Let's sing the Blame Game. Nothing is ever Obama's fault.

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,825 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:35 PM

"The Blame Game"
Sung to the tune or SHIRLEY ELLIS's
"The Name Game"

The Blame game!

Congress!

Congress, Congress bo Bongress Bonana fanna fo Fongress
Fee fy mo Mongress Congress!

Come on everybody!
I say now let's play a game
I betcha I can pass the Blame for any Obama Shame
The first letter of the Blame, I treat it like it wasn't there
But a B or an F or an M will appear
And then I say bo add a B then I say the Blame and Bonana fanna and a fo
And then I say the Blame again with an F very plain
and a fee fy and a mo
And then I say the Blame again with an M this time
and there isn't any Shame that I can't slime

Sun!
Sun, Sun bo Bun Bonana fanna fo Fun
Fee fy mo Mun Sun!

But if the first two letters are ever the same,
I drop them both and say the Blame like
Boehner, Boehner drop the B's Bo oehner
For Fox, Fox drop the F's Fo ox
For Mary, Mary drop the M's Mo ary
That's the only rule that is contrary.

Bush!
Bush, Bush bo ush Bonana fanna fo Fush
Fee fy mo Mush, Bush!

The Blame Game!

Matthews: Berlin Sun ‘Ruined’ Obama’s Speech

#2 Olsonist

Olsonist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,269 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

yoohoo_martini.jpg

#3 Dog

Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,595 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:19 PM

One

#4 Jon Eisberg

Jon Eisberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,988 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:22 PM

The best thing about a Happy Jack link is invariably the 'Comments' section...

GoneApe  16 minutes ago

He only has a voice and mostly correct pronunciation which with his DNA makes him seem like a genius.

Jig-B-Gone 38 minutes ago

Next time bring Michelle...the crowd will be to busy looking at her and vomiting to hear how badly you f u c k everything up.

Getajob  11 minutes ago

he does not want to let "ax" slip out in a speech when he is winging it.

#5 Dog

Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,595 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

Two

#6 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,698 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:47 PM

Wow, it's great that you can count Dog, now if you can just learn to read and spell, you'll have a better chance at a job and won't have to come here anymore for pity.

#7 Olsonist

Olsonist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,269 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

#8 Dog

Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,595 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:30 PM

Yeah...Like I'm the one HJ has jumping through hoops.

#9 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:37 PM

Yeah...Like I'm the one HJ has jumping through hoops.

I really enjoy when other posters start using the nicknames Sol has assigned to some people.
Bunch of Sheeple

#10 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,698 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:38 PM

3 posts out of 7, Dog. I'd say that makes you HJ's lead Dog.

#11 Dog

Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,595 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:45 PM

I'm performing a public service that hopefully will result in less clutter on the forum.

#12 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:47 PM

3 posts out of 7, Dog. I'd say that makes you HJ's lead Dog.

more math problems

I can understand once you run out of fingers and toes, but having trouble counting to 8 is sad.

#13 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,698 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:52 PM

I'd never call you stupid TM, but you seem to have really bad luck when it comes to thinking.

#14 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:58 PM

I'd never call you stupid TM, but you seem to have really bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Hint: Dog's third post which you referenced was number 8. Mine was 9. Your little dig at dog was 10.

#15 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,698 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:06 PM

What's that stupid old joke? When you were born they arrested your doctor for delivering dope. It applies to you TM, it applies to you.

#16 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,459 posts
  • Interests:Postponing my funeral 'til tomorrow....

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:26 PM

Look, Gurlz, even Happy has to admit that the half-white guy is far & away the best president this country has had since '09........

#17 benwynn

benwynn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,018 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:00 AM

Time began on Jan 20, 2009.

#18 No.6

No.6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,190 posts
  • Interests:Danger

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:06 AM

New Happy thread, check.
Diarrhea martini, check.
Bad-L insulting everyone's intelligence, check.
Glad this place never gets stale.

