5 replies to this topic

#1 Doug Lord

Doug Lord

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts
  • Interests:Foiler design and development,.........sailing fast,
    movable ballast systems and..... justice.

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:06 PM

Looks like a real interesting design submitted to proboat: http://www.proboat.c...for-adults.html

Attached Files

#2 BalticBandit

BalticBandit

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,728 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:24 PM

Interesting?  Why?  to whom?  the 12'er stitch and glues from the other thread are way more interesting because they have better performance and are easier to build by appearances.   There are plenty of "intro boats" for adults, but the market is extremely limited because once an adult learns to sail that training boat is not likely to be fun for them (The Laser II was an exception).

Meanwhile WTF is up with you going and trash talking about me behind my back?   Are you really the kind of spineless asshole that makes you look like?

#3 Chris O

Chris O

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts
  • Interests:Small craft design. Still and motion photography

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

It's truly fascinating that The Lord is posting this design from ProBoat here. It isn't a righteous speed machine, doesn't have any lifting foils and isn't festooned with a mountain of complex, hard to maintain crapola in order to justify its presence... just a simple, straight-forward sailing boat that gets folks out on the water to enjoy the whole, sailing experience.

Looks like Lord has just signed-on to my boat design philosophy and given the entire concept a hearty endorsement... ;-)

CO

#4 TheFlash

TheFlash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,975 posts
  • Interests:Rum

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:32 PM

Seems like a complex way to make a simple slow boat, with a rig optimized for high speed.

I suppose given the designer is an architect, he took the Hot Rod approach to the build.

#5 Phil S

Phil S

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:47 PM

What an ugly box.

A maybe less ugly box designed 50 years ago by the ubiquitous Jack Holt was the Mirror dinghy, which has served the exact same purpose in many countries around the world and continues to do so. Its also much simpler to build without the need for a clumbsy jig.

http://www.mirrorsailing.org/

#6 nbb

nbb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:38 PM

that boat is a pos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users