8 replies to this topic

#1 Heavy Metal

Heavy Metal

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

Im thinking of loading this on an Android (ICS) tablet as a backup/replacement to running Seaclear on the laptop.

Is anyone using it and how do you find it?

Cheers
HM

#2 allen

allen

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:53 AM

It is certainly worth the price but the charts resize the lettering as you zoom is to a size that is always difficult to read regardless of the zoom level. Other than that, it is great. I am using an older version of the app but it is working on ICS and Jelly Bean. They sent me a file that I had to download and install because the version is old but apparently the new version has the same charts and same font issue.

Allen
L-36.com

#3 dan.donegan

dan.donegan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:multi-hulls

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

I have the new version on my Samsung galaxy. The text size still does not change when you zoom but they made the base font size a large enough font to begin with that you can read it more easily than the older version. I can see it okay without my reading glasses. It sucks getting old.

dan

#4 Trov„o

Trov„o

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,093 posts
  • Interests:sailing (pretty obvious, uhmm)preferentially on boats with more than one hull ;D

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

I have the new version on my Samsung galaxy. The text size still does not change when you zoom but they made the base font size a large enough font to begin with that you can read it more easily than the older version. I can see it okay without my reading glasses. It sucks getting old.

dan

dan

agreed. but it is still much better than the alternative. ;)

#5 FASTBOB

FASTBOB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:sailing

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

i have this App on my galaxy 10.1 it works fine but have tried to load it on my google nexus 7" and it will not work . Does anyone know when they will fix it I have been waiting for four months now without much response from NAVTRONICS . ANY SUGGESTIONS

#6 mjf55

mjf55

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

Try MX Mariner. The author is still active in its development: adding features and bug fixes. Fonts scale nicely. Only 7 dollars. Works great on my Nexus 7.

#7 peterchech

peterchech

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

I have navionics on my galaxy smart phone, and my iPad, used it exclusively on a cruise around block and back to nj, can't say enough good about it for $20 it costs. Even gives current and tides info, I love it.

#8 14s forever

14s forever

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

I highly recommend Transas iSailor. It's tons more useable than the Navionics App. I bought both and used iSailor for the whole trip across the South Pacific.

The app is free and maps are between $10 to $40

#9 entropy

entropy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

I have the Navionics app and I love it. Granted, I don't do much heavy duty navigation on my phone, but I will fire it up and toss it in my little bag below. At the end of the day, can watch tracks ala Kattack and I suppose if it got wicked foggy, it could get us home. As much as anything, carrying a country's worth of charts on my phone is very, very cool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users