#19 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:18 AM

What's that stupid old joke? When you were born they arrested your doctor for delivering dope. It applies to you TM, it applies to you.

Never heard that one. Must be a California original. Still waiting for an explanation on your inability to count to eight correctly. Come on I'm sure there is something you can use to explain your math

#20 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,698 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:26 AM

You're forcing me to reconsider the possibility of reincarnation. I don't think anyone can be as stupid as you in one lifetime.

#21 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:30 AM

You're forcing me to reconsider the possibility of reincarnation. I don't think anyone can be as stupid as you in one lifetime.

I think the saying sticks and stones... Covered the whole country. Now care to explain your continuing refusal to answer a basic math problem. No one is laughing with you they are laughing at you.

#22 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,698 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:33 AM

You'll get it, just concentrate harder.

#23 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:00 AM

You'll get it, just concentrate harder.

You should be reincarnated as a three toes sloth, less digits to lose track of.

#24 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,698 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:04 AM

You're giving everyone a clue why animals eat their young.

#25 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:39 AM

You're giving everyone a clue why animals eat their young.

sloths don't do that you'll be fine.

#26 Bent Sailor

Bent Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts
  • Interests:Sailing
    Software Development
    A Good Yarn with Mates

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:16 AM

So is it only talking about Happy Jack that's a problem or does any thread devolving into a discussion about a poster count? Just trying to determine the right level of sanctimony required for responding.

#27 Olsonist

Olsonist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,269 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:25 AM

It's not a Doggy doo doo if Dog do it. But if you do it, you do a doo doo. If you don't do a doo doo, Yoo Hoo!

#28 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,825 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:17 AM

Come on guys sing the song,,, 

#29 Jon Eisberg

Jon Eisberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,988 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:50 AM

So, did anyone actually watch the speech?  To be sure, not among his finest , but is it really fair to suggest it was "ruined" by his use of the text instead of a teleprompter?

Watching it objectively, seems one would have to admit that freakin' glass partition created one of the more bizarre, distracting setups for such an occasion that I've ever seen... Coupled with the blistering heat, it's not entirely surprising he might have been off his usual game...

yeah, I know, more excuses... Romney would have made Berliners forget about that other pol from Massachussetts forever, no doubt...

article-2344442-1A671657000005DC-653_634

1371660420-brandenburg-gate-speechobama-

#30 d'ranger

d'ranger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,326 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:36 AM

New Happy thread, check.
Diarrhea martini, check.
Bad-L insulting everyone's intelligence, check.
Glad this place never gets stale.

'No.2 dropping by for a dump, check.

#31 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,825 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:07 PM

Ouch. The Telegraph does not mince words...

"In stark contrast to that of his presidential predecessors, Barack Obama’s message on Wednesday was pure mush, another clichéd “citizens of the world” polemic with little substance. This was a speech big on platitudes and hopeless idealism, while containing much that was counter-productive for the world’s superpower. Ultimately it was little more than a laundry list of Obama’s favourite liberal pet causes, including cutting nuclear weapons, warning about climate change, putting an end to all wars, shutting Guantanamo, ending global poverty, and backing the European Project. It was a combination of staggering naiveté, the appeasement of America’s enemies and strategic adversaries, and the championing of more big government solutions."

http://blogs.telegra...ring-president/

#32 d'ranger

d'ranger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,326 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:11 PM

If you ever want to know what kind of writer Happy likes just read the comments in his links.  Classic stuff. 

#33 Bent Sailor

Bent Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts
    Software Development
    A Good Yarn with Mates

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:45 PM

Now I wonder why Neil Gardiner might have a poor opinion of Obama (which is what the blog is - the man's opinion)... wonder if his bio at the top of the page might help us determine that?

Nile Gardiner is a Washington-based foreign affairs analyst and political commentator. A former aide to Margaret Thatcher, Gardiner has served as a foreign policy adviser to two US presidential campaigns. He appears frequently on American and British television, including Fox News Channel, BBC, and Fox Business Network.

