5 replies to this topic

#1 Zac

Zac

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:58 AM

My regular boat isn't doing Transpac this coming summer and I couldn't get enough last time. I can contribute in all areas of the sailing and preparation. I organized an Andrews 70 for the 2011 Transpac and I consider it a very successful trip in many regards, safety, budget, and morale-wise.

I'm 29 years old, 220 lbs, 5'11", good experienced foredeck on all boat sizes and types. Competent helmsman in all conditions and just an all around good hand at anticipating failures, effecting repairs, electrical, electronics, cooking, and keeping the crew upbeat and working hard.

In addition to organizing the racing, I also served as navigator for the 2011 transpac. Though it was my first trip to Hawaii I think I gained a lot of knowledge and skills that could benefit another boat looking to go without such experience onboard or without the budget for a professional navigator. I can bring experience and ideas for cost effective nav station and comms equipment and I can bring a lot of my own stuff to complement.

So if you're looking to have a good race, ensure the i's are dotted and t's crossed, I can definitely help in all areas and enjoy the preparation as much as the race. I'm easy going, a team player, smart, and knowledgeable, but not cocky or egotistical. I'm also interested in other offshore races so very ready to become a part of the team if things work out. References available upon request.

Give me a call and let's chat,

-Zac
773-895-6106

#2 garrett818

garrett818

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

This guy is the real deal. He is a great guy to sail with, and very capable.

#3 Grinder

Grinder

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:07 AM

+1. I've sailed a lot of miles with Zac. He'll be a great addition to any program.

#4 GABA

GABA

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

+1. I've sailed a lot of miles with Zac. He'll be a great addition to any program.

I couldn't agree more. Zac is as solid as they come

#5 Zac

Zac

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:54 AM

Surely there must be someone in need of an extra? If only there was someway to decrease the cost so more boats could compete. Don't think the committee has any plans for that, they raised the sled entry fee $1000 from the 2011 running...

Guess I'll just have to go get a mini!

#6 Kmag

Kmag

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Surfing, Snowboarding

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

Surely there must be someone in need of an extra? If only there was someway to decrease the cost so more boats could compete. Don't think the committee has any plans for that, they raised the sled entry fee $1000 from the 2011 running...

Guess I'll just have to go get a mini!

a $1K difference does not matter to anyone seriously considering a Transpac. If that is the decider then the owner can not afford it.

Yachting is expensive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users