45 replies to this topic

#1 Jethrow

Jethrow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:25 AM

OK, I've just got back from happy hour so bear with me.

Talk around the bar tonight (after the Sean Langman lunch) was about a multihull division in the Pittwater to Coffs Harbour race on the 2nd Jan. It was second hand info from people that had started their Friday night early but I think it has merit.

Question is... would you go?. There's been heaps of shit on here about Hobart's and all but I'm talking baby steps to acceptance here. Sure there's heaps to work out but the question stands.

Would you go?

P.S. I would, If I could get the safety certificate, Cat 2 race (possibly do-able).

#2 green boat

green boat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

TA sighted on Saturday 18th of May, Tied at the end of Alfreds main pontoon,

all geared up and ready for another record

Poor neglected WOX, not the main attraction anymore

And to answer your question, there are 2 x 32+" tri's within 200mts of TA already to go (gear and cert's), but the skippers can't find crew.

Attached Files

#3 DtM

DtM

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:25 PM

WO X is hardly neglected. It races every week (sure it is just Wednesdays but so what).

Why can't the tri's get crew?

#4 Indian Chief

Indian Chief

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:06 AM

We officially asked to go 3 or 4 years ago and they refused us. It might be on the cards now as RPAYC might be getting a bit keen now that the fleet to Coffs is getting small. Would i go.......possibly if we had a fleet of 5 or more

#5 GybeSet®

GybeSet®

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,187 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:13 AM

Just a matter of RMYC liaising with the Coffs people and getting a NOR up.
Whats the problem ?
MYCQ do it every year.

#6 green boat

green boat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:36 AM

It was neglected by the punters on the dock, there was a crowd veiwing the big tri when I went past twice. No one veiwing WOX. Not neglected by it owners. Well maintained boat. Great boat to watch sailing along

#7 bush sailer

bush sailer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:57 PM

It could work

X mas in Sydney, watch start Syd to Hobart, new years on the harbour, do race followed up by the surf to city a couple of weeks later.

#8 Rawhide

Rawhide

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:00 PM

Have heard from members of yacht racing commitee that RPA will run a multi division if enough interest and in any event will allow Langman to compete. Nothing to do with lack of entries, but follows an expression of interest from Langman. RPA has a very progressive board and racing committee at the moment and will support any keen yachting group.

Time to put up, this opportunity can't be wasted.

Got some great photos on delivery of TA from the harbour, if I can figure out how to reduce the resolution I will post.

#9 cazza

cazza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:34 AM

Morticia will go if it happens. It's a great idea.

#10 madboutcats

madboutcats

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:Sailing

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:03 AM

If you use Outlook for your e-mail, e-mail them to your self and it will ask you what size you want click medium, open the e-mail put the photo on your desktop then do the normal upload, job done.

Have heard from members of yacht racing commitee that RPA will run a multi division if enough interest and in any event will allow Langman to compete. Nothing to do with lack of entries, but follows an expression of interest from Langman. RPA has a very progressive board and racing committee at the moment and will support any keen yachting group.

Time to put up, this opportunity can't be wasted.

Got some great photos on delivery of TA from the harbour, if I can figure out how to reduce the resolution I will post.

#11 Try Flying

Try Flying

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

Morticia will go if it happens. It's a great idea.

+1 on the idea. Wish I had a Cat2 boat :(

I'm sure the word will get out there but make sure that you canvas all the places Multis lurk as not everyone is in here (just the smart ones :P)

#12 Indian Chief

Indian Chief

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:54 PM

I look forward to seeing RPA's notice of race including multis. Time for them to put up if they want us to join them.

#13 „؏ΩӁقڝӃڜ Җ

„؏ΩӁقڝӃڜ Җ

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:07 PM

I look forward to seeing RPA's notice of race including multis. Time for them to put up if they want us to join them.

That's the way to go. Belligerance & arrogance. Kill it before it gets off the ground. RPA DO NOT need multis. You need RPA onside if you want to be included.

Shit in your own nest eh?

#14 Corley_

Corley_

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:47 PM

We officially asked to go 3 or 4 years ago and they refused us. It might be on the cards now as RPAYC might be getting a bit keen now that the fleet to Coffs is getting small. Would i go.......possibly if we had a fleet of 5 or more

That's the way to go. Belligerance & arrogance. Kill it before it gets off the ground. RPA DO NOT need multis. You need RPA onside if you want to be included.

