380 replies to this topic

#301 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,223 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:19 AM

He picked up the ball, put one foot down, lifted that foot, put his pivot foot down, lifted that foot, took the Eurostep, took the South American step, stepped on a penguin and then got hacked. Clear cut foul situation.

Anyone think Ginobili's high elbow to LeBron will get upgraded to a flagrant 1 before game 7 tips off?

Unbelievable swings in the 4th quarter and even the last 2 minutes.

I like the Heat for game 7. Home team and the team that didn't already lose a close out game are big advantages.

The NBA's team most likely to shake of the game 6 loss with their veterans and Pop.

The officiating throughout the playoffs has been atrocious, particularly in the Finals.  When you see the chrome dome on the court with the whistle, you know it is going to be a long night.  It's tough when the guy with the whistle wants to be the star of the show.  

Plenty of bad calls to go around, tonight.  There is no excuse for the Spurs giving up 30 in the 4th.  Part of that was the Heat turning up the defensive intensity at the other end of the court, but I wonder if they were gassed.  

Thursday's game could go any which way.  Home court, lost a close out game, etc...none of that will decide it, though it all matters.  The tired legs might be a factor.  At this point, it's the two best teams in the league, in terms of team play, talent, class, coaching, you name it.  I'm just glad that the Heat didn't fold when that would have been the easy way out.  There was a time when I expected that from LeBron, but he proved me wrong last year.  I thought we would see it again.  But they didn't quit, and we all get to see a monumental Game 7 as a result.  

Anybody's game.   

#302 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,612 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:40 AM

Ray Allen. 

Amazing shot by a clutch performer.  Very glad that he was willing to take less money to play for the Heat than he could have made elsewhere.  

Game 7 between the two best teams in the league.  How sweet it is.  

>OK I know I'm not completely objective, but Manu was hacked at least twice on that last drive to the basket and no call. manu should have been on the line with game in his hand

I agree with you. He was hacked hard between his fourth and fifth step.  

Key was no ref under the basket to see it. Happens a lot on breaks.  Joey's end to be lead (the guy on the baseline) too.

Ripping off the worlds best NBA reporter: 

The MVP was the arena staff. By setting up for the trophy celebration in the fourth quarter, they awoke Cobradick from the  trance . Next thing you know, nothing left alive on the court. Just LaBron, standing amid the strewn body parts, slowly re-coiling his dick and tucking it away again. 

#303 Cement_Shoes

Cement_Shoes

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:47 AM

Crawford must have photos of Stern blowing a goat. How he manages to not only stay a ref but get credited as one of the best in the league is beyond me. Did you see him rip the ball out of the spurs player hands after the the Ray Allen 3? That is why they give these guys whistles. Joey you don't need to go after the ball that aggressively. You aren't fighting for a rebound. Blow your damn whistle and the play stops!

#304 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,612 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:55 AM

Crawford must have photos of Stern blowing a goat. How he manages to not only stay a ref but get credited as one of the best in the league is beyond me. Did you see him rip the ball out of the spurs player hands after the the Ray Allen 3? That is why they give these guys whistles. Joey you don't need to go after the ball that aggressively. You aren't fighting for a rebound. Blow your damn whistle and the play stops!

He's pretty solid, really, just has a tendency to go ape-shit every once in awhile. Forgets the fans didn't come to see him ref. But he gets high marks from the coaches because he will call the same things fouls on the home team during crunch-time that he did in the first quarter. Joey ain't afraid of no-thing and no-body. Joey's a badass.  

#305 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,223 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:04 AM

Joey should have been sent packing years ago. He is apt to make the same mistakes in the first and fourth quarters. Horrible. The ref should never be the focal point of the game. Granted, the shiny white noggin sticks out like a sore thumb, but we always see Crawford in the games he calls. He is the only ref who always sticks out. I'm glad that they tend not to work him two games in a row in the finals.

#306 Cement_Shoes

Cement_Shoes

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:16 AM

He's pretty solid, really, just has a tendency to go ape-shit every once in awhile. Forgets the fans didn't come to see him ref. But he gets high marks from the coaches because he will call the same things fouls on the home team during crunch-time that he did in the first quarter. Joey ain't afraid of no-thing and no-body. Joey's a badass.  
I agree that Joey ain't afraid of no-thing and no-body. I've seen him make too many calls that insert himself needlessly into the game to be a fan or impressed by his skill. It is almost like he is passive aggressive with his whistle. If you let the players get away with sliding a half body width on screens for 3.5 quarters don't call it in the last 3 minutes of a tight game. Especially when the screen doesn't affect the play. Then if you have the audacity to argue his questionable calls, he is quick to the technical and/or hit you with punitive calls and no calls.

