Sol, when he is not posting useless imagines etc
Ben
Mark
Jbsf
Kmmcabe
Mikewolf-sometimes
Rick-sometimes
Feel free to add to list

MoeAlfa...Probably my all time favorite...where did he go?
As a practitioner of medicine, he probably got tired of doing a full scrub after getting near this rather diseased environment. While there are a good few more as well, I'd offer up Moe as a pretty decent and reasonable-sounding chap.

AGITC is similarly among those who can offer a point of view that is polite and respectful, even under fire. Some of us may try, and often fail (self incl.) but these guys manage to respect their fellow men & women as valuable team members, whatever corner they sit in.

BG? Troll extraordinaire, though in his heart I'm sure he means well. I do wish he'd lay off the "retarded" name-calling; it's becoming as unacceptable as "nigger" has very rightly become. Plenty of other pejoratives exist other than "retarded" which don't disparage others not involved in the conversation. The cognitively-disadvantaged did not ask to be born that way. This term needs to be erased from the lexicon.

Mark K? Other that the log-sized chip on his shoulder, probably an OK person.

Spatial Ed? Shuts down conversations not with logic & facts, but with useless red herrings and with quintessential disingenuousness, the counter to which is best offered in the form of ignoring lest he be led to further masturbation as he watches others' reactions to him. Pity, though, as I normally have all kinds of respect for pilots. I bet that, in person, he's one hell of a good guy. Very possibly the same for Jocal though a lot gets hidden by the keyboard. I can respect his direction even if we don't see eye to eye on his methods.

Speaking of pilots, Kent Island Sailor seems pretty much on the level. And Sol - who could not appreciate a writer who doesn't mind calling people out on stuff that misrepresents an informed view (whether he supports the states view or not)? Someone around here needs to have a brain.

Tom Ray - gotta love the writing style: I could see sitting around his pond, cleaning .22's and bullshitting the afternoon away.

Frenchie - has a way of dealing straight up, seems highly honorable. Same for McKabe, JSBF, & others In posession of well-calibrated Bullshitometers & with whom I may or may not agree on every single solitary point, though we still have plenty in common. That's how our country, even our planet, ought to get along.

Mike Wolf - our own, personal Sheldon (without the OCD necessarily)... lots of well-rounded experiences for a guy (i take for being) under 45-ish. May go off the deep end occasionally, though but for the grace of electrons, silicon, and plastic injection molding, go I.

LenP - without question, a stand-up guy who doesn't take sides based upon a letter after his name, or behind that of a given politician. Being one of only two SA members I've (knowingly) met up with, i can safely say I'd trust my kids/grandkids to him or his young family. Like his views or not, you can believe that his posts are true to his personality, reputation, and personal honor. What you see is what you get, which is all i have a right to ask of any man.

Ease the Sheets - annoys me a little in the gun threads, though perhaps that's my weakness and not his. One has to appreciate another's desire to make the world a better place, even if (as with some of the aforementioned) one doesn't necessarily see eye to eye with the methods. Seems like a damned fine bloke, down deep.

Mainsheetsister- man, she sounds like a hoot! I'm honored that she took the time and stayed with this outfit, after joining mainly to relay the affairs of her beloved sister, MSG (whom i never knee or corresponded with). Sounds like the sort of gal who, with husband or whomever, would make for a great day of flintlock shootin', rib-eatin', and mash drinkin' (or whatever).

There are many of you out there whom I can't thank personally (or pick on in-duh-vidually) though it is hopes we can all respect one another alike, in the end.

Boy, after being omitted from that codex do I feel extra un-loved.

Wow.... it is an honor just to be nominated.  (A hoot?...if you only knew...)

And, don't worry BJ, you get plenty of loving happy thoughts from me. 

You were one of six SAers who actually showed up during my sister's final days....Bowgirl and kmccabe, elle, Sol Rosenberg, Rockhead (and his children), and You. 

It meant the world to her, and still means way more than a helluva lot to me. 

I won't ever forget it.

Ever.

;)  see you soon!!!

#202 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,537 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:12 AM

I miss sardonic.  and carly d. catamoron.  

#203 elle

elle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,256 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:16 AM

i miss our freedom.  j/k....

as eva dent.  

so...other than this gem of a thread...what did i miss over the weekend?

#204 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,537 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:21 AM

Well, Nuke's scared because his eyelids are jammed and his old man's here. We need a live... is it a live rooster? We need a live rooster to take the curse off Jose's glove and nobody seems to know what to get Millie or Jimmy for their wedding present. We're dealing with a lot of shit.

