Kevin Durant's Million Bucks...HOOORAY FOR HIM!!!

dsonated to OK relief effort

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Gouvernail

Gouvernail

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,765 posts
  • Interests:margaritas, hippie chicks, durable flying discs for retriever dog play

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:26 AM

Sure he makes lots of money but A MILLION BUCKS!!!

That's just plain wonderful.

Kevin certainly has a new forever fan at my house.

#2 Mojo Risin

Mojo Risin

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:20 PM

Don't forget to include OKC native Matt Kemp in those accolades:

You know he tweeted: "I'm giving $1000 for tonight's HR and every HR until the All-Star break for the victims of my hometown in OKC."

That might be what, $10,000 or so?

#3 NACRADUDE

NACRADUDE

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,285 posts
  • Interests:Various women, various boats, and various states of consciousness.

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

KD is a very cool guy and does a shit load of stuff for the local community. I'll bet he's happy he's not in the former shit hole he played in.

#4 Rum Runner

Rum Runner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

Sure he makes lots of money but A MILLION BUCKS!!!

That's just plain wonderful.

Kevin certainly has a new forever fan at my house.

+1  One of the few pro athletes acting like a real human being.  Maybe RG III can donate all his wedding gifts to OKC now.

#5 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

KD is a very cool guy and does a shit load of stuff for the local community. I'll bet he's happy he's not in the former shit hole he played in.

That's a bet you would lose, dickface.

Cool-hat.-Image-via-@DarnellMayberry.jpg

#6 chinabald

chinabald

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,497 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:25 PM

Durant got Nike to donate 1,000,000 worth of shoes and clothes plus all the profit from his shoe model. His donation has inspired the nba and others to make donations. Just from his donation and the others he has inspired its about 10 million now

#7 Gouvernail

Gouvernail

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,765 posts
  • Interests:margaritas, hippie chicks, durable flying discs for retriever dog play

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:53 PM

Bear in mind, the damages to STRUCTURES alone is estimated in billions. The generosity mentioned in the post above expanded from Durant's 1/1000 of just the buildings to 1/100 of just the buildings.
My house and shop are valuable and all that but losing the contents would be far more destructive to my life.
Aside from losing things like the photo of my teenager Dad in his refurbished 1932 roadster which no amount of money could replace, money would only get me part way bsck to my old life. After spending a couple hundred grand my buildings would be as new again but I am not sure I could refill the place with a checkbook full of another million
And
I am damn certain no insurance company would toss me money for my regatta t shirt collection, nuts, bolts, screwdrivers, books, CDs, used sailboat parts, and all the endless odds and ends that make my life my life.

I look at those squashed neighborhoods and simply shudder

#8 bikerrew

bikerrew

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Interests:Wine, Sailing, Motorcycles, Travel

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:37 AM

Actually both he and his mom love Okc , fuckhead! By the way, how is it going trying to steal Sacramrnto! To bad you got turned down. Might have had a chance if your ownership team didn't suck. Oh, and it would help if your city would support a team.

#9 Gouvernail

Gouvernail

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,765 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:09 AM

Gotta admit it was totally callous for David Stern to begin his "Not moving th Seattle" press conference " I will make this short because I have to get to a game in Oklahoma."

#10 bikerrew

bikerrew

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:57 PM

I'll give you that, kinda "let me pour a little salt in that wound"

#11 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:15 PM

Actually both he and his mom love Okc , fuckhead! By the way, how is it going trying to steal Sacramrnto! To bad you got turned down. Might have had a chance if your ownership team didn't suck. Oh, and it would help if your city would support a team.

That's the most asinine post on SA since BG last logged on.  The ownership of the Sonics is epic.    

Unlike the BS move of Bennett, McClendon, et al, we were always very up front with our intentions to buy the Kings and relocate them - the whole point was to bring a team back to Seattle.  We had a signed purchase & sale agreement, and a deal for a new arena without public money.  Why would anyone want to buy that team and keep them in Sac-town when the attendance is at or near the bottom of the league, and it's a shit market to boot?

The only reason Sac still has the Kings in because the city bent to the will of the NBA, and the only reason OKC has a team is that Seattle didn't.  That and Howard Schultz is a piece of shit.

#12 bikerrew

bikerrew

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

You just made my point about your shitty city not supporting "their" team and why it was moved. It was always the intention to move it. Your owner was the one fucking with you. Oh by the way you suck.

#13 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:21 PM

Everyone knows why they left, the difference in character from our new ownership group to that of OKC is how they constantly lied about it.

