7 replies to this topic

#1 Vincent DePillis

Vincent DePillis

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

Googled "Regatta Insurance", hard to tell from results who is good, and competitiive in terms of rates. Any recommendations?

Vince.

#2 Soley

Soley

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:Take a guess. It ain't too hard.....

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

Gowrie Insurance is the best I have found.

I have their one design policy that covers me for regattas but the do offer individual regatta insurance.

#3 Glenn McCarthy

Glenn McCarthy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

Regatta Liability Insurance was invented by the Signal Program 35 years ago when a club was sued for a fatality on their sailboat race course, and they found out that they, and all other clubs in the U.S. did not have coverage for such an event. We have the longest track record, handled more claims (even some of the highly publicized ones of this past year), and do it at the lowest premium (20% less than the competition). Our insurers are well known, Travelers and Liberty Mutual who both have extensive marine insurance track records and are very easy to deal with. http://www.thedavida...ignal/index.htm

And don't bust my chops saying I should buy an ad, I'm just answering the question. Also we keep our premiums low to help out clubs and racers by not spending our money ads and sponsorship programs, like others do.

#4 norfolker

norfolker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:duh

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

Thanks Glenn, for speaking out. I was going to promote your product, but you beat me to it.

Our local Hobie Fleet (32, Va Beach) has been using the Signal Insurance program for many years--it is exactly what we needed and priced very well. We have shopped around over the years when new programs are introduced, but have always stuck with the David Agency.

#5 surf nazi

surf nazi

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

Regatta Liability Insurance was invented by the Signal Program 35 years ago when a club was sued for a fatality on their sailboat race course, and they found out that they, and all other clubs in the U.S. did not have coverage for such an event. We have the longest track record, handled more claims (even some of the highly publicized ones of this past year), and do it at the lowest premium (20% less than the competition). Our insurers are well known, Travelers and Liberty Mutual who both have extensive marine insurance track records and are very easy to deal with. http://www.thedavida...ignal/index.htm

And don't bust my chops saying I should buy an ad, I'm just answering the question. Also we keep our premiums low to help out clubs and racers by not spending our money ads and sponsorship programs, like others do.

+ 1.

This agency is very good and i have used them over the years. I had a hurricane claim for my starboat which they handled quickly and fairly.

#6 Raked aft \\

Raked aft \\

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

In the biz as well,

Basically any carrier that writes marinas, boat clubs, yacht clubs should be able to add regatta liability to your exsisting policy for a surprisingly low premium. If not, you should not be writing your entitiy with them in the first place.

#7 DriverEd

DriverEd

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

I would recommend regatta, they covered borrowed boat, post race social and the actual race.

#8 saltyokie

saltyokie

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:racing CAtalina 38 in CHRF fleet - SBYC

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:33 AM

I are an underwriter. Some yacht clubs think they can put a waiver in the entry form, refer to RRS Rule 4 and avoid all exposure. I disagree.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users