#205 Gouvernail

Gouvernail

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,770 posts
  • Interests:margaritas, hippie chicks, durable flying discs for retriever dog play

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:33 AM

My apologies for an afternoon of troll feeding.

The troll certainly regurgitated  a large amount of troll drivel.

#206 TheFlash

TheFlash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,566 posts
  • Interests:Rum

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:50 AM

After a weekend of sailing from SF to Monterey in big breeze, chilling with the wife and kids in Monterey and then BBQing in thanks of all that is 'merica, I come to this mutual admiration society circle jerk.

I'm happy to read all opinions - only Happy is on ignore (and s/he knows why) and VWAP cause I usually access this site during working hours.  

Cheers everyone, and for the 'mericans, happy memorial day.

#207 JBSF

JBSF

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,255 posts
  • Interests:Racing, diving, cycling, flying, pussy, shooting and any other action sports.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:54 AM

Well, Nuke's scared because his eyelids are jammed and his old man's here. We need a live... is it a live rooster? We need a live rooster to take the curse off Jose's glove and nobody seems to know what to get Millie or Jimmy for their wedding present. We're dealing with a lot of shit.

Well, actually, nobody on this planet ever really chooses each other. I mean, it's all a question of quantum physics, molecular attraction, and timing. Why, there are laws we don't understand that bring us together and tear us apart. Uh, it's like pheromones. You get three ants together, they can't do dick. You get 300 million of them, they can build a cathedral.

#208 Gouvernail

Gouvernail

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,770 posts
  • Interests:margaritas, hippie chicks, durable flying discs for retriever dog play

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:00 AM

You get three ants together, they can't do dick. You get 300 million of them, they can build a cathedral.

You get three each  hundred Democrats and Republicans together they can't do dick. 

Proof?? No.  but politicians do seem dumber than ants

#209 mikeys clone no1

mikeys clone no1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:24 AM

Wow this is a troubling story!
whom how much if anything did you steal from the laser class association?

gator, you are starting to sound like an Israeli prosecutor talking to a resident of gaza.

#210 mainsheetsister

mainsheetsister

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Interests:sarcasm
    and
    the sky

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

Well, actually, nobody on this planet ever really chooses each other. I mean, it's all a question of quantum physics, molecular attraction, and timing. Why, there are laws we don't understand that bring us together and tear us apart. Uh, it's like pheromones. You get three ants together, they can't do dick. You get 300 million of them, they can build a cathedral.

Pheromones?  Isn't that what stinkbugs use to find their friends?

hey now.....wait just a minute!...

#211 mainsheetsister

mainsheetsister

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
    and
    the sky

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

;)  see you soon!!!

Can't wait!  Less than two weeks!

#212 JBSF

JBSF

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,255 posts
  • Interests:Racing, diving, cycling, flying, pussy, shooting and any other action sports.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:01 PM

Okay, well, uh... candlesticks always make a nice gift, and uh, maybe you could find out where she's registered and maybe a place-setting or maybe a silverware pattern.

#213 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:15 PM

Okay, well, uh... candlesticks always make a nice gift, and uh, maybe you could find out where she's registered and maybe a place-setting or maybe a silverware pattern.

I would have thought that it would have been Millie AND Jimmy versus OR.  Perhaps the pre-nup requires designated gifts to prepare for dissolution.

#214 A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,485 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

There are lots of good ones i missed please add. Moe is fantastic and always advances conversation. He and cruising loser are probably the most thoughtful left/right guys on here

Very kind of you to say. Thank you, although my appearances here are rare these days. Moe and I are getting ready to do the Marion-Bermuda race together, on my boat.

Pics and a trip report would be most enjoyable, if not too much trouble to capture! 

#215 mainsheetsister

mainsheetsister

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
    and
    the sky

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:05 AM

A set of good knives.  Useful when things are going well, and may come in handy if things are not so good.

Remember Lorena Bobbitt?

Whatever happened to her?

#216 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:41 AM

She doing well as a private citizen her douchebag ex marine ex husband? Not so much

#217 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,547 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:07 AM

She doing well as a private citizen her douchebag ex marine ex husband? Not so much

You are just jealous that his dick is still bigger than yours.

Hey, MSS!  How you doin?

#218 mainsheetsister

mainsheetsister

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
    and
    the sky

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

Hey, MSS!  How you doin?

I'm adequate...sometimes better...

Looking forward to a fun summer...

