#1 atefooterz

atefooterz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts
  • Interests:many

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

In a perfect world i would build a C Class & rig it with reefable softwing system.
During being able to sail the critter, work on a centre hull would be built.

Multi can now , by changing out cross structure & rig, become a cute 25foot tri.

Any kit plans, moulds jigs around ?

#2 amro

amro

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

maybe snaggs can translate this for us.

#3 atefooterz

atefooterz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:18 AM

Hee He waay too much sugar hit (chockie eggs) & rum !

Looking at building a tri & figured that with 2 rigs & tramp/support structures and centre hull, i may as well build 2 multis in one diverse package with inshore offshore possibilities.

#4 Cakewalk

Cakewalk

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Anything that flys

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

I bought this 34' Gougeon/Gardiner trimaran and dreamed of building a wingmast and foils, she is 26' wide and 2000 lbs, Is it feasible? ttp://s663.photobucket.com/albums/uu358/multihuller/?start=20#!cpZZ3QQtppZZ24

#5 gregj1

gregj1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:32 AM

I bought this 34' Gougeon/Gardiner trimaran and dreamed of building a wingmast and foils, she is 26' wide and 2000 lbs, Is it feasible? ttp://s663.photobucket.com/albums/uu358/multihuller/?start=20#!cpZZ3QQtppZZ24

that is one cool ride. the wing shouldn't be an issue (you know, ignoring money, time, engineering effort, little things like that) the foiling deal - seems like the cases would need to have been designed for the loads that would introduced.

#6 atefooterz

atefooterz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:30 AM

Great looking Tri, maybe check out soft wing systems? http://www.scoop.it/t/soft-wing-sails

Stackable and reefable wing!

Greg Johnston's insight:
This image shows the AWS Wing stacked on the boom. The "sails" can be easily rolled up an carried by one person. The two membranes are able to be separated so that they can be maintained, repaired, etc. The battens can be individually removed from each sail if repair or replacement is required. The wing can be slab reefed with the loose sail being drawn up into the gap between the two sails

The foiling area is a whole different can of worms!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users