Football's best known ref, Ed Hochuli, is known for his "guns." Basketball's best known ref is known for his temper ego and questionable calls. This is not a good thing for the league. Even if it were more perception than reality.

I loved Ray Allen's response to the post game interview question if he considered swinging the ball to James who was open at the top of the key at the three point line on the last second fourth quarter shot. He basically laughed off the question. Might as well have asked him if he had considered passing to a wide open Chris Anderson at half court.

It was interesting to see the Heat take the approach that we are okay with Tim Duncan beating us in the paint so long as Danny Green doesn't beat us with the 3. Much tighter perimeter defense by Miami but boy did Duncan feast on those late doubles. I think he prefers the step or spin to the baseline but he can hurt you just as bad going back to the middle. Either way he puts up a shot with so much touch that it wouldn't hurt the hoop even if it was a virgin.

#307 btbotfa

btbotfa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:09 PM

Popovich coached himself right out of a championship here-sitting Duncan on those two final inbounds by the heat, putting a 6'8" Diaw in there, a guy with no vertical leap and no ability to switch from defense to offense, allowed the heat to make the offensive rebound, get the second shot....You saw Duncan, 6'11" still quick with great hands, alter how many plays last night around the rim....Going to be next to impossible for Spurs to pick themselves up off the mat for Game 7. Shame -could have really cemented an amazing legacy for Duncan to get that 5th ring.

#308 redboat

redboat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • Interests:none

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:09 PM

A few coaching blunders and missed freethrows at the end cost SA the championship. Must be devastating loss to them.

Fear Miami will roar back with a blowout at home. If SA somehow manages to win game 7 it will be a miracle.

Pity.

Stern will be happy

#309 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,223 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:38 PM

Popovich coached himself right out of a championship here-sitting Duncan on those two final inbounds by the heat, putting a 6'8" Diaw in there, a guy with no vertical leap and no ability to switch from defense to offense, allowed the heat to make the offensive rebound, get the second shot....You saw Duncan, 6'11" still quick with great hands, alter how many plays last night around the rim....Going to be next to impossible for Spurs to pick themselves up off the mat for Game 7. Shame -could have really cemented an amazing legacy for Duncan to get that 5th ring.

I hope the Heat doesn't underestimate the Spurs too.  That is an experienced team, led by a core group of champions with talent and character.  The only effect Game 6 will have on them for Game 7 is that it forced Game 7.  They are not playing the Charlotte Bobcats.  Both of these teams are really good, and the slightest mixup results in a run for the other team.  Either team could win, and it could be close or a blowout.  Nobody knows what to expect.  That is as it should be for a Game 7.  

#310 d'ranger

d'ranger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:40 PM

For all those writing off the Spurs, the Heat will have to win two in a row, been a while. 

My prediction: Spurs win, James will cost the Heat by trying to be the hero at the end. 

#311 btbotfa

btbotfa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:49 PM

For all those writing off the Spurs, the Heat will have to win two in a row, been a while. 

My prediction: Spurs win, James will cost the Heat by trying to be the hero at the end. 

would love to see that but ...James playing hero last night worked out pretty well for them-played better without the headband!

#312 Cement_Shoes

Cement_Shoes

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

would love to see that but ...James playing hero last night worked out pretty well for them-played better without the headband!

Isn't obvious where the headband went?

Cobradick got the headband for GO TIME. 

Cobradick might have also gotten Miller's shoe and one of the Birdman's tattoos.

#313 Cement_Shoes

Cement_Shoes

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:43 PM

Another shiny example of the refs in Finals action

http://sports.yahoo....-072304921.html

Tim Duncan allowed back into game during the review of Ray Allen's 3.   

Don't players have to check into the game and allowed in?  Did Duncan legally (illegally) check into the game or did he just walk out of the Spurs timeout huddle onto the floor?

Either way a complete breakdown of officiating responsibility.  NBA dodged a last second Tony Parker bullet on this one.

Pop dodged the question when asked if he knew it was an illegal substitution.  Not cool Pop, not cool.