In two weeks, I'm flying to New Orleans then to Minneapolis from there to visit my favorite Anarchists in both places. 

In July, for our 25th anniversary, The Husband and I are driving to Colorado air-mattress-in-the-minivan-hippie-style to see the Jerry Garcia Symphonic Celebration with Warren Haynes and the Colorado Symphony Orchestra at Red Rocks. 

In between those trips, my son and I are going to be fighting the Battle of Gettysburg for the 150th time with about 11,000 other re-enactors, and then we'll be going to my second annual family reunion in upstate New York, started last summer by my 26 cousins and I in honor of Catherine, who would have wanted us to get together to drink heavily, play cards, and eat a roasted swine in her memory.

How are you, RD?

#219 atoyot

atoyot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,816 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:28 AM

Damn, your people are a hoot! Have fun discharging Springfields & devouring swine! And have something to "warsh" it down with...

#220 JBSF

JBSF

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,255 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:30 AM

In between those trips, my son and I are going to be fighting the Battle of Gettysburg for the 150th time with about 11,000 other re-enactors

Wow, you and your son have done the BoG re-enactment 149 times already?  How often do they do that?  ;)

#221 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,459 posts
  • Interests:Postponing my funeral 'til tomorrow....

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

In between those trips, my son and I are going to be fighting the Battle of Gettysburg for the 150th time with about 11,000 other re-enactors

Wow, you and your son have done the BoG re-enactment 149 times already?  How often do they do that?  ;)

'Til they finally get it right?....

#222 B.J. Porter

B.J. Porter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,005 posts
  • Interests:Hallberg-Rassy 53 "Evenstar"

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

Lee's never going to win it...

#223 A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,485 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

I dunno - didja ever read a fictional account called "Guns of the South"?  :-) 

#224 plchacker

plchacker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

I don't think that there is a single poster here that I wouldn't enjoy a beer with.  I don't want to start naming names primarily because I would leave many out.  For starters, those who run their own business, those who are/were military and those in education have proven without doubt the qualities I admire.  (even you far left types)  There is a great deal of personal accomplishment here.  I respect that as the supreme joy of this country.

There is from time to time pure poetry found in these posts.  Words that make you say "huh? or wow!"  There is great humor and wonderful stress relief.  When dealing with rooms full of 20 something, ambitious, challenging in more ways that most would imagine students on perpetual overload it is nice to have a place to unwind.     To trump the stress relief, I often find tidbits that are classroom worthy.  

I often wish that some of you could experience the wonderful world I live in.  You seem bitter beyond belief and lack certain freedoms, even if self denied, that you truly deserve.  Over my time here I have moved from a 240 acre spread four miles from anyone to small town, downtown historical district.  I have lived in urban places and in Europe.  It is easy for me to see why the left and the right feel the way they do.  I find it distasteful that I had to become licensed in order to to my own electrical work on my house, and ask for permission to do any work at all.  However, I truly respect the thought of having electricians licensed and the drive to keep the historical district historical.  While the libertarian in me says bureaucracy is BS, the very same keeps my neighborhood clean, safe and pleasant. I try to remain open to the viewpoints of those from the wide array of places from which we hail.  Even you Aussies.    

There are those here who have excellent educations formal or not, that I count among the wise.  Those who have been kicked around a bit and are on top despite challenges.  Those who would know how to enjoy a hunk of meat on a grill and a cold beer. Those who could reduce sail in a thirty knot blow and those who probably would try to fly a chute in the same conditions. 

I have been and will be for the duration of the Summer working on re-vamping our industrial programs. The current programs are a bit dated and my students deserve the very best I can give them.  I will also be, now that I have a license to do so, working on my house - major work.  So I won't be around much this Summer, but my wife can assure you all that it won't be because I don't enjoy reading all of your words.  Anytime I bust out laughing she simply assumes that I am on SA. 

Ya'll have fun, and thanks, one and all. 

#225 JBSF

JBSF

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,255 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

Those who could reduce sail in a thirty knot blow and those who probably would try to fly a chute in the same conditions. 

Haha, I'm definitely in the "put up the chute" crowd. In fact, one of my crew this weekend accused me of driving the boat like Ricky Bobby. When asked why Ricky Bobby, he said because his tag line was: "I just wanna go fast!"

Ok fine, so I have a tendency to heat the boat up on the run to try to get up on a plane even if I'm going away from the mark. So sue me ;)

#226 Olsonist

Olsonist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,269 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

PLC, you have a good summer.

