215 replies to this topic

#1 Courtney K

Courtney K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

Let's suppose (hypothetically) one wanted to live aboard a comfortable vessel that could accommodate a family: mom, dad, up to four crumb-crunchers. This vessel would not only be comfortable to live aboard, but have decent to great sailing performance. Allow me to define both of those requirements. This is future planning/wondering/musing. I'm neither married nor pregnant!

Comfotable: plenty of headroom, open "floor plan," enough room for people to walk around and do little dances when their hearts required it. Lots of berths and storage space. Great dining space, functional galley.

Performance: sturdy, stout, sails well to weather and off the wind. Points relatively high. Handles rough weather with a scoff and a laugh, but can sail decently in calmer conditions. Is there such a boat?

Qualifications:

Type of boat is open: sloop, cutter, slutter, ketch, yawl, etc. all on the table.

Size: a comfortable boat for up to six people needs to be big, but stay within the handling capabilities of two adults. Boat should be no smaller than 40 feet.

Budget: under the cost of a house. Let's put this budget around...$200k, just for kicks. If money was no object, there would be no reason for a post.

Interior aesthetic: warm, cozy, homey. Not stark and sterile. Teaky.

PIctures welcome, current listings would be fun, but not necessary. Ideas???

#2 Ajax

Ajax

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,688 posts
  • Interests:It's Obvious!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

You're pregnant??? Congrats!! :lol:

#3 A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,453 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

I'd suggest a large cat/tri.

#4 Courtney K

Courtney K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

No, not even close. This is all hypothetical for the future, when I would be popping out kids.

#5 hobot

hobot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,658 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

You're pregnant??? Congrats!! :lol:/>

No, not even close. This is all hypothetical for the future, when I would be launching out kids.

Fixed.....this is a sailing forum after all.

*ducking*

#6 Innocent Bystander

Innocent Bystander

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,403 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

Need to set your constraints a bit.

High Lattitude or moderate/tropic?

"'round the capes" or tradewind sailing?

Draft constrained (Bahamas, etc.) or not?

What do you consider spacious? Some would claim 35' is sufficient for a family with 4 kids. For others, an 80' cat isn't big enough.

How many separate sleeping cabins do you consider to be required? We went from 31' to 42' when our son and daughter were old enough that sharing the vee berth was getting to be a bit "icky".

Generally, I think you will be looking at 45' plus or minus. As you know, there are "little" big boats and "big" little boats. Once you get beyond 45' or greater than 25K pounds displacement (arbitrary), you are getting to a pretty big boat for 2 to voyage-although there are exceptions such as Evans and Beth. The 4 kids are a challenge. Nature says they will have a range of ages (unless you are an octomom wannabe) and once they get to around 8 years old, you are talking a mini adult when it comes to space and systems needs.

#7 Whisper

Whisper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

So yer gonna splash some little ones, eh? ;)

A used Tayana 52 can be had with that budget. I like the aft cockpit versions better than center cockpit.

#8 SailAR

SailAR

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

http://www.yachtworl...ing_id=1791=

here you go. appears to be a motivated seller...

#9 TheFlash

TheFlash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,226 posts
  • Interests:Rum

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

4 kids, damn.

A cat would be the way to go, lock the little teak-rats over on their own side of the bus.

#10 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,961 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

Whisper:
I think a TY 52 might be a bit on the big side for Courtney.

Congrats Courtney! When are you due?

#11 Great White

Great White

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts
  • Interests:Racing, cruising, bicycle riding and touring, hiking, xcountry skiing.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

Now for the other side of the equation. Here is a family with two small children and a third on its way (very soon) that are living aboard an Open 40 and sailing around the world through the southern ocean. Obviously, this is not for everyone!

http://anasaziracing.blogspot.com/

#12 familysailor

familysailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,774 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

Sounds like you have time for Bob and the crew to design you a vessel.....

#13 Bulbhunter

Bulbhunter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,217 posts
  • Interests:SA is DEAD

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

No, not even close. This is all hypothetical for the future, when I would be popping out kids.

Pondering jumping from the solo crash pad to what would eventually work as the family house ehh?

I met a couple here in SF shortly after they had returned after spending nearly 30+yrs wandering the planet. They left in a wood boat - and soon replaced it with a steel boat in the 40ft range. If I were to make my permanent long term home on a boat and not have a back up plan or shack some place I can go to if I were to loose the boat - A Aluminum or steel hulled boat would be my very first choice. Simply because you could park it on the beach after a terrible blow and get it back floating again with little worry about loosing your home due to hull failure etc. Not to mention there are lots of things floating around out there that could sink your glass house per say.

Reading a story about a couple caught in a massive storm and having a large charter boat break free and be cut in half by their steel hulled cruiser. It scratched their anchor and bent some soft bits on the pointy end. That is why I would make my home a metal hull.

