#1 us7070

us7070

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,533 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

https://www.liquipel.com/in-action/

It's some sort of covering that you can't see or feel, and can apparently protect your phone from accidental immersion.

I've been using a Lifeproof case, and it's pretty good - it has protected my phone from water, and accidental drops. It's not too bulky, so I never take it off.

The one problem I have with the Lifeproof, is that when the screen cover is wet, like in the rain, the screen doesn't respond well to my touch.

#2 us7070

us7070

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,533 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:00 PM

Well, on reading more about this, it turns out that the Liquipel is really only intended to protect against _accidental_ exposure..., it's not meant for situations where you are pretty sure your phone is going to get wet.

#3 WHL

WHL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,671 posts
  • Interests:Offshore, Star, Farr 30, R Boat racing, and gunkholing in classic daysailers

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:44 PM

Sounds good, however I called them a few months ago and it seems they aren't really geared up to take my phone, commit to a turnaround and ship it back, despite what they advertise.
I also asked if their coating has any negative affect on conductivity in the headphone port or power port, or heat dissipation. They couldn't provide an answer.

#4 glowmaster

glowmaster

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • Interests:Trimarans, Windsurfing, SUP.
    The ultimate trifecta.

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

Lifeproof case.

Highly recommended.

I had one for my 4 that was great, waiting for the Iphone 5 model.

ed

#5 DavidD80

DavidD80

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

Well, on reading more about this, it turns out that the Liquipel is really only intended to protect against _accidental_ exposure..., it's not meant for situations where you are pretty sure your phone is going to get wet.

I had a look as well and from what i can see, they put out all these images/videos of #liquipelled' phones being splashed, submerged or used with water and when you read their instructions they state that phones should not come into contact with any form of liquids and if it does then you should take it apart and dry out. Sounds like it is the same solution people are already using when they have water damage. Perhaps a waste of US$60 i think?

#6 us7070

us7070

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,533 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

Lifeproof case.

Highly recommended.

I had one for my 4 that was great, waiting for the Iphone 5 model.

ed

Well, in my first post, i mentioned that i have a LifeProof - I also think they are great.

Except..., that when it's raining, and the screen is wet, i have trouble operating the phone. I swipe my finger across the screen, and sometimes nothing happens.

#7 BalticBandit

BalticBandit

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,728 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:42 PM

Well I just got back from GITEX where Liquipel had a booth... and while its supposedly aimed at only "accidental" immersion, they were showing off the top of their line (they have 3 products) with an iPad in a continual stream from a showerhead.

And it worked even after a week of that treatment.

That said, what I would do is get an older smartphone and try it on that first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users