BTW, I'm in the put up the chute crowd and that ain't an asym.

#227 LenP

LenP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,434 posts
  • Interests:sailing, kayaking, fishing, hunting, hiking, and various other outdoor activities.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

Definitely fly the chute. If it's too much wind, God will take it down for you.

#228 TheFlash

TheFlash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,566 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

As proven last weekend on the sail to Monterey, god takes it down at about 32 knots true.  Well, the 3/4 oz anyway, we put up the 2oz as a replacement and got to keep that one up.   Having a 52' boat doing 22 knots was good fun.

#229 B.J. Porter

B.J. Porter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,005 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

That's nice of him, but he won't buy me a new one afterwards.

#230 LenP

LenP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,434 posts
  • Interests:sailing, kayaking, fishing, hunting, hiking, and various other outdoor activities.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

Sheesh, you don't even believe in the guy and want him to do everything for you. :D 

#231 Chuck D.

Chuck D.

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,709 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:23 PM

This list is bullshit. I'm quite certain that none of our posts in PA are worth reading. Seriously!

None of us are here because we really think we're going to change the world by ranting about politics on a sailing forum (except maybe Happy Jack and Chuck D, those two just aren't right in the head). We're here because we're bored and it's not really socially acceptable to throw rocks at each other.

eYYBdnM.gif

#232 JBSF

JBSF

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,255 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:25 PM

He's an asshole like that.....

#233 plchacker

plchacker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

Those who could reduce sail in a thirty knot blow and those who probably would try to fly a chute in the same conditions. 

Haha, I'm definitely in the "put up the chute" crowd. In fact, one of my crew this weekend accused me of driving the boat like Ricky Bobby. When asked why Ricky Bobby, he said because his tag line was: "I just wanna go fast!"

Ok fine, so I have a tendency to heat the boat up on the run to try to get up on a plane even if I'm going away from the mark. So sue me ;)

I am addicted to speed. Good thing I stay away from bikes.  I tend to fly more sail than a sane man would.

#234 plchacker

plchacker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

PLC, you have a good summer.

BTW, I'm in the put up the chute crowd and that ain't an asym.

Thanks, you too.  I'll be around a bit, but I have mucho work on my short list.   Re-plumbing, new electrical, two bathrooms. 

NCCER Master training, new I&E, brand new Mechanical program.  Different academic track.  We have to hire two instructors along the way. 

#235 A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,485 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

I am addicted to speed. Good thing I stay away from bikes.  I tend to fly more sail than a sane man would.

but - Bikes are the cheapest speed-fix you can get, unless you like trying to make old John Deere model A engined HDs go quickly! 

:) 

You oughta get up to the Chesapeake for the Log Canoe races - it's not unusual to see those guys drive their boats underwater w/6 guys hangin' out on the board! 

#236 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,995 posts
  • Interests:Voltramax

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

I must say the Jeff is probably the most evolved of the righties. He has gone from my way or the highway to an open mind on a number of issues. Mind is like a parachute. But when it comes to his gun addiction, he won't even consider a counter argument and resorts to calling people cunts. That's what I love about him.

#237 Olsonist

Olsonist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,269 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:51 PM

Jeff on guns: Twats that you say? I cunt hear you.

Jeff on anything else:

Brainlobes.GIF

#238 JBSF

JBSF

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,255 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:07 PM

Jeff on anything else:

Brainlobes.GIF

Really?  I'm interested in what you think my position on guns actually is.  You might want to do some reading first before you answer that so you don't look stoopid. 

#239 plchacker

plchacker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

but - Bikes are the cheapest speed-fix you can get, unless you like trying to make old John Deere model A engined HDs go quickly! 

You oughta get up to the Chesapeake for the Log Canoe races - it's not unusual to see those guys drive their boats underwater w/6 guys hangin' out on the board! 

The last bike I rode, rode me.   A sandy spot in a curve in a dip on a mountain road is no place to test the traction of a street bike.  I'm okay on four wheels.  :o  The Log Canoe's sound like fun. I love dinghies.  I have a Capri Cyclone that serves to keep my ducking skills in good order.   I really wish there was a decent climbing area close by.  I miss climbing. 

#240 mainsheetsister

mainsheetsister

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
    and
    the sky

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:08 PM

Have always wanted to ride a motorcycle. 

Someday....

#241 JMD

JMD

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,394 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

Speed is relative.  Reaching on a Laser in 20+ knots is much slower than riding in the middle seat on an airplane between two fatties.