#14 Tucky

Tucky

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

I've alway

I'd suggest a large cat/tri.

I've always thought Heron worth a look- Chris White's big cat. Ketch rig, lots of room and separation (you and the lucky guy in the aft cabin, munchkins forward). If you keep it light it will sail nicely and power as well.

Attached File  1.jpg   30.52K   3 downloads

Chris White write-up- http://www.chriswhit...ign/concept_63/

Only one built- I sailed on it for one afternoon. Boat currently in service- http://www.heronyach...and EVENTS/c1pz (volume down)

Congratulations on marriage and the happy news. I missed the announcement or would have sent a gift. Do we know the guy?

#15 Bulbhunter

Bulbhunter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,217 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

http://www.yachtworl...dam/Netherlands
http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1997/Van-De-Stadt-44-2492256/Netherlands

You get my point

#16 Bulbhunter

Bulbhunter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,217 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

Courtney this is right up your alley
http://www.yachtworl...A/United-States

And in your back yard - go look at it ;-)

#17 Bulbhunter

Bulbhunter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,217 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

http://www.yachtworl...588/Olbia/Italy

By the way unless the US Dollar completely craps out and the Euro magically becomes far more valued than the dollar - pretty sure the next boat the wife and I buy will be something we charter in Croatia for a week or two of fun cruising then ship home. Their are just FAR FAR more well done used boats in the Med then here at home.

This one is sexy but interior might be very tight for family cruising and live aboard
http://www.yachtworl...-2444050/France

Your family boat
http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1989/Van-De-Stadt-44-Center-Cockpit-2468393/Norwalk/CT/United-States
Very nice! Very livable - respected designer - and tough as nails. That power boater that hit your Islander would have left a small smudge and maybe would have woken you up had you been aboard. Chances are the power boat would have sunk before you poked your head out to see what was going on. ;-)

#18 Soņadora

Soņadora

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,777 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

1st choice

Posted Image

2nd choice

Posted Image

A lot of folks might think these are too small to raise 3-4 kids on, but if they're born while on passage, what would they know? There are great examples of large-ish families doing this. Our own B-J Porter is currently on passage with the clan aboard a beautiful Hallberg-Rassey. And honestly, if I were going to throw reality to the wind, a 50'+ H-R or a Malo or Najad would probably fit the bill as well. Also be sure to read stories like 'Voyage of Kristina' and 'Northern Magic'.

Hell, even our li'l Baba 30 would work with our family of 5 if the two older ones were still under 10. Really need to consider things like cost to maintain, slip fees, ease of handling, etc.

edit:

re: $200k, you are realy trying to talk yourself into a Baba 40, aren't you ;)

and hey! lookit this!

http://www.yachtworl...ng_id=30304=

#19 Bulbhunter

Bulbhunter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,217 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

^ I like the Ovani's super cool boats with some amazing ability such as beaching etc. The only thing that worries me is their stability index with what is more or less a light weight center board. Retired with lots of time to choose and pick my weather windows the Ovani idea would be very interesting but I wouldn't be all that keen on getting caught in really bad conditions with one due to the whole missing keel / stability issue.

#20 Soņadora

Soņadora

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,777 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

I can agree that losing a keel would be frightening, but having endorsement from a guy like Jimmy Cornell says a lot, in my book. And that 10' draft with board down will help performance.

I just think those boats (and it's 'Ovni' ;)) have perfected the reason why anyone would want a swing keel. A real 'adventure' boat for the whole family.

#21 Joli

Joli

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

Our boat is not for sale but congratulations on your future family.

#22 Bulbhunter

Bulbhunter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,217 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

Be sure to check the Zombie survivability rating ;-)

#23 bljones

bljones

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Interests:Sailing

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

Hard to beat the space and capability of a PDQ LRC, for under $200 K.
If you're willing to accept questionable aesthetics to gain unquestionable living space, a Catalac 10M would give you change back from $125K, leaving you money left over from your 200 large for a small stable of Perry designs

#24 ice9a

ice9a

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:1

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

hmmmm . . . a big question is whether you or your future husband have any boat building skills? Can you buy a bare hull or a project boat and fit it out? You have a lot more options within your budget if you have those skills.

Beth Leonard's Hawk meets almost all of your requirements (except it has almost no wood inside), but to keep it within your budget, you would have to do as they did and fit out a bare hull.

There are also some 'projects boats' like Emily that were absolutely terrific boats, need a lot of work but could be terrific again, for not much money if you have the skills.

#25 kdh

kdh

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

Since the husband is hypothetical he may as well be rich.

Posted Image

The only thing better than a little girl is four little girls.

#26 Ishmael

Ishmael

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,286 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

Posted Image

As long as they are over 18... :)

#27 boomer

boomer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,197 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

Posted Image

Oh-la-la !

