• 1,364 posts
  • Interests:Member # 535

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

From todays NY Post.

‘Filthy’ yacht chef rocks boat: gal

• By JAMIE SCHRAM and M.L. NESTEL
  • Last Updated: 12:30 PM, February 28, 2013
  • Posted: 1:54 AM, February 28, 2013
A “dirty” chef is serving up food to members of an exclusive Long Island yacht club — and harassment in the kitchen — an ex-bar manager claims.
Chef Ramon Lourido boasted to Centerport Yacht Club colleagues that he wore no underwear in the kitchen — and to prove it, he pulled down his pants and grabbed his crotch, according to a harassment complaint filed yesterday with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Lourido then continued preparing the food, said the papers filed by prominent lawyers Michael Borrelli and Alexander Coleman on behalf of bar manager Ruth Krais, a 34-year-old single mom, who quit in June.
“It was absolutely disgusting,” she told The Post. “But nothing out of the ordinary . . . He wasn’t shy about it.”
The chef, who’s worked at the club for 14 years, said, “There’s nothing to any of this.”

#2 No.6

No.6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts
  • Interests:Danger

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

Just beware the special sauce Snaggie.

#3 SailRacer

SailRacer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

Classic F.L.I.D. move.

Next stop Coco's - Woo Hoo !!

Sail safe!!

#4 MacGregor_Lover

MacGregor_Lover

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

I just do not understand why he pulled down his pants to prove he was not wearing underwear. All my co-workers just take my word that I am not. I guess my co-workers have trust in me.

#5 RumLine

RumLine

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

Yes, I'll have the...sorry I'm not sure if I'm pronouncing this right....the ummm....cock meat sandwich? Yeah that one.

#6 BlondeWithFreeBoat

BlondeWithFreeBoat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Interests:Things that float

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

Welp, guess i won't be touching the post-frostbiting buffet for the rest of the season. Suppose he washes his hands after exposing himself? :unsure:

#7 Rum Runner

Rum Runner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

Check out the meat in those burgers!

#8 jesposito

jesposito

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,677 posts
  • Interests:cycling, skiing and depressing the competition on the race course

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:14 PM

From todays NY Post.

‘Filthy’ yacht chef rocks boat: gal

• By JAMIE SCHRAM and M.L. NESTEL
  • Last Updated: 12:30 PM, February 28, 2013
  • Posted: 1:54 AM, February 28, 2013
A “dirty” chef is serving up food to members of an exclusive Long Island yacht club — and harassment in the kitchen — an ex-bar manager claims.
Chef Ramon Lourido boasted to Centerport Yacht Club colleagues that he wore no underwear in the kitchen — and to prove it, he pulled down his pants and grabbed his crotch, according to a harassment complaint filed yesterday with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Lourido then continued preparing the food, said the papers filed by prominent lawyers Michael Borrelli and Alexander Coleman on behalf of bar manager Ruth Krais, a 34-year-old single mom, who quit in June.
“It was absolutely disgusting,” she told The Post. “But nothing out of the ordinary . . . He wasn’t shy about it.”
The chef, who’s worked at the club for 14 years, said, “There’s nothing to any of this.”

If he did stir the soup with his cock, I don't see him doing anything wrong.

#9 'moondance44

'moondance44

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,165 posts
  • Location:Dodgy Bit Of Stamford, CT and The Cows, Graveyard of LIS where bluefish get blown off wire leaders

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

That's a Long Island single protein buffet!

#10 No.6

No.6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

I think that may just constitute multiple proteins Cliffie.

#11 Notorious B.I.G

Notorious B.I.G

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

This story sums up that club, they should put the club on a truck with the staff and the members and ship it to the south shore

#12 Punani Jackson

Punani Jackson

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, booze and easy women.

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

This story sums up that club, they should put the club on a truck with the staff and the members and ship it to the south shore

The south shore scum don't want the club or the people. We have standards to uphold.

#13 No.6

No.6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

Yacht clubs on the south shore. Surely you jest.

#14 Footlong

Footlong

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  • Interests:Member # 175

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

Besides the creative cooking, what's the problem with CYC?

#15 sailman

sailman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,796 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

The south shore scum don't want the club or the people. We have standards to uphold.

South Shore and standards should be part of the same sentence. Unless you are referencing low standards, but even the you're insulting those with low standards.

#16 Snaggletooth

Snaggletooth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,620 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

South Shore and standards should notte be part of the same sentence. Unless you are referencing low standards, but even then you're insulting those with low standards.

I thick you weare sayeng thisse.....

#17 Punani Jackson

Punani Jackson

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

South Shore and standards should be part of the same sentence. Unless you are referencing low standards, but even the you're insulting those with low standards.

Of course I was referring to low standards. There's a reason why we're called south shore scum. Look at me, I'm a huge scumbag. You can take the kid out of West Babylon but you can't take West Babylon out of the kid.