They have officially requested to participate before and been refused so your comment about belligerence and arrogance is misplaced, what were the grounds for the previous refusal?  It's reasonable for the multi's to request notification in the notice of race if they are to prepare to compete in the event.   

#15 DtM

DtM

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:20 AM

If the invitation comes the multi's should grasp it with both hands because if there is not a good roll up the next invite could be a long time coming.

#16 „؏ΩӁقڝӃڜ Җ

„؏ΩӁقڝӃڜ Җ

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:46 AM

They have officially requested to participate before and been refused so your comment about belligerence and arrogance is misplaced, what were the grounds for the previous refusal?  It's reasonable for the multi's to request notification in the notice of race if they are to prepare to compete in the event.   

They are NOT going to get invited to the party by taking the attitude   "Time for them to put up if they want us to join them".

#17 Corley_

Corley_

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:59 AM

>> 

They are NOT going to get invited to the party by taking the attitude   "Time for them to put up if they want us to join them".

I'm of the opinion that the decent thing for the RPAYC is to make an official approach to the RMYC and invite the multihulls to be part of the race then a NOR can be organised.  When the multi owners previously approached and requested officially to be part of the race they were rebuffed I don't think it's their responsibility to go cap in hand and request again without invitation.

#18 „؏ΩӁقڝӃڜ Җ

„؏ΩӁقڝӃڜ Җ

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:09 AM

I'm of the opinion that the decent thing for the RPAYC is to make an official approach to the RMYC and invite the multihulls to be part of the race then a NOR can be organised.  When the multi owners previously approached and requested officially to be part of the race they were rebuffed I don't think it's their responsibility to go cap in hand and request again without invitation.

RPAYC is under no obligation to approach anybody.

If you want to be a part of the event, attempting to browbeat the club into inviting you will achieve nothing. That is probably why they were rebuffed previously.

Someone has probably done a lot of work to get this far - then people like you come along and screw it up.

#19 Corley_

Corley_

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:14 AM

RPAYC is under no obligation to approach anybody.

If you want to be a part of the event, attempting to browbeat the club into inviting you will achieve nothing. That is probably why they were rebuffed previously.

Someone has probably done a lot of work to get this far - then people like you come along and screw it up.

I've not screwed anything up if a little natter on the web between individuals is enough to put them off including multihulls then they were not serious in the first place. 

#20 Zorro2

Zorro2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:14 AM

There is, in fact, a dialog occurring between RPA and RMYC right now. The race is Cat 2 and one of the issues is how many multis apart from TA and one or two others may be interested. These are early discussions and at this stage are being handled for RMYC by Rob Brown. Anyone want to suggest a potential list of starters?

#21 „؏ΩӁقڝӃڜ Җ

„؏ΩӁقڝӃڜ Җ

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:21 AM

I've not screwed anything up if a little natter on the web between individuals is enough to put them off including multihulls then they were not serious in the first place. 

You're kidding yourself if you think nobody at RPAYC reads SA.

People are obviously trying to make it happen. Your attitude will only get people offside. Best thing you can do is STFU..

#22 Rawhide

Rawhide

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:24 AM

Where did you get the idea that you had to request to join the race? An approach has already been made. As for "Time for them to put up if they want us to join them" Do you really think anyone really cares much whether you are there or not? This is a great opportunity to have more than one long offshore race in Australia. It can be embraced, or you can keep the chip on your shoulder and continue being marginalised.

#23 Corley_

Corley_

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:28 AM

People are obviously trying to make it happen. Your attitude will only get people offside. Best thing you can do is STFU..

I'd suggest you take your own advice.  It's good to hear an official dialogue is underway.

#24 „؏ΩӁقڝӃڜ Җ

„؏ΩӁقڝӃڜ Җ

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:32 AM

I'd suggest you take your own advice.  It's good to hear an official dialogue is underway.

Some of you multihull guys will NEVER learn. No doubt it's always somebody else's fault.

