10 replies to this topic

#1 VagabundoII

VagabundoII

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

Hi guys, first post here

Just thought I'd introduce the Vagabonds and a Classic to this modern circle. In antigua at the moment. On our way back to the med soon for the regatta season. A short clip of leg 4 of our voyage last year. Hopefully see you out there!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=50YTfBWhZRI

Vagabond

#2 blurr123

blurr123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:lightnings

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:56 AM

Great footage!  How big are those waves crashing into the cockpit?   Upload more to youtube!

#3 Remodel

Remodel

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,435 posts
  • Interests:Sailboat racing and long distance cruising

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:48 PM

Beautiful boat.

What's it rate...

#4 VagabundoII

VagabundoII

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:43 PM

Thankyou dude. We were hitting the late 16s

The wave height was pretty big at times, the fish eye lense of the go pro really iron them out. I have a few short clips on my ipad which give a much more accurate impression. My best friend Sam on board is from Jersey and had done the channel many times, so it was great to have him, did saywhilst climbing out the hatch "look at the size of that wave" in a humbling tone. We all agreed when we were back on shore that they were the biggest we had ever seen, but that said, it was far more comfortable than what we sore in the golf du lion. We were hammerd there.

The cool thing is theres more footage of that stom in biscay as we were in lisbon at the same time as the 2012 volvo ocean race. We left the day before they left for thier leg 8. lisbon rounding the azores and crossing biscay to finish in Lorient.

We the day before they started and headed up to A Corunia, then  they started and completed in four days entering biscay on thier day 3, day four of our trip so they crossed only just north of us according to our log and arrived due to being rapid! Quite some time before we got to falmouth.

The video is here  http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QTjr2kigmUc and its sick! 

#5 kgw

kgw

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:52 PM

Great work if you can get it!! ;)

#6 sailSAK

sailSAK

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,594 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:01 AM

Bad ass!  Nice jibe at 3:50.  Wooden spars or are they faux wood?  Either way well done.

#7 VagabundoII

VagabundoII

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:21 PM

She's all wood, theres more info on here here http://www.germanfre...stauration.html.

#8 No.6

No.6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,175 posts
  • Interests:Danger

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:32 PM

Great stuff. Thanks.

#9 islanderboy32

islanderboy32

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:52 PM

Great stuff - did the same passage many moons ago. All I can say is the boat I was on was nowhere near as beautiful as yours.

Cheers!

#10 VagabundoII

VagabundoII

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

Thank you guys, looking foreward to the med sason now your all welcome to a sail if your in the area.

#11 VagabundoII

VagabundoII

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:04 PM

Another few clips of a storm with smaller waives but shot with my poor I pad which doesn’t iron out the sea as much, of course with both videos its more the beginning and end of the weather system. This one we had to climb for 2 days before we could crack off for Palma and this is where we most all of our (entirely electrical) problems as it was first trip of the season. After arriving in Palma it was up wind or no wind all the way to Biscay. Bummer   :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=tn0RLFAQ1mA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users