380 replies to this topic

#1 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,791 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:23 AM

I was sure that you would have some useful analysis on this ... but not a peep?

#2 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,132 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:35 AM

The question I cannot answer is... "Who can take four of seven from the Heat?"  They have lost three games since Feb 8, when they signed the Birdman.  I have a tough time finding glaring weaknesses on this team.  Center, perhaps, but the way they play, it has not been a huge liability.  Chicago showed that they can be beaten by a team playing football (tackle), but I'm not sure that would work for a seven game series.  

Without an answer to that question up there, it's hard to get too worked up over the playoffs.  Knicks and Celtics are interesting, for a little bit longer.  

#3 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,791 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:57 AM

The question I cannot answer is... "Who can take four of seven from the Heat?"  They have lost three games since Feb 8, when they signed the Birdman.  I have a tough time finding glaring weaknesses on this team.  Center, perhaps, but the way they play, it has not been a huge liability.  Chicago showed that they can be beaten by a team playing football (tackle), but I'm not sure that would work for a seven game series.  

Without an answer to that question up there, it's hard to get too worked up over the playoffs.  Knicks and Celtics are interesting, for a little bit longer.  

Birdman turned up as a bargain huh? Denver barely played him, it looks like he's headed back to China, so they waive him on amnesty, Miami signs him for ten freaking days (!) and he's a magic pill on the boards.

I always liked that guy, he's a little bit insane with that bird flapping thing.

#4 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,190 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:53 AM

No team really grabbed my attention this year. Watched a few games here and there. Without Dave Lee the Warriors are toast. Lotsa luck the rest of the way.  The Birdman played for Karl for several years. He doesn't keep guys with low BB IQ's around much past lunchtime, usually.   

That's about it. The regular season just started, after all...

#5 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,132 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:52 AM

Birdman is an insane worker; a shot of energy every time he enters the game.  Riley loves hard workers, like PJ Brown, back in the day.  Udonis Haslem has been the hard worker on this team for a long time, but Chris Bosh has been pushing to take that title away.  Now throw Birdman into that mix, and a supporting cast starts to take shape.  They were floundering a bit when they signed him, but they seem settled now.  Lots of weapons on offense, and stout defense with hard workers.  The Knicks have played them well this year.  

#6 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:19 AM

With Lee (ex gator) out for the warriors you can cross them out.  Denver is a dark horse with Brewer (ex Gator).  The  bulls with Noah or the Spurs with Bonner are my picks vs the Heat with Haslam and Miller

#7 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,190 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:47 AM

Birdman is an insane worker; a shot of energy every time he enters the game.  Riley loves hard workers, like PJ Brown, back in the day.  Udonis Haslem has been the hard worker on this team for a long time, but Chris Bosh has been pushing to take that title away.  Now throw Birdman into that mix, and a supporting cast starts to take shape.  They were floundering a bit when they signed him, but they seem settled now.  Lots of weapons on offense, and stout defense with hard workers.  The Knicks have played them well this year.  

I felt good watching LaBron and the rest finally sort it out last year. He's a good kid, always was, but can you imagine what it must have been like to grow up ALWAYS massively better than anyone around you? From 4th grade? Could have simply walked into the low post -or anyplace- and backed everybody up and laid it in every time down the floor, ruining the fun for everybody. 

IMO, he left Cleveland not to win a championship so much as live his dream of being "one of the guys"....and then nobody knew what the roles were. Messed around trying to be Magic Johnson for awhile.  Sorry, when your team is in need of an asshole and you are LaBron fucking James, you are going to have to be an asshole and humiliate people. Over and over and over again until they stop it too. He's fine with that now. His teammates can read his mind now. 

#8 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,791 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:50 AM

I remember after that extortion case, Karl claimed the reason he didn't have much use for Andersen was because he was focusing on the "youth movement" of the team.

Nuts that even when surrounded by Bosh, Wade and Haslem that he could find a place to be productive.

#9 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,791 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:51 AM

IMO, he left Cleveland not to win a championship so much as live his dream of being "one of the guys"....and then nobody knew what the roles were.

Deep.

Makes more sense than any other explanation I've heard.

#10 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,132 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:41 PM

I remember after that extortion case, Karl claimed the reason he didn't have much use for Andersen was because he was focusing on the "youth movement" of the team.

