• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Gouvernail

Gouvernail

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,608 posts
  • Interests:margaritas, hippie chicks, durable flying discs for retriever dog play

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:52 AM

Le bron did everything and he had great help

Spurs wander around court and thoroughly congratulate each Heat they found.
Well... Actually Wade was REALLY making an effort to personally visit each Spur.

That was a fun watch!

Ps, If anything the refs gave more calls to the Spurs and for certain the refs did not impact who won.

#2 Shaggy

Shaggy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,515 posts
  • Interests:This is SA, you figure it out.......

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:01 AM

Spurs should have put them away when they had the chance the other day.  Those Miami Douche fans don't deserve another one. 

Bulls in 2014......

#3 Cement_Shoes

Cement_Shoes

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:18 AM

I have been on the refs in other games but gouv is right. They did a superb job calling the game fairly and staying out of the score line.

Best team won tonight but Spurs gave Heat everything they could handle and Heat needed a little luck in game 6. Might have played better over the series

Good to see two evenly matched teams with a lot of respect for each other battle cleanly over 7 games.

#4 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,081 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:32 AM

I have been on the refs in other games but gouv is right. They did a superb job calling the game fairly and staying out of the score line.

Best team won tonight but Spurs gave Heat everything they could handle and Heat needed a little luck in game 6. Might have played better over the series

Good to see two evenly matched teams with a lot of respect for each other battle cleanly over 7 games.

Word. If any team was to beat the Heat, I could have lived with it being a group of veteran champions like the Spurs. They didn't play trash ball like the Bulls, they just played their game the best that they could. They met a younger group of champs who had one more breath. The Spurs were humble in victory and gracious in defeat. A good example in an age of arrogant assholes who act like they deserve everything.

What a fun Finals. Real basketball.

#5 readyabout82

readyabout82

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:boots with the furrrrrr

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:52 AM

what a fun watch indeed. i am floored by lebraun. holy shit what a man. in every way he nails it. i feel blessed to have had the chance to watch him in his glory....and i'm not even religious!

As Wayne and Garth said it so perfectly, "we're not worthy!" 

#6 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,081 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:01 AM

The best part is that he feels the same way, based on what he says. He says he's lucky to have made it out of Akron to the NBA. I reckon there's a bit of truth to that. For all of his offensive highlights, it is his defensive work that is a thing of beauty.

Has anyone seen Tony Parker for the last 1.5 games? LeBron did that.

As a lifetime celtics fan, I hated Jordan with a passion, but man I loved to watch him play. I get people hating on LeBron, but holy shit can he play the game.

#7 Chris in Santa Cruz, CA

Chris in Santa Cruz, CA

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:07 AM

The only game we watched this year. Big fun. They denied james thr basket so he shot from the field. That little guy on the spurs was awesome. Giblio...whatever his name is. Still hate the fouling on purpose being part of the sport. Stupid and less then honorable.

#8 Anthonyvop

Anthonyvop

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:25 AM

Spurs should have put them away when they had the chance the other day.  Those Miami Douche fans don't deserve another one. 

Excuse me?

Should have, could have........They didn't  

#9 readyabout82

readyabout82

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:boots with the furrrrrr

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:54 AM

You can only hate on LeBraun so long before having to concede that he TRULY, without a doubt, is THE FUCKING MAN. 

#10 jewing

jewing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:If you're on this site, probably not that much different than yours

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:13 PM

It was the first time in a long time that I found the NBA riveting.  Yes, I wanted the Spurs to win (love the team effort, and have been a fan of Duncan's since his Wake Forest days), but the Heat were the better team.  It was a fair fight, and a great one at that.

The biggest winner this past week was the game of basketball.  It's a great game that too often has been degraded by poor sportsmanship and selfish play.  What we saw between the Heat and Spurs was simply the best of the best.  As a fan, I say thank you.

#11 Touch of Gray

Touch of Gray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,752 posts
  • Interests:SA

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:04 PM

But why oh why do they have to scowl and glare like they are all pissed off and angry when they make a good drive, dunk whatever?   MAkes them look like a spoiled brat/baby show boater.  Turn that frown upside down dude.  Would help the sport.

#12 On the Hard

On the Hard

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

Good Post ^^^^^^^^^^

At the end of the day, I think we saw that the best TEAM in the NBA couldn't stop the best PLAYER in the NBA

I've never cared for LeBron and all the showboating BS when he left Cleveland, but he plays clean basketball with incredible talent. You've just got to respect that.

I appreciate the respect these two teams showed each other after it was over

#13 On the Hard

On the Hard

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:10 PM

By the way, I read somewhere that over the last 15 years the Spurs have the highest game winning percentage of any team in any sport. I'm not sure they've ever gotten the credit they deserve. But we're clearly descending at this point. A valiant last effort, but I'm not thinking this crew ever gets back to the level they've played this series (in a losing effort)

#14 Touch of Gray

Touch of Gray

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,752 posts
  • Interests:SA

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

By the way, I read somewhere that over the last 15 years the Spurs have the highest game winning percentage of any team in any sport. I'm not sure they've ever gotten the credit they deserve. But we're clearly descending at this point. A valiant last effort, but I'm not thinking this crew ever gets back to the level they've played this series (in a losing effort)

Read this.  Don't have to agree, but worth considering:  

http://www.slate.com...?wpisrc=flyouts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users