#242 Olsonist

Olsonist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,269 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

Whatever floats your boat.

#243 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,202 posts

The last bike I rode, rode me.   A sandy spot in a curve in a dip on a mountain road is no place to test the traction of a street bike.  I'm okay on four wheels.  :o  The Log Canoe's sound like fun. I love dinghies.  I have a Capri Cyclone that serves to keep my ducking skills in good order.   I really wish there was a decent climbing area close by.  I miss climbing. 

I played around with dirt bikes for a bit.  Then I decided that I was going to kill myself if I kept it up.  Every time I rode one I felt all sense of restraint slipping away.

#244 mainsheetsister

mainsheetsister

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
    and
    the sky

Nope, but some of the Confederate re-enactors still think they can win this war....scary fuckers, some of them....

#245 Olsonist

Olsonist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,269 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:22 PM

Nope, but some of the Confederate re-enactors still think they can win this war....scary fuckers, some of them....

And Newt Gingrich wrote such a book for them!

51C%2B9HRDmFL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-st

The Battle of Gettysburg has become the great "what if" of American history. Gettysburg unfolds an alternate path and creates for General Robert E. Lee the victory he might have won. Full of dramatic battle scenes, military strategy, and captivating period details, Gettysburg stands as a remarkable entry in the pantheon of Civil War literature and as a vivid novel of the realities of war.

The year is 1863, and General Robert E. Lee and his Army of Northern Virginia are poised to attack the North and claim the victory that could end the brutal conflict. Launching his men into a vast sweeping operation, General Lee, acting as he did at Chancellorsville, Second Manassas, and Antietam, displays the audacity of old. He knows he has but one more good chance to gain ultimate victory. Now Lee's lieutenants and the men in the ranks, imbued with this renewed spirit of the offensive, embark on the Gettysburg Campaign that many dream "should have been"...

#246 benwynn

benwynn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,018 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:27 PM

Can we get back to the original topic here, and express some admiration for those posters who made "the list"?

#247 mainsheetsister

mainsheetsister

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
    and
    the sky

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

And Newt Gingrich wrote a book for them!

He's an asshole like that.....

God help us......

oh, wait...never mind!

#248 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,698 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

Interesting departure from the thread, I saw an article on the Internet over the weekend that wondered openly why we have at least 10 military installations named for Confederate soldiers. There was one in Tennessee now closed, that honored Nathan Bedford Forrest, prominent slave trader, Southern General and founder of the Ku Klux Klan.

A reasonable person can wonder why we did this, certainly honoring soldiers who brought pride, sacrifice and honor, should lead the list.

#249 Satan

Satan

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:39 PM

Can we get back to the original topic here, and express some admiration for those posters who made "the list"?

AMEN!

#250 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

so far its everyone but VWaP and happy malarkey

#251 No.6

No.6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,190 posts
  • Interests:Danger

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

Maybe we should move on to crowning the homecoming king and queen?

#252 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,995 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

Have always wanted to ride a motorcycle. 

Someday....

I'll give you a ride on my crotchrocket, Honda Vfr 800. It's a gentleman's rocket.
Ass, grass or gas, but no free ride.

#253 tikipete

tikipete

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:56 PM

IIrc, if the confederates had gotten past Chamberlain they would have run into the bulk of the Union reserves. It wasn't even close folks, when Custer routed J.E.B. Stewart it was game over.

#254 benwynn

benwynn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,018 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:01 AM

I'd appreciate if you didn't move at all.   The bells in your hat are getting annoying.

#255 Point Break

Point Break

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,154 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:07 AM

I'd appreciate if you didn't move at all.   The bells in your hat are getting annoying.
Dude.,....sometimes you are funny beyond words. I'm keeping that one and not even giving you credit. Seriously.

#256 learningj24

learningj24

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:16 AM

IIrc, if the confederates had gotten past Chamberlain they would have run into the bulk of the Union reserves. It wasn't even close folks, when Custer routed J.E.B. Stewart it was game over.

Of course, if Lee could have kept control of Stuart and the screen had prevented Chamberlain from getting to the hill.....

#257 kmccabe

kmccabe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,028 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:50 AM

Dude.,....sometimes you are funny beyond words. I'm keeping that one and not even giving you credit. Seriously.

Yea, he's a real hoot sometimes. He definitely belongs on that list. I'm sure he's on many, many lists for that matter. 

#258 tikipete

tikipete

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:10 AM

Of course, if Lee could have kept control of Stuart and the screen had prevented Chamberlain from getting to the hill.....

