#1 Anthonyvop

Anthonyvop

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:20 PM

2013 Atlantic Cup Announced

So what do you guys think? An event that will grow in prestige and popularity or.......?

#2 Left Hook

Left Hook

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,306 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:09 AM

I can only hope that it's going to grow in prestige and popularity. It's a great event run by great people in great boats raced by great sailors with great stories. In short...it's great.

#3 gybe-ho!

gybe-ho!

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

Bloody right it will, great event and as Left Hook points out, run by great people. Here's to the 2013 Atlantic Cup bigger, better, faster, more!

#4 hermitCrab

hermitCrab

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

It was a lot of fun to watch on my computer here on the other coast - great program and excellent racing, but I don't see a transat 'feeder' race to bring the european boats over on the Class 40 calendar.
How many boats are there on the east coast - carribean?

#5 pogen

pogen

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,848 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

Great event, I wish we had something like it here on the Left Coast.

#6 mr_ryano

mr_ryano

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,967 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:12 AM

It was a lot of fun to watch on my computer here on the other coast - great program and excellent racing, but I don't see a transat 'feeder' race to bring the european boats over on the Class 40 calendar.
How many boats are there on the east coast - carribean?

This will be the real issue here. 2012 was the perfect storm with the Solidaire du Chocolat and the Q2SM. The Atlantic Cup could be made part of the delivery cycle

#7 TheAtlanticCup

TheAtlanticCup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

Thanks to the once every 4 year Vendee Globe and therefore lack of Class 40 Trans-Atlantic races, it is possible that 2013 may not bring as many European entries to the Atlantic Cup. However, it is a great opportunity for more North Americans to get involved in the Class 40 and the race. At least 3 boats are on the east coast of the U.S. and available for sale and/or charter, two are listed here: http://atlanticcup.o...3_atlantic_cup/

The 2013 east coast season has a great lineup of offshore races for Class 40s starting with the Pineapple Cup and followed up with the Atlantic Cup, Bermuda 1-2 and Marblehead to Halifax. And for the really ambitious, 2013 is another opportunity to race in the Transat Jaques Vabre which departs from France in November.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users