#28 Trendsetter

Trendsetter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

Antaris PDQ 44i plenty of space, not some ugly clorax bottle, respectable sailing machine and designed as a liveabord sailboat first. 200k should find you a used one

#29 Bulbhunter

Bulbhunter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,217 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

PDQ is WAY out of her 200K if all bets were off budget.LOL - besides I don't see her into the cat thing given her interest in Non - pilot house traditional looking mono's

#30 olaf hart

olaf hart

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

We have cruised with folks who spent a year away with four kids,two teens, on an Adams 40 cc. Nothing special, just a random 40 foot cruiser.
Other friends lived full time and grew five boys on a Herreshoff Mobjack, the boys were born and home schooled on the boat as it cruised the pacific, never lived in a house till they left "home".
I wouldn't buy a big boat till I was ready to use it, the costs and maintenance would be a real downer.

I hope you realise that if you keep thinking like this your ovaries will start making their own decisions?

#31 Joli

Joli

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:52 PM

Maybe the situation is pre made. A rich guy with four ankle biters looking for a first mate? Why else ask about four rug rats?

#32 TheFlash

TheFlash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,226 posts
  • Interests:Rum

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

hellofa craiglist ad. "Captain, with 4 crew under age of 10 seeking First Mate for world cruise. Need a boat"

#33 blackjenner

blackjenner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts
  • Interests:MrsBlack, Brigadoon, freedom

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

I like that you are still dreaming that dream, Courtney. It gives me a smile on an otherwise stressful day.

#34 Black Jack

Black Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:54 AM

I am kinda of a romantic. Never underestimate a classic boat. Go with a vessel that takes you there in style and get you great invitations to other peoples dinners and parties. When you arrive where ever you go you are the sailing celebrity everyone wishes they were. This boat does well in various configurations and can be singlehanded if need be. Which I doubt you ever would be...

Posted Image

(One of the booms with a loose sail makes a great bassinet too.)

#35 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,961 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:13 AM

Thanks Rick.

#36 Cavelamb

Cavelamb

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:23 AM

So yer gonna splash some little ones, eh? ;)

A used Tayana 52 can be had with that budget. I like the aft cockpit versions better than center cockpit.

With four little sea urchins aboard?
I want the aft cabin - with inside locks on the hatch!

#37 Courtney K

Courtney K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:08 AM

Wow, some fun suggestions!

To be totally clear again: I'm not married or engaged! I'm just pondering and thought this would be a fun "What If" sort of thread. Again, NO BABIES ON THE WAY!!! That's why I said it was hypothetical! But I know that I do want a family at some point in time. I'm traditional, so it'll be like the playground song: "First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the baby in the baby carriage."

And obviously I'd prefer this hypothetical man to be rich, but that's not a requirement. Keep the boat ideas coming, it's fun!

#38 Courtney K

Courtney K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:25 AM

I've always thought Heron worth a look- Chris White's big cat. Ketch rig, lots of room and separation (you and the lucky guy in the aft cabin, munchkins forward). If you keep it light it will sail nicely and power as well.

Congratulations on marriage and the happy news. I missed the announcement or would have sent a gift. Do we know the guy?

Not engaged or married or pregnant. This is allllll hypothetical planning. But thanks anyway. I didn't even think of a cat or tri, but I like your thoughts on it. Parents on one end of the boat, rats on the other.

Your family boat
http://www.yachtworl...T/United-States
Very nice! Very livable - respected designer - and tough as nails. That power boater that hit your Islander would have left a small smudge and maybe would have woken you up had you been aboard. Chances are the power boat would have sunk before you poked your head out to see what was going on. ;-)

I love that 44' Van De Sadt. You have great boat taste.

Guess you are not interested in Islander 30 Sailboat - cabin on the water! - $1900 (berkeley)
But we all know you want a Baba 40 - just add add some flexible berthing for the kids
http://www.yachtworl...&url=&imc=pg-fs

We are dreaming here, aren't we? Pat

Yeah, okay, guilty, I still want a Perry design. Those lines, that teak. The sails. Ahhhhh!

Our boat is not for sale but congratulations on your future family.

Haven't a clue who the guy is, but I'm excited to meet the poor schmuck. Hope he likes a wife who plans the future, that's all I'm saying.

Posted Image

Now we're talking.

#39 Kent H

Kent H

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:38 AM

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/boatMergedDetails.jsp?boat_id=2513856&ybw=&units=Feet&currency=USD&access=Public&listing_id=3144&url=

Within Budget

Goes to windward at up to 12 knots

2250 range at 9 knots....your mileage may vary but can always jerry can more.

Steel - why do you all like steel? Salt water and steel equals running rust. Try getting into all those nooks and cranies. Some of you complain about oiling teak~!

Courtney....come over to the dark side....say it slowly .....powerboat...

Be careful....these guys will have you married with kids. I am surprised they have not started a thread yet to marry you off. Those Cruising Anarchy folks....bunch of mother hens!

