Anyone ever sailed on Arabella out of Newport?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MidPack

MidPack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,406 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

The warden and I are considering a 5-day cruise around New England on the Arabella next summer. We like to sail/race so we're avid sailors, as opposed to cruise ship types (nothing wrong with that). Does the Arabella actually sail, or is the 'sailing window'/schedule so narrow that they end up motoring or motor/sailing more often than not? We'd really rather be on a boat that actually sails as much as possible/most of the time.

http://www.cruiseara...m/default.shtml
Posted Image

#2 CJV

CJV

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

She will probably not cruise next season As she has been sold.

#3 MidPack

MidPack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,406 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

She will probably not cruise next season As she has been sold.

Didn't know that, but I'm not at all surprised. Thanks for the heads up, reduces our vacation options for next year from 4 to 3...

#4 Py26129

Py26129

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, the missus and the kids. Not in that order .......maybe!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

Not sure if the schooners in Maine are on your list but if you want to sail, they should be. we spent a week on the Stephen Taber a few years ago and highly recommend it. The food is outstanding and the sailing even more so. The Taber is engineless and gets pushed around by the yawl boat (dinghy) when there is no wind. As a result, 99% of the trip was under sail. You can help as much or as little as you want in sailing the boat. It was a great trip.

#5 Hike, Bitches!

Hike, Bitches!

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,579 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:18 AM

I have never sailed on her, but I took a nice picture of her rig(s) when she was at the Naptown Boat Show in 2010. This was my phone background image for quite a while.
It is a cell phone pic, so don't expect kimb or boomer or Sons type quality.. :rolleyes:

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users