#34 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,825 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:25 PM

Now I wonder why Neil Gardiner might have a poor opinion of Obama (which is what the blog is - the man's opinion)... wonder if his bio at the top of the page might help us determine that?

Nile Gardiner is a Washington-based foreign affairs analyst and political commentator. A former aide to Margaret Thatcher, Gardiner has served as a foreign policy adviser to two US presidential campaigns. He appears frequently on American and British television, including Fox News Channel, BBC, and Fox Business Network.

Oh no not FOX News.. 

How about the National Journal then?

"President Obama's honeymoon with the world is over.

What was it, exactly, about Obama's controversy-marred trip to Germany and the G8 Summit in Northern Ireland that fell so flat? Ummm, how about … everything?  

There were the snarky words from Vladimir Putin, who expressed an almost Soviet-esque distance from Washington in his views about Syria. "Of course our opinions do not coincide," the Russian leader said bluntly. There was the coded warning from Chancellor Angela Merkel about spying on friends, and her and Obama's continuing frostiness over the issue of economic stimulus versus austerity. Above all, there was Obama's vague attempt at the Brandenburg Gate to capture some wisp of his past glory by pledging vague plans to cut nuclear arms and an even vaguer concept of "peace with justice."

The "peace with justice" line was a quote from John F. Kennedy, Obama's attempt to steal just a little of JFK's thunder from 50 years before. He didn't come away with much, winning just a smattering of applause from a crowd that was one one-hundredth the size of JFK's. A crowd that, at about 4,500, was also much, much smaller than Obama drew as a candidate in 2008.

Not only is the honeymoon long over, folks. The marriage is becoming deeply troubled and, increasingly, loveless."

#35 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,995 posts
  • Interests:Voltramax

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

Not only is the honeymoon long over, folks. The marriage is becoming deeply troubled and, increasingly, loveless."

Like your first 3 marriages?  You know the Estonian, Austrailian and Brazillian?  Or are you still married to all of them?

#36 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

So, did anyone actually watch the speech? To be sure, not among his finest , but is it really fair to suggest it was "ruined" by his use of the text instead of a teleprompter?

Watching it objectively, seems one would have to admit that freakin' glass partition created one of the more bizarre, distracting setups for such an occasion that I've ever seen... Coupled with the blistering heat, it's not entirely surprising he might have been off his usual game...

yeah, I know, more excuses... Romney would have made Berliners forget about that other pol from Massachussetts forever, no doubt...

If they had made it out of frozen CO2 it would have kept him cooler.

I started to watch it and when he started off with 'Angela and I don't look like other world leaders' my immediate thought was that I hadn't heard that line since his first presidential campaign. Perhaps even his last speech in Germany while still a senator.

Then, he got into closing GITMO and ending global warming and giving us world peace. I thought maybe he hadn't worn that suit since then and still had the old speech in his pocket.

#37 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,995 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:37 PM

At least he didn't say he was a jelly donut.

#38 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:44 PM

At least he didn't say he was a jelly donut.

No need to state the obvious.

#39 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,547 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:44 PM

So, did anyone actually watch the speech? To be sure, not among his finest , but is it really fair to suggest it was "ruined" by his use of the text instead of a teleprompter?

I started to watch it and when he started off with 'Angela and I don't look like other world leaders' my immediate thought was that I hadn't heard that line since his first presidential campaign. Perhaps even his last speech in Germany while still a senator.

Then, he got into closing GITMO and ending global warming and giving us world peace. I thought maybe he hadn't worn that suit since then and still had the old speech in his pocket.

Then we'd have to hear people enlighten us on how the complete melting of the Brandenburg Glacier has threatened the existence of some South Pacific Island.

I find it interesting that the crowd shrunk down to about 5,000 people for this Obama appearance from the estimated 200,000 when he spoke back in '08.

#40 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:46 PM

Then we'd have to hear people enlighten us on how the complete melting of the Brandenburg Glacier has threatened the existence of some South Pacific Island.

