no connection, refreshing to see a boat on the water before a rendered image

#2 Christian

Christian

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,395 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:21 AM

wholy s... that thing is overweight and underpowered - and it is clear from the pics that it digs quite the hole in the ocean. I am not actually sure it actually sure it doesn't belong in the sportboat anarchy SA/D upwind @26 and downwind @63 - no dice)

#3 dogwatch

dogwatch

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,842 posts
  • Interests:Racing in all forms.

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

Looks competitive with the Corby 25 as a small IRC racer/cruiser at €69K ex-sails. http://blog.boats.co...er-from-france/

While I take a broad-church definition of "sportsboat" I'd struggle to call it that.

#4 NutCase27

NutCase27

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

wholy s... that thing is overweight and underpowered - and it is clear from the pics that it digs quite the hole in the ocean. I am not actually sure it actually sure it doesn't belong in the sportboat anarchy SA/D upwind @26 and downwind @63 - no dice)

we use SA/D upwind + SA/D downwind >= 105 as our definition of sportboat

#5 NutCase27

NutCase27

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

Wow! I had seen the A27 brochure online and liked the concept. Only now did I note the displacement - very heavy for a 27 foot boat! Our J/27 has a displacement nearly 1000 lbs lighter and was designed a long time ago when there were not the same technologies available that there are today

Like the idea of this boat though. MAke it 1500 lbs lighter and then we can talk - but keep the interior and the inboard - I like those!

#6 Christian

Christian

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,395 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

we use SA/D upwind + SA/D downwind >= 105 as our definition of sportboat

My general cutoff is 35+ up and 100+ down as well as disp/length well under a hundred

This one is a total porker..........

#7 K9u20

K9u20

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

I like the looks of the boat, the aft hull flare, windows, cockpit layout, wide side decks and cockpit line console, but you are right about the displacement. I would have expected a number closer to 3200 lbs

#8 Christian

Christian

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,395 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:31 AM

I like the looks of the boat, the aft hull flare, windows, cockpit layout, wide side decks and cockpit line console, but you are right about the displacement. I would have expected a number closer to 3200 lbs

Actually - to be an exciting sportboat it should get down closer to 2000 lb and more than half in the bulb - and get a bigger kite

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users