Obama wiretaped House of Rep. Cloak Room (claims Cali. Congressman)

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 jetboy

jetboy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:05 PM

If this has legs - it's going to get a lot worse for Obama.  Wiretapping the press is bad.  Wiretapping congress is a hell of a lot worse.

http://libertyfirewa...d-congress-too/

#2 Olsonist

Olsonist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,269 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:40 PM

spaghetti_on_the_wall.jpg

#3 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,134 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

Fuck! you people get loonier by the minute:

The DOJ admitted to obtaining call records from a phone used by the AP in the House press gallery, which is … different from tapping a room used by congressmen to talk shop. How Nunes confused the two, I have no idea. He recovers a bit, sort of, at the end of the excerpt when he pivots back to phone records, but I don’t know how he got from point A to point B in that conversation. His office is now “clarifying” what he said:

What Rep. Nunes meant by “tapped” was that the DOJ seized the phone records, as has been widely reported. There was a little confusion between him and the host during the conversation: He did not mean to refer to phone records of the cloakroom itself, but of the Capitol. This refers to the phone records for the AP from the House press gallery, which the DOJ admitted to looking at. He was explaining that if those phone records were seized, they would reveal a lot of conversations between the press and members of Congress, since reporters often speak to Members from the press gallery phones. The notion of the DOJ looking at phone records from the Capitol of conversations between Members of Congress and reporters is something that concerns Rep. Nunes, bringing up issues related to the separation of powers.

So he was sloppy in confusing obtaining phone records for wiretapping, and what he meant by the cloakroom is that, I guess, if a congressman in the room called up to an AP reporter in the press gallery, the DOJ would know about it from the gallery phone’s records. That’s a legit separation of powers question, but hyping a claim into something explosive and then having to walk it back risks creating an impression that reaction to what the actually DOJ did is overblown. It isn’t. Careful, please.

http://hotair.com/ar...ives-cloakroom/

#4 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,314 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:43 PM

9loEK5k.gif

#5 d'ranger

d'ranger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,395 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:00 PM

Well after all it is called the Cloak Room.  Anybody could have made that mistake.  At least any of the anybodies falling out the trees right now.  I blame the loose nuts on Obama.

#6 Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Sol No-Ebola Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,314 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:01 PM

"Autocorrect changes "omg" to "OMG", making me seem a lot more excited than I really am. Thanks Obama."

#7 benwynn

benwynn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,022 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:14 PM

Biz partner just asked what the hell I'm laughing so hard about in here.

#8 No.6

No.6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts
  • Interests:Danger

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

Just a guess here but I should think that certain areas and offices are regularly swept for listening devices and that this is a bunch of whooie.

#9 Olsonist

Olsonist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,269 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:37 PM

take_a_bow.gif

#10 One of Five

One of Five

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,393 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:45 PM

lovely graphic. 

#11 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,442 posts
  • Interests:Voltramax

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:21 AM

Fuck! you people get loonier by the minute:

The DOJ admitted to obtaining call records from a phone used by the AP in the House press gallery, which is … different from tapping a room used by congressmen to talk shop. How Nunes confused the two, I have no idea. He recovers a bit, sort of, at the end of the excerpt when he pivots back to phone records, but I don’t know how he got from point A to point B in that conversation. His office is now “clarifying” what he said:

What Rep. Nunes meant by “tapped” was that the DOJ seized the phone records, as has been widely reported. There was a little confusion between him and the host during the conversation: He did not mean to refer to phone records of the cloakroom itself, but of the Capitol. This refers to the phone records for the AP from the House press gallery, which the DOJ admitted to looking at. He was explaining that if those phone records were seized, they would reveal a lot of conversations between the press and members of Congress, since reporters often speak to Members from the press gallery phones. The notion of the DOJ looking at phone records from the Capitol of conversations between Members of Congress and reporters is something that concerns Rep. Nunes, bringing up issues related to the separation of powers.