Nuts that even when surrounded by Bosh, Wade and Haslem that he could find a place to be productive.
The scary thing is that the guy gets into double digits now and again, on nights when they don't even run plays for him. That's just pure found money. Couple that with Ray Allen's signing, and its easy to say that Riles had a pretty good year too. Riley has built something amazing.

#11 TheFlash

TheFlash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,252 posts
  • Interests:Rum

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

Can the Warriors actually steal this from the Nuggets?  You can't shoot 65% for a series, can you?

#12 NACRADUDE

NACRADUDE

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,283 posts
  • Interests:Various women, various boats, and various states of consciousness.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

The Thunder are looking good for the finals. However I just can't see anyone beating the Heat in a 7 game series.

#13 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,132 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:01 AM

Who can beat the Heat?  Injuries.  Wade is dinged up, with a sore right knee.  Hopefully, he can get a few days off.  

#14 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,190 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:13 AM

Nuts that even when surrounded by Bosh, Wade and Haslem  James that he could find a place to be productive.

It's the other way around. It's because he's now on a team with those guys he's been getting free, or let free.  

Why haven't they been doing that with Haslem? Not sure, but they let him rest a lot on that end of the floor, or at least they did last year. Got a whale of a lot of miles on him, HAD to play big minutes, and he works his butt off on the other end.  He was active tonight, but the Birdman means he only has to play maybe 20 minutes.   

#15 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

The Thunder are looking good for the finals. However I just can't see anyone beating the Heat in a 7 game series.

I was hoping Westbrook would stop his heart with one of his post-dunk, look-at-me, chest thumps.  Instead he shreds his knee.

Buh-bye OKC.

http://espn.go.com/n...er-knee-surgery

#16 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,190 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

Karl must be pulling his hair out. Teams like that are NOT supposed to be in the fucking playoffs. They just aren't. 

#17 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,791 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

Karl must be pulling his hair out. Teams like that are NOT supposed to be in the fucking playoffs. They just aren't. 

All the pieces are in place, Karl isn't recovering from cancer this time ... except they're blowing it.

That's the Nuggies, they'll do it every time.

#18 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,190 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:29 AM

All the pieces are in place, Karl isn't recovering from cancer this time ... except they're blowing it.

That's the Nuggies, they'll do it every time.

They play this stuff all the time themselves. Don't panic.  

#19 NACRADUDE

NACRADUDE

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,283 posts
  • Interests:Various women, various boats, and various states of consciousness.

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:38 AM

Loosing Westbrook was brutal for okc. Man does that shit suck.

#20 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,190 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:48 AM

They are gonna miss him more than GS misses Lee.  But if you saw them try to play Miami this year....

Give Memphis a shot against them, I sez.  Zach is playing like Zach again.   

#21 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,132 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

Losing Westbrook is cruel. That's an awesome team and I'd like to see them get a rematch, but without Harden, it isn't much of a matchup with the Heat, even with Westbrook. The West looks like SA's now. The East? Knicks are a different team with Martin. Maybe they can do it.

#22 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,190 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

Can the Warriors actually steal this from the Nuggets?  You can't shoot 65% for a series, can you?

After giving it a lot of thought, yes, I think so. Andre Miller is 37, too old to be on the court trying to play Nelliball with this bunch.  Karl has a tough choice to make there.  

#23 TheFlash

TheFlash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,252 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

Warriors up 3-1 in the series. I'm still a skeptic, but they look like they'll pull this off. of course, they'll get crushed in the 2nd round - but that's ok.

#24 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:51 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...-kings-stay-put

Where was this committee in 2007?  Fuck you Stern.  Fuck you Bennett.

I love the Sonics, but I hate the NBA.

#25 TheFlash

TheFlash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,252 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:34 PM

I don't get why the NBA would choose Sacramento over Seattle as a prime location for a franchise.  Someone edumacate me.

#26 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,190 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:29 AM

Warriors up 3-1 in the series. I'm still a skeptic, but they look like they'll pull this off. of course, they'll get crushed in the 2nd round - but that's ok.

I think they left Festus in there for crunch time with the next series in mind. They are going to need him, badly. Amazing kid. Didn't touch a basketball until he was about 14, and didn't play at all in his one year of US high school, yet got a full scholarship at Vanderbilt, and had three other options aside from there.  The rooky-est rook in the NBA. 