I can see the thread now.

Cal 39 worst boat or just.... Whoops wrong thread...

Liveaboard Courtney
Needs Husband now,...kids within the year.

You know that thread is just around the corner...

Attached Files

#40 familysailor

familysailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,774 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:35 AM

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GAK!

oh, sorry must have scared a hairball out of me.

#41 Soņadora

Soņadora

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,777 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:08 AM

only problem I see is if she's pregnant, how's she going to make French Toast? :blink:

#42 Ishmael

Ishmael

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,286 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:10 AM

She's probably not going to be continually pregnant, so there will be periods times when she is between offspring.

#43 Courtney K

Courtney K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:27 AM

only problem I see is if she's pregnant, how's she going to make French Toast? :blink:

Okay, I have no idea what this means! Would I be naive to think you're talking about the actual french toast, with the eggs and the milk, or is this some double entendre that I'm too innocent to know the meaning of?

Kent H, you know what I can say slowly? GASOLINE PRICES! or if you don't like that: DIESEL PRICES!

#44 Boomberries

Boomberries

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • Interests:Offshore and coastal sailing and racing. Classic wooden boats.

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:43 AM

Okay, I have no idea what this means! Would I be naive to think you're talking about the actual french toast, with the eggs and the milk, or is this some double entendre that I'm too innocent to know the meaning of?

Kent H, you know what I can say slowly? GASOLINE PRICES! or if you don't like that: DIESEL PRICES!

This offers some insight into the http://youtu.be/pPOL8C4FPdc French toast fetish of CA. :rolleyes: Awesome to see you on the water this past weekend, Courtney.

#45 Zonker

Zonker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

Gently used French charter catamaran in the Caribbean. PDQ36 is too small (mostly for payload & only 3 cabin reasons). PDQ 44 (Antares 44) is way too costly. No way you'll get a used one <200K. Forget nice long overhangs. You need a cargo carrier and that means long overhangs that look pretty don't do too much for you.

Cruising friends with 3 kids and full time liveaboard cruising the world:
Stephens 47
Beneteau F38 (really a 40' boat)
Kelly Peterson 46
Grand Soleil 39 (just 1 year cruise)

2 kids: lots of boats but randomly
Lagoon 42 cat
St Francis 44 cat
Cal 35
Tartan 41, etc etc etc. 2 kids is way more manageable in terms of requirements for cabins & berths.

I can't think of any boats with 4 kids cruising that I know personally.

4 kids is a lot and a handful while cruising. I always suggest 4 years old is a good MIN age to have kids start full time cruising. Toddlers are a pain because they try to kill themselves too easily. However if you're living at a dock no lower age limit. So if you have 4 kids with youngest around age 4, then the oldest one will be maybe 9 or 10? Depending on your resilience of course. When they hit puberty many kids get a little less interested in cruising from our observations. So you may have a narrowish window of say 5 years when the youngest is old enough and oldest isn't griping...

And really 4 kids? Might I suggest a nice flat screen instead to keep you and your hypothetical husband occupied... at least that's what friends with 4 kids always say to us - they should have got a TV and cable.

#46 olaf hart

olaf hart

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:39 AM

You could also consider a dog .
They give you unconditional love and they are dead by 14.

#47 boomer

boomer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,197 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

And really 4 kids?

The darling wife, two kids and I lived aboard a '38 and for less then a year aboard a '41.

When the wife talked of having more kids, started looking at '57 feet....realizing that still wouldn't be big enough, started looking for some acreage.

#48 wick

wick

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

Posted Image

Lovely. That is not a little girl.

#49 Albatros

Albatros

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,690 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

To be totally clear again: I'm not married or engaged!

so in fact, the yacht only comes second, we first have to do something about this situation ... some more pix might of course help ;)

probably not within budget, but this one might tick some boxes ...Posted Image

#50 Soņadora

Soņadora

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,777 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

ok, by now you've seen the video. It's all in good fun :)

I like your spirit, Courtney. It's going to take you a lot farther than your peers. And your man (whoever he may be) better be willing to relinquish the wheel often.

#51 SemiSalt

SemiSalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,496 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

Random thoughts.

As an abstract principle, the more spherical the boat's shape, the less it will cost for given accommodations. Monos are going to be cheaper that multis.

"Decent sailing performance" is a personal thing. Some people think it begins with D/L ratio of 225, some are looking at 100.

The very best deal for you is going to have an asset that means more to you than to the general public, or, more likely, a deficit that means less. A boat with blown out sails is worth more to a sailmaker, and a boat with a dead diesel is worth more to a diesel mechanic because they don't have to remedy those problems at retail prices. A boat available locally is a better deal than the same boat located 2000 miles away.

I'd be interested in more discussions of boat size. For example, does elbow room increase with displacement (L^3) or at a slower rate? In standard layouts, to what extend does the number of staterooms increase, and to what extent does the same number of staterooms each get larger?