So he was sloppy in confusing obtaining phone records for wiretapping, and what he meant by the cloakroom is that, I guess, if a congressman in the room called up to an AP reporter in the press gallery, the DOJ would know about it from the gallery phone’s records. That’s a legit separation of powers question, but hyping a claim into something explosive and then having to walk it back risks creating an impression that reaction to what the actually DOJ did is overblown. It isn’t. Careful, please.

http://hotair.com/ar...ives-cloakroom/

A GOP congressman getting confused by facts?  

stunned-and-shocked.gif

#12 VwaP

VwaP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts
  • Interests:Private investigator by day party gurl by night

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:25 AM

Men who are physically strong are more likely to have right wing political views
Weaker men more likely to support welfare state and wealth redistribution
Link may reflect psychological traits that evolved in our ancestors
Strength was a proxy for ability to defend or acquire resources
There is no link between women's physical strength and political views
By EMMA INNES

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2TVMcoTkl

#13 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,949 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:09 AM

Bush's fault.

#14 VwaP

VwaP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts
  • Interests:Private investigator by day party gurl by night

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:42 AM

George Bush Declares War on Spaghetti

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=6xHgt-E1-bg

#15 benwynn

benwynn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,022 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:09 AM

Men who are physically strong are more likely to have right wing political views
By EMMA INNES

Men who are physically strong are also more likely to get a job mixing concrete.

#16 benwynn

benwynn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,022 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:13 AM

Bush's fault.

That is sooo yesterday.  It's Obama's fault now.  Even if that splatter has been on the wall for 9 years.  

And pointing out how long it's been there?  That's called "blame".

#17 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,949 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:16 AM

Bush's fault.

That is sooo yesterday.  It's Obama's fault now.  Even if that splatter has been on the wall for 9 years.  

And pointing out how long it's been there?  That's called "blame".

Imagine!

#18 JBSF

JBSF

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,674 posts
  • Interests:Racing, diving, cycling, flying, pussy, shooting and any other action sports.

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:29 AM

Just a guess here but I should think that certain areas and offices are regularly swept for listening devices and that this is a bunch of whooie.

Now that any cell phone can be turned into a bug..... how hard would it be to wiretap congress?  Just sayin'

#19 TheFlash

TheFlash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,010 posts
  • Interests:Rum

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

Me thinks Congressman Nunes, from Fresno, may have been speaking to some AP reporters, and is nervous that his number shows up on some lists.

#20 One of Five

One of Five

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,393 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:08 PM

Now that any cell phone can be turned into a bug..... how hard would it be to wiretap congress?  Just sayin'

probably a lot easier to wiretap Congress when you know the cell phone numbers of the Congressmen - courtesy of the AP. 

#21 Olsonist

Olsonist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,269 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

Me thinks Congressman Nunes, from Fresno, may have been speaking to some AP reporters, and is nervous that his number shows up on some lists.

Visalia not Fresno. I had to look that up. I kinda like Fresno in a weird sort of way. There's a yacht club in Fresno. They run the High Sierra Regatta up on the Huntington Reservoir. Been there. Done that.

Fucking Nunes couldn't have come from Fresno. Couldn't. Fresno is rep'd by Costa. You see all those impeach Costa/Pelosi/Boxer signs on I5? That's Costa. Fresno has a KPFA affiliate.

#22 One of Five

One of Five

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,393 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

The High Sierra Regatta used to be a big deal huge. What happened to it ?

#23 Olsonist

Olsonist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,269 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

Two weekends of small boat racing. A week of vacation. I'd say it's still pretty big.

#24 One of Five

One of Five

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,393 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:20 PM

Can't beat the location. 

#25 TheFlash

TheFlash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,010 posts
  • Interests:Rum

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:10 PM

It's pretty awesome up there ain't it?  We will likely return to it next year, but with a Toro and a small cat, maybe crew on a 14...

#26 Remodel

Remodel

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,452 posts
  • Interests:Sailboat racing and long distance cruising

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:17 PM

This guy doesn't seem to understand the difference between phone records and wiretapping...