Too many ifs. The south started the war and they had one cannon factory and 400(?) miles of RR? PLZ! Besides, I've heard it said Lee never had a single strategic victory. Tactical brilliance not withstanding, the war was lost as soon as the first shot was fired. What a horrible, terrible waste of life without ever the possibility of victory and a morally bankrupt cause.

#259 puffyjman

puffyjman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,618 posts
  • Interests:j-boats, growing jalapenos and other horticultural experiments, chocolate labs,(R.I.P. Dexter my friend) bitching and complaining

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:06 AM

Too many ifs. The south started the war and they had one cannon factory and 400(?) miles of RR? PLZ! Besides, I've heard it said Lee never had a single strategic victory. Tactical brilliance not withstanding, the war was lost as soon as the first shot was fired. What a horrible, terrible waste of life without ever the possibility of victory and a morally bankrupt cause.

If Washington, Jefferson,Hamilton,et al. had your attitude we would still be a colony to this day.

#260 tikipete

tikipete

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:26 AM

Tell me you didn't just compare Jefferson Davis to Thomas Jefferson.

#261 benwynn

benwynn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,018 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:23 AM

Let's get this show on the road....

Need your conversation advanced?  I'm your man.  Get your conversation advanced for the low, low, introductory rate of just $500.00.**

Nothing is more frustrating that seeing your conversation whither and die. For less than the price of a 1970's era Prindle 16 on ebay (With Reserve) you can relax, knowing that your conversation is being advanced, even while you eat, sleep, bang the wife, etc.  Buy before June 30, 2013 and receive a Happy Jack Owning absolutely FREE!  Contract our services today!!!

JaScwBZ.jpg

** Offer restricted to registered users of the Sailing Anarchy Forums.  Must have posted in Sailing Anarchy in the past 7 days. Conversations involving No 6, Squirel, Gator, Anthonyvop, or VwaP subject to 20% idiot fuel surcharge. Surcharge may also apply to other idiots I forgot about when I wrote this.  Members who disclose what school they attended, or have used "Are you retarded" as the opening phrase of their post more than 150 fucking times are ineligible.  Offer not valid to residents of Indonesia,

#262 mikeys clone no1

mikeys clone no1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:32 AM

Jeff on anything else:

Brainlobes.GIF

Really?  I'm interested in what you think my position on guns actually is.  You might want to do some reading first before you answer that so you don't look stoopid. 

i thought your position on rights was much stronger than your position on guns. its not you fault that 200+ years ago someone joined them at the hip.

#263 mikeys clone no1

mikeys clone no1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:34 AM

history has never been kind to those living in the past............

#264 JBSF

JBSF

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,255 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:36 AM

Shaddup and go get me a cocktail, peon.

#265 JBSF

JBSF

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,255 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:41 AM

Let's get this show on the road....

Need your conversation advanced?  I'm your man.  Get your conversation advanced for the low, low, introductory rate of just $500.00.**

Nothing is more frustrating that seeing your conversation whither and die. For less than the price of a 1970's era Prindle 16 on ebay (With Reserve) you can relax, knowing that your conversation is being advanced, even while you eat, sleep, bang the wife, etc.  Buy before June 30, 2013 and receive a Happy Jack Owning absolutely FREE!  Contract our services today!!!

JaScwBZ.jpg

** Offer restricted to registered users of the Sailing Anarchy Forums.  Must have posted in Sailing Anarchy in the past 7 days. Conversations involving No 6, Squirel, Gator, Anthonyvop, or VawP subject to 20% idiot fuel surcharge. Surcharge may also apply to other idiots I forgot about when I wrote this.  Members who disclose what school they attended, or have used "Are you retarded" as the opening phrase of their post more than 150 fucking times are ineligible.  Offer not valid to residents of Indonesia,

Not only do you owe me a new keyboard and monitor..... but I'm going to send you the medical bill for the cracked rib.  FUCKER!  :lol: :lol:

#266 benwynn

benwynn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,018 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:50 AM

Not only do you owe me a new keyboard and monitor..... but I'm going to send you the medical bill for the cracked rib.  FUCKER!  :lol: :lol:

Thank you, sir.  I put some effort into that one.

#267 mikeys clone no1

mikeys clone no1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:36 AM

and it shows..........especially those last 2 sentences

#268 SA's Sockpuppet Godess

SA's Sockpuppet Godess

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Interests:Anoying others on SA espeically the animals in PA

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:14 AM

Certainly quoting myself is tacky but it is always less tacky than quoting any of the morons who share this band waste.
I only am doing so to remind each of you,
Oh hell! Just read the last sentence below.