#52 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,961 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

I look at the photo of the cb'er on the beach and I think of all the sand you would track on board.
I also wonder what happens when you pump the head.
"Oops, there goes the picnic on the sand."
I prefer my boats on the water.

#53 Innocent Bystander

Innocent Bystander

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,403 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

I look at the photo of the cb'er on the beach and I think of all the sand you would track on board.

I can see the utility in some cruising crounds, but that boat would need the "all pumping goes the holding tank" option we talked about in Ajax' thread.

#54 blackjenner

blackjenner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

You don't pump a composting head. :)

#55 Steam Flyer

Steam Flyer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

I can see the utility in some cruising crounds, but that boat would need the "all pumping goes the holding tank" option we talked about in Ajax' thread.

One of the great benefits of shoal draft, rarely mentioned much less seriously considered, is the wider range of potential anchorages; and no only that but a much greater potential for finding well-sheltered good-holding within a given radius of 'where you are right now.'

yeah yeah I know, in the PacNW "it's deep everywhere" but when I cruised up there, I saw lots of smaller coves, creek mouths, spots behind bars or ledges, etc etc that were simply not anchorages because nobody even thought about going in there. Same in New England. Same in the western Med. Etc etc etc.

Considering that the French sail their centerboarders around the world, I don't see that the objection 'a centerboarder can't be seaworthy' is really all that valid. Of course, the French are crazy too.

FB- Doug

#56 Bulbhunter

Bulbhunter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,217 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

Gently used French charter catamaran in the Caribbean. PDQ36 is too small (mostly for payload & only 3 cabin reasons). PDQ 44 (Antares 44) is way too costly. No way you'll get a used one <200K. Forget nice long overhangs. You need a cargo carrier and that means long overhangs that look pretty don't do too much for you.

Cruising friends with 3 kids and full time liveaboard cruising the world:
Stephens 47
Beneteau F38 (really a 40' boat)
Kelly Peterson 46
Grand Soleil 39 (just 1 year cruise)

2 kids: lots of boats but randomly
Lagoon 42 cat
St Francis 44 cat
Cal 35
Tartan 41, etc etc etc. 2 kids is way more manageable in terms of requirements for cabins & berths.

I can't think of any boats with 4 kids cruising that I know personally.

4 kids is a lot and a handful while cruising. I always suggest 4 years old is a good MIN age to have kids start full time cruising. Toddlers are a pain because they try to kill themselves too easily. However if you're living at a dock no lower age limit. So if you have 4 kids with youngest around age 4, then the oldest one will be maybe 9 or 10? Depending on your resilience of course. When they hit puberty many kids get a little less interested in cruising from our observations. So you may have a narrowish window of say 5 years when the youngest is old enough and oldest isn't griping...

And really 4 kids? Might I suggest a nice flat screen instead to keep you and your hypothetical husband occupied... at least that's what friends with 4 kids always say to us - they should have got a TV and cable.

I have two - good friends just had their third - the game changes big time when your out numbered which starts at the 3rd child by the way. LOL
As for dogs - our first child the doberman is pushing 14+ and not slowing down much except on cold days he's a bit stiff and takes a few moments before tackling the stairs.

If you have grand parents and other family - its always very nice especially when you have kids to have a place for them to crash out when they visit. Which case our 2500sqft house with 4bedrooms up stairs full office/bedroom down stairs and three full bathrooms is very comfy and doesn't require bottom jobs every couple of years. The down side is mowing the lawn every week or two 12minute job.

#57 Bulbhunter

Bulbhunter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,217 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

The Cabin layout I really like for family ie two parents and two kids are the 40footers that have a small bunk room usually port side just forward of the main cabin. Then of course a proper aft cabin for the parents. This leaves the vbunk space open for stowage or duel stowage / guests - or giving the kids and their guests the run of the front end. I suspect the number 4 was not 4 kids but 4 people total?

4 kids will have you setting up racing bunk pipe cots stacked some place so you can stuff all the kids into a small space ha ha.

#58 Estar

Estar

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,417 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

To be totally clear again: I'm not married or engaged!

Wow, pregnant with quadruplets and not yet married or even engaged! Very bold! Better at least find the guy's name out ! :)

We had friends who had two young kids on a cal 24, and when they had their third kid moved up to 33'. Both with a decent amount of custom interior work to build kid sized bunks and spaces.

Privacy is going to be more state of mind that a function of actual space with 6 on board any boat you can get under $200k. One key seems to be to be sure to have watercraft for the kids (As appropriate for different ages), so they can get off at least somewhat on their own when you are at anchor.

As to specific boats . . . honestly I don't think it matters very much. Get something strong and cheap, and save money for the cruising. It's nice that you want to have decent sailing performance, but practically speaking you are probably going to be carrying so much crap around it's not going to be a sparkling performer no matter what you get.

