6 replies to this topic

#1 arcpix

arcpix

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:09 AM

Top Tick ready to go at the dock.  Looking forward to our first practice race on Wednesday.

Attached Thumbnails

• Top Tick.rev.jpg

#2 Left Hook

Left Hook

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,202 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:23 AM

J/30, Great choice!! You're going to love sailing her. 

#3 SailMoore1

SailMoore1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Sailboats

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:16 AM

Looks like she is in great shape based on the exterior photo. Enjoy, they are great boats.

#4 chaos!341

chaos!341

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:Sailing and fishing

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:41 PM

Great boat....you'll enjoy sailing and racing it....they are a delightful boat to sail...

not bad for cruising for a week or two with just your significant other with you...

whats the hull number?

my first one was 197 and it had all the stuff like hot and cold pressure water and a gimbled propane stove as well as shore power.

my newer one is 341...i have had to install all the extras that came with my first j30....

#5 arcpix

arcpix

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:00 PM

Hull no. 24. Previous owner took fantastic care of her and we have completed a few upgrades since we got her last fall. First sail is tomorrow. Looking forward to it big time. Wife cannot go but my sons and two very close friends will be on board. Sailing out of Milwaukee Yacht Club on Lake Michigan.

#6 chaos!341

chaos!341

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:Sailing and fishing

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

The surveyor up in annapolis that surveyed my boat told me the very early hull numbers and the later hull numbers, 300+ had fewer blistering issues if any...

my boat had never been "sealed" for some reason and some scattered pencil point blisters in the gel coat...

we sand blasted the bottom carefully, then sealed the boat with 3 coats of 2000, ran over it with a "da" sander and were good to go with 3 coats of baltoplate...

i pulled the boat for it's "annual" inspection and bottom paint...

was pleasently surprised that there was no more sign of blistering...

good luck with your boat and enjoy...the 30 is fun to sail and very forgiving....

#7 arcpix

arcpix

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:53 PM

Bottom on Top Tick is nearly perfect.  We may do a little detailing on the keel in fall but everything else looked and felt as smooth as could be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users