6 replies to this topic

#1 gusmus

gusmus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

Far too long coming, we are finally changing the SA platform to something better. While the essential look of SA remains for now, the functionality greatly improves. Social networking, sharing, search, load time and usability will be greatly improved. It should be much easier to use on iPads, and we'll have a specific Pad version coming on line as well.

Our classified section, now sponsored by Do It Yourself Yacht Brokers, will be 100% automated! No more lengthy delays (!), it will be much easier to use for buyers and sellers. Our store goes back on-line next week, with a brand new designed SA shirt that we know you'll dig. We'll be adding new items as we go along...

So that's what's going on - new logo, new platform, tablet applications, improved classifieds, and swag! Combined with the forums upgrade, we think that we will have a much better product for you. As always, thanks for hanging with us with our prehistoric tech - we hope to have most of the new stuff up in the next couple of days. And also as always, well mostly, we want your feedback, which we know we'll get, whether we like it or not!

12/08/12
I've got to admit. The T-shirt really does it for me. Not so sure about the changes though. looks too much like a CLEAN sweep coming on and an FT10 heading out over the horizon with a brand new set of 3DL,s..

Sorry bout the shading... can't get rid of it for some reason. Maybe it's the new improved version.

#2 Deed

Deed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

Hey, is it just me, or is the font now used on the mythical front page really hard to read? Couldn't we just stick to a simple Arial / Verdana or something that is easier to read?

Schmanks!

#3 Dawg Gonit

Dawg Gonit

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,064 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:20 AM

Hey, is it just me, or is the font now used on the mythical front page really hard to read? Couldn't we just stick to a simple Arial / Verdana or something that is easier to read?

Schmanks!

I've actually been asked for my opinion on it and that is exactly what I said. Too generic and very blog looking. Kind of funny because it looks a lot like SB. :o

#4 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,150 posts
  • Location:I'm in Sunny..-. Warm..& ..Dry San Diego . and your not :-)
  • Interests:Prime + 1 3/4

COUGARS COUGARS & More COUGARS

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

Dawg said SB :o :o :o

With the mythical Ft Page being 24" wide on a 60" Samsung LED TV

kinda makes ya hit the back button as the first + last reaction :blink:

Guess the Ft Page is going for the Kidz 4 viewz B)

#5 Dawg Gonit

Dawg Gonit

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,064 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

Woody, hold the CTRL and hit the +/= key. The Browser should grow the Web page to your liking.

As my eyes grow old with the rest of me,do this frequently to many webpages even with my glasses on.

#6 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,150 posts
  • Location:I'm in Sunny..-. Warm..& ..Dry San Diego . and your not :-)
  • Interests:Prime + 1 3/4

COUGARS COUGARS & More COUGARS

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

Woody, hold the CTRL and hit the +/= key. The Browser should grow the Web page to your liking.

As my eyes grow old with the rest of me,do this frequently to many webpages even with my glasses on.

I have used that one often

But the forums are OK w a thin border on each side

the FT page is set to show what you are supposed to be seeing @ 50% of the landscape

is HTML5 the answer ????

OK so how about "Tits" for the FT Page Background ?? ITiT's 50% of the space just waisted now anyway

Pix of the situation in another thread or deleted from this one ???

#7 set321go

set321go

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

I am still seeing problems with the front page loading, it is generally slower than it used to be and most times I load the page it is rendered with the text over/under images and mashed up with the advert across the top of the page. It does fix itself when the page is loaded completely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users