#18 sailman

sailman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,796 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

Of course I was referring to low standards. There's a reason why we're called south shore scum. Look at me, I'm a huge scumbag. You can take the kid out of West Babylon but you can't take West Babylon out of the kid.

Could be worse, you could have come from CI

#19 Punani Jackson

Punani Jackson

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

Could be worse, you could have come from CI

You're right. That's a whole different level of scum.

#20 Snaggletooth

Snaggletooth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,620 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

Some readars mabey thickeng Cittey Iland heare.......

#21 islanderboy32

islanderboy32

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

Sorry for the thread Hijack - but it seemed like a chance not to be missed.

$64K question - If new to Long Island, living in Happauge, where can I go to get hooked up with some racing in the spring - grew up sailing PHRF and OD on the Chesapeake. Looking for a casual program, not too crazed, but some skillz.

#22 MacGregor_Lover

MacGregor_Lover

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

$64K question - If new to Long Island, living in Happauge, where can I go to get hooked up with some racing in the spring - grew up sailing PHRF and OD on the Chesapeake. Looking for a casual program, not too crazed, but some skillz.

Step one is move out of Happauge.

You did the reverse of me I moved from LI to Chesapeake you take my old ride I will take yours.

#23 RumLine

RumLine

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

It's a 12 Step Program
  • Buy a comfortable center console with stereo and large cooler for beer
  • Find a program in CT or Westchester that will have you
  • Commute across the sound to sail Wednesdays & Fridays in the summer...or whatever the schedule may be
  • Wake up on a couch in the Junior clubhouse on Saturday morning after too many cocktails
  • Do some real regattas with them in the Summer and Fall
  • Realize it was a mistake to move to Long Island
  • Put your house in Hauppauge on the market
  • Start looking at houses in CT or Westchester
  • Put an offer in on a nice home
  • Sail some regattas in the spring
  • Close on your old home and new home
  • Move the fuck out of Long Island

#24 dopo

dopo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts
  • Interests:Member # 535

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

For

Centerport YC is not far away, Huntington Bay is probably your best bet. Northport YC and Centerport YC have ensigns and J/24 and star boats. and Lloyd Harbor YC runs the local PHRF stuff . Lots of good people and good programs always looking for people.

#25 Kevlar Edge

Kevlar Edge

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

Hey that's West Islip for me nice try, get your crappy south shore towns correct

#26 Punani Jackson

Punani Jackson

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

Hey that's West Islip for me nice try, get your crappy south shore towns correct

At least West Islip is waterfront. The only water in West Babylon is at the sewage treatment plant or behind Wal-Mart.

#27 sailman

sailman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,796 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

At least West Islip is waterfront. The only water in West Babylon is at the sewage treatment plant or behind Wal-Mart.

Sewage Treatment Plant / Great South Bay ..... it could go either way

#28 Punani Jackson

Punani Jackson

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

Sewage Treatment Plant / Great South Bay ..... it could go either way

I got nuthin'. You win.

#29 sailman

sailman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,796 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

Posted Image

#30 Pinch This

Pinch This

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:59 AM

PJ, West Babylon? did you go to school there too?

#31 Punani Jackson

Punani Jackson

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:59 AM

In deed.

#32 'moondance44

'moondance44

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,165 posts
  • Location:Dodgy Bit Of Stamford, CT and The Cows, Graveyard of LIS where bluefish get blown off wire leaders

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

In deed.

Can you really call those things 'schools'?

#33 ssi

ssi

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

Wes I Sleep

#34 Punani Jackson

Punani Jackson

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

Not so much a school but more of a meeting place to figure out where we were going to drink beer, smoke weed, light fires and boost cars once the teachers let us loose.

#35 Snaggletooth

Snaggletooth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,620 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

Not so much a school but more of a meeting place to figure out where we were going to drink beer, smoke weed, light fires and boost cars once the teachers let us loose.

wowe, you our farre from youre flid rootes....

butte joine the xflids an stirre the potte of haterd. :)

#36 Pinch This

Pinch This

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

Behind the bean?

we were going to drink beer, smoke weed

#37 Punani Jackson

Punani Jackson

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

Behind the bean?

Occasionally above the Babylon Bike Shop but more regularly behind Pathmark or in the woods next to Grossman's.

#38 Kevlar Edge

Kevlar Edge

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

Behind the bean?

Occasionally above the Babylon Bike Shop but more regularly behind Pathmark or in the woods next to Grossman's.

the owner of the bike shop just ordered some sails. I think the upstairs is now his zodiac inflatable showroom

#39 Punani Jackson

Punani Jackson

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

Behind the bean?

the owner of the bike shop just ordered some sails. I think the upstairs is now his zodiac inflatable showroom

Nice. I bought a bunch o bikes from him back in the day. What does he sail?

As I thought more about my younger days I realized it wasn't above the bike shop we hung out, it was above the music store that was next door. There was a "studio" above that the owner rented out. We got in for $300 for the whole winter. It had heat, light an padded walls. It probably still smells of weed to this day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users