5 replies to this topic

#1 DUBLIN-13

DUBLIN-13

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

Im leaving my boat in Italy till next summer and want to get some racing in over the winter. Ive been told there is regular racing around the Gulf of La Spezia but cant find any info. Ive got a few race organisers web sites from further down the coast but no calenders for 2013. Any one able to recommend clubs or groups that organise racing around the Tuscany region.

#2 fyschebone

fyschebone

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

Nope, but I've heard it can be difficult to lease anything there.

#3 P_Wop

P_Wop

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

The CNVA at Marina Cala Galera has a fairly active winter series. http://www.cnva.it/

The harbor and boatyard at Cala Galera http://www.marinacalagalera.com are pretty top-notch as well, and there's a strong group of English-speaking large yacht pro crews (not racers) that use the yard for winter work. In the middle of Tuscany - and easy to get to as well.

#4 dogwatch

dogwatch

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Interests:Racing in all forms.

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:20 AM

Gulf of La Spezia

Strictly that's in Liguria not Tuscany. It's a long, long while since I spent time there but my recollection is that La Spezia is a naval/industrial area and not really that pleasant, although nearby Lerici is gorgeous.

#5 DUBLIN-13

DUBLIN-13

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

Lerici looks good was only there in the night but going back next week for a look around. Looks theyve a good size marina with some good racers although when i was there the marina bridge had gone for a swim

#6 ronin64

ronin64

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:electronics

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

Hi, good places you can find from Punta Ala, or Porto Santo Stefano (www.ycss.it), Porto Ercole adn Cala Galera (www.cnva.it). A little bit south Cana Galera (30nm) you can find Riva di Traiano (www.cnrt.it) near Civitavecchia.
All these are gorgeous places with good winter races.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users