#1 haligonian winterr

haligonian winterr

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • Interests:Going Fast.

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:16 PM

Looking at starting and ocean up here in Hali Town, have a definite course and start year, just scheduling to pick a date.

Question is, what would you guys want? And what makes a race survive? I want this to be the kind of race my kids can do when theyre old enough.

Start/finish port is halifax, probably going to wind up being a Cat1

Lets hear it!

HW

#2 haligonian winterr

haligonian winterr

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:17 PM

Excuse the spelling, posting from a bus driving down a Canadian back road...

HW

#3 Cruisin Loser

Cruisin Loser

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,639 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, rock climbing, skiing, steatopygia, stuff

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:12 AM

Is there any other kind of Canadian road?

(Lord, I apologize for that,)

#4 v-max

v-max

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts
  • Interests:Vary daily

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:29 AM

Hmmmmm.....

What do you have in mind?

#5 haligonian winterr

haligonian winterr

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:51 PM

Waterfront start, sable island to port, finish.

HW

#6 minstrel70

minstrel70

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:46 AM

Let's talk about this over pints in Halifax after the race. There was some discussion in Saint Pierre last summer in a similar vein, although Sable Island wasn't part of it (nor for that matter were pints a part of it -- it was the scotch talking) and I'm basically willing to work on anything that gets me sailing in Nova Scotia waters more than once a year. Assuming you're around that week, look for me and keel trimmer at RNSYS.

#7 haligonian winterr

haligonian winterr

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:11 AM

Im actually stuck working in Cape Breton all that week, so I cant make it down. Let me know what you guys want though, and itll happen. Looking at running it potentially opposite marblehead, and having it become one of the go-to east coast races . (Mini freindly of course ;) )

I will however be around saturday morning for the second BORC Rave start, would love to meet ypu guys then!

HW

Let's talk about this over pints in Halifax after the race. There was some discussion in Saint Pierre last summer in a similar vein, although Sable Island wasn't part of it (nor for that matter were pints a part of it -- it was the scotch talking) and I'm basically willing to work on anything that gets me sailing in Nova Scotia waters more than once a year. Assuming you're around that week, look for me and keel trimmer at RNSYS.

#8 minstrel70

minstrel70

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

I will however be around saturday morning for the second BORC Rave start, would love to meet ypu guys then!

HW

If you mean Saturday 7/13, you got it. We don't leave until Sunday. I'll PM you my contact info.

#9 NautiGirl

NautiGirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:00 PM

Time of year? 

Keep in mind RHSP runs on opposite years to MHOR. 

We would consider such a race, if it started on a Thursday or Friday. For us, ocean racing becomes our summer vacation. RHSP is a 2 week proposition for us, and part of the appeal is ending up somewhere other than where we started, enjoying the culture and hospitality, and time to cruise and relax on our way back. (Not everyone does that of course, but a good chunk of boats do).

So, if it didn't conflict with that race, and I didn't have to take another full week off work, I could be game.  I don't know if it would attract a lot of boats from away though, but I could be wrong.

Im actually stuck working in Cape Breton all that week, so I cant make it down. Let me know what you guys want though, and itll happen. Looking at running it potentially opposite marblehead, and having it become one of the go-to east coast races . (Mini freindly of course ;) )

HW

#10 haligonian winterr

haligonian winterr

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

Likely sometime after marblehead, personally, as a racer and looking at my future boat (minis dont exactly cruise well), im trying to appeal to the racey crowd, but part of the draw (I think) will be the lack of logistics in delivering boats and such.

Another option would potentially be opposite Bermuda, but then youd have to go back down to Marblehead if youre a foreign boat.

I personally just want a hardcore ocean race on my doorstep that I can try to win every second year.

Might potentially be a (hungover-bacon-filled) get together the saturday morning following the Marblehead party, right before the second BORC race which im coming back for

Best of luck in the race! Cant wait to see everyone again.

HW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users