#25 bush sailer

bush sailer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:08 AM

One of the issues I see to Multis being accepted is the risk of capsize and the bad press that follows. There have been many capsizes over the years in the Brisbane to Gladstone and I think that this has to be avoided if multis are to be acepted in Aus offshore events. Perhaps a size restriction should be applied to cat 2 races until they are established. This may sound harsh to everyone with a Raider etc but may be the answer to getting multis accepted in Aus offshore racing.

On another note the B to g race is run by MYCQ not the QCYC (although they embrace multis) and perhaps the same should occur in this race with the RMYC running a parallel race.

I would not expect more than 10 multis to do this race next year.

#26 Try Flying

Try Flying

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:50 AM

Slight diversion to the subject but....I'm not sure a size restriction is the way to go. Monos have their stability curves that can be used to weed out unsuitable designs for races like the SH and I would suggest this is because the ultimate fate of most monos that are upside down is eventual sinking and that an upturned boat does not provide a very safe habitable shelter. 

The flip side of the coin (bad pun) is that the stability curve of all multis is one that diminishes with heel and is VERY stable once inverted.

As a suggestion what if rather than assuming the boat won't flip you instead put in rules for cat2 events  (assuming they are not already there) that focus on the systems in place to ensure the safety of the crew in the event of a capsize....escape hatches, interior (inverted) space and gear securing. Some of these are already in place but are they sufficient?

I would say a flipped boat is not such a big news event... a fatality due to it IS.

End of the day its a race boat so they have high power to weight ratios and are pushed... shit happens... its how we deal with it that counts.

Its not about exempting safety rules for Multis but rather applying ones that are more suited to what is a different design brief to a Mono.

#27 ozmultis

ozmultis

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:00 AM

One of the issues I see to Multis being accepted is the risk of capsize and the bad press that follows. There have been many capsizes over the years in the Brisbane to Gladstone and I think that this has to be avoided if multis are to be acepted in Aus offshore events. Perhaps a size restriction should be applied to cat 2 races until they are established. This may sound harsh to everyone with a Raider etc but may be the answer to getting multis accepted in Aus offshore racing.

On another note the B to g race is run by MYCQ not the QCYC (although they embrace multis) and perhaps the same should occur in this race with the RMYC running a parallel race.

I dont disagree with your attempt to make it safe and reliable, but the flaw in your reasoning is that it isnt the little boats that flip, Dancing emu around 40 ft, and Rongtujuu around 50ft to name but two of the bigger boats. Yes ApC max went over but I would not think that the recent record indicates smaller boats are more prone to inversion.

#28 Wilpy

Wilpy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

There is, in fact, a dialog occurring between RPA and RMYC right now. The race is Cat 2 and one of the issues is how many multis apart from TA and one or two others may be interested. These are early discussions and at this stage are being handled for RMYC by Rob Brown. Anyone want to suggest a potential list of starters?

I am pretty sure a bridge deck cat from more southern areas would be a keen participant

#29 bush sailer

bush sailer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:39 PM

I dont disagree with your attempt to make it safe and reliable, but the flaw in your reasoning is that it isnt the little boats that flip, Dancing emu around 40 ft, and Rongtujuu around 50ft to name but two of the bigger boats. Yes ApC max went over but I would not think that the recent record indicates smaller boats are more prone to inversion.

Yes i probably did not think that through, perhaps a reinforcing lecture at every briefing about holding sheets etc would help. I cant talk, Rushour is one one the most tender boats going around but not for long if I decide to get the chainsaw out!!!!

#30 Indian Chief

Indian Chief

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:23 PM

Some of you multihull guys will NEVER learn. No doubt it's always somebody else's fault.

My personal opinion is that your comments are typical one sided monohull stereo type. i've heard this attitude from Mono guys since i was a 12 year old sailing on my dads Trimaran. (which never capsized and crossed Bass Straight more than 5 times) Do you really think Mono guys would come to us at RMYC asking us to be allowed to sail in our Multihull races. C'mon get real, if we wanted them to join us we would go to them and make them an offer to join us. If a club wants numbers in their races they normally invite boats to race by including them as eligible entries within their NOR. If my memory serves me correctly the reason RPAYC didn't want multis in the P2C race was never disclosed. What they did say is if you have more than 5 guys ready to pay their entry fee come and talk to us and then promptly hung up on my call. I would agree that things have progressed somewhat from 5 years ago. Good to read from Zorro 2 that discussions are taking place between the 2 Pittwater clubs regarding Multis joining the RPAYC P2C race. Seems thats a better way of setting this up and possibly seeing an invitation "or maybe i should call it" Multis included as eligible entries next year. With all the hype around the AC this year i suppose some mono people are finally pulling their heads out of the sand and looking at Multis as "Yachts" to. Sure they do capsize just like formula 1 cars spin off race tracks. They actually don't just capsize, they normally get driven over by crews that get caught off guard or are inexperienced with the craft and its capabilities. In my opinion it comes down to how hard and how you drive!