#27 TornadoCAN99

TornadoCAN99

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:25 PM

take_a_bow.gif

Nice Bokeh.

#28 TornadoCAN99

TornadoCAN99

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:31 PM

It's pretty awesome up there ain't it?  We will likely return to it next year, but with a Toro and a small cat, maybe crew on a 14...

I did the Commodore's Classic a few years back on the T at Huntington Lake. Amazing high altitude sailing...had to seriously adjust to get the boat powered up despite 15+ kts due to low density air. Ended up second place overall.

#29 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,442 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:00 PM

I did the Commodore's Classic a few years back on the T at Huntington Lake. Amazing high altitude sailing...had to seriously adjust to get the boat powered up despite 15+ kts due to low density air. Ended up second place overall.

You don't have any idea what high altitude racing is until you've done the Dillon Open in Colorado.  9200ft.

#30 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,660 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:30 PM

How did you measure the wind speed? 

#31 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,442 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:38 PM

Wind speed is measured the same.  The difference is the pressure.  So you get less power from the same wind speed.  Boats don't feel right for the sea level guys.

Opposite is true for us coming down to the thick air.

#32 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,660 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:48 PM

Wind speed is measured the same.  The difference is the pressure.  So you get less power from the same wind speed.  Boats don't feel right for the sea level guys.

Opposite is true for us coming down to the thick air.

Seen a lot of wind "speed" instruments that are really just measuring wind pressure. 

#33 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,442 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:11 AM

Pressure differential. It's how aircraft pitot tubes work. Static pressure vs. ram pressure. Independent on altitude. So reading your wind instruments whether based on a anemometer or a pitot tube, you should get similar readings. However the boat and sails will load up differently on the same wind speed at different density altitudes. Aircraft face the same issues. The higher you fly, the less efficient the plane is, but goes faster due to the thinner air. But climb performance suffers. Many Texas flyers come to Colorado to die in our mountains because they don't respect that.

#34 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,660 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:10 AM

Pressure differential. It's how aircraft pitot tubes work. Static pressure vs. ram pressure. Independent on altitude. So reading your wind instruments whether based on a anemometer or a pitot tube, you should get similar readings. However the boat and sails will load up differently on the same wind speed at different density altitudes. Aircraft face the same issues. The higher you fly, the less efficient the plane is, but goes faster due to the thinner air. But climb performance suffers. Many Texas flyers come to Colorado to die in our mountains because they don't respect that.

It measures pressure, not speed then. You don't use a different Vy below 10,000 right?  

#35 TornadoCAN99

TornadoCAN99

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

Huntington is known for 15+ winds starting at 10 AM and going til ~4 pm each and everyday. Pretty amazing...gusty to....but once it hits the boat, there's no surge or hull pop up...until we got dailed in and began tuning for more power...then we won just about all the remaining races at the event...save for one where we missed a mark on the course and discovered it too late to correct it...sailed around the finish line to take a DNF...cost us 1st overall.

#36 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,442 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:39 PM

It measures pressure, not speed then. You don't use a different Vy below 10,000 right?  
Negative ghost rider. Vy doesn't change with density altitude, but take off and performance numbers do. A plane still works the same at the same airspeeds, there's just a different density of air molecules to work with. Temp plays a key component in the equation too.

#37 Mark K

Mark K

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,660 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:28 PM

Negative ghost rider. Vy doesn't change with density altitude, but take off and performance numbers do. A plane still works the same at the same airspeeds, there's just a different density of air molecules to work with. Temp plays a key component in the equation too.

Not saying it doesn't. Just that some methods of measuring "wind speed" are very inaccurate at high density altitudes. The ball in the tube, for instance. 

Airplane are deeply affected by how well a fire is burning. It's difficult to compare.  

#38 Bus Driver

Bus Driver

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,068 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

By EMMA INNES

Men who are physically strong are also more likely to get a job mixing concrete.

I think your friend is trying to lead you to believe he is a manly man.  We typically call that "compensating".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users