57 replies to this topic

#1 clamslapper

clamslapper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

The "Chicks" video posted on the front page today is so wildly inappropriate, I don't know where to begin (”This vid from Naish Kiteboarding will cheer everyone up after yesterday.” Yes. Yes it will.)  You are fucking telling me that a few modest shots of girls' bums -- with a horrrrrible soundtrack to boot -- are supposed to assuage the sting and grief of Andrew Simpson's death? 

Now, I love girls as much as anyone on these forums.  But you, Clean, are a snivelling asswipe for resorting to this tripe at such a gutwrenching, somber time. 

SA really HAS become the _National Enquirer_ of sailing.  Not in the fun way, either. 

#2 Sgt. Baker

Sgt. Baker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

Who the fuck cares what you think.  Stop complaining about everything on these boards.  No one cares for your opioin.  If you don't like it leave and start your own website.

#3 Vee

Vee

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Interests:Vendettas

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:23 PM

The "Chicks" video posted on the front page today is so wildly inappropriate, I don't know where to begin (”This vid from Naish Kiteboarding will cheer everyone up after yesterday.” Yes. Yes it will.)  You are fucking telling me that a few modest shots of girls' bums -- with a horrrrrible soundtrack to boot -- are supposed to assuage the sting and grief of Andrew Simpson's death? 

Now, I love girls as much as anyone on these forums.  But you, Clean, are a snivelling asswipe for resorting to this tripe at such a gutwrenching, somber time. 

SA really HAS become the _National Enquirer_ of sailing.  Not in the fun way, either. 

I actually thought it was OK.  Would have been much better if they had each jumped on their kite boards and done some aerial stuff tho'

Btw, thank you for changing that awful avatar of your girlfriends, wifes'......significant others bottom.  It really was quite disturbing.  Doug in a cone of shame suits you more.

#4 P_Wop

P_Wop

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:53 PM

Why don't you just take a long walk off a short dock?  It would so help us all. Put us all out of your misery, please.

#5 Snaggletooth

Snaggletooth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,538 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:57 PM

Ist is Fridaye......        :)

#6 Dawg Gonit

Dawg Gonit

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

And Scot wonders why he is not invited to anything.

I wonder what he'll post when I kick it? NAW

#7 Great Red Shark

Great Red Shark

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

Wonder how the 'models' feel about the pervy cameraman that focuses long shots on their lady-bits ?  

Somebody listens to too much Kid-Rock,  so they can watch lots of crotch.

#8 bsainsbury

bsainsbury

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:Sail boating

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:34 PM

Looked like paradise to me

#9 readyabout82

readyabout82

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Interests:boots with the furrrrrr

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:51 AM

A few hot asses will never take the pain of losing a fellow lover of the sea, but if you can't watch this without smiling there is something seriously wrong with you...

wait a second.... clamslapper... is that you craig leweck???? I knew it....

#10 Editor

Editor

Anarchist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,661 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:13 AM

he's certainly a big enough cunt to be leweck.

#11 snipe4eva

snipe4eva

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:15 AM

This is why many of us sail. Forget the silverware, the blue flags, the plaques. We compete for hot, young, females. Period. I, as many other sailors, am willing to risk life and limb to prove my manliness to the possessors of such behinds. This is natural selection, biology, completion, or what ever you may deem to call it. With out it, men would still live in caves and eat raw meat.

#12 Bump-n-Grind

Bump-n-Grind

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,329 posts
  • Interests:Boats: J35, Chesapeake 20 ,Laser , 47' ChrisCraft Commander, Mainship 34, Volkl P10's 205's, Fischer Big Stix 185's, K2 Recons, K2 Xplorers, Rosi Phantoms, other boats and powder boards to be named later

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:20 AM

Michael: Everyone does everything just to get laid.

Karen: Who said that? Freud?

Michael: No, I did.

The Big Chill (1983)

#13 readyabout82

readyabout82

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:23 AM

Speaking of hot asses, Bump-n-Grind, whatever happened to that hot animation of the bouncing cherry booty for your avatar?  I really really really really miss it. 

REALLY.

#14 roadracer

roadracer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:25 AM

i've only been posting here a few days but that message from a guy who chose a screen name "clam slapper" and had a bony ass as his avatar made me laugh out loud at the lack of self awareness.

#15 pogen

pogen

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,852 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:21 AM

i've only been posting here a few days but that message from a guy who chose a screen name "clam slapper" and had a bony ass as his avatar made me laugh out loud at the lack of self awareness.