#314 btbotfa

btbotfa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:57 PM

i thot the same thing about the substitutions.....Pop blew this game, regardless of Lebron heroics--some very questionable personnel substitutions and they all seemed to blow up in his face.

#315 btbotfa

btbotfa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

anybody seen odds on Game 7 now? Miami by 6? bet its 16

#316 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,612 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

Joey should have been sent packing years ago. He is apt to make the same mistakes in the first and fourth quarters. Horrible. The ref should never be the focal point of the game. Granted, the shiny white noggin sticks out like a sore thumb, but we always see Crawford in the games he calls. He is the only ref who always sticks out. I'm glad that they tend not to work him two games in a row in the finals.

That's why the coaches and players respect him. Just like the "strike zone" in baseball, it's known and accepted it's not always going to be the same, just pleading for the courage to consistency call it within any single game.  A lot of refs are afraid of being booed by 30,000 people. It is kind of frightening.  

#317 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,612 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

I don't know what will happen, but LaBron's interview after the game was something to behold. Leaning back. Subdued. A wry smile every so often, but that's it. Where's the joy at winning that incredible game?  He's concerned.  

It wasn't supposed to be this hard. The three amigos would be challenging for Micheal's Bulls string of championships, not on their knees in their own gym begging God to let a three pointer drop to save them from elimination in game 6 of #2.

Maybe this bad habit of believing they can turn it on and off at will (well...they can...most of the time) will end. Maybe the knowledge they are really not that much better than everyone else will sink in. 

#318 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,588 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

When are they going to tee-up Cobradick for his post-dunk Harlem Shuffle on the rim shit??

#319 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,612 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:57 PM

When are they going to tee-up Cobradick for his post-dunk Harlem Shuffle on the rim shit??

Cobradick was the guy who brought them back, but at crunch time...he kind of shit the bed. 

I want to know who made the call to start rigging the arena for Spurs Championship Celebration during the break between the third and fourth quarters. Diabolical. Even Riley-esque (performing hasty sign of the cross here)

#320 Cement_Shoes

Cement_Shoes

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:05 PM

I hope not during this series as long as he doesn't get any worse.  It is against the rules as they are written.  He isn't protecting himself or another player by hanging on the rim. 

However, the NBA is a league of showmen and highlights.  That is why travels are often ignored if you make a highlight shot.  That is why when Jordan used to foul someone one of his teammates would raise their hand and the refs would dutifully call the foul on the guy with his hand in the air.  The player didn't even need to be in the play just on the floor. 

Every single person making money off the NBA, Stern, owners, GM's, front office, coaches, training staff, players and anyone else I missed, hears ka-ching when LeBron and others do a rim dance after an emphatic dunk even if an extra step preceded the dunk.

Refs know better than to take away highlight reel material.  If the league wants to stop hanging on the rim make a point of it next year.   Don't call it in a game 7 of the the Finals after wink and nudge encouraging it, bottling it and selling it.

#321 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,612 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:08 PM

All it took was the Spurs knocking off his headband.

Since midway through the second quarter, the Spurs had been punching the Heat in the balls again and again until they puked out a newborn moose. San Antonio, as it has been all goddamned series, was relentlessly raining down buckets and thundered their way to a 13-point lead with less than four minutes to go. LeBron looked shaken and rattled and very much had 2011 Finals written all over his face.

Then the fourth quarter started, and he slammed home a dunk as Tim Duncan's contact knocked off his headband.

And it was LeBramageddon Time.

The next nine minutes was simply carnage.

LeBron, the hard-driving storm of chaos who rains down destruction from the heavens, simply took the fuck over. He did what we all begged him to do. He attacked the rim with the ferociousness of a man possessed, thundering through the Spurs' defense like an angry cyclone, devastating and laying waste anyone who dared get between him and the basket.

He crushed the rim and blocked shots. He ate Tony Parker, shat out Tony Parker, and then stuffed Tony Parker into a paper bag, lit it on fire, and placed it on Gregg Popovich's front porch.

http://blogs.broward...gainst.php#more

#322 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,223 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:02 AM

All it took was the Spurs knocking off his headband.

Since midway through the second quarter, the Spurs had been punching the Heat in the balls again and again until they puked out a newborn moose. San Antonio, as it has been all goddamned series, was relentlessly raining down buckets and thundered their way to a 13-point lead with less than four minutes to go. LeBron looked shaken and rattled and very much had 2011 Finals written all over his face.

