blackjenner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts
  • Interests:MrsBlack, Brigadoon, freedom

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:17 PM

LOL

The stupid useless coachroof is vertical and ugly. It is too short to do any good. The sheer is all wrong. The hullshape sucks, the rigging is parts from old boats willy nilly prtobably thje whole thing designed around that old T-boom and jib club. Oh and that cockpiut is actually worse than Doug's toiletbowl cockpits on his perverted indian sex machine.

Coffee a little bitter this morning? :rolleyes:

LOL no, just that this is supposed to be the "COOL BOATS"  thread!  Not the piece of floating flotsam thread!  Haha!

I look at it this way. Someone built a boat. It has some interesting direction but the design and execution is flawed -- ugly even. That person is sailing their boat, maybe even smiling as they do so.  That's cool, even in an ugly boat.

#3002 fastyacht

fastyacht

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:30 PM

+1 :-)

#3003 Tom Ray

Tom Ray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,677 posts
  • Interests:~~/)/)~~

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:36 PM

There is what appears to be a small rudder just ahead of the aft bracket on the trailer.

It wouldn't surprise me if that's one of two or even three.

Unlimiteds have one by the prop but the one that drags them into sharp turns is on the port sponson. I guess if they ever planned on turning to starboard, that sponson would have one too.

#3004 Steam Flyer

Steam Flyer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,936 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:46 PM

I dunno, the bow is a little funky...and they hate the thought of staying onboard. I wonder if they wax the deck for extra thrills.

00b0b_dFesVJtvjTR_600x450.jpg

I suspect someone was following the Sliver thread, but wears glasses like Mr. Magoo. Built a smaller replica. It has many of the details right- mostly white with a few wood accents, pointed at each end, classic opening ports. The fact that they are round on the replica and oval on Sliver proves my point . . . . just bad glasses.

Looks like Jay Bedford to me

It got me thinking about an Atkin design named Economy Jane. Pictures of one under construction: http://atkinboatplans.com/Photos/EconomyJane/index.html 

Clearly not the same. The EJ in the pictures is going to have a lot of lovely Atkin shape and detail, but that won't keep it from being a slow boat by any modern standard. Better to go with a Garden Eel.

The white boat looks to be built of some panel material and I wouldn't be surprised if it was aluminum. (The rounded stem doesn't look plywood-like.) Is that a dent in the bow, or just a reflection?

Hmm, didn't think it was aluminum but it might be. That would explain some of the crudeness of shape. It's not a yawl so I didn't think of comparing it to some of the classic canoe yawls (has Albert Strange already been mentioned in this thread?) The canoe yawl concept is a bit old fashioned. I've seen a couple Eels, only ever seen one sailing. It was tippy and cramped. There was an almost-finished one on Craigslist near us a while back.

Your minds eye is certainly better than the eye of whomever built that thing.

Goes to show just how important subtle variations are to the look of a boat.

Thanks, Fasty didn't seem to think so.

FB- Doug

#3005 fastyacht

fastyacht

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:50 PM

I liked Doug's sketch. The original is the boxy thing.

#3006 Rasputin22

Rasputin22

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:55 PM

LOL

The stupid useless coachroof is vertical and ugly. It is too short to do any good. The sheer is all wrong. The hullshape sucks, the rigging is parts from old boats willy nilly prtobably thje whole thing designed around that old T-boom and jib club. Oh and that cockpiut is actually worse than Doug's toiletbowl cockpits on his perverted indian sex machine.

Coffee a little bitter this morning? :rolleyes:

LOL no, just that this is supposed to be the "COOL BOATS"  thread!  Not the piece of floating flotsam thread!  Haha!

I look at it this way. Someone built a boat. It has some interesting direction but the design and execution is flawed -- ugly even. That person is sailing their boat, maybe even smiling as they do so.  That's cool, even in an ugly boat.

There are boats like that. The nice thing is that if you on it sailing, or even just sitting in the anchorage, you don't have to look at it!

#3007 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:51 PM

I'm with Fast on this one. It's not Benford. It's too original.

#3008 Sailbydate

Sailbydate

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,540 posts
  • Interests:Sailing. Classic Yachts. Following what's happening in development classes.

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:35 PM

Ouch!

#3009 Rasputin22

Rasputin22

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:42 PM

And now back to our regularly scheduled topic, Cool Boats!

