5 replies to this topic

#1 Clovis

Clovis

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:18 PM

I read in the Seascape thread that Archambault (http://www.archambau...dex.php?lang=en) "went bust".
It actually does not seem that bad yet, but it definitely doesn't look good either, since they are now in "redressement judiciaire" (somewhat similar to Chapter 10 in the US i think).
Their financials are here: http://www.societe.c...-378552343.html

Hope they get through it, as they have very successfully been making sweet boats for decades, both one-design (Surprise, Grand Surprise...) and IRC (A35, A40...).
I tend to believe that the failure of the ill-conceived M34 (Tour de France official design) didn't help... On the IRC side they seem to have suffered from the competition of the very dynamic JPK boats... and the pricing of the new A27 seemed high compared to a J80 or a Seascape27...
All of that is a lot in the current context. But i have no insider info.

Anybody here knows more?
Tough times for the European economy :(

C.

#2 LeoV

LeoV

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

PM moody frog on this board.Maybe he knows. But I think its a lighter case then chapter 10.
They do an awful lot of mouldings for other brands too. That was actually bigger then the boat building.
Its such an iconic name...

#3 Clovis

Clovis

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:24 AM

Yes i meant chapter 11. Anyhow, quite a disturbing piece of news for European sailing...

#4 Evolution NZ

Evolution NZ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:50 AM

It looks like they are much better off this year than last even 3 years ago they made less the 2%, IT is the way of the marine industry right now it is hard to make a profit even when all is going well without the GFC, I wish them LOT of luck!

#5 chorus1

chorus1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Interests:Design IOR CHS IRC IMS

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

It looks like they are much better off this year than last even 3 years ago they made less the 2%, IT is the way of the marine industry right now it is hard to make a profit even when all is going well without the GFC, I wish them LOT of luck!

Archambault : bonnes surprises en temps de crise

C’est désormais officiel. Le chantier Archambault, qui était en redressement judiciaire depuis l’été, va poursuivre son activité. Racheté par un industriel passionné de régate et lui-même propriétaire d’un A35, le chantier conserve aux manettes la famille Archambault. Et comme une bonne nouvelle n’arrive jamais seule, c’est l’A31 qui a été élu mardi «Bateau IRC de l’année 2012» par l’UNCL. Champagne !

Summary : a new owner now. who let the family Archambault to pilot the yard.

#6 LeoV

LeoV

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

Thanks Chorus, good to hear...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: irc, a27, a31, a35, surprise, crisis, economy, m34, archambault

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users