Then the fourth quarter started, and he slammed home a dunk as Tim Duncan's contact knocked off his headband.

And it was LeBramageddon Time.

The next nine minutes was simply carnage.

LeBron, the hard-driving storm of chaos who rains down destruction from the heavens, simply took the fuck over. He did what we all begged him to do. He attacked the rim with the ferociousness of a man possessed, thundering through the Spurs' defense like an angry cyclone, devastating and laying waste anyone who dared get between him and the basket.

He crushed the rim and blocked shots. He ate Tony Parker, shat out Tony Parker, and then stuffed Tony Parker into a paper bag, lit it on fire, and placed it on Gregg Popovich's front porch.

http://blogs.broward...gainst.php#more

Nah, it was all the refs fault.  They didn't make any bad calls that hurt the Heat.  

#323 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,612 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:28 AM

I hope not during this series as long as he doesn't get any worse.  It is against the rules as they are written.  He isn't protecting himself or another player by hanging on the rim. 

Every single person making money off the NBA, Stern, owners, GM's, front office, coaches, training staff, players and anyone else I missed, hears ka-ching when LeBron and others do a rim dance after an emphatic dunk even if an extra step preceded the dunk.

Refs know better than to take away highlight reel material.  If the league wants to stop hanging on the rim make a point of it next year.   Don't call it in a game 7 of the the Finals after wink and nudge encouraging it, bottling it and selling it.

No, sometimes you do have to hang. They aren't going to ban that. They did ban the excessive stuff, chin-ups and crap like that.  

#324 Cement_Shoes

Cement_Shoes

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:59 AM

No, sometimes you do have to hang. They aren't going to ban that. They did ban the excessive stuff, chin-ups and crap like that.  

I was speaking only of the instances that I assume silver bullet was objecting to. Of course hanging on the rim is and should be allowed in the interest of safety. Wade, James and others are routinely Harlem Shuffling the rim without so much pretending it is in the name of safety. These instances are the ones that I am saying the right time to take a stand is early in the regular season not in game 7 of the finals. If the league does want to curtail it, which i dont think they do.

Even given the leniency allowed this year, James has pushed his luck a few times. I would hate to see it called in the finals unless someone clearly obliterates the line. But i can understand why someone who doesnt like the Heat or LeBron can get sick of seeing them get away with it.

Sorry I wasn't clear in the original post.

#325 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,223 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

40k will get you court side seats for tonight's game.

That seems very unsportsmanlike.

#326 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,612 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

Like the Thrilla in Manila.

The Whammy in Miami?  

#327 Cement_Shoes

Cement_Shoes

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

Like the Thrilla in Manila.

The Whammy in Miami?  

The Fray by the Bay.

#328 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,612 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:49 PM

Might be interesting. The heavy minutes on the stars in 6 should result in serious, even desperate, attempts to use bench. 

#329 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,588 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:26 PM

I was speaking only of the instances that I assume silver bullet was objecting to. Of course hanging on the rim is and should be allowed in the interest of safety. Wade, James and others are routinely Harlem Shuffling the rim without so much pretending it is in the name of safety. These instances are the ones that I am saying the right time to take a stand is early in the regular season not in game 7 of the finals. If the league does want to curtail it, which i dont think they do.

Even given the leniency allowed this year, James has pushed his luck a few times. I would hate to see it called in the finals unless someone clearly obliterates the line. But i can understand why someone who doesnt like the Heat or LeBron can get sick of seeing them get away with it.

Sorry I wasn't clear in the original post.

Exactly what I was talking about, and good point about not beginning to call it in the Finals.  

Game f'ing 7!  Should be a great one!

#330 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,223 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:51 AM

Whew. Game 7. Gonna be a good night to sell either pots and pans, or Kleenex in Miami.

#331 Cement_Shoes

Cement_Shoes

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:11 AM

I would be surprised if this one isn't close. Both teams have heart and more importantly experience. There will be runs both ways but I expect the teams to weather them and regroup.

The only caveat would be if Parker's leg gives out on him. If he can't go 40 meaningful minutes Spurs are in trouble.

I think the Heat manages to pull it out with higher energy at the end of the 3rd and 4th but if they go cold and fall behind it will be hard to overcome the spurs generally better execution. Overall expect a hard fought lower scoring battle with a lot of play on no calls. Heat have played their best with only wade or James on the court instead of both. Would like to see each asked to go a little harder and get more rest, but it is a lot to ask of a team to shake up rotation game 7. if spo goes a few more down the bench Heat wins the battle of attrition due to pace.

