• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Greyhound37

Greyhound37

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Interests:cycling, Sailing, running and wine.

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

Heading south Nov 1st +/-
2006 Salona 37
looking for experienced crew, fit offshore experienced
fun ride, all expenses covered

#2 haligonian winterr

haligonian winterr

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • Interests:Going Fast.

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:57 PM

PM sent

#3 sam daly

sam daly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Singing to whales, swimming with mermaids... Learning, teaching, racing, taking care of the water.

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

ditto

#4 Greyhound37

Greyhound37

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:54 PM

Sorry I can't recieve PM's on this forum. please email me at walcakyacht at yahoo dot com many thanks

#5 haligonian winterr

haligonian winterr

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:20 PM

Email address not working?

#6 haligonian winterr

haligonian winterr

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:46 PM

Email is walczakyacht@yahoo.com

HW

#7 Greyhound37

Greyhound37

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:52 AM

Here are the details.

This is not a paid crew position however you will eat well and all expenses paid. Depending on where we end up we will fly or drive back to BWI or Annapolis.

This is a "fun" trip to get my boat south. Winds under 20-25 and a reasonable forecast we will go offshore from the Chesapeake.

If I do not like the weather window we will head down the waterway stopping every night and hopefully get offshore in Beaufort, NC.

The boat has 2 staterooms with doubles and two saloon berths. I intend on taking 3 or 4 plus me.

The auto pilot, weather, plotter, AIS is all Garmin, 1 year old.

Boat sails up tp 10.5 knots in less tha 20 on a reach and averages 7 on all points with a little breeze.

Refrigeration, windlass, saildrive. No furling, 3 headsails plus a chute.

Depending on how my business schedule unfolds I hope to leave in the 10/28-11/2 time frame and be underway for 5 to 7 days, leave the boat and return. 2nd leg to Palm Beach later.

Let me know if you have questions.

#8 robmo01

robmo01

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, writing, dogs, Baseball, football, beer

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

Here are the details.
This is not a paid crew position however you will eat well and all expenses paid. Depending on where we end up we will fly or drive back to BWI or Annapolis.
This is a "fun" trip to get my boat south. Winds under 20-25 and a reasonable forecast we will go offshore from the Chesapeake.
If I do not like the weather window we will head down the waterway stopping every night and hopefully get offshore in Beaufort, NC.
The boat has 2 staterooms with doubles and two saloon berths. I intend on taking 3 or 4 plus me.
The auto pilot, weather, plotter, AIS is all Garmin, 1 year old.
Boat sails up tp 10.5 knots in less tha 20 on a reach and averages 7 on all points with a little breeze.
Refrigeration, windlass, saildrive. No furling, 3 headsails plus a chute.
Depending on how my business schedule unfolds I hope to leave in the 10/28-11/2 time frame and be underway for 5 to 7 days, leave the boat and return. 2nd leg to Palm Beach later.

Let me know if you have questions.

Hello,

I may be available for the second leg if you're planning on mid to late Nov. I have more than 40 ysr experience racing, cruising and delivering boats. I have more than 3000 miles offshore experience. Hope to hear

#9 Greyhound37

Greyhound37

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

Update for a fun trip south. Due to Sandy we are departing Annapolis 07:00 Sunday November 4th.
boat has AIS full Garmin AP, weather, plotter, EPIRB, 6 man raft canister on deck, jack lines, 140, 100, 60% fully serviced. 150 mile shakedown just completed ( returned yesterday)
Plan is to dock in Little Creek, VA and wait for a "ideal" offshore window. If it looks nasty offshore for a few days we will take the inland waterway to Beaufort, S.C.
After 5 days we will secure the boat and fly/drive back to Annapolis.
if you are fit, agile, have tons of racing/cruising experience you would enjoy this trip. Eat well, no unnecessary risks and good beer & wine when not underway.
Several people have responded but we have had no firm departure date until now. At this point me and one other person who raced on the boat this season are confirmed. Ideally I would like 2 or 3 more on board.
text or call my mobile 410
353 4712

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users