It's  a hallmark of the site, the descent into cluelessness and self-parody.

#16 readyabout82

readyabout82

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:41 AM

so fucking fun. 

#17 3dc

3dc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Sailing Innovation

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:48 AM

This really is inappropriate! None of the girls is naked!  :lol:

#18 hughsheehy

hughsheehy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:40 AM

There are a few particular people who need cheering up after the sad events. Andrew Simpson's wife and kids, for one.  They're probably not too happy right now, and with reason.  The sudden death of a husband or father is a pretty serious thing. 

I doubt that this video will help them much.

#19 dacapo

dacapo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,583 posts
  • Interests:walks on the beach,a good book,a good cry

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:45 AM

It's  a hallmark of the site, the descent into cluelessness and self-parody.

have I gotten there yet :blink:    (the self-parody thingy...I know I'm clueless)

#20 yachtyakka

yachtyakka

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:38 AM

while it is very sad about andrew simpson, life must go on. I was waiting to sea some back flips with x rated shots as well

#21 Delta Blues

Delta Blues

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,808 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:44 PM

The three tennants of marketing: Sex sells,sex sells, sex sells.

If this company made a video of how their board is 1 oz. lighter than the competition, provides a performance advantage of .05%, comes in 5 more colors, is 2% stifffer than the competition - NO ONE would be talking about the ad.  This is a perfect example that sex sells, it did in the past, it does today and always will in the future.

#22 JumpingJax

JumpingJax

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • Interests:Offshore passages, new landfalls

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

At least they're better bums than your "bum of the month" avatar was.  Good riddance.  I still say you should be out in CA helping Hotrod instead of whining about our chicks.  We like our Sailing Enquirer.  And if Hotrod's launch goes badly it may be your fault for not helping. 

#23 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,485 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

But you, Clean, are a snivelling asswipe for resorting to this tripe at such a gutwrenching, somber time. 

Huh?

#24 floating dutchman

floating dutchman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

This really is inappropriate! None of the girls is naked!  :lol:

Come on, I'm a not so old "dirty old man".  Blood was running to the right places.  what it had to do with sailing I'm not so sure.

#25 Kevlar Edge

Kevlar Edge

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

But you, Clean, are a snivelling asswipe for resorting to this tripe at such a gutwrenching, somber time. 

Huh?

I said the same thing, this guys has lost his mind or he took some of the brown acid. Either way keep him around for the pure joy of having some fool to laugh at.

#26 Bump-n-Grind

Bump-n-Grind

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,329 posts
  • Interests:Boats: J35, Chesapeake 20 ,Laser , 47' ChrisCraft Commander, Mainship 34, Volkl P10's 205's, Fischer Big Stix 185's, K2 Recons, K2 Xplorers, Rosi Phantoms, other boats and powder boards to be named later

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:57 PM

Speaking of hot asses, Bump-n-Grind, whatever happened to that hot animation of the bouncing cherry booty for your avatar?  I really really really really miss it. 

REALLY.

me too.. but the last "upgrade" to these forums disable the animated gif function for avatars.

a shame really. the avatars were some of the best contect on this site

#27 Todesfisch

Todesfisch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Flying
    Sailing
    Mathematics
    Whatever

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

It's a creepy video of the highest order, and lowers SA in many ways (which is already extremely low brow). Advertisers must not care, yet.

#28 DMM

DMM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, curling, golf, programming, stock market, cute young women

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

Well, of course its inappropriate to make a lame attempt to connect a fun, semi-sexy, blatantly sexist video, to a tragic fatality.  Inappropriate is what SA does and has always done.   I just wish they would quit clogging up the site all the actual sailing news.

If Scott ever develops any common editorial sense, I'll have to subscribe to a sailing magazine.

#29 clamslapper

clamslapper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

Huh?

Good lord.  I mean Scott.  Nothing like the "ready-fire-aim" tactic.  That was ridiculous and I do 'pologize.

#30 Dawg Gonit

Dawg Gonit

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

This is why many of us sail. Forget the silverware, the blue flags, the plaques. We compete for hot, young, females. Period.

That is the funniest thing I have read in a while. You must be in college.

There are few clubs I have been to where there an abundance of ass like the vid close ups on.

I sail because I love sailing and have since my first sail at 9 years old. girls have nothing to do with why I sail. They are frosting on the cake if they are there.