I find it interesting that the crowd shrunk down to about 5,000 people for this Obama appearance from the estimated 200,000 when he spoke back in '08.

I think the lack of a rock concert and free beer and wursts had something to do with the decline.

In fact, they had to issue 'invitations'.  Good germans know what that means.

#41 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,995 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

Obama would have trouble getting elected in Germany.  So sad.  But Benghazi, the guy just kills there.

#42 Dog

Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,595 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

It's not a Doggy doo doo if Dog do it. But if you do it, you do a doo doo. If you don't do a doo doo, Yoo Hoo!

“The blame game”, are you kidding me? Do you think HJ has any other purpose than to crank you up and watch you go? If you’re happy being his play thing carry on, sorry for the interruption.

#43 Remodel

Remodel

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,438 posts
  • Interests:Sailboat racing and long distance cruising

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:07 PM

Geez Louise. I go away for a couple of days and this place slips even further over the edge into insanity.

#44 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,825 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:39 PM

“The blame game”, are you kidding me? Do you think HJ has any other purpose than to crank you up and watch you go? If you’re happy being his play thing carry on, sorry for the interruption.

Sorry Dog but that is never my goal. This thread was playful and mocking Chris Matthews for his lame attempt to blame the sun for Obama's lackluster speech. Even so  you have to admit this presidency has been rife with excuses and likes passing the blame.  It is a fair and factual criticism of this president to point out his propensity to avoid responsibility.

#45 saxdog

saxdog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

Oh no not FOX News.. 

How about the National Journal then?

"President Obama's honeymoon with the world is over.

What was it, exactly, about Obama's controversy-marred trip to Germany and the G8 Summit in Northern Ireland that fell so flat? Ummm, how about … everything?  

There were the snarky words from Vladimir Putin, who expressed an almost Soviet-esque distance from Washington in his views about Syria. "Of course our opinions do not coincide," the Russian leader said bluntly. There was the coded warning from Chancellor Angela Merkel about spying on friends, and her and Obama's continuing frostiness over the issue of economic stimulus versus austerity. Above all, there was Obama's vague attempt at the Brandenburg Gate to capture some wisp of his past glory by pledging vague plans to cut nuclear arms and an even vaguer concept of "peace with justice."

The "peace with justice" line was a quote from John F. Kennedy, Obama's attempt to steal just a little of JFK's thunder from 50 years before. He didn't come away with much, winning just a smattering of applause from a crowd that was one one-hundredth the size of JFK's. A crowd that, at about 4,500, was also much, much smaller than Obama drew as a candidate in 2008.

I suppose this something to celebrate. Now that the honeymoon is over the US can finally just tell all those foreigners to fuck off.

#46 TheFlash

TheFlash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,566 posts
  • Interests:Rum

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:20 PM

Geez Louise. I go away for a couple of days and this place slips even further over the edge into insanity.

It's simple really. Avoid all threads started by Happy, and do this:

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Happy JackView it anyway?

All will be right with the world.

#47 Olsonist

Olsonist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,269 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

Dog, we are in violent agreement. Happy's a pointless troll. PA would be better off if he went away with all of his socks. But if comedy is there, I reserve the right to mock him. The point you might want to make is that even in mocking, we should uphold standards.

#48 benwynn

benwynn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,018 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

Sorry Dog but that is never my goal. This thread was playful and mocking Chris Matthews for his lame attempt to blame the sun for Obama's lackluster speech. Even so  you have to admit this presidency has been rife with excuses and likes passing the blame.  It is a fair and factual criticism of this president to point out his propensity to avoid responsibility.

I'd say it's a fair and factual to say that the talking heads made it fashionable to make that criticism, and that this adminstation has passed no more blame than any other. 

Dan Quayle was pegged early on as someone who made gaffs.  I'm not sure he made any more than the average political figure.  But once he was pegged with it, every single mistake he made was jumped on.

These days, all Obama has to do is state a reason why something isn't living up to expectations and it's called "blame".  Anything.  

