5 replies to this topic

#1 SR CHIEF (RET)

SR CHIEF (RET)

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:53 AM

Racks and wings on  TP 52s along with figure 8 race cses , multi nation challenges, fast boats, onboard cameras, and  rational budgets in near shore stadium racing so spectators can view allowing great video shots for world wide TV audiences where millions will watch... The Australians have been doing this for YEARS with 18 foot skiffs!  

I dropped in the AC thread and  several folks are going after Clean and the Ed., for the FP story on Team Artemis for going silent ...  Its SAILING ANARCHY, the current AC is a joke and has been reduced to 100 MILLION campaigns , thought LE's vision was  the opposite? Dalts called fellow countrymen Coutts out last week in NZ for the arms race , and I have to agree.

Andrew Simpson's death as tragic as it is we all recognize the inherent risk of going to sea .  Every ambulance chasing lawyer in the bay area is foaming at the mouth for a call or a lead, Team Artemis is lawyered up and it looks like Oracle and the Kiwi's  will defend and challenge, Jobson will commentate, Stan Honey's yellow line will be visible on your TV screen, and when the sailing ends 1 Billion was spent on platforms with wings that will eventually see their demise in garbage dumpsters?  RIP, Bart,  thanks Ed. and Clean, the Status Quo Blows...

#2 SR CHIEF (RET)

SR CHIEF (RET)

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:12 AM

And witnessing this current train wreck of the current AC72 design, pretty sure if the breeze is kick'in above 25 sustained , a Hobie 16 , sailed by middle aged stoners would get around the race cse, faster and safer!

#3 nroose

nroose

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:25 AM

I am guessing that Cayard has been talking to the team and to the family of the late Mr. Simpson.  And it wouldn't be the AC without lawyers.

I would love to be bombing around the bay on a Hobie (16, 18, whatever!), but the well sorted boats are sailing very well.  Artemis themselves admitted that they were behind the 8 ball.  That is a bad place to be on a AC72.

I sure hope that AC34 can survive this and have a good summer of safe racing on the bay.

Oh, and for the German AC45 team to bow out over this is a little bit ridiculous.  The AC45s are not on the same edge.  Perhaps they were looking for an excuse, and perhaps they were bitter about something else, but that would suck.

#4 us7070

us7070

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,698 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:05 AM

the fact that I wrote in the other thread that i think the FP article is a made-up "controversy" is in no way an endorsement of the status quo w.r.t. the AC.

The truth is I don't give a damn about the AC - it has nothing to do with the sport I practice, and I have almost no interest in it.

#5 Touch of Gray

Touch of Gray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts
  • Interests:SA

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

Racks and wings on  TP 52s along with figure 8 race cses , multi nation challenges, fast boats, onboard cameras, and  rational budgets in near shore stadium racing so spectators can view allowing great video shots for world wide TV audiences where millions will watch... The Australians have been doing this for YEARS with 18 foot skiffs!  

I dropped in the AC thread and  several folks are going after Clean and the Ed., for the FP story on Team Artemis for going silent ...  Its SAILING ANARCHY, the current AC is a joke and has been reduced to 100 MILLION campaigns , thought LE's vision was  the opposite? Dalts called fellow countrymen Coutts out last week in NZ for the arms race , and I have to agree.

Andrew Simpson's death as tragic as it is we all recognize the inherent risk of going to sea .  Every ambulance chasing lawyer in the bay area is foaming at the mouth for a call or a lead, Team Artemis is lawyered up and it looks like Oracle and the Kiwi's  will defend and challenge, Jobson will commentate, Stan Honey's yellow line will be visible on your TV screen, and when the sailing ends 1 Billion was spent on platforms with wings that will eventually see their demise in garbage dumpsters?  RIP, Bart,  thanks Ed. and Clean, the Status Quo Blows...

Shit, save a ton, buy back all the old 1D 48's reconfigure back to water ballasted, add square tops, asyms, save a ton of $'s.  Just sayin.

TOG

#6 nroose

nroose

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:11 AM

Shit, save a ton, buy back all the old 1D 48's reconfigure back to water ballasted, add square tops, asyms, save a ton of $'s.  Just sayin.

TOG

If you want mono sleds, I think the stp65s would be nice.  A decent long course at a windy venue.  A little more than the 52s.  A lot more than the 48s.  Each team gets to design and build as many as they want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users