Battier needs a few more of those nothing but backboard, rim, rim, rim and then net 3s.

#332 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,223 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:33 AM

Spurs look to have forgotten about Tuesday night better than the Heat did. The Heat might need BG to do some gloating in order to get it going tonight.

#333 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,588 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:34 AM

Spurs taking the home crowd out of it.  For now.

That girl who belted out the SSB looked like a slightly older little miss sunshine.

I'd love to see Diaw's forearm connect with Birdman's chin and send him 3-rows deep.

#334 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,223 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:42 AM

Rockem Sockem Robots! What a game.

#335 Cement_Shoes

Cement_Shoes

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:49 AM

Great game so far. Other than Green who was playing over his head early in the series everyone is playing well.

Refs calling a superb game. Even and spot on situational awareness. Nothing insignificant being called

#336 On the Hard

On the Hard

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:59 AM

God this is killing me. I want to the Spurs to win and would bleed to see it happen. But credit to both teams for a fantastic series.

#337 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,612 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:00 AM

LaBron's "I'z about had alls I can takes and I can takes no more" look is scary.  Getting worked up.

#338 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,223 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:05 AM

Charmers with the FU jumper to close the quarter, after being held the last time down. Good stuff.

#339 On the Hard

On the Hard

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:48 AM

FUCK

Just fuck...

daughter is crying

fuck...

#340 Charlie Foxtrot

Charlie Foxtrot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,392 posts
  • Interests:Thistle #3130

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:50 AM

I take it from all the gunfire that someone won the basketbrawl game?

#341 Cement_Shoes

Cement_Shoes

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:54 AM

Wtf is Pop's problem? Sitting Parker on the most important possession of the game? Sat him last play of 6 too and that worked well for him. Pop drank the koolaid and thinks he can do no wrong.

Great game Heat! And Spurs.

#342 Cement_Shoes

Cement_Shoes

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:56 AM

Wtf is Pop's problem? Sitting Parker on the most important possession of the game? Sat him last play of 6 too and that worked well for him. Pop drank the koolaid and thinks he can do no wrong.
Great game Heat! And Spurs.

Not just most important possession of the game. Most important possession of the year.

Worked out for you giving the ball to Mr Turnobili, didn't it?

#343 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,223 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:37 AM

Another title for Ray. Nice guys do finish first. Three for D-Wade. Pretty impressive run for LeBron. Some will recall that I didn't want the Heat to sign him. I was right for a year, but wrong for the two years since. Man does he take a lot of shit for the amount of heart he puts into it. He left Cleveland wrong, but he's been right since.

#344 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,612 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:11 AM

He is kind of a dummy, sometimes. Un-suave, might be a better way to put that. A few years of college before being in the spotlight might have done him a lot of good. 

Remember when he tackled the guy who won like $10,000 hitting a half court shot? He was happier than the winner was. Like Bill  Russel said of Wilt: "Nobody roots for Goliath".  Bill and Wilt were actually best buds when they played, but for some reason everybody loved Bill and hated Wilt. Just one of those things. 

#345 Cement_Shoes

Cement_Shoes

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:23 AM

I would be surprised if this one isn't close. Both teams have heart and more importantly experience. There will be runs both ways but I expect the teams to weather them and regroup.
The only caveat would be if Parker's leg gives out on him. If he can't go 40 meaningful minutes Spurs are in trouble.
I think the Heat manages to pull it out with higher energy at the end of the 3rd and 4th but if they go cold and fall behind it will be hard to overcome the spurs generally better execution. Overall expect a hard fought lower scoring battle with a lot of play on no calls. Heat have played their best with only wade or James on the court instead of both. Would like to see each asked to go a little harder and get more rest, but it is a lot to ask of a team to shake up rotation game 7. if spo goes a few more down the bench Heat wins the battle of attrition due to pace.
Battier needs a few more of those nothing but backboard, rim, rim, rim and then net 3s.

6 for 8 isn't bad. Even if they didn't all tickle the backboard, rim, rim, rim and then net.

