• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 coelacanth2

coelacanth2

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fishing, sailing gardening and exposing my son to all of the above

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:27 AM

Well, we have Benghazi, the Justice Dept./AP affair, and Sibelius kinda sorta shaking down the insurance companies that she's going to help regulate ( nice insurance company you have there. Be too bad if something bad happened to it. BTW - you didn't build that). That's enough to keep several news organizations busy.
And if anyone feels left out or was a bit slow out of the gate on these latest revelations, there's always Fast and Furious which could use a revisiting and some real digging ...

#2 VwaP

VwaP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts
  • Interests:Private investigator by day party gurl by night

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:36 AM

http://obamascandals...ndals-list.html

#3 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,757 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:42 AM

Well, we have Benghazi, the Justice Dept./AP affair, and Sibelius kinda sorta shaking down the insurance companies that she's going to help regulate ( nice insurance company you have there. Be too bad if something bad happened to it. BTW - you didn't build that). That's enough to keep several news organizations busy.
And if anyone feels left out or was a bit slow out of the gate on these latest revelations, there's always Fast and Furious which could use a revisiting and some real digging ...

You forgot the IRS.

#4 Mike G

Mike G

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:45 AM

You forgot the IRS.

And the birth-certificate thingy.

#5 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,757 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:48 AM

You forgot the IRS.

Hillary should never have brought that up.

#6 Mike G

Mike G

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:03 AM

You forgot the IRS.

Hillary should never have brought that up.

There are those that think quantity, no matter the validity, replaces quality.

I just wanted to bring that up.

COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS!!!

#7 d'ranger

d'ranger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,951 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:04 AM

May I suggest "Blame It on Barack Obama"  to the tune of "Blame it on the Bossa Nova" 

It should be a huge hit especially with those who still suffer from the rash of wearing their Bush Supporter too long.

#8 Bent Sailor

Bent Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts
  • Interests:Sailing
    Software Development
    A Good Yarn with Mates

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:21 AM

Cos presidents never had scandals before 2009...

TpUE29w.gif

#9 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,757 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:22 AM

May I suggest "Blame It on Barack Obama" to the tune of "Blame it on the Bossa Nova"

It should be a huge hit especially with those who still suffer from the rash of wearing their Bush Supporter too long.

Well, the blame on bush seems to have lasted for about 13 years now. It's time for a new model.

#10 coelacanth2

coelacanth2

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fishing, sailing gardening and exposing my son to all of the above

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:50 AM

Sorry Saorsa, forgot about that one in all the hurly-burly.
I'm not going to the birthplace thing - I figure some last-to-the-table reporter will resurrect it in a few months when some other stuff starts to stick and maybe a few folks do the perp walk.
I do not agree with many of the present admin's policies and think that the President is far too ideologically driven ( by philosophies I find unsettling) but a full bore impeachment and conviction followed by removal would be bad for the country. Far better that the perps be ousted and the truly guilty punished appropriately and that he spend his declining days in office as an example of hubris. Followed by a quiet exit to an ignored retirement. He's still_probably_ better than "President Biden" and may indeed be depending on that to save himself.

Of course if the republicans can dig up enough stuff on Joe and strip him off like Agnew ...

#11 coelacanth2

coelacanth2

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:59 AM

The above of course depends on how irritAted the MSM are with the IRS and AP phone records things. The press selected and elected Obama, but have been feeling neglected of late. If he's willing to give some pressers and deign to kiss a few whatevers they'll likely make up n

#12 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,156 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:24 AM

Ratings sweeps ends on the 22nd. Should settle down a bit after that. 

#13 Gouvernail

Gouvernail

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,924 posts
  • Interests:margaritas, hippie chicks, durable flying discs for retriever dog play

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:30 AM

You forgot the IRS.

and he is black and from the other political party

#14 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,890 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

Don't forget Iraq and Afghanistan, Gitmo, etc. those are his now.

#15 coelacanth2

coelacanth2

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

Dingdingdingding! Just a few polls in and we hear _that_ fleer.

What do you call it when a government agency selectively targets a group for harassment? If it's Jewish conservative and pro-Israel groups that's anti-Semitism and (wait for it...)

RAAAAAAAAAAAAACIST.

This should trigger an appearance by Gator. You wanna be on the same side as Gator, Gouv?

#16 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,890 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:44 AM

You forgot the IRS.
That's an interesting question, even though I'm not a Birther. (Ps: I didn't inhale.)

#17 2slow

2slow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

The only people bringing up the birther thing are Obama supporters, it is pretty obvious why, at least to me.

#18 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,757 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:20 AM

The only people bringing up the birther thing are Obama supporters, it is pretty obvious why, at least to me.

Pretty much like all the atheists quoting scripture.

#19 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,890 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

When policy panders to the same small audience, expect people to notice.  The Benghazi circus isn't about making diplomats safer, that investigation and report was done long ago.  This silliness is about pandering to roughly the same audience that thought (thinks?) Obummer is a Kenyan, and that demanding that he release his original birth certificate after he had long-since released a copy was an appropriate request.   

AP issue?  Could be a scandal.  IRS?  Could be a scandal.  Benghazi ver. 2013?  Circus act.  