Also, they were likely to try for pay-back on Bogut. He's got a flagrant 1. Total of three, and he has to skip a game.   

#27 chinabald

chinabald

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,483 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:48 PM

They are still playing Basketball? Has there been a nationally televised playoff game this year that has had better ratings then the NFL draft?

I used to love basketball but its a terrible game now. I know soccer players who complain about the dives and fake injuries in the NBA today. SOCCER PLAYERS!!

#28 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,190 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

Oh please....

What would that be in soccer? Lifetime ban?  Not even a foul in a mans sport. 

#29 chinabald

chinabald

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,483 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:16 PM

Typical contact between a HS goalkeeper and a forward.

Flops and dives aplenty in basketball, not too many compound fractures though

#30 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:19 PM

The Nugs/Warriors game will be fun to watch tonight. [/understatement]

#31 Bad Andy

Bad Andy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Interests:SAILING

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

Oh please....

Yawn, he hit someone half his size.  Put some skates on that fucker and watch him get his ass kicked.  The real playoffs are happening on the ice.

I haven't watched much basketball since Jordan left the game, not many players I like in the game today.  Rose was starting to win me over until this ACL injury, not sure why he is still in the suit and not a jersey.

#32 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,190 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:27 PM

That's about the most interesting thing happening right now. The Kids, in their first playoffs, thought they could toy with a team that won 54 games. Jackson knows better, but they didn't listen. The Nugs found a way to exploit something in the last game. It's a lot easier to snuff out a spark than a fire.  

For Denver the problem was keeping Miller on the floor. With him on Curry, they are utterly at his mercy, as demonstrated in the third quarter of game 4. He can't guard Thompson either. He can't guard Jack.  Miller is so important on the other end of the floor, the experiment of not using him just plain didn't work.  It's interesting.   

#33 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,190 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

Oh please....

Yawn, he hit someone half his size.  Put some skates on that fucker and watch him get his ass kicked.  The real playoffs are happening on the ice.

I haven't watched much basketball since Jordan left the game, not many players I like in the game today.  Rose was starting to win me over until this ACL injury, not sure why he is still in the suit and not a jersey.

I have no beef with hockey. Do this kind of shit in hockey, and your own team will beat the crap out of you.

#34 chinabald

chinabald

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,483 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:39 AM

See that's what basketball is starting to look like

#35 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,190 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:59 AM

I don't know what you are looking at. They cleaned it up some. It's not like Dennis Rodman is still out there flopping all over the place, or anyone else is getting away with that kind of crap anymore.  

#36 chinabald

chinabald

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,483 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

I don't know what you are looking at. They cleaned it up some. It's not like Dennis Rodman is still out there flopping all over the place, or anyone else is getting away with that kind of crap anymore.  

But Dennis Rodman was flopping all over the place because kevin mchale was knocking the shit out of him. They took the offense out of the game in the late 80s, then the took the defense out of it without replacing it with offense, and then they took the physicality out of the game.

And now you have an unexciting game. Its amazing to me that they have much better athletes playing a less skilled game then ever before. Its a boring game and its starting to be played by boring people.

I used to love NBA basketball, one of the few sports that I didn't need a home team playing to watch. Now I can't stand it.

#37 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,132 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

But Dennis Rodman was flopping all over the place because kevin mchale was knocking the shit out of him. They took the offense out of the game in the late 80s, then the took the defense out of it without replacing it with offense, and then they took the physicality out of the game.

And now you have an unexciting game. Its amazing to me that they have much better athletes playing a less skilled game then ever before. Its a boring game and its starting to be played by boring people.

I used to love NBA basketball, one of the few sports that I didn't need a home team playing to watch. Now I can't stand it.

That Kurt Rambis flop when McHale stuck out his arm was a thing of beauty.  

grabbing my coat.  

#38 On the Hard

On the Hard

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

Chicago - Brooklyn was just painful to watch. Awful basketball. Two teams trying to figure out which one was going to lose. I finally had to change channels. Give Chi-town some credit for sticking around the way they did when they were undermanned. Brooklyn gets a game 7 but nothing to be proud of in that performance. (i was pulling for Brooklyn, by the way)

#39 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,190 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

The Nets can be hard to watch. 