If SA were not such Frat House like, it might be taken more seriously. It is nothing more than an advertising vehicle.

Website Traffic does not equal sport/industry leadership. It means you had hard working people to help develop and keep running the place.

#31 Somebody Else

Somebody Else

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,973 posts
  • Interests:Shootings, just like HotRod!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:51 PM

The "Chicks" video posted on the front page today is so wildly inappropriate, I don't know where to begin

You know what, clamslapper?

You're broken.

You're so far beyond your warranty there's no fixing you.

#32 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,110 posts
  • Location:I'm in Sunny..-. Warm..& ..Dry San Diego . and your not :-)
  • Interests:Prime + 1 3/4

COUGARS COUGARS & More COUGARS

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:02 PM

Huh?

Can you post sum PIX of Haut Chicks from Auckland ??

What do they call a Haut Chick in NZL = Tourist   :o :lol: :lol: :lol:  

PS I'm too old to hold out for teh TNZ-AC Video  B)

#33 chinabald

chinabald

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:31 PM

I don't know if it cheered me up, but it didn't hurt.

I watched it 4 times just to see if it would make me angry. Nope my mood did get better with each viewing.

#34 NorCalLaser

NorCalLaser

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

theres nothing sexist about it...  if anything it casts women musicians in a poor light w/ that god awful soundtrack.  still the OP is a whiner

#35 sailmakered

sailmakered

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

FUCK THE FUCKING FUCKERS!!!

#36 excollegesailor

excollegesailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:31 PM

Let's remember, sailing anarchy is the swamp donkey of sailing media.  You go to other places for real stuff, but, on those late lonely nights when you know there is nothing left around, you find yourself back here.

#37 RATM

RATM

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • Interests:My Grandchildren

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:18 PM

To the SA Editor and Webmaster

The original poster, "Clamslapper", should be called out here. Not too long ago, I read some sniveling post of theirs and noticed that his/her profile picture was of a head down/ ass up woman. Great thong and a great ass. Would you guys be able to pull the image out of some backup and post it?

It's a great video as long as you remember that each of those girls has a father. Treat all women as if they are your own daughters.

#38 Snaggletooth

Snaggletooth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,538 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:21 PM

FUCK THE FUCKING FUCKERS!!!

Ime am thicking thisse maye go on a t-shirte.

#39 Dawg Gonit

Dawg Gonit

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:32 PM

Let's remember, sailing anarchy is the swamp donkey of sailing media.  You go to other places for real stuff, but, on those late lonely nights when you know there is nothing left around, you find yourself back here.

That is so True, "Donkey of Sailing Media"

Even after Scot told me I would get a nice 6 figure (?00,000) check way back in 2007, I am still here (on and off)

After reading your post and reflecting on how long I have know Scot. The "Donkey of Sailing Media" is so approraite given the facts that Scot sank to such lows he was below the gutter, then raised himself up (by way of AA), got in touch with me and SA was born. Then he fell off the wagon and well, I'd say the donkey is riding him. and He complains that he is left out.

Scot, please step in my shoes for a few days. OH, I don't wear shoes any more.

Life sucks then we die.

#40 Gouvernail

Gouvernail

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,765 posts
  • Interests:margaritas, hippie chicks, durable flying discs for retriever dog play

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:11 AM

Bullshit!!!! Life's just fucking dandy.

You need to sail more

#41 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,475 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:47 AM

Gosh darn it, Clean.  This outrageous outrage outrages me outrageously.  Some of us try to avoid having our tender sensibilities offended, and you have to run off and post sensitive tenderbits all up in our face, hardly covered and so taut that the prudent mariner wouldn't risk bouncing a quarter off of them without wearing safety glasses.  Some of us try to manage our more prurient interests, not feed them biker crank.  The weaker members of the audience will shirley be left trying to get a grip on things.  Know that it is no idle threat when I say that those who are offended may well take their balls and find other playgrounds...assuming they can find them. 

I put it to you, Clean....  Is that really the best that you can do?  If the answer to that is "no, that video is nowhere near the best that I can do", I encourage you to prove it.  (If the answer is "yes", I must say that it is pretty damned impressive.)

#42 guetwisted

guetwisted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:01 AM

Made me smile.  I didn't know Andrew Simpson, but from everything I've read I think it might have made him smile too.

When I cash in my chips I hope everyone drinks too much, jumps in the pool naked, posts questionable videos (remember some people should never be seen naked) &, being unable too remember much of it in the morning, starts all over again the next day.  I hope everyone celebrates life.

