Transpac

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ChefSailor

ChefSailor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Travel, Cooking, Science, Literature, Massage & the Healing Arts, Surfing, Snowboarding, Hiking, Swimming, Music, Finance

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:07 PM

30 year old sailor currintly in Hawaii with 10 years experience and one pacific crossing (LA to Hilo, 2012) looking for a chef/steward/crew position for the 2013 Transpac and/or a Return Delivery Crew Chef Position.

5'10'', 160 lbs, healthy & able bodied seaman, excellent adaptable diverse chef with provisioning & rationing experience

Tyler Woodard

tylersurf@gmail.com

808-258-8961

----------------------------------

A letter of Reference:

To Whom it may concern,

It is with great pleasure that I write this letter of recommendation for Tyler Woodard.

After a recent 17 day yacht delivery from California to Hawaii, people ask me...

How was it?
What was the best part of your trip?

Well I pause for a moment and think...

Hmmm......
The amazing beauty and perfection of the ocean?
Was it beautiful sunrises and sets?
Sailing to the worlds most remote island chain?

I then say... "It was the food!".

Not just the delicious, healthy ,creative, thought provoking, living meals Tyler prepared but also the great attitude and team spirit that came along with, always  a smile and a story in those recipes too!  

Did I mention he's a great sailor?

He's also a Sommelier/Wine Expert/Mixologist, A Masseur. (massage chair will travel)  and musicologist/he's gotta well stocked Ipod with music for any mood.

Challenging weather conditions... no problem. Tyler has what it takes to keep an offshore crew fed even during heavy weather, he makes  logical and practical decisions that work and he stands a watch as well.

Challenging provisions... no problem. Tyler joined the crew at the last minute
and had to deal basically with what was on board the boat, at time taking what looks like random food items and composing amazing meals from them.

From the practical to cutting edge gourmet meals... guess who? 

This guy has forever changed the way I work in my own "galley" and my diet will never be the same again!

Catch my drift amigos?

I could go on and on... but let's just leave it like this.

Working with Tyler Woodard has been a great experience on many levels and I look forward to sailing with him again in the future!

Aloha,

Captain Mark
yachtwhisperer@gmail.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Transpac

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users