But I don't understand why people hate this Bulls team. They pass. They take care of each other. They never, ever, ever quit. With Rose, they are elite. What more can you ask?   

#40 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,132 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:03 PM

942246_477194465685327_1370382620_n.jpg

Only two players have won four MVP Trophies in five years.  

#41 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,132 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

405845_569840846373196_1563709117_n.png

#42 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:31 PM

The Nets can be hard to watch. 

But I don't understand why people hate this Bulls team. They pass. They take care of each other. They never, ever, ever quit. With Rose, they are elite. What more can you ask?   

They hate Y. Noah (ex gator) too bad as he is the best big man in the game. This season he became only the third person in NBA to score 20 points and nab 20 rebounds in back to back games (Shaquille and Kareem)

#43 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

Shame that the warriors are without their best player (lee ex gator)

#44 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:59 PM

Heat with two ex gators are favorites though spurs with one ex gator should challenge

#45 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,190 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:33 AM

What can ya say to people who say Nate Robinson and Joakim Noah are boring?  

Wade and Nate will be a fun match up. 

#46 Cement_Shoes

Cement_Shoes

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:54 AM

What can ya say to people who say Nate Robinson and Joakim Noah are boring?  

Wade and Nate will be a fun match up. 

I don't see Wade and Robinson matched up much at all.  Heat would be foolish to put Wade on Robinson.  Why would you put that kind of wear in tear on Wade guarding a small quick point guard when you have Chambers and Cole to chase him?  And Nate gives up 6 inches or more to Wade? 

#47 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,190 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:12 AM

I'd expect to see Chalmers on Nate too. I be guessing they don't have anybody else with a prayer of keeping Wade out of the paint. 

#48 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,132 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

Wait to see how Wade's knee is doing before worrying about that.  They may be putting Wade on a chair, though reports are that he is back in practice.  

#49 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,190 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

What I like most about the Bulls is they ALL have to be in on this Derrick Rose deal. They know, they have to. Didn't make a bit of difference, these guys still want to play.  They gathered together a great batch of people. 

#50 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,132 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

So who is the goombah who voted for Carmelo as MVP?  

#51 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,190 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

I think his wife may be working for him behind the scenes.   

http://www.nydailyne...ght-to-be-upset

#52 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

Rose was starting to win me over until this ACL injury, not sure why he is still in the suit and not a jersey.

Some would say because he is a gigantic pussy.

#53 Cement_Shoes

Cement_Shoes

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

Rose was starting to win me over until this ACL injury, not sure why he is still in the suit and not a jersey.

I think it must be in part because even if Rose came back when first cleared by the doctors, the Bulls wouldn't have a realistic shot in getting past the Heat this year.  I haven't been following Rose carefully and don't know if it was team doctors or Rose's personal docs who cleared him to play.  If I were Rose I would find a conservative doctor not connected to the Bulls and listen to him very carefully. 

Rose needs his explosiveness to play at an elite level.  Lose half a step to injury and he doesn't come close to an MVP conversation again.  While I would like to see him play this year, it is a smart if not popular decision to sit it out. 

Putting his career at risk so the Bulls might have lost in 5 in the conference finals instead of 4 a round earlier doesn't make sense,  By next season his knee will be as good as it will ever be again.  Bulls can try to get a few more pieces and have a prayer of beating the Heat.

#54 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,190 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

It was the full-meal deal. Bone implants, patellar tendon graft.  He blows it out again and he's probably done. He's like 23 and it's a pretty young core in that team, which is shaping up to be competitive for the best part of a decade. Why rush it? 

The current trend is towards conditioning and rest as prevention. Another current trend is for trainers to be honest at all times. Looks like the Bulls have that sort working for them, so covering this up in the usual way was out. It's not possible for Rose to say management wants him to sit this one out too.

When his team calls him a pussy, then you know something's wrong with him.    

#55 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:43 PM

It's not an easy decision to make, and a tough situation he's in.

This paraphrasing some guy on ESPN, but rings true...