Via con Dios Senjor Simpson

#43 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,110 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:24 AM

Gosh darn it, Clean.  This outrageous outrage outrages me outrageously.  Some of us try to avoid having our tender sensibilities offended, and you have to run off and post sensitive tenderbits all up in our face, hardly covered and so taut that the prudent mariner wouldn't risk bouncing a quarter off of them without wearing safety glasses.  Some of us try to manage our more prurient interests, not feed them biker crank.  The weaker members of the audience will shirley be left trying to get a grip on things.  Know that it is no idle threat when I say that those who are offended may well take their balls and find other playgrounds...assuming they can find them. 

I put it to you, Clean....  Is that really the best that you can do?  If the answer to that is "no, that video is nowhere near the best that I can do", I encourage you to prove it.  (If the answer is "yes", I must say that it is pretty damned impressive.)

59782_488746517841655_1646119171_n.jpg

#44 Thing1

Thing1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Kats and Kites

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:27 AM

Bit of a have really, the boards didn't look that interesting.

#45 Marcjsmith

Marcjsmith

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

Death....  in 2011, it happened 6700 times every  day in the USA.....I'm sure many deaths seemed senseless...

If we went on a 4 day mourning bender everytime someone died,  Life would really suck....

Nice to see hot asses  that you could bounce a quarter off and make change.... and not get judged as a creepy guy leering in public...

remember...."the internet is for porn...grab your dick and double click"

#46 2slow

2slow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

Made me smile.  I didn't know Andrew Simpson, but from everything I've read I think it might have made him smile too.

When I cash in my chips I hope everyone drinks too much, jumps in the pool naked, posts questionable videos (remember some people should never be seen naked) &, being unable too remember much of it in the morning, starts all over again the next day.  I hope everyone celebrates life.

very well said

#47 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,110 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:08 PM

942649_538588129517631_167624360_n.jpg

#48 By the lee

By the lee

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:05 PM

There are a few particular people who need cheering up after the sad events. Andrew Simpson's wife and kids, for one.  They're probably not too happy right now, and with reason.  The sudden death of a husband or father is a pretty serious thing. 

I doubt that this video will help them much.

+1

IMHO linking, no matter how obliquely, soft-core titillation and this tragedy was inappropriate.

#49 sammy_cda

sammy_cda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:15 PM

I just watched it for the third time to try and figure out what people are objecting to.  I'm still missing something.  Maybe I should watch it again?

#50 readyabout82

readyabout82

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:24 AM

yes. watch it again. pay attention this time

#51 Capt MArc

Capt MArc

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:14 PM

To the OP:

"Lighten up Francis"

#52 Geff

Geff

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:15 PM

Even to this day, I am smiling when I watch it.  My friend had a very rough day today with his boss and soon to be ex wife, who are hanging out together...yeah, no man creds whatsoever.  Showed it to him, he smiled and now can't stop smiling and is in a much better mood.

#53 hobot

hobot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,004 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:40 PM

52 posts and not one link to this disturbing video?

Really? I'm going to have to actually visit the Front Page?

what the F**k has happened to this place?

#54 pogen

pogen

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,852 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:25 AM

52 posts and not one link to this disturbing video?

Really? I'm going to have to actually visit the Front Page?

what the F**k has happened to this place?

Yes, yes you are quite right.  Don't visit the FP, you might accidentally read the "Where's the Leader" piece and spike your blood pressure.

#55 Silver_Surfer

Silver_Surfer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:? sailing,surfing,

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:30 AM

Being in SF and watching with great anticipation the building of the public stages and stores along the embarcadaro. Seeing the Oracle AC72 suddenly appear and flash by the marina greens and getting a feeling of "can't wait for AC to start" it was quite a punch to the stomach when I heard what had happened. I feel terrible for this young man and his family. Coming to SA and finding out what happened and reading responses from fellow members can be a release from the reality of what happened and the clip on chicks is just that, a diversion Just for a little bit. And I for one throughly enjoyed the diversion! Life goes on

#56 yowie

yowie

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:17 PM

http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be

This pair are definitely SCOTW as well as 49-er FX material.

#57 islanderboy32

islanderboy32

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:59 PM

+1

#58 Dawg Gonit

Dawg Gonit

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:56 AM

I've always wondered where I could get a remote control like this

Attached File  remote control.jpg   39.64K   47 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users