If you told me Miller, Bosh, and Allen would combine for zero points I wouldn't have bet on a Heat victory

#346 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,588 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:06 AM

Great series!  But fuck did I want the Spurs to win for Tim Duncan.  The fact that "Birdman" gets to hoist the trophy rather than Tim makes me want to write off the NBA.  That and the Sonics, but I'm over that and now only wish for doom & unmitigated failure for OKC.  But moving on...

Even though I don't like him, LBJ's talent is unreal in how he can turn it on and take a game over.  And we're talking about doing it against the best in the league, not some JV team from South Dakota.  Giving him a 6-foot cushion to shoot should have stopped after he hit his 3rd in a row.  Like Shoes said above, Miller/Allen/Bosh and Haslem combine for 0 points, and they walk away?!  It was Battier's turn to pull a Green (who went 1-12?)

I knew it was over when Duncan missed that basket at the rim (twice), then James goes down a promptly nets another.

To think the Spurs were up 5 with 30 sec to go in game 6...

I feel for the Spurs, but hat's off to the Heat.  Great series, and both sides showed a lot of class after it was over. 

#347 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,588 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:09 AM

I wonder how much cash Ginobili had bet on the Heat??

#348 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,223 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:23 PM

Game Seven, explained.

http://blogs.broward..._nba_champi.php

#349 d'ranger

d'ranger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:07 PM

Game Seven, explained.

That writer has a thing for LBJs thing.  What was Shane Battier?  chopped liver? All six of those shots came at moments when the momentum could have swung.  And that is the only consolation for me, Shane has always been a class act, nice to see him get a ring. 

IMHO the game has changed and not for the better. 

#350 Cement_Shoes

Cement_Shoes

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:46 PM

Game Seven, explained.

That writer has a thing for LBJs thing.  What was Shane Battier?  chopped liver? All six of those shots came at moments when the momentum could have swung.  And that is the only consolation for me, Shane has always been a class act, nice to see him get a ring. 

The recap continued on a second and third page.  Battier got his love from the writer.

James also found help in the suddenly hot Shane Battier.

The Professor had played himself out of the rotation in the Eastern Conference Finals. He didn't even play in that series' Game 7.

But on this Game 7, the mild mannered Professor went back to the lab, drank some concoction he formulated on his spare time to help him read faster, and that somehow suddenly morphed into the HORSETRONAUT!!

The HORSETRONAUT blow up the Spurs assholes with a face-melting, dynasty-busting three-point barrage. Battier banged down six three-pointers on the night on his way to the biggest performance of his career."

#351 d'ranger

d'ranger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

oops,  thx. 

#352 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,234 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

Game Seven, explained.

That analysis was so good that I'm going to start following Chris Joseph. He's the LBJ of Miami sports writers.

#353 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,223 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:57 PM

SA should get Chris Joseph to cover the AC.

#354 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,612 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:08 PM

SA should get Chris Joseph to cover the AC.

By force, if necessary. 

#355 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:16 PM

Bad guys win after good guys choke series away,  You have to make your free throws.

#356 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,612 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:20 PM

Game Seven, explained.

The bigs have been marginalized. The Mark Jackson rule, end of fighting, and an unforeseen emergence of kids with ridiculous shooting ability...but I'm not so sure it's for the worse. There just aren't than many people who are both 7 foot tall and athletic. 

#357 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:45 PM

J. Noah?  Hilbert?

#358 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,588 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:24 PM

k-bigpic.jpg

k-bigpic.jpg

#359 btbotfa

btbotfa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:40 PM

guy on top, absolute clown whose stats are all about no one covering him cause he is an awkward geek, guy on bottom a gentleman and a scholar and a winner

#360 On the Hard

On the Hard

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:18 PM

guy on top, absolute clown whose stats are all about no one covering him cause he is an awkward geek, guy on bottom a gentleman and a scholar and a winner

Guy on top would be swinging off the back of a garbage truck 5 days a week if not for the NBA. Doubtless he will be joining his freak idol Rodman in filing for bankruptcy shortly after retiring...and of course it will be the NBA's fault

#361 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,612 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

Judged the book by it's tats, ya's did. He's managed to hang in the league on bo-coo (rim shot) smarts, hard work, and an excellent attitude. 

#362 btbotfa

btbotfa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

Judged the book by it's tats, ya's did. He's managed to hang in the league on bo-coo (rim shot) smarts, hard work, and an excellent attitude. 

nah, overrated, not that athletic, kind of a lucky grunt....and you got to wonder what is between his ears turning himself into a circus act.....

