Lewmar Australia - talk about backwards

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Barbara_Banker

Barbara_Banker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Selling home loans, drinking, snarling at all the poor people wanting to buy houses.

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:40 AM

Barb's is terribly annoyed. On contacting her favoured gear supplier for a replacement Lewmar block that, since Lewmar had changed agents in Australia from Barlow to some shit eaters called BLA that they couldnt supply me any longer as BLA and Lewmar apparantly have a policy of no longer supplying online retailers.

WTF Barbara though (coughing, exhaling acrid smoke, and simulatanously adjusting her new bigger tits) thinks whats next, bartering for a freaking 40mm block cos they dont accept money either?

Now i get the best advice, personalised service and generally next day delivery from my preferred supplier....im not giving a free plug either im sure other online retailers are the same.

What shitted her off the most is, after a long few days working the street corner Barbs had finally showered, and is most angry that some arrogant f*ucker company expects me to frock up, put on the 6 inch heels, makeup and all find some "bricks and mortar' retailer a million miles out west somewhere where ill get some fuckface 16 yr old as a sales guy telling me what i need isnt in stock.

Most of all Barbs likes things her own way, and is fucked off that a company, just cos its a dominant market player decides customers dont matter and that the internet is not mainstream enough to be considered for the sale of their products. Not to mention that a good online retailer can have the product on the office desk the next day, and ready to fix whatever busted for the next weekends racing much more easily at times than finding time to go the a physical shop, and Barbs works such long hours she cant do that etc etc.

Rant over,

#2 MSA

MSA

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:54 AM

Seems like a plug to me..

If you feel so strongly about online retail stores just order it off a US based website for half the price. After all, Online retail stores are in the business of being a web hosting service.. most of them don't stock items and it comes direct from the manufacturer/Importer.

If Lewmar AUS don't want to assign the admin staff to sending you one pissy little block, that fine. Their business, go else where or walk into a shop and support the niche, bespoke industry we have.

Maybe they have the same ethos as I do.. Why introduce a middleman that creates more work for you and are also known for ripping people off and not providing warranty or timely service. (not Specifically Yachtworks, I'm talking online retailers in general)

#3 sailman

sailman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,785 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:53 AM

Barb's is terribly annoyed. On contacting her favoured gear supplier, Yachtworks.com.au for a replacement Lewmar block that, since Lewmar had changed agents in Australia from Barlow to some shit eaters called BLA that they couldnt supply me any longer as BLA and Lewmar apparantly have a policy of no longer supplying online retailers.

WTF Barbara though (coughing, exhaling acrid smoke, and simulatanously adjusting her new bigger tits) thinks whats next, bartering for a freaking 40mm block cos they dont accept money either?

Now i get the best advice, personalised service and generally next day delivery from my preferred supplier....im not giving a free plug either im sure other online retailers are the same.

What shitted her off the most is, after a long few days working the street corner Barbs had finally showered, and is most angry that some arrogant f*ucker company expects me to frock up, put on the 6 inch heels, makeup and all find some "bricks and mortar' retailer a million miles out west somewhere where ill get some fuckface 16 yr old as a sales guy telling me what i need isnt in stock.

Most of all Barbs likes things her own way, and is fucked off that a company, just cos its a dominant market player decides customers dont matter and that the internet is not mainstream enough to be considered for the sale of their products. Not to mention that a good online retailer can have the product on the office desk the next day, and ready to fix whatever busted for the next weekends racing much more easily at times than finding time to go the a physical shop, and Barbs works such long hours she cant do that etc etc.

Rant over,

Attached File  Cant-Brain-Today-Got-The-Dumb.jpg   55.35K   7 downloads

#4 shiny

shiny

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:10 AM

I have never seen a Lewmar block that I would intentionally put on a boat in the first place. Count your blessings that you couldn't get the thing and buy from a competitor that will sell you a decent block with higher working loads at a lower cost.

#5 Barbara_Banker

Barbara_Banker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Selling home loans, drinking, snarling at all the poor people wanting to buy houses.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

Selden

#6 egon

egon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Interests:Recursion, acronyms, and recursive acronyms.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

You're bitching because you can't find a 40mm block?! Really? Lame doesn't begin to describe your predicament. Please let us know when you're trying to buy a part (that's in every fucking catalog) that no one carries because it must be made from ground unicorn horn, with depleted unobtainium sheaves, and greased with smurf cum. Oh and it's on inter-galactic back-order and only ships via African swallow. Then, only then, you are allowed to utter a peep about having trouble ordering a Lewmar product.

--Matt

#7 Barbara_Banker

Barbara_Banker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

You're bitching because you can't find a 40mm block?! Really? Lame doesn't begin to describe your predicament. Please let us know when you're trying to buy a part (that's in every fucking catalog) that no one carries because it must be made from ground unicorn horn, with depleted unobtainium sheaves, and greased with smurf cum. Oh and it's on inter-galactic back-order and only ships via African swallow. Then, only then, you are allowed to utter a peep about having trouble ordering a Lewmar product.

--Matt

And you really think im moaning about on fucking block. Go away.

#8 Barbara_Banker

Barbara_Banker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

--Matt

You stupid fuck i was costing a package for a deck level refit and yes objected to Lewmars arrogance in not giving a shit as to what their customers want out of their company.

Say refiyt on here and everyone is speculating what boat like old ladies at knitting so i said a fucking turning block.

Im told your a cunt and a hassle btw im sure you know by who.

#9 Weyalan

Weyalan

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:26 AM

I've had good service ordering on-line from Juan and the guys at Mauri Pro. They often have free shipping, even for overseas orders. Order in less than $1000 dollar chunks and you don't have to pay import duty. ITs a metric shit-ton cheaper than buying local. Spending your hard earned elsewhere is probably one of the few ways of effectively thumbing your nose at suppliers who give less than stellar service.

#10 Yachtdog

Yachtdog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

... now this reads like the Sailing Anarchy from the days of old. What a refreashing read. thanks for the smile. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users