#31 „؏ΩӁقڝӃڜ Җ

„؏ΩӁقڝӃڜ Җ

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:34 PM

Drop the aggro attitude of such posts as -  Time for them to put up if they want us to join them -   and you might be included. Keep up the aggro and you will get nowhere. As I wrote - some of you multihull guys will never learn.

There is nothing mono or multi about that. Annoying arseholes don't get invited to parties - except by other annoying arseholes.

#32 Chris 249

Chris 249

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,297 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:04 AM

My personal opinion is that your comments are typical one sided monohull stereo type. i've heard this attitude from Mono guys since i was a 12 year old sailing on my dads Trimaran. (which never capsized and crossed Bass Straight more than 5 times) Do you really think Mono guys would come to us at RMYC asking us to be allowed to sail in our Multihull races. C'mon get real, if we wanted them to join us we would go to them and make them an offer to join us. If a club wants numbers in their races they normally invite boats to race by including them as eligible entries within their NOR. If my memory serves me correctly the reason RPAYC didn't want multis in the P2C race was never disclosed. What they did say is if you have more than 5 guys ready to pay their entry fee come and talk to us and then promptly hung up on my call. I would agree that things have progressed somewhat from 5 years ago. Good to read from Zorro 2 that discussions are taking place between the 2 Pittwater clubs regarding Multis joining the RPAYC P2C race. Seems thats a better way of setting this up and possibly seeing an invitation "or maybe i should call it" Multis included as eligible entries next year. With all the hype around the AC this year i suppose some mono people are finally pulling their heads out of the sand and looking at Multis as "Yachts" to. Sure they do capsize just like formula 1 cars spin off race tracks. They actually don't just capsize, they normally get driven over by crews that get caught off guard or are inexperienced with the craft and its capabilities. In my opinion it comes down to how hard and how you drive!

EVERY sporting organisation has the right to restrict an event to a certain type of equipment, surely?

Is it bias when the "offshore" multis put on a nationals that doesn't allow monos, or small cats, or windsurfers, or kites, or skiffs?

Do the trailable yacht associations cop flak if they don't run divisions for TP52s, 12 Foot Skiffs and Etchells?

Do you complain when the Palm Beach Sailing Club has cat-only regattas and doesn't invite dinghies?

Do you complain if a major motorbike event doesn't put out an invitation for cars to race?

Is it "one sided" if a surf club that has always concentrated on shortboards doesn't invite mals, SUPs, and wave skis to their events?

Are the organisers of the Texel catamaran race bigots because they don't have monohull, kite and windsurfer divisions?

There were top-class cat sailors and multihull associations who went on record after the Tornado was dropped from the Olympics and said that multihulls were a SEPARATE discipline to monos. If multis are a separate discipline as they said, then why should RPA be under some duty to invite them?

When every other sport has major events just for one type of equipment and when multihull organisations have major events just for monos then why do the mono clubs attract so much abuse for doing exactly the same thing?

Lots of small monohulls are excluded from the Coffs race (AFAIK) and other races that they used to be able to do, btw.

#33 green boat

green boat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:07 AM

Drop the aggro attitude of such posts as -  Time for them to put up if they want us to join them -   and you might be included. Keep up the aggro and you will get nowhere. As I wrote - some of you multihull guys will never learn.

There is nothing mono or multi about that. Annoying arseholes don't get invited to parties - except by other annoying arseholes.