I would strongly suggest something with not much exterior teak . . . you are already going to have enough work looking after the kids and the guy and not want to have to look after teak also.

#59 Albatros

Albatros

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,690 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

I'll let you in on a little secret, but promise not to tell, O senor Perry.... grey and/or black water tanks ... better sit back now and sip a cold one or something even more spirituous after such an epiphanic revelation B)

talking of which, my black water tank has been once literally black, went into one of those nice and quirky english channel marina's, was assigned a place next to the wall, at night had to take a piss -the literal type-, started pumping afterwards and ho hum ... fuck this, forgot I was sitting in oozing gloopy black mud by now :wacko:

#60 kimbottles

kimbottles

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts
  • Interests:SWMBO

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

Two kids is a really nice number because then they don't outnumber the parents.

#61 Jose Carumba

Jose Carumba

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

Two kids is a really nice number because then they don't outnumber the parents.

+1

#62 blackjenner

blackjenner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

Courtney's choice of the number of offspring to have is none of my business. I will say that my parents had four children; three boys and one girl. My mom was, to put it mildly, stressed quite a lot of the time dragging us around. While she was wrangling one or two, the other two could cause, well, problems. It's no wonder the three boys ended up on leashes (safety harnesses) when we could really get around.

I had two children. That was a good number for us.

#63 Soņadora

Soņadora

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,777 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

I think it depends on the distribution. If you have all girls, the PARENT is outnumbered.

#64 Speng

Speng

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,157 posts
  • Interests:stuff with sails

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

If a 40ft mono would suit then a 37ft cat would be better. just my $0.02. The Caribbean is lousy with them. Unless you find the mythical superyacht for $199K anything you can find is going to be at best more like a 1000 sq ft 2 br apt than your typical 4bed/3.5 bath american home so spend some time looking at boats to calibrate your expectations.

You're more likely to find one of those than some decent dude who wants to put 4 buns in your oven. I'm mid 30s, unmarried and childless and there's no way I'm having more than 3 unless the 3rd pregnancy is a multiple. Once I hit 2 or 3 it's time for the 15 minute appointment. Maybe I'm off in left field and there are more fuller quiverer types out there...

Oh and no teak on my boat I ain't varnishing that shit. Max wood on my boat is what you find on these newer Beneteaus etc.

#65 Jose Carumba

Jose Carumba

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

We have one of each and it worked out nicely.

#66 blackjenner

blackjenner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

Courtney's choice of the number of offspring to have is none of my business. I will say that my parents had four children; three boys and one girl. My mom was, to put it mildly, stressed quite a lot of the time dragging us around. While she was wrangling one or two, the other two could cause, well, problems. It's no wonder the three boys ended up on leashes (safety harnesses) when we could really get around.

I had two children. That was a good number for us.

Two girls.

I survived. :)

#67 SailAR

SailAR

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

remember:

one kid: tag team - always a fresh defensive player on the bench
two kids: man-on-man defense - tiring, but possible
three kids: zone defense - you can't stop them, you can only hope to contain them
4 or more: penalty killing - bad things will happen, just minimize the damage
If you get to six-plus, you have to enlist the older ones to defend the younger one. Bringing in mercenaries can be really dangerous, but there isn't a lot of choice.

#68 Bulbhunter

Bulbhunter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,217 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

If a 40ft mono would suit then a 37ft cat would be better. just my $0.02. The Caribbean is lousy with them. Unless you find the mythical superyacht for $199K anything you can find is going to be at best more like a 1000 sq ft 2 br apt than your typical 4bed/3.5 bath american home so spend some time looking at boats to calibrate your expectations.

You're more likely to find one of those than some decent dude who wants to put 4 buns in your oven. I'm mid 30s, unmarried and childless and there's no way I'm having more than 3 unless the 3rd pregnancy is a multiple. Once I hit 2 or 3 it's time for the 15 minute appointment. Maybe I'm off in left field and there are more fuller quiverer types out there...

Oh and no teak on my boat I ain't varnishing that shit. Max wood on my boat is what you find on these newer Beneteaus etc.

She is originally from Fresno CA so large family might be the norm for her. Move closer to the coast and you won't find very many guys or gals interested in more than two kids unless they make a pile of money and don't see it impacting their ability to go do fun things and retire at a reasonable age.

One of each for me - lucky as freaking hell!!! Not going to test my luck with a 3rd try. Besides every time the wife mentions a 3rd all I need to ask is "How old will we be when the 3rd is learning how to drive a car?" She looks at me and says Oh right - that is not going to work. HA HA

#69 kdh

kdh

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

Where's the romance, man. What happened to "for the right girl I'll go to the ends of the earth?"

My guess is that guys that like teak would.

#70 Tucky

Tucky

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:39 PM

remember:

three kids: zone defense - you can't stop them, you can only hope to contain them
If you get to six-plus, you have to enlist the older ones to defend the younger one. Bringing in mercenaries can be really dangerous, but there isn't a lot of choice.