Worth reading is a barely a compliment yet overstates the value of the entire Political Anarchy section of these forums.
PA is a valueless time sucking morass composed by the most pathetic of the SA members.

With that caveat to my comments clearly established, I read the PA section only when I have found nothing anywhere else on the forums but refuse to go back to bring productive or sleeping.
To that end I either browse this boring section to induce the needed sleep.
Or
I read these forums seeking out clever retorts to the unsupported claims of fools, have myself a giggle, and sometimes even try my own hand at being an offensive ass.

Benwynn consistently produces relatively cutting sarcasm . He ought to be on both lists

#269 tikipete

tikipete

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:54 AM

You have really nice tits, are they yours?

#270 d'ranger

d'ranger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,326 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

Many of us strive to reach the biting wit of ben, but alas only benwynns. 

#271 kmccabe

kmccabe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,028 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

it really is a skill. Hat's off...

#272 mikeys clone no1

mikeys clone no1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:34 PM

Many of us strive to reach the biting wit of ben, but alas only benwynns. 

Oscar Wilde once said that "sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but the highest form of intelligence,"

i notice he never mentioned puns........

#273 mainsheetsister

mainsheetsister

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
    and
    the sky

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:03 AM

Have you ever heard of the sarchasm?

It is the gap between my sarcasm and your understanding of it.

And I went to school to be a wit, but only got halfway through.

#274 mikeys clone no1

mikeys clone no1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:31 AM

normally when i have sex, i get a laugh. i think someone here has already come up with that noun.

#275 Snaggletooth

Snaggletooth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,546 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:21 PM

wowe, what a greate theade!!   Its licke a mini-searese.

#276 billy backstay

billy backstay

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,830 posts
  • Interests:boats, cars, girls....

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

Have you ever heard of the sarchasm?

It is the gap between my sarcasm and your understanding of it.

And I went to school to be a wit, but only got halfway through.

I don't sail slow and I don't sail fast; I sail half-fast!! ; - )

#277 d'ranger

d'ranger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,326 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:17 PM

I can work pretty and I can work fast. I can't work pretty fast. 

#278 Point Break

Point Break

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,154 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

In that spirit I remember a saying I heard in the military:

"There are old fighter pilots and there are bold fighter pilots, but there are no old bold fighter pilots."

#279 kmccabe

kmccabe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,028 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

may God protect them all. 

#280 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,995 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:38 PM

may God protect them all. 

Or a few good A&Ps. I leave god to sort out the big stuff, like who gets the good mechanic and who gets the washout.

#281 B.J. Porter

B.J. Porter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,005 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:39 PM

In that spirit I remember a saying I heard in the military:

"There are old fighter pilots and there are bold fighter pilots, but there are no old bold fighter pilots."

In the software business it was "You can have it good, fast, or cheap - pick two."

Of course that applies to almost any custom, built to order product.

#282 austin1972

austin1972

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,842 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:24 PM

Yeah BJ, I go through that daily, except it's good,cheap or fast. Pick 2.

I had a really good experience with the Northwest School of Boat Building.   They got it.  Clients rarely do.

Hard customers.  Wonderful to work with.  That's why they're in my sig now.

They got their site cheap and good.  The best combo.

#283 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,459 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:04 AM

I had a really good experience with the Northwest School of Boat Building.   They got it.  Clients rarely do.

You did notice this little dingy project they've got going?.....

Bob-Perry-Double-Ended-Day-Sailor-150x15

Bob Perry Double Ended Day Sailor

Robert Perry 62′ Yacht “Sliver”

Instructor: Bruce Blatchley

Photo Gallery

This 62-foot strip-planked day sailor was designed by the renowned designer Robert Perry for a client here in the Pacific Northwest. www.perryboat.com/

www.perryboat.com/page/bio

Bob Perry has been very pleased with the School’s progress on the boat, and has remarked more than once that he feels we are doing a superlative job on the construction.

The boat was built on molds cut by Turn Point Design in Port Townsend.turnpointdesign.com/

The hull is western red cedar sheathed in 24-ounce fiberglass. WEST System products have been used throughout the project. www.westsystem.com/ss/

-

#284 frenchie

frenchie

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,414 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:26 AM

Drool.

#285 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,459 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:39 AM

Drool.

Sawdust orgasms....