If he had missed an important meeting at the Whitehouse, and had given the reason that the Oval office was taken out by a meteorite, that would be blame.   He'd be better off saying: "I missed the meeting for no reason."

#49 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,537 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

So, did anyone actually watch the speech?  To be sure, not among his finest , but is it really fair to suggest it was "ruined" by his use of the text instead of a teleprompter?

That's one hell of a TelePrompTer.

#50 benwynn

benwynn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,018 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:44 PM

Is he looking at it?  

I think that means he's blaming it.

#51 TheFlash

TheFlash

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,566 posts
  • Interests:Rum

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

what is that thing, anyway.  A presidential, static version of the Pope-mobile?

#52 Olsonist

Olsonist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,269 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:16 PM

Yeah, 2.5" thick. Lotta gun nuts out there want to go full on 2A.

http://blogs.telegra...et_proof_glass/

#53 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

Is he looking at it?  

He looks puzzled.  Like 'why aren't there any words on it?".

#54 benwynn

benwynn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,018 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:51 PM

Is he looking at it?  

Actually, he's trying to figure out how to prounounce "moc.xitomed".

#55 Bent Sailor

Bent Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts
    Software Development
    A Good Yarn with Mates

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:40 PM

OK, so the message is only complain about those we choose to believe are lefties. Got it. Looks like you're in the clear JBSF, when it comes to consistently acting like a sanctimonious #$%@...

tumblr_inline_ml3l6ub3Z11qz4rgp.jpg

#56 Bent Sailor

Bent Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts
    Software Development
    A Good Yarn with Mates

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:43 PM

Like your first 3 marriages?  You know the Estonian, Austrailian and Brazillian?  Or are you still married to all of them?

Depends on whether he (or they) got a temple sealing cancellation &/or whether these wives died before he moved on. Mormon men are allowed to be sealed to multiple wives for eternity. Mormon women, not so much. Polygamy, it's still doctrine.

#57 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:14 PM

Is he looking at it?  

Actually, he's trying to figure out how to prounounce "moc.xitomed".

It's got med in it.  Must be something to do with healthcare. 

But, it starts with moc.  Is that how germans spell mock?  The ACA doesn't actually provide any healthcare so maybe that's what they mean.

I should have gone with the jelly doughnut thing.

#58 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,995 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:43 AM

Depends on whether he (or they) got a temple sealing cancellation &/or whether these wives died before he moved on. Mormon men are allowed to be sealed to multiple wives for eternity. Mormon women, not so much. Polygamy, it's still doctrine.

I guess the key phrase is polygamy.  Serial or parallel is the modifier.  Not that it really matters much to a Mormon.

#59 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,825 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:52 AM

what is that thing, anyway.  A presidential, static version of the Pope-mobile?

Protects him from his adoring fans.

#60 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,825 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:54 AM

2qvdp8i.jpg

#61 Bent Sailor

Bent Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts
    Software Development
    A Good Yarn with Mates

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:04 AM

I guess the key phrase is polygamy.  Serial or parallel is the modifier.  Not that it really matters much to a Mormon.

Actually, it doesn't matter. Mormons believe that, unless they have the sealing cancelled by temple ceremony, a man is married to all of the women that have married him in the temple. Women may "marry for a time" if they choose (after having married at least once for eternity), but guys get to keep all their wives for eternity. Sexism, it's what's for dinner ;)

#62 Dog

Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,595 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:51 AM

2qvdp8i.jpg

You're up Bent.

#63 Bent Sailor

Bent Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts
    Software Development
    A Good Yarn with Mates

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:20 AM

You're up Bent.

You complain when people mock the man then, if they don't, ensure the topic is about him yourself.

I see why you don't like people picking on the poor soul. You unabashed hypocrites need to stick together.

#64 tuk tuk joe

tuk tuk joe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

My only question: is the desk plastic and made in china? 

#65 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,825 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:57 AM

My only question: is the desk plastic and made in china? 