He's from Chicago, plays in Chicago - the city of big shoulders - where they're used to guys like Ditka and Butkus playing injured all of the time.  The Bulls are playing their asses off with a roster decimated by injury and sickness, guys puking in a bucket mid-game, then coming back in and helping their team win, all the while Rose, cleared by doctors to play, remains in street clothes, 373 days after his knee injury.

One of the top 3 players in the league when he's healthy, his career at stake if they don't get this right.

What if the Bulls take the Heat to 7 games and lose a close one?  Rose will not be able to find a rock to hide under in that town.

#56 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,190 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:43 AM

Until they are kicking ass, maybe.    

#57 chinabald

chinabald

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,483 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:54 AM

I think it must be in part because even if Rose came back when first cleared by the doctors, the Bulls wouldn't have a realistic shot in getting past the Heat this year.  I haven't been following Rose carefully and don't know if it was team doctors or Rose's personal docs who cleared him to play.  If I were Rose I would find a conservative doctor not connected to the Bulls and listen to him very carefully. 

Rose needs his explosiveness to play at an elite level.  Lose half a step to injury and he doesn't come close to an MVP conversation again.  While I would like to see him play this year, it is a smart if not popular decision to sit it out. 

Putting his career at risk so the Bulls might have lost in 5 in the conference finals instead of 4 a round earlier doesn't make sense,  By next season his knee will be as good as it will ever be again.  Bulls can try to get a few more pieces and have a prayer of beating the Heat.
so are they breaking up the heat after this season? Is Lebron retiring? Will the Heat be any less good next year or the next or the next? Will the bulls be better next year ?

I think the answer to all of these questions is no. This may have been the bulls best shot. And granted I don't see the bulls beating the heat. But I remember when the Pistons were not going to beat Kobe and Shaquille A player should never take the playoffs for granted. Rose should be playing.

#58 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,190 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:41 AM

This ain't football, where the owners are off the hook (mostly) on injury ended careers. Rose is signed through 2016. 

They are protecting their investment. They have to look at more than just this year. Heat are having a pretty good year, actually. Not sure about this year being the Bulls best shot. 

#59 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:47 AM

are you retarded?  the bulls team is decimated by injury.  Noah is playing like a lion as is the rest of the team but they are limited this year.  When rose comws back 100% look out.

Also James could go to the Lakers.  Miami isn't a a big enough arena for him

#60 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,132 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:52 AM

This ain't football,  

It isn't?  

#61 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:56 AM

Bulls take game 1 as Noah (ex Gator) and Bulls bully the Heat inside the paint.

http://www.cbssports...dominate-inside

#62 chinabald

chinabald

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,483 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:57 AM

This ain't football, where the owners are off the hook (mostly) on injury ended careers. Rose is signed through 2016. 

They are protecting their investment. They have to look at more than just this year. Heat are having a pretty good year, actually. Not sure about this year being the Bulls best shot. 

you don't suppose the big contracts are insured against injury There are guys every year who play with injury. Rose has been cleared to play. Weeks ago. He should be playing

#63 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,190 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:04 AM

This ain't football,  

It isn't?  

Poor, poor widdle Chrissy...   -_-

#64 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,132 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:04 AM

you don't suppose the big contracts are insured against injury There are guys every year who play with injury. Rose has been cleared to play. Weeks ago. He should be playing

They don't need him.  They need the big guys for this one.  Chicago knows how to beat the Heat.  It takes guys bigger than LeBron who are not afraid to get bloody.  

#65 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:09 AM

Like Noah.

The key is Chris Bosh,  He can't play inside and if he's not shooting well outside a physical team is going to be a threat to Miami.  9 points isn't going to cut it.

#66 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,132 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:22 AM

Like Noah.

The key is Chris Bosh,  He can't play inside and if he's not shooting well outside a physical team is going to be a threat to Miami.  9 points isn't going to cut it.

Bosh does a lot of other stuff.  He is not the key.  LeBron is the key, and if he keeps getting flustered when guys bear hug him, this series will be over in a hurry.  Thibodeau knows how to get a team to play defense.  There's a reason the Celtics haven't won a title since he left.  Beating the Heat is about disrupting LeBron's game.  

#67 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:31 AM

Miami is limited without a true center.  Bosh makes up for it by being a outside threat which usualy draws the other big man out to defend which leaves LeBron space to drive to the basket.

