• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Murphness

Murphness

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Brewing Beer, Drinking Beer, Skiing and other outsidey things

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

http://www1.whdh.com...9XhKpU.facebook

Not sure what to make of this dude. Kind of rooting for him to make it through the winter...It's certainly better then living under a bridge getting shit on by pigeons...

Looks like he's docking the canoe up to the North End and some pretty pricey areas. He looks to be on a Boston Sailing Center mooring unless the Waterboat Marina has some? Apparently the cops, CG and EP were all chasing him around the other day. Guess they let him slide...

Go The Tent Barge!

#2 Ryley

Ryley

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Photography, Sailing, Mountain Biking.. did I mention sailing?

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

I saw his canoe yesterday when I passed over the Washington Street bridge. That canoe is fully loaded.

#3 robalex117

robalex117

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

He is even wearing a PFD. Seems to know what he is doing.

#4 NorCalLaser

NorCalLaser

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

hopefully this story gets a lot of attention so that the people he stole that canoe from see it, and can get it back...

#5 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,153 posts
  • Location:I'm in Sunny..-. Warm..& ..Dry San Diego . and your not :-)
  • Interests:Prime + 1 3/4

COUGARS COUGARS & More COUGARS

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

to deal with that guy

everyone else shall permantly lose the ability to do a few things

and the dude shall move along to someplace else

leaving a trails of ordanances for others to deal with :angry:

#6 MoMP

MoMP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

He won't make it past 1/1 before the Coasties drag him in. The real estate around the public harbor in that area are very high end as you guys know and it won't be tolerated. They'll eventually get him on some trumped up charge after giving him several chances.

I wouldn't be surprised after he's been asked to leave they find him on one of the harbor islands under the national parks authority.

#7 Trendsetter

Trendsetter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

what law would he be breaking if he just threw out an anchor? I am assuming that it is small enough he doesn't need to get it registered. if it is a designated anchorage he doesn't need to have an anchor light. He may have to move from time to time if there is a time limit on how long a person can be anchored in one spot like they have down in florida, so maybe he gets a sea-tow membership and they come tow him to his new home for a month...

However I am also reminded of back in the 90's when I was working in a marina and every morning I would have to go kick the homeless guys out of the abandoned boats. without fail every year at least one crackhead would light a fire inside the boat to stay warm... one problem it was an old dried out wood boat....

So as long as this guy doesnt try to blaze up a fire on the raft he should be pretty good to go

#8 Bump-n-Grind

Bump-n-Grind

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,374 posts
  • Interests:Boats: J35, Chesapeake 20 ,Laser , 47' ChrisCraft Commander, Mainship 34, Volkl P10's 205's, Fischer Big Stix 185's, K2 Recons, K2 Xplorers, Rosi Phantoms, other boats and powder boards to be named later

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

Practicing Anarchist? Waterborn Hobo? we get one of those down here on West River every now and then.. some little pos catalina or oday loaded to the gunwales with god knows what. They anchor out for a while then move on to another creek. Sometimes they'll run a little genset all night and that can get annoying... I dont really give a shit unless they start rummaging through my boats or dock boxes.

#9 jewing

jewing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:If you're on this site, probably not that much different than yours

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

Let's hope he doesn't find the frostbiting RC hut on the other side of the airport in Winthrop!

#10 frostbit

frostbit

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

All the waters near the the BSC are considered non-navigable and if he is anchored there, he may have a good chance at staying for some time.

#11 A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,519 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

I admire his spirit - and as long as he's not doin' anything dangerous or harmful, I'd say let him be, and send him an invite to subscribe here.

#12 MoMP

MoMP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

Let's hope he doesn't find the frostbiting RC hut on the other side of the airport in Winthrop!

Hey! shhhhhhh. We don't need that!

#13 mcsailor0303

mcsailor0303

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Interests:Kiteboarding, Ladies, Beer, and SAILING

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

Why would he stay there in the cold? Paddle your ass down the ICW and hang out in the Keys man!

#14 Shaggy

Shaggy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts
  • Interests:This is SA, you figure it out.......

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

No different than Weedo actually. Plus he has a life jacket....

Go the SMITH!!!!!

#15 jesposito

jesposito

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,670 posts
  • Interests:cycling, skiing and depressing the competition on the race course

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

That's not a tent barge and that's not Boston Harbor,his name is not Michael Smith, that is No6 aka JT, that's his house in the creek of New Rochelle NY :D

#16 Hobie Dog

Hobie Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

Why would he stay there in the cold? Paddle your ass down the ICW and hang out in the Keys man!

I am thinking the same thing! Good on this guy but Boston Harbor is going to be ridiculously cold in the winter time!!!

#17 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,153 posts
  • Location:I'm in Sunny..-. Warm..& ..Dry San Diego . and your not :-)
  • Interests:Prime + 1 3/4

COUGARS COUGARS & More COUGARS

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

I am thinking the same thing! Good on this guy but Boston Harbor is going to be ridiculously cold in the winter time!!!

soon he'll have an Igloo Barge

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

He'll keep just fine

till he begins to thaw come late spring

Now he could be waiting for the AC-45's to come to town

so he can cut one loose and Salvage it for $500,000.00 of his time in the weeeee hours of darkness

You Gutta be first to grab it and no one haz a better chance than a tweaker up all night "Just Incase"

#18 Kaptainkriz

Kaptainkriz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, duh!
    Tanzer 25 #28, Akoni
    Capri 30 #11, Rock Lobster (sold)
    http://www.tqci.net/~jkriz/Tanzer25.html

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

http://news.yahoo.co...-072630143.html

"It's about as safe as I could be," said Smith, who's also camped on at least one inner harbor island. "Anybody who would want to hurt me or take my things, they have to have a boat. And boat people stick together."

:blink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users