I believe it is the Resolute desk

http://www.whitehous...solute-desk.htm

#66 Dog

Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,595 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:13 PM

You're up Bent.

You complain when people mock the man then, if they don't, ensure the topic is about him yourself.

I see why you don't like people picking on the poor soul. You unabashed hypocrites need to stick together.
Sorry if you got your panties in a twist Bent. I simply pointed out that he’s toying with you but if you’re ok with that, carry on.

#67 Bent Sailor

Bent Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts
    Software Development
    A Good Yarn with Mates

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:21 PM

With that picture? If he is, he hasn't been paying attention. I don't respond to his photoshop mockery, only his bullshit masquerading as fact. Photoshop mockery is at least honest in it's alterations / exaggeration for effect. Dishonesty and hypocrisy are my "buttons" ;)

#68 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,825 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:34 PM

You're up Bent.

Sorry if you got your panties in a twist Bent. I simply pointed out that he’s toying with you but if you’re ok with that, carry on.

This was one of my favorites

izrmm0.jpg

#69 d'ranger

d'ranger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,326 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

The big question is:  was it produced on the VwaP ODS-9000?

#70 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,995 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

YooHoo, Mr. Happy Jack, you really shouldn't be mocking the president about Osama.  Especially not you.

#71 Mike G

Mike G

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:00 PM

Is it right that an award by an outside group should affect your future decisions?
If so, I'd like to award Happy with an award for "Starting posts only supporting, and not undermining our current president"
Keep the acceptance speech short and sweet.

#72 benwynn

benwynn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,018 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

You're up Bent.

This was one of my favorites

izrmm0.jpg

A big rule in cartoons is to place the bubble you want read first higher in the frame.  I read the punchline on the right before the premise and it ruined the joke.

If you don't mind, I'll make the edit, then completely ignore your copyright notice and distribute it with reckless abandon, try to make some money off of it and not give you any.

#73 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,995 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:27 PM

When it comes to comedy, Happy doesn't know Jack.

#74 Jon Eisberg

Jon Eisberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,988 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

Is it right that an award by an outside group should affect your future decisions?
If so, I'd like to award Happy with an award for "Starting posts only supporting, and not undermining our current president"
Keep the acceptance speech short and sweet.

Methinks Happy never got beyond the first sentence of Obama's Nobel Prize Acceptance Speech...

Your Majesties, Your Royal Highnesses, Distinguished Members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee, citizens of America, and citizens of the world:

I receive this honor with deep gratitude and great humility. It is an award that speaks to our highest aspirations - that for all the cruelty and hardship of our world, we are not mere prisoners of fate. Our actions matter, and can bend history in the direction of justice.

And yet I would be remiss if I did not acknowledge the considerable controversy that your generous decision has generated. In part, this is because I am at the beginning, and not the end, of my labors on the world stage. Compared to some of the giants of history who have received this prize - Schweitzer and King; Marshall and Mandela - my accomplishments are slight. And then there are the men and women around the world who have been jailed and beaten in the pursuit of justice; those who toil in humanitarian organizations to relieve suffering; the unrecognized millions whose quiet acts of courage and compassion inspire even the most hardened of cynics. I cannot argue with those who find these men and women - some known, some obscure to all but those they help - to be far more deserving of this honor than I.

But perhaps the most profound issue surrounding my receipt of this prize is the fact that I am the Commander-in-Chief of a nation in the midst of two wars. One of these wars is winding down. The other is a conflict that America did not seek; one in which we are joined by forty three other countries - including Norway - in an effort to defend ourselves and all nations from further attacks.

Still, we are at war, and I am responsible for the deployment of thousands of young Americans to battle in a distant land. Some will kill. Some will be killed. And so I come here with an acute sense of the cost of armed conflict - filled with difficult questions about the relationship between war and peace, and our effort to replace one with the other...

#75 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,995 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:07 PM

The ODS is strong with HJ.  It makes him only see what he wants to see. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users