But yeah knocking LeBron around is a good idea

#68 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,190 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:41 AM

The Heat are extremely versatile. They will figure this out, I thinks. 

Their bigs timing was off on rebounds. Got away with slop against Minn and have been sitting a long time. I don't think that will last.  

#69 chinabald

chinabald

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,483 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:20 AM

Well good thing the bulls don't have rose raising the talent level to the point where his team would have no chance

#70 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,190 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:29 AM

Only partially. The big thing here was probably having him for a long time. Might prove out to have been the wrong decision, in hindsight. Remarkable crew they've assembled.  Luol Deng had to go back to the hospital. "Complications from spinal tap" is something you don't want to hear, I hear.   

#71 TheFlash

TheFlash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,252 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:40 AM

ok, not sure what I'm seeing here other than Curry going off.  Warriors up by 16 in the 3rd?  ok, now 17

#72 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,132 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:51 AM

Only partially. The big thing here was probably having him for a long time. Might prove out to have been the wrong decision, in hindsight. Remarkable crew they've assembled.  Luol Deng had to go back to the hospital. "Complications from spinal tap" is something you don't want to hear, I hear.   

His pain level was 11, which in this context of "Spinal Tap" is worse than 10.  

#73 TheFlash

TheFlash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,252 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:24 AM

wow for San Antonio's run at the end. Overtime...

#74 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,190 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

wow for San Antonio's run at the end. Overtime...

The Kids drive everyone nuts, don't they? Especially their own coach. Would've been out in four against Denver without Bogut too.  Everybody had forgotten just how great a player the big Aussie once was, back in the day.  I sure did, at least.  

#75 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

After 25 years, well deserved.

Congrats George Karl!

http://espn.go.com/n...-nba-coach-year

#76 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,132 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:07 AM

Bulls and Heat are playing ugly. The Hinrich Maneuver defense is in full swing.

#77 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,132 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:22 AM

Wow.  Hard to stay competitive in a game when you have that many missed tackles.  

#78 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,190 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:32 AM

The Kids are all right. 

#79 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,132 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:35 AM

The Kids are all right. 

I hate seeing games decided by refs.  If the refs let the Bulls play Hinrich Maneuver defense, they have a chance to win in street brawl fashion.  See game 1.  If the refs force them to play basketball, the Heat have a better chance at getting into a rhythm, and then it's lights-out.  See game 2.     

#80 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:15 AM

Disgracefull refereing.  Bulla played in a way that honored the celtics pistons and pacers of old.  Noah was singled out/

Troubling

#81 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,190 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:29 AM

The Kids are all right. 

I hate seeing games decided by refs.  If the refs let the Bulls play Hinrich Maneuver defense, they have a chance to win in street brawl fashion.  See game 1.  If the refs force them to play basketball, the Heat have a better chance at getting into a rhythm, and then it's lights-out.  See game 2.     

Missed all but the last couple minutes of that one. Seriously silly at that point. 9 techs, multiple ejections. If Joey Crawford watched, he was sobbing uncontrollably. 

rteq02.jpg

They must have kept the Bulls out of the paint though. From that I'd say the Heat can hold their own against the Bulls ground game.    

#82 Cement_Shoes

Cement_Shoes

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

It is difficult to claim that Bulls Heat game was an old school playoff game and that the Refs should have let the players play. 

That full contact tackle football style isn't played in the NBA any more.  The players aren't used to it and don't know when to draw the line.  If the refs don't stop the hard fouls early someone is going to start throwing punches and there will be multiple ejections and suspensions. 

I watched the whole game and thought the refs did their job, especially early on. Anderson's flagrant foul?  It was borderline but because it was in direct retaliation to a cheap shot Lebron took 2 seconds earlier in the same defensive possession it was a good call.    There were other flagrant fouls that could have been called on both teams but the refs were pretty fair until the game was out of hand score wise.  You aren't going to see a lot of borderline fouls called in a 40 point game.  Refs want to get to the final whistle quickly.   The technical foul on Robinson was one of the bad calls.  I am sure that Robinson said enough to earn it.  However as he was talking to his teammates while headed back to the bench the ref could have let it go.  I think that is was a "make up" call.  He probably could have been called for a technical on the prior possession.  I forget which heat player he was in the face of but that is going to escalate the already tense game.  I think the ref thought he should have given Robinson a technical there and then Robinson was stupid enough to give the ref a reason to do it.  You see it all the time.  A question call results in a foul being called on the other team right away for something that is a foul but is usually ignored.