Bootsbau-Glade-Sieben-Meter-Yacht-aus-Bu

#3010 blackjenner

blackjenner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:45 PM

It's not wood, and it's not elegant, nor is it necessarily beautiful or unique but, it's cool because it's a sailboat, I don't think it's a wreck, and it's cheap.

http://seattle.craig...4582994417.html

14 ft car top jetwind sailboat - $425 (Mercer island)

01010_fadEiV76iJR_600x450.jpg
00V0V_2Z4O39kCZXV_50x50c.jpg00q0q_9joOV1PghU3_50x50c.jpg01010_fadEiV76iJR_50x50c.jpg

condition: excellentsize / dimensions: 14ft

14ft 1976 Sears jetwind sailboat. 
excellent condition, used 5 times at the most been hanging up in my grandfather's garage.
it has all original parts, sail, rudder, tiller, oars, etc etc.

#3011 blackjenner

blackjenner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:51 PM

Wow. what is that, besides beautiful?

#3012 QBF

QBF

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:My Dog, writing my dog's blog, and sailing.

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:10 PM

Here is a machine translation, as well as two links I found on this boat:

Drensteinfurt - boat Builder Mario Glade has built a seven-metre-long and 830-pound sailing yacht in his workshop in Büren. The prototype will be presented today to 30 September on the \"inter\"boat show in Friedrichshafen. Series production is planned. In the spring, the first sailors could test the boat.

Perfectionists, lovers and athletes - for all types of sailing fans is the new TS-23 yacht from the home of the \"shipbuilding\" Mario Glade a catcher. The new piece of jewelry that is issued from 22 to 30 September on the \"inter\"boat show in Friedrichshafen is seven meters long and 830 pounds.

In cooperation with Tobias Stüppardt from the company \"TS-Yacht GbR\", developed and built the first model, which he now presented to the public. \"We hope that we can sell the first copy to the boat show,\" Mario Glade wishes.

http://www.wn.de/Mue...acht-aus-Bueren

http://ts-yacht.de

Photo page from the builder

http://ts-yacht.de/t...m/slides/7.html

#3013 olaf hart

olaf hart

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:13 PM

The hull shape reminds me of one of these things

http://www.benford.u...ex.html?dories/

#3014 MauiPunter

MauiPunter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Interests:sailing, surfing, windsurfing, scuba diving, soccer, and poker.

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:14 PM

My parents first boat was similar to this that was purchased out of the Sears Catalog in the 70s called the "Surfwind".  It had a lateen rig like a sunfish, but was snub nosed like a scow.   This is also the boat I learned on as a child.

Found this online:  229.jpg

#3015 Tom Ray

Tom Ray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,677 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:16 PM

It's not wood, and it's not elegant, nor is it necessarily beautiful or unique but, it's cool because it's a sailboat, I don't think it's a wreck, and it's cheap.

http://seattle.craig...4582994417.html

14 ft car top jetwind sailboat - $425 (Mercer island)

01010_fadEiV76iJR_600x450.jpg
00V0V_2Z4O39kCZXV_50x50c.jpg00q0q_9joOV1PghU3_50x50c.jpg01010_fadEiV76iJR_50x50c.jpg

condition: excellentsize / dimensions: 14ft

14ft 1976 Sears jetwind sailboat. 
excellent condition, used 5 times at the most been hanging up in my grandfather's garage.
it has all original parts, sail, rudder, tiller, oars, etc etc.

I can think of a couple of C words for it.

Campy.

Collectible.

But not really cool.

#3016 fastyacht

fastyacht

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:43 PM

While we're on double enders. After Sliver, (before sliver) here is the greatest of them all:

1093616_1.jpg

#3017 Trickypig

Trickypig

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:06 PM

/\/\/\  Beautiful!

…. a Swedish `D' Class below

Attached Files

#3018 Sailbydate

Sailbydate

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,540 posts
  • Interests:Sailing. Classic Yachts. Following what's happening in development classes.

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:33 PM

While we're on double enders. After Sliver, (before sliver) here is the greatest of them all:

1093616_1.jpg

Nah. OK, if you want to sail on a bean pod, I guess.

/\/\/\  Beautiful!

Nice.

#3019 SloopJonB

SloopJonB

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
  • Interests:Daysailing, local cruising and working on them.

Posted Yesterday, 12:26 AM

Wow - welcome back!

#3020 Tom Ray

Tom Ray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,677 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:43 AM

Drensteinfurt - boat Builder Mario Glade has built a seven-metre-long and 830-pound sailing yacht in his workshop in Büren. The prototype will be presented today to 30 September on the \"inter\"boat show in Friedrichshafen. Series production is planned. In the spring, the first sailors could test the boat.
Perfectionists, lovers and athletes - for all types of sailing fans is the new TS-23 yacht from the home of the \"shipbuilding\" Mario Glade a catcher. The new piece of jewelry that is issued from 22 to 30 September on the \"inter\"boat show in Friedrichshafen is seven meters long and 830 pounds.
In cooperation with Tobias Stüppardt from the company \"TS-Yacht GbR\", developed and built the first model, which he now presented to the public. \"We hope that we can sell the first copy to the boat show,\" Mario Glade wishes.http://www.wn.de/Mue...acht-aus-Buerenhttp://ts-yacht.de

I was wondering why the tall cabin on such a powered up boat, then I got to the pic with a mountain of spinnaker in the hole. Turns out it has to be that tall or they'd have a pile of sail sticking out the top.