#20 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,634 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

When policy panders to the same small audience, expect people to notice.  The Benghazi circus isn't about making diplomats safer, that investigation and report was done long ago.  This silliness is about pandering to roughly the same audience that thought (thinks?) Obummer is a Kenyan, and that demanding that he release his original birth certificate after he had long-since released a copy was an appropriate request.   

AP issue?  Could be a scandal.  IRS?  Could be a scandal.  Benghazi ver. 2013?  Circus act.  

And Obama's the one wearing the size 26 red shoes.

I agree that nothing being discussed right now has anything to do with security.  Hopefully some valuable lessons were learned.  At this point it is about the administration lying about what hapenned and why.

Do you think there should be a statute of limitations on situations like this?  A point at which if a lie hasn't been found out we should simply give a president a pass?  That seems like it would encourage future presidents to lie even more than they have in the past.

#21 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,485 posts
  • Interests:Subhuman Mongrels in momjeans

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

What?  Fast and Furious is chopped liver now?  Talk about outrage ADD.

#22 GRUMPY

GRUMPY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,706 posts
  • Interests:Hobie Miracle 20

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:12 PM

And there you go, calling yourself "2slow" an' all! :P

#23 Dog

Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,705 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

#24 Chuck D.

Chuck D.

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,510 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

Not to mention all of the other outrage's du jour. Where'd they all go?

#25 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,634 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:02 PM

Obama's been very good at deflection, but will he be able to juggle this many crises at once?  Time will tell.

Some of his pals in the media don't seem too keen on turning a blind eye and as things heat up even more I would expect to see some of his friends on the Hill distance themselves to try and survive the midterms.

#26 kmccabe

kmccabe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,524 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:31 PM

yea, what was up with that closed door press briefing on Benghazi on Friday?

wonder what happened? did they all synch their 'news'?

#27 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,156 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:21 PM

Obama is going to take our guns. Count on it. 

#28 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,757 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

yea, what was up with that closed door press briefing on Benghazi on Friday?

wonder what happened? did they all synch their 'news'?

You gotta admit, a closed door press briefing from the most tranparent administration ever, ever, EVER is fucking hilarious.

#29 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,890 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:23 PM

Sharia Law.  Any day now.  

TYirsx6.gif

#30 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,485 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:43 AM

You see, I think its a devious plan.

Put all these bullshit scandals out so the GOP gets distracted while they (Obama and his minions) work on really bad stuff.

Let the loons scream, while the real work continues.  total smoke screen.

Its brilliant I say.  Brilliant.

Face it loons, you have been played.

#31 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,156 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:07 AM

Haven't heard about that one in awhile. Issa's Part 3 of the fourth report of the results of the 12th round of investigations should have been complete by now. Has something happened to Tom?   

#32 Tom Ray

Tom Ray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,296 posts
  • Interests:~~/)/)~~

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:48 AM

Haven't heard about that one in awhile. Issa's Part 3 of the fourth report of the results of the 12th round of investigations should have been complete by now. Has something happened to Tom?   

Like the Inspector General, the Oversight Committee has been denied access to individuals and documents, but the problem is that they keep asking, not the lack of sunshine, huh?

The current story is the lawsuit over that power struggle. Update here:

http://forums.sailin...20246&p=4119139

#33 B.J. Porter

B.J. Porter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,684 posts
  • Interests:Hallberg-Rassy 53 "Evenstar"

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:51 AM

Obama's been very good at deflection, but will he be able to juggle this many crises at once?  Time will tell.

Some of his pals in the media don't seem too keen on turning a blind eye and as things heat up even more I would expect to see some of his friends on the Hill distance themselves to try and survive the midterms.

The question is - is he as good as Clinton was at dealing with the manufactured crisis and bogus fabricated scandals?

Hopefully better, because I was disappointed how time much Clinton dealing with Newt's political schemes instead of running the country.

#34 tybee

tybee

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:55 AM

just pointing out the stupidity of those who believe in fairy tales. 

#35 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,156 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:12 AM

Like the Inspector General, the Oversight Committee has been denied access to individuals and documents, but the problem is that they keep asking, not the lack of sunshine, huh?

The current story is the lawsuit over that power struggle. Update here:

http://forums.sailin...20246&p=4119139

It's not winning the competition for coverage anymore. Displaced by some pretty silly stuff too. Not sure if that is meaningful or not, it's hard to imagine FOX going over to the Dark Side. 

#36 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,757 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:38 AM

If I saw a lot of folks quoting scripture to make a point, that might be good.

Unfortunately, nobody is doing that.  Seems the atheists want to argue against a point nobody is raising.

Pretty dumb, eh?

#37 B.J. Porter

B.J. Porter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,684 posts
  • Interests:Hallberg-Rassy 53 "Evenstar"

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:21 PM

Just imagine someone having the audacity to use the document that people claim to base their faith on to point out their hypocrisy and undermine their arguments!  So unfair!

#38 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,485 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:33 PM

If you don't believe the Bible is the word of God, you shouldn't be allowed to read it, much less cite it.

#39 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,757 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

Just imagine someone having the audacity to use the document that people claim to base their faith on to point out their hypocrisy and undermine their arguments!  So unfair!

If they were quoting scripture to make the point, you might have one.

#40 d'ranger

d'ranger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,951 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:17 PM

On the bright side these scandals have shifted PA from the endless droning of gun threads. 

Always look on the bright side of life.                                                   of Brian.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users