It will be interesting to see tonight's game.  First time both teams will be equally motivated and on Chicago's court.  I expect another physical game but also expect it to be a cleaner game. 

#83 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,132 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:53 PM

Disgracefull refereing.  Bulla played in a way that honored the celtics pistons and pacers of old.  Noah was singled out/

Troubling

Noah was throwing elbows at mid court, not after a rebound.  That was disgusting.  He deserved to take a seat.  

#84 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,132 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:05 PM

Troubling

Noah was throwing elbows at mid court, not after a rebound.  That was disgusting.  He deserved to take a seat.  

Interesting version of the picture of the woman saluting Noah as he left the court.

923056_10152802731255072_1806992684_n.jp

#85 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,132 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:45 PM

If Joey Crawford watched, he was sobbing uncontrollably.  

He's working tonight's game.  Trouble for the Heat....  

#86 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,190 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:41 AM

If Joey Crawford watched, he was sobbing uncontrollably.  

He's working tonight's game.  Trouble for the Heat....  

Couldn't have kept him away with a fire hose. 

#87 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,132 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:51 AM

Typical Crawford. LeBron gets tackled and gets the technical.

#88 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:51 AM

James with the T

what a thug

poor decision by Mohammed to retaliate.

Great rebound by Noah.  Heat looking rattled

#89 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:59 AM

Noah abusing Bosh

#90 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,132 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:07 AM

Noah is no more than a cheap shot artist and thug, with a jumper. He should have been ejected already.

Bulls not missing as many tackles tonight as they did in game two.

#91 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:08 AM

Noah just dominated bosh on the block

He reminds me of Bill Lambeer and Kevin McHale

#92 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:14 AM

If Rose was available the Heat would be getting routed. 

I will call it now they won't win another title this year

#93 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,132 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:15 AM

Yanni couldn't carry McHale's jock. McHale was a tough, all-around player, who could drop a dirty play now and again. Joakim is a dirty enforcer who can drop a shot now and again. If the ref were anyone but Crawford, he'd already be watching the game on tv.

#94 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:20 AM

Yanni couldn't carry McHale's jock. McHale was a tough, all-around player, who could drop a dirty play now and again. Joakim is a dirty enforcer who can drop a shot now and again. If the ref were anyone but Crawford, he'd already be watching the game on tv.

I agree but then again McHale wouldn't win the french open.

This Noah on the other hand is the BEST center in the league.  He Joined only Kareem and Shaq in having back to back 20 point 20 rebound games.

I can;t help myself...

I have schooled you AGAIN!!!!

#95 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,190 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:43 AM

Noah is no more than a cheap shot artist and thug, with a jumper. He should have been ejected already.

Bulls not missing as many tackles tonight as they did in game two.

He shoots two-handed. That's taking "secure in ones manhood" to a very scary level. Might even be frightening Joey a bit. 

BTW, I'm a little concerned about Joey. He's just waltzing around out there totally expecting somebody is going to make his day for him. If he realizes the game he has prepared his whole life for is slipping away, look out. 

#96 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,132 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:47 AM

Yanni wasn't a Noah, he was some entertainer.
Mentioning this thug in the same breath as Kareem is laughable. And I hated Kareem.

There are no decent true centers left. Noah isn't even a true center. I'd rather have Haslem.

Schooled? Only if you are talking to your hand and Schooled is a brand of lube. The Bulls won't tackle their way out of this. The Heat won't lose their cool no matter how deep the Bulls go to find enforcers. Crawford can't ref every game.

#97 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:59 AM

The stats tell the story.  Noah is the most talented big man i the leauge outside of Duncan. In this series he's [laying hurt and is still pushing Bosh around.   I get it you are a heat fan but it;s all going to end in tears..

#98 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:03 AM

James gets blocked from behind by 5'9" robinson :P

#99 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:07 AM

Noah with only two fouls.  Good refereeing

#100 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:22 AM

Love Haslem but he has recorded no meaningful stats in this series.  He had a nice career but he and Miller need to retire.  Noah has a good 10+years left

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users