#286 mainsheetsister

mainsheetsister

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
    and
    the sky

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:42 AM

Drool.

Sawdust orgasms....

that sounds painful....or uncomfortable at least...

#287 atoyot

atoyot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,816 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:49 AM

I don't sail slow and I don't sail fast; I sail half-fast!! ; - )

Never begin vast project, with half-vast planning.

#288 atoyot

atoyot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,816 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:53 AM

Drool.

Sawdust orgasms....

Wood on wood tends to creak a bit. It can even produce smoke if forced hard & fast; some like to finish the more involved productions in oil and then wax it afterwards.

#289 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,459 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:59 AM

Drool.

Sawdust orgasms....

Wood on wood tends to creak a bit. It can even produce smoke if forced hard & fast; some like to finish the more involved productions in oil and then wax it afterwards.

I've always preferred linseed oil for my wood massage media.....

#290 elle

elle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,256 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:46 AM

it's called a soap opera, my friend.

#291 elle

elle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,256 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:51 AM

Drool.

Sawdust orgasms....

friction....which can be good or bad...depending on the circumstance.

#292 TheFlash

TheFlash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,566 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:54 AM

Life is a search for a suitable source of friction.

#293 elle

elle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,256 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:58 AM

indeed.  

#294 Snaggletooth

Snaggletooth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,546 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:59 AM

in wheare?

#295 mainsheetsister

mainsheetsister

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
    and
    the sky

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:59 AM

all it needs is a cliff-hanger every now and then...

#296 LenP

LenP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,434 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:56 PM

A good iterative approach will get you all three. The first release, and each subsequent release, comes out fast. Features in each release are kept to a minimum, thus reducing bugs and quality control issues. Less time chasing bugs, smaller teams, and quick release cycles give you the minimal cost for the end result you arrive at. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

#297 LenP

LenP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,434 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

all it needs is a cliff-hanger every now and then...

Wouldn't HJ disappearing on his world solitude cruise qualify? All sorts of speculation on which sock puppet he might have his hand up. The Yoohoo thread of awareness to make sure his memory does not fade. Almost on par with who shot JR.

#298 B.J. Porter

B.J. Porter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,005 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:05 PM

A good iterative approach will get you all three. The first release, and each subsequent release, comes out fast. Features in each release are kept to a minimum, thus reducing bugs and quality control issues. Less time chasing bugs, smaller teams, and quick release cycles give you the minimal cost for the end result you arrive at. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Yeah, but how often does the client understand that?

They give you a deposit, they expect your programmers to be sitting down writing code that afternoon and the first Beta candidate should be the final product with everything they want in it.  Never mind trying to explain to them that only about 15% of their payment is actually going to writing code, they seem to think that's the only thing they should have to pay for and if you are writing use cases or design documents you are wasting time and money!

Besides, there's usually some core chunk of functionality without which the system is completely useless and it's hard to talk clients off that ledge.

You are confusing reality with perception...

#299 LenP

LenP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,434 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:55 AM

They give you a deposit, they expect your programmers to be sitting down writing code that afternoon and the first Beta candidate should be the final product with everything they want in it.  Never mind trying to explain to them that only about 15% of their payment is actually going to writing code, they seem to think that's the only thing they should have to pay for and if you are writing use cases or design documents you are wasting time and money!

Besides, there's usually some core chunk of functionality without which the system is completely useless and it's hard to talk clients off that ledge.

No doubt, difficult clients make for difficult projects. In those cases, you may end up with something expensive, late, and still bad. There are good clients too though, and if you can work with them on an iterative process, release early. release often, you can get something that works well, delivered quickly, and for remarkably little. SAILfeed went up like that. When I get around to it I am going to put together a case study for Drupal.org on that build.

It does not work for everything, I would not recommend an agile methodology for air traffic control systems, but it works well in tons of projects.

#300 B.J. Porter

B.J. Porter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,005 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:58 AM

No doubt, difficult clients make for difficult projects. In those cases, you may end up with something expensive, late, and still bad. There are good clients too though, and if you can work with them on an iterative process, release early. release often, you can get something that works well, delivered quickly, and for remarkably little. SAILfeed went up like that. When I get around to it I am going to put together a case study for Drupal.org on that build.

It does not work for everything, I would not recommend an agile methodology for air traffic control systems, but it works well in tons of projects.

True, I had some clients that were smarter about that sort of thing.  But they were also willing to pay for it to happen, so the "cheap" option didn't really apply though you could make a strong argument for "value".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users