I'm fourth of five (pretty much raised feral- my folks concentrated on the first two and let the bottom three go). Had one. She has one and another on the way.

Takes all kinds. The man that lands Courtney will be lucky, I figure from what I've read.

#71 kdh

kdh

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

Where's the romance, man. What happened to "for the right girl I'll go to the ends of the earth?"

Realized this was my 2000th post. Been nice getting to know you guys.

#72 Ishmael

Ishmael

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,286 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

Takes all kinds. The man that lands Courtney will be lucky whipped, I figure from what I've read.

Fixed.

#73 Courtney K

Courtney K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:53 AM

Well then I'll be sure to take you out of the running. Lucky you, it was really a close race. A photo finish, I'd say. Phew!!!

I have no idea how many kids I will or won't have. I'm 28 now, so four is doable, and how many kids I launch is between me and the dude who takes me on. My experience with larger families where two parents are actually present and take an active role in the raising of their kids--the more the merrier, the more people the more love. I have just one sister, three years younger, and we couldn't be less alike. Bigger families with children closer in age are generally happier, especially when the kids have two happy parents. I'm holding out hope for the above. Frankly, one of the reasons for posing this question of what kind of boat to have with four children, is to escape this horrible/wrong idea that more than two children is a curse for a parent. Already this hypothetical/for fun thread is taking on posts advising I not have more than two... :mellow:

Regardless of family size, I'll pass on a flat screen and cable.

remember:

another
I'm fourth of five (pretty much raised feral- my folks concentrated on the first two and let the bottom three go). Had one. She has one and on the way.

Takes all kinds. The man that lands Courtney will be lucky, I figure from what I've read.

Thanks, Tucky! I think he has his work cut out for him. I've lived alone a long time, so I'll certainly appreciate his presence in my life, whenever it happens. He won't be taken for granted, that's for sure.

It's a 40 footer and it's expandable................maybe?

Pat Posted Image

Adorable! How freaking cute is that!!!

#74 Courtney K

Courtney K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:01 AM

Takes all kinds. The man that lands Courtney will be lucky whipped, I figure from what I've read.

Fixed.

Hmmm... a girl who loves sailing and being outdoors, who would rather get a boat toy than fashion boots or diamonds, and (with four [hypothetical] kids) obviously doesn't mind having some fun in the aft cabin... Right, "whipped."

Ish, you obviously haven't seen the way I flip my hair ;)

#75 Estar

Estar

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,417 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:08 AM

Adorable! How freaking cute is that!!!

I know you asked about boats rather than men . . . but have you met Ajax around here yet . . . you both share the same genuine sense of enthusiasm.

#76 Dale dug a hole

Dale dug a hole

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts
  • Interests:Digging holes

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:26 AM

OK, about the number of kids. You've gotta be on land some times, do you really want a Mini Van :blink:

#77 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,961 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:32 AM

Ajax is the father?

Soon we'll have little Ajax, Bjax and Cjax all playing around on the boat.

#78 Tom Ray

Tom Ray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,728 posts
  • Interests:~~/)/)~~

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:03 AM

Be careful....these guys will have you married with kids. I am surprised they have not started a thread yet to marry you off. Those Cruising Anarchy folks....bunch of mother hens!

That didn't quite take 24 hours.

I know you asked about boats rather than men . . . but have you met Ajax around here yet . . . you both share the same genuine sense of enthusiasm.

#79 Courtney K

Courtney K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:28 AM

OK, about the number of kids. You've gotta be on land some times, do you really want a Mini Van :blink:

No, I don't. Since we're dreaming and pretending here, let's say I'll have a Range Rover. If I had to have a mini van for the utility and the safety of my brood, I'd have to paint it ala the P-51s in WW2.

Posted Image

#80 Ishmael

Ishmael

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,286 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:57 AM

Fixed.

Hmmm... a girl who loves sailing and being outdoors, who would rather get a boat toy than fashion boots or diamonds, and (with four [hypothetical] kids) obviously doesn't mind having some fun in the aft cabin... Right, "whipped."

Ish, you obviously haven't seen the way I flip my hair ;)

I didn't say that was a bad thing.

#81 Soņadora

Soņadora

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,777 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:48 AM

When we finally went kicking and screaming into mini-van-dom (Caravan), the clouds parted and angels sang.

10 years and 3 or 4 road trips coast-to-coast later, it still runs like a champ. Folks who eschew mini vans also like to wear pants that are too tight and keep their belts cinched one whole too many.

#82 islandplanet

islandplanet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:58 AM

^ I like the Ovani's super cool boats with some amazing ability such as beaching etc. The only thing that worries me is their stability index with what is more or less a light weight center board. Retired with lots of time to choose and pick my weather windows the Ovani idea would be very interesting but I wouldn't be all that keen on getting caught in really bad conditions with one due to the whole missing keel / stability issue.