Hey troll,  you clearly are a shit stirrer,

There are all types of characters in every sport, people that are ignorant and people that use strong words, IC's comments are not agressive

Come out from hiding and give your real name and don't hide behind your wing dings tag, and you come from the pacific...really

you have shown here you are just a keyboard sailer, with broad useless statements not supported by anything or anybody

You obviously only want to boost your ego by insulting a minority group

I know its a waste of time but, I'll join the numerous post here that have asked you to STFU

#34 Corley_

Corley_

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:27 AM

Posted by CT249

EVERY sporting organisation has the right to restrict an event to a certain type of equipment, surely?

Is it bias when the "offshore" multis put on a nationals that doesn't allow monos, or small cats, or windsurfers, or kites, or skiffs?

Do the trailable yacht associations cop flak if they don't run divisions for TP52s, 12 Foot Skiffs and Etchells?

Do you complain when the Palm Beach Sailing Club has cat-only regattas and doesn't invite dinghies?

Do you complain if a major motorbike event doesn't put out an invitation for cars to race?

Is it "one sided" if a surf club that has always concentrated on shortboards doesn't invite mals, SUPs, and wave skis to their events?

Are the organisers of the Texel catamaran race bigots because they don't have monohull, kite and windsurfer divisions?

There were top-class cat sailors and multihull associations who went on record after the Tornado was dropped from the Olympics and said that multihulls were a SEPARATE discipline to monos. If multis are a separate discipline as they said, then why should RPA be under some duty to invite them?

When every other sport has major events just for one type of equipment and when multihull organisations have major events just for monos then why do the mono clubs attract so much abuse for doing exactly the same thing?

Lots of small monohulls are excluded from the Coffs race (AFAIK) and other races that they used to be able to do, btw.

I'm disappointed that we don't see the level of acceptance that sailing craft see in France take a look at the recent Tour de Belle Ile all types of monohulls and multis racing together in their own divisions and respecting each others right to be there and enjoy SAILING.  The Grand Prix Guyader integrates everything from Dragons to Imocas to Maxi Multihulls to kiteboarders and even SUP's in their event. I don't agree that reducing every event down to smaller and smaller sub categories and classes is the way to go.  By all means have appropriate safety requirements and equipment in place but being a bit more inclusive might actually be a good thing for sailing.

#35 Chris 249

Chris 249

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,297 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:21 AM

Posted by CT249

I'm disappointed that we don't see the level of acceptance that sailing craft see in France take a look at the recent Tour de Belle Ile all types of monohulls and multis racing together in their own divisions and respecting each others right to be there and enjoy SAILING.  The Grand Prix Guyader integrates everything from Dragons to Imocas to Maxi Multihulls to kiteboarders and even SUP's in their event. I don't agree that reducing every event down to smaller and smaller sub categories and classes is the way to go.  By all means have appropriate safety requirements and equipment in place but being a bit more inclusive might actually be a good thing for sailing.

I didn't say that reducing every event down to smaller and smaller sub-categories and classes is THE way to go. And yep, all-inclusive events can be great fun. I've been wondering about whether we could get a "bring everything marathon" (from Optis and boards to 2.4 Metres, B14s, Hobies, Lasers and Farriers all on the same course and line) around my little pond.

But diversity runs both ways IMHO. In the same way that we can have all types of craft, we can also have all types of event, from those that welcome in all types to those that are just for one type.

Diversity is great, but IMHO you also get a lot of strength when you create an organisation with a single and clear objective, such as founding a catamaran club or bringing multis as a group within a club a la RMYC, or a race for cats like Texel. That seems pretty universal in human activity, whether we're talking street machines, hacker conventions, opera, flower shows, show dogs or political movements - you get all-in events and organisations AND specialist events and organisations and they work really well together.  

It's nice to be able to go to Forster and just sail only cats together sometimes, it's nice to be able to sail a shorthanded race without crewed boats along for the ride as well, it's nice to be able to go and just sail only offshore multis without beach cats and monos in the fleet, it's nice to be able to go to Port Stephens and just sail various types of windsurfer only - and it's nice to be able to just sail ballasted offshore monos only.

It's just funny that it's only the latter that seems to attract complaints. Perhaps it's the enduring myth that multis were destroyed by the mythical ban of Amaryllis, perhaps it's partly because the ballasted offshore monos are such a successful group.  