Our fans have always supported the Sonics.  In spite of Schultz, and our idiot Mayor, our city wasn't going to let Stern tell us to write a blank-check to the dirt-eating, cousin-fuckers from OK.  I only now wish Portland had been smart enough to take Durant and left us you with Oden.

btw, 

Your town:

10487269-large.jpg

My town:

3721594929_4a2cdc2953_z.jpg?zz=1

#14 bikerrew

bikerrew

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:26 PM

Are you that stupid and gullible to think your owners didn't know when he sold the team they were going to move. We just went along with his game to sell his story to you dumb fucks. Really, your that gullible!  Then you whinney fucks try to do the same thing to Sac, get butt fucked, and get made at us all over again. What a bunch of douch bags!

#15 Monkey

Monkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,367 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:18 AM

I'll be damned. Not only am I impressed by a classy act by a quality individual, I'm even more shocked by how many people follow that travel, travel, dunk league. I didn't even know they were in season!

#16 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:27 AM

Are you that stupid and gullible to think your owners didn't know when he sold the team they were going to move. We just went along with his game to sell his story to you dumb fucks. Really, your that gullible!  Then you whinney fucks try to do the same thing to Sac, get butt fucked, and get made at us all over again. What a bunch of douch bags!

I dun see yer a graduyate of that Bull Gaytard scool of ritin werds and stuf.

If you can't spell, or use the spell-check function of your picture-box with keys, then I'm not going to bother with your dopey logic, other than to say Bennett/McClendon/Stern/Schultz are all complicit in the larceny, and that is a permanent stain on your team.  

Hansen/Ballmer/Nordstom are doing it the right way, in spite of the NBA.  If it was up to me, I'd tell Stern and his stable of bootlicking sycophants to fuck off until they are begging to be back in our market, and focus on bringing another Stanley Cup back to Seattle.

#17 bikerrew

bikerrew

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

Impressive, you base your entire post on my misspelling of mad vs made. Then you insist your "right" and all our owner group, the entire NBA , and every game sellout crowd is wrong. Your fucked up.

Your pics of Seattle are beautiful. What did you do to make that happen besides google a nice pic.

#18 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

Seattle will never get another basketball team.  Deal with it fat man

#19 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:27 PM

Impressive, you base your entire post on my misspelling of mad vs made. 

If reading comprehension was part of your resume, you'd realize that wasn't my entire post.  

Let me give you the bullet points:

* you can't spell

* you are likely an idiot

* poor spelling / grammar diminishes your argument

* I can't take you seriously

* Thunder ownership can lick my nut-sack

* Howard Schultz can jump in line to lick my nut-sack

* Thunder fans are straight homo

* Seattle ownership is the greatest thing since vagina was invented

* you wouldn't know a vagina if it jumped up and bitch-slapped your momma during Thanksgiving grace

* David Stern has vaginal qualities

* Stern and Bennett are familiar with the term "courtesy reach-around"

* the Seattle market is epic

* we've won a Stanley Cup

* we've won an NBA Championship

* Garth Brooks was the best thing you have going in that shit hole town you live in, and your ilk still found a way to fuck him over

Here are the rest of your spelling errors in your very short, eloquent post.

mad vs made

douche vs douch

whiny vs whinney (that one wasn't even close, even for an Oklahoman) 

you're vs your 

#20 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:51 PM

Seattle still is never getting another NBA team.

Ha ha ha ha ha

#21 bikerrew

bikerrew

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:29 AM

I guess it's easier to try to change the subject than to realize that you and your city suck. Back to the subject, you complain OKC "stole" your team when Seattle did not and would not support "their" team. Then Seattle tried to steal Sac's team and got turned down. Everything else you want to bring into this discussion is bullshit to try to disguise your shame. Just deal with it and move on!

#22 bikerrew

bikerrew

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:05 PM

Just re-read my posts and I would like to apologise to the city and people of Seattle.  I think the city is beautiful and I'm sure the majority of people are wonderful. My post is aimed at the whiny fucks like silverbullet who cannot let go of the loss of their NBA team. Get over it and move on.

Again, my apoligies to the normal people of Seattle.

#23 On the Hard

On the Hard

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,131 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

Meanwhile...

GO SPURS GO!!!

It seems there are times every year when the Spurs click and it all comes together. Unfortunately, that's usually a month or two before the playoffs start (at least for the last couple of years). This year they seem to be just getting stronger as they go. Tony Parker has just been amazing. I hope Ginobili gets it together for the finals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users