• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dewey Devil

Dewey Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:54 PM

J/70, J/80, VX One and Viper class skippers who need crew to race Mondays and Tuesdays in Newport and Saturdays in Marblehead can call me at (857)321-9569; open to other clubs/dates with one-design starts or sailing with those trying to grow these sportboat fleets at their clubs.  Several years of small sportboat experience (J-80 and Melges 24 classes, all positions) at venues like Key West, St Pete, Charleston (and of course Annapolis). Former J/24, SRMax and JY/15 helmsman and tactician, JY/15 fleet captain in NC and commodore and skipper of my college sailing club.

#2 Streetwise

Streetwise

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Interests:Viper 640 #18

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

You might want to register on the Viper 640 forum and post a message there too. For VX, I think you want to get in touch with Jim Myers at Intensity Sails. There is also a VX One forum.

#3 Vogel515

Vogel515

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, snowboarding, skiing

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

https://www.facebook...636780/?fref=ts

#4 Dewey Devil

Dewey Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:39 PM

Thanks to both of you; have been in touch with Tim Pitts and Jim Myers; actually sailed the VX doublehanded in 20-30 kts a couple wks ago in Newport and had a blast; also been in touch with Dan Tucker about the Viper and Morgan and Henry about the Newport and Marblehead J/70 fleets; raced with Morgan at Leukemia Cup...just using this as another avenue to reach out to skippers!

#5 jerryj2me

jerryj2me

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:42 PM

Get in touch with:

Throatwarbler-Mangrove

(SA user name)

He races a J-109 out of Marion.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: crew, Marblehead, Newport, J70, J80, Viper, VX, VXOne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users