They're a lot more capable than you would imagine. I know a few owners.

#83 islandplanet

islandplanet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:59 AM

Here ya go Courtney - http://www.jordanyac...m/archives/3070

Food for thought.

#84 Anomaly2

Anomaly2

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Interests:sailing, building small boats...

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

Gosh, only 12.5 more years of liveaboard fun with Scout left?... Good thing she can't read. Here she is enjoying her bunk, or maybe what she is really enjoying is the fact that I'm burning the Dickinson oven now that the morning temps are in the low 30s (F). A 33'er does fine for the two of us....

Attached Files

#85 boomer

boomer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,197 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

Realized this was my 2000th post. Been nice getting to know you guys.

Time flies when your having fun!

#86 boomer

boomer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,197 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

Gosh, only 12.5 more years of liveaboard fun with Scout left?... Good thing she can't read. Here she is enjoying her bunk, or maybe what she is really enjoying is the fact that I'm burning the Dickinson oven now that the morning temps are in the low 30s (F). A 33'er does fine for the two of us....

You live aboard? Neat!

#87 Steam Flyer

Steam Flyer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:00 AM

No, I don't. Since we're dreaming and pretending here, let's say I'll have a Range Rover. If I had to have a mini van for the utility and the safety of my brood, I'd have to paint it ala the P-51s in WW2.

Posted Image

That'd be cool
But it would be cooler to have kills stamped along the side... pedestrians, bicycles.... golf carts!

FB- Doug

#88 kdh

kdh

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

I still think with a bit of an attitude adjustment on Speng's part he and Courtney could be magic together. There is the distance, Cincinnati and the PNW. Maybe the WLYDO can help them decide where to live.

The kids are Ajax's, but Speng should be fine with that.

#89 Para Bellum

Para Bellum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:boats, aviation, motorcycles, shooting, hunting, fishing, playing outside

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

Courtney K thanks for giving us single guys hope to find a nice catch!!! Ever come up to Vancouver Island? ;)

#90 boomer

boomer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,197 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

I still think with a bit of an attitude adjustment on Speng's part he and Courtney could be magic together. There is the distance, Cincinnati and the PNW. Maybe the WLYDO can help them decide where to live.

The kids are Ajax's, but Speng should be fine with that.

Matchmaker :wub:

#91 Paps

Paps

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:16 AM

I quite like the modernist interior in the blue alloy boat. What do you reccon is in the box seat in the shower??

#92 Dale dug a hole

Dale dug a hole

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts
  • Interests:Digging holes

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

I quite like the modernist interior in the blue alloy boat. What do you reccon is in the box seat in the shower??

I've scrolled up and I've scrolled down.

Pic or a link would make it easier.

But if i have to guess its...

Posted Image

I've gotta start getting ready for Christmas

#93 boomer

boomer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,197 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

http://www.alubat.com/?lang=en

#94 Mogle

Mogle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Shorthanded Sailing
    Offshore racing
    RORC
    Long distance Cruising

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

http://www.alubat.com/?lang=en

Not my taste. But it is a very good pick for posters requirement.

#95 Speng

Speng

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,157 posts
  • Interests:stuff with sails

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

See that's the problem in this country we can't negotiate... I say 2 or 3 in response to her 4 and it's a no deal. It ain't that far off. What if I get the 40ft cat with the modern interior and no varnishing required and you get the 4th kid?

Having said that I'd need a picture of them baby suckling TITAYS!!

#96 kdh

kdh

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

See that's the problem in this country we can't negotiate... I say 2 or 3 in response to her 4 and it's a no deal. It ain't that far off. What if I get the 40ft cat with the modern interior and no varnishing required and you get the 4th kid?

Having said that I'd need a picture of them baby suckling TITAYS!!

Sounds like Speng's really ramped up the charm here...

#97 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,961 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

kdh:
We do need to encourage him.

#98 Anomaly2

Anomaly2

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Interests:sailing, building small boats...

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

KD, how you doing on the search for the 70's Pontiac wagon for our road trip down to see Tom-I'm-buying-Ray in Fla? Just asking cause I think if we invite Speng AND Courtney along.... well..... you never know what might come of it....

(yes, Boomer, this means you got bumped)

#99 Paps

Paps

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

I've scrolled up and I've scrolled down.

Pic or a link would make it easier.

But if i have to guess its...

Posted Image

I've gotta start getting ready for Christmas

This one.

http://www.yachtworl...T/United-States

#100 boomer

boomer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,197 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

KD, how you doing on the search for the 70's Pontiac wagon for our road trip down to see Tom-I'm-buying-Ray in Fla? Just asking cause I think if we invite Speng AND Courtney along.... well..... you never know what might come of it....

(yes, Boomer, this means you got bumped)

Aw shucks.... :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users