#3021 Trickypig

Trickypig

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:07 AM

1093616_1.jpg

>/\/\/\  Beautiful!

Nice.

Well you do live in the windiest city in the world. Perhaps not so suitable for Wellington's wind and waves. ;)

#3022 Sailbydate

Sailbydate

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,540 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:34 AM

1093616_1.jpg

>/\/\/\  Beautiful!

…. a Swedish `D' Class

below

Nice.

Well you do live in the windiest city in the world. Perhaps not so suitable for Wellington's wind and waves. ;)

Considering in that pic they're flogging that tiny excuse for a mains'l and there's hardly a whitecap in sight, I think you may be right.  :)

#3023 Tom Ray

Tom Ray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,677 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:23 AM

That boat looks like the beginning of a sweet trimaran. Give it some training wheels and a big, square-top rig.

#3024 European Bloke

European Bloke

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:48 AM

In cooperation with Tobias Stüppardt from the company \"TS-Yacht GbR\", developed and built the first model, which he now presented to the public. \"We hope that we can sell the first copy to the boat show,\" Mario Glade wishes.http://www.wn.de/Mue...acht-aus-Buerenhttp://ts-yacht.de

I was wondering why the tall cabin on such a powered up boat, then I got to the pic with a mountain of spinnaker in the hole. Turns out it has to be that tall or they'd have a pile of sail sticking out the top.

That's cool, but it's lost, this is cruising anarchy.

They trap off the damn thing too, see here.

http://ts-yacht.de/t...m/slides/5.html

Crazy hermans.

#3025 rantifarian

rantifarian

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:34 AM

If it had a lifting keel it would look like one of the many kiwi backyard built trailer sailers, although they rarely achieve any other than a 'functional' type of beauty. Still, looks like it would be fun, although a lidless anchor locker seems a bit pointless if there is no roller or cleating hardware on the bow

#3026 Chasm

Chasm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:46 AM

If it had a lifting keel [...]

Looking through the datasheet it has one, 0.45 - 1.6 meter draft.

Without VAT, $75k ex boatyard. Trailer not included. Deleting stuff like teak and mahogany, the tarps, Dynema stays, carbon rig, Dracon instead of laminate sails drops the price down to $45k. 

#3027 QBF

QBF

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:My Dog, writing my dog's blog, and sailing.

Posted Yesterday, 11:53 AM

Like this pic?

Attached Files

#3028 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:59 PM

What is that white DE, a giant 110? Never seen that before. I'm intrigued.

#3029 WarBird

WarBird

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,091 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:01 PM

210 ?

#3030 SemiSalt

SemiSalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,488 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:28 PM

210 ?

The 210 does not have plumb ends. 

Hunt Associates does have a 43' modernization of one of the bigger variants.

custom-43-01-photo01.jpg

http://www.huntdesig...ustom-43-01.htm

#3031 SemiSalt

SemiSalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,488 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:30 PM

Google image search found the picture in a defunct Yachtworld listing, which says a lot more about the internet than about the boat.

#3032 Grey Dawn

Grey Dawn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Spouse, Sailing, Science, Skiing, Snorkeling, Scuba, Swirl, Sniff, Sip, Swallow, Savor

Posted Yesterday, 05:49 PM

Here's an international 210.picinternational210101a.jpg

#3033 SloopJonB

SloopJonB

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
  • Interests:Daysailing, local cruising and working on them.

Posted Yesterday, 06:04 PM

Boy, one of those about 65' long would be quite something. ;)

#3034 kimbottles

kimbottles

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,563 posts
  • Interests:SWMBO

Posted Yesterday, 06:28 PM

Boy, one of those about 65' long would be quite something. ;)

How about 62'?

#3035 eliboat

eliboat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:43 PM

That's a 225 Bob.  Actually the precursor to the 110, but identical except just scaled larger.  The 210, while a nice boat, doesn't share the canoe body of the 110, and doesn't share the same speed potential.  The 225 in that picture used to be at the Museum of Yachting in Newport and was for sale years ago.  A friend of mine and I almost bought it... but it never came to pass.  The rig shown is a j24 rig, which I guess is approximately right, but not as designed obviously.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users