No replies to this topic

#1 cbm

cbm

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:53 AM

Shake-a-Leg Miami is thinking about a fun regatta mid january/early february in Miami for all the sailors pining for some warm water sailing midwinter. We could even do it, the week of the Miami Boat Show, for added things to do.

Format would be something like this:
Day 1, morning - Breakfast/welcome then fun sail on the bay, pick a boat (Freedom 20, Sonar, Hobie Wave), lunch on an island, then racing OD on the fleet of freedom 20's (ok...so not the fastest, but hey, the weather and the water will be warm...). As many races as we can get in in the daylight. Beer and Hotdogs/Burgers etc after.
Day 2, fun sailing on any of our boats, the freedoms/hobie waves/2.4M's or sonars, or SUP/Kayaking for a change. After lunch a "triathlon" SUP to the island, kayak back, grab a boat (any boat!) and race out to Key Biscayne and back. Sunday evening, bbq/beer and prize giving.

Extra days sailing can be added on as required.

I think this would be a real fun weekend, with all proceeds to supported the SALM disabled sailing program. Price about $200-$250p.p all in (boats/SUP/Kayaks, lunches, BBQ etc) Discounted hotel rates at the Marriott Coconut Grove or Ritz Carlton(5 mins walk) can be arranged, so no need for a car. Coconut Grove is full of fun bars and restaurants for the evenings. As I said, we are in the thinking stage, if this sounds like a fun thing your would enjoy with proceeds doings good things for good people, let me know and as it progresses, I'll sent those interested the details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users