#36 Corley_

Corley_

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:36 AM

Well I wasn't suggesting that there is anything wrong with a specific type of event either just that it would be a great opportunity to be more inclusive.  I like the sound of your event and have thought along similar lines more than once.  I read a lot of threads about saving sailing and think the idea of an inclusive event could really generate a lot of interest and draw more potential sailors to the sport. 

The branding of multihull sailors as "arseholes" is wearing pretty thin it's like "Hey want an instant arsehole? Just add hulls!" and about as mature.

#37 „؏ΩӁقڝӃڜ Җ

„؏ΩӁقڝӃڜ Җ

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:38 AM

Hey troll,  you clearly are a shit stirrer,

There are all types of characters in every sport, people that are ignorant and people that use strong words, IC's comments are not agressive

Come out from hiding and give your real name and don't hide behind your wing dings tag, and you come from the pacific...really

you have shown here you are just a keyboard sailer, with broad useless statements not supported by anything or anybody

You obviously only want to boost your ego by insulting a minority group

I know its a waste of time but, I'll join the numerous post here that have asked you to STFU

I have sailed more miles and more races than you ever will on your little puddle. Who I am is none of your business.

It's your nest wanker, keep shitting in it if you wish.

#38 Y-Bar

Y-Bar

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:26 AM

Is Johnny Saint back ?

#39 Rawhide

Rawhide

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:12 AM

Photo's from delivery to Pittwater.

Attached Files

#40 Rawhide

Rawhide

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:16 AM

and more

Attached Files

#41 Peter Hackett

Peter Hackett

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:58 AM

Interesting parallels (in the sailing conversation, not the silly stuff) here to the recent merging of the Brisbane top Gladstone startline. I make the comment because these events are sometimes dictated by history.

Bay to Bay is the most successful trailer sailor race I have been to (Marlay next year) and always invited all boats and is hugely successful because all come. 125 this year and HUGE fun, great sailing even in 5 knots.

Surf to City ditto. A cut down version of that on a different weekend for beach cats etc has been run with limited success, and there are safety issues to be overcome there before that event grows.

My own club's winter series is huge comparatively because anything and anyone (except a few on this forum lol) would be welcome.

The B2G started with a separate mono and multi event that shared the start line for a few years until some issues forced it to separate. I (proud moment) successfully argued in both the organising clubs to get the starts together. With support from the destination Gladstone club and many other sailors of all persuasions I am now trying to get all of the boats into the one event and it is not as easy as you would think. Safety differences for example, QCYC demands HF radio because of so many VHF issues and stand by the safety record of that device. Multis still go with VHF and some nice people picking up scheds along the coast.

From what I have read here, the Coffs race has plenty of history also, and these issues are not that easy to just address by turning up in your laser with an EPIRB and expect to be allowed to join in the Sydney to Hobart for example. Nothing to do with the number of hulls.

Interestingly though, big PR = happy sponsors, and all the history in the world was burned up when the ORMA's blasted their way into Hammo and the Brisbane to Keppel albeit in demo mode. If I got a few mates on 6 little pickleforks to try for a hammo entry this year and take up the same amount of room as Vodafone did last year, we wouldn't have a chance, even if we did hock our lasers for the entry fee.

#42 DtM

DtM

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:04 PM

Don't be too sure that a picklefork class with 6 boats would not get a start at Hammo.

Hock your Laser !!!

#43 SailFantasia

SailFantasia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Racing, crusing, everything.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:15 AM

It does sound a better beginning to be actually accepted in the Pittwater to Coffs race than doing a rebel Hobart, which I have been considering. Count Fantasia in as a potential competitor.

#44 PIL007

PIL007

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts
  • Interests:Fast Cars-Fast Boats-Fast Woman and Beer

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:54 AM

Is Johnny Saint back ?

That's funny, but seriously where did he go...? Chippy..? Anyone..? Bueller..?

#45 Rawhide

Rawhide

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:05 AM

I have wondered the same about Dorag, but was afraid to ask.

#46 Peter Hackett

Peter Hackett

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:04 PM

Don't be too sure that a picklefork class with 6 boats would not get a start at Hammo.

Hock your Laser !!!

Never sell the laser or longboard windsurfer, wife goes first.

I tried to nominate electronically and personally for hammo last year. Both failed, and when I wrote an email they said that maybe one day it might happen....

I remain ready to go if they open the door.

History.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users