#363 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,612 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:13 AM

Can't see past the tats. It is a blinding display, have to admit. 

As a basketball player, he's never been highly rated, never got big contract. Scratched his way into the league and there are about 150 guys who could have taken his job every year...but didn't. The kid showed up on time and did what they asked him to do on a consistent basis with exceptionally few mental mistakes and a fair bunch of savvy adjustments made all by himself. He knit the Heats interior defense together very nicely for the 15-20 minutes a game they needed from another big. Haslem is getting old and has a hell of a lot of miles on him. 

#364 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,223 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:18 AM

Can't see past the tats. It is a blinding display, have to admit. 

As a basketball player, he's never been highly rated, never got big contract. Scratched his way into the league and there are about 150 guys who could have taken his job every year...but didn't. The kid showed up on time and did what they asked him to do on a consistent basis with exceptionally few mental mistakes and a fair bunch of savvy adjustments made all by himself. He knit the Heats interior defense together very nicely for the 15-20 minutes a game they needed from another big. Haslem is getting old and has a hell of a lot of miles on him. 

After his signing, the Heat won something like 45 of the next 50 games. He was an instant spark of energy from the bench whenever he entered the game. I never heard anything but glowing comments about him from his teammates, which matters far more than opinions from fans. I'm sure glad nobody wanted him, because I don't think the Heat could have repeated without him.

#365 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,223 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

Parade Day.

1003852_10151513771267582_223060936_n.jp

#366 btbotfa

btbotfa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

Parade Day.

1003852_10151513771267582_223060936_n.jp

Shoot me

#367 btbotfa

btbotfa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

And apparently Clippers finally making deal with the Celts for Doc....the long rebuilding process begins in a big way at Boston-God knows when we will be back in finals -prbably have grandchildren by then...

#368 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,223 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:42 PM

Larry Bird on whether current Olympic team could beat Dream Team (As argued by Kobe Bryant): "They probably could. I haven't played in 20 years and we're all old now."

I miss Larry.

#369 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,612 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:20 PM

Larry came a long way from when he came into the league. He was so obnoxious, why, the upper classmen would beat the shit out of him once a week.  

#370 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,223 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:16 AM

They all deserve a beating like that...for the shorts.  

Bird was the king of the smack talkers.  

#371 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:23 AM

Celtics get three first round draft picks. If they tank the season next year they will get either the fsu kid or the gator kid and will be well on the way back to dominance.

#372 silent bob

silent bob

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:57 AM

When the NE Patriots drafted Aaron Hernandez they asked him if he had a Criminal History, he replied "Is one still required?"

#373 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:16 AM

Apparently under the patiot way the answer is no. Though to be fair he had only been convicted of smoking pot.

I have schooled up again!

#374 silent bob

silent bob

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:38 AM

Apparently under the patiot way the answer is no. Though to be fair he had only been convicted of smoking pot.

I have schooled up again!

Schooled? He's going up for THREE Capital offences! Too bad M'Assachusetts doesn't have the Chair. And "Only convicted of Smoking Pot"? Still a crime, even in Floriduh. You gripe about Zimmerman killing an innocent, and yet you seem proud that a Gator has murdered three? I don't understand your hypocrisy.  Troubling  :(

#375 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:49 AM

He is a patriot who murdered one. His smoking pot at uf is no a big deal to any reasonable person.

#376 silent bob

silent bob

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:09 AM

Only One?

#377 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,223 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:55 AM

Fun to see the comments from last year compared to this (2014) series.

I reckon we're gonna have some more Spurs fans turning up.

#378 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,612 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:31 AM

The greatest team ever assembled. Jesus wouldn't be starting for them, if He were still around.

#379 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,223 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:03 AM

The greatest team ever assembled. Jesus wouldn't be starting for them, if He were still around.

Just checking to see what class looks like, so I behave properly....  

#380 silent bob

silent bob

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:18 AM

Laker's still suck....

Clippers suck just a little less!

Just glad that the Laker's blew out early, and that nobody cared about the Clippers. And hoping that the jigaboos don't care about Hockey.

#381 Cement_Shoes

Cement_Shoes

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:05 AM

Laker's still suck....

Clippers suck just a little less!

Just glad that the Laker's blew out early, and that nobody cared about the Clippers. And hoping that the jigaboos don't care about Hockey.

Bitter the Clippers are trying to cut ties with your hero?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users