5 replies to this topic

#1 usa1136

usa1136

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

Just wanted to post a short story of why I buy from Jamestown Distributors.

Bought a can of KiwiGrip this spring to paint the cockpit floor of a new to me 17 center console. Prepped the boat in the spring, and began to paint using the roller recommended and prurchased via JD. Halfway through the job the roller just started completely coming apart and since the paint dries so fast, decided to just keep in going and knock off the roller pieces when dried. I sent an email or two to them, but for whatever reason, did not hear back.

Just placed another order for something different this week and in the comment field told them about the issue. They responded a day later and said they put a new can of Kiwigrip in the mail at no charge. Great example of going above and beyond.

#2 sailman

sailman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,784 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

Put in a call next time, their staff are very knowledgeable and they are located in JD not in some remote location.

#3 jesposito

jesposito

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,643 posts
  • Interests:cycling, skiing and depressing the competition on the race course

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

Ordered a bilge pump repair kit. The guy that helped me was very helpful and knowledgeable. Sent me the correct parts in 1 day.
I would recommend them

#4 titanuranus

titanuranus

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

Ordered a bilge pump repair kit. The guy that helped me was very helpful and knowledgeable. Sent me the correct parts in 1 day.
I would recommend them

who buys a $15 repair kit for a $25 Rule pump?

cheap fuck

im sure he just wanted to get rid of you as fast as he could

#5 sailman

sailman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,784 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:14 AM

WTF is your problem?

#6 WHK

WHK

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:32 PM

You know better than to be taunting Espo... he can make it very uncomforatble for you on Hustler

Back to topic - JD has great service and a knowledgeable staff. They are right in the middle of the RI boating industry and supply most of the places in the area. Their prices are very competitive. I'm fortunate that I can drive there and pick up stuff. Everyone I know who has bought via mail order has always gotten good service.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users