56 replies to this topic

#1 In the Jailhouse Now

In the Jailhouse Now

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:15 PM

I had to create this new log in to post this.

Not that anyone gives a shit but...........
I would like to apologize to the SA Forum users for having to read my vitriolic ranting toward Scot. I have nothing against Community.
I have become upset and angry.  I may not have noticed it in the past, but I imagine it has been bubbling up for sometime.
I try to be normal but things are not normal, as much as I'd like to be. I'd like to say over the last 15 years, sailing has been very good to me but it has not.
Sailing is just too damn expensive and there are too many, way too many obstacles.
I am going to keep my computer off as much as possible and try find other avenues to help get my head straight.
This may take some time.

User Formerly known as "Dawg" or "Dawg Gonit"

#2 No.6

No.6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts
  • Interests:Danger

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

Good luck Dave. Know you have friends here if you need anything.

#3 'moondance44

'moondance44

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,165 posts
  • Location:Dodgy Bit Of Stamford, CT and The Cows, Graveyard of LIS where bluefish get blown off wire leaders

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:35 PM

Thanks for the last line. I was going to day fuck off and show us yer tits just before that.

Good luck your a good dude. I enjoyed following your mini sailing. You deserve some good luck coming your way and I hope you get it.

#4 VwaP

VwaP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts
  • Interests:Private investigator by day party gurl by night

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:00 PM

Canceled order at layline and will not order from any other advertisers on this site until they make it right for Dave

#5 redviking

redviking

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

Canceled order at layline and will not order from any other advertisers on this site until they make it right for Dave

Sounds like Dave is getting his head straight. Since Clean isn't able to crawl inside his head and rearrange the deck chairs, how do you expect them to "make it right for Dave?"

#6 VwaP

VwaP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:02 PM

Sounds like Dave is getting his head straight. Since Clean isn't able to crawl inside his head and rearrange the deck chairs, how do you expect them to "make it right for Dave?"

I believe promises were made. You need to speak with them about that.

#7 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,149 posts
  • Location:I'm in Sunny..-. Warm..& ..Dry San Diego . and your not :-)
  • Interests:Prime + 1 3/4

COUGARS COUGARS & More COUGARS

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:25 PM

I canceled my order for the 85m Gunboat

now working on a bid from Hot Rod :lol: 

Dave you have quite a network of friends throughout this Litter Box ;)  

#8 bugger

bugger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts
  • Interests:sailing

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:31 PM

I don't know anything about any of the players behind SA.  And I don't know anything about what might (or might not) have gone on between them. 

But anytime someone who makes contributions to the sailing community and leaves that community, we are all  a little poorer for it. 

#9 ssi

ssi

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:13 PM

Oh
Oh
Someone upset the big cunt in the sky. Sorry about your ban.

I would like to apologize to the SA Forum users for having to read my vitriolic ranting toward Scot. I have nothing against Community.
I have become upset and angry.  I may not have noticed it in the past, but I imagine it has been bubbling up for sometime.m
I try to be normal but things are not normal, as much as I'd like to be. I'd like to say over the last 15 years, sailing has been very good to me but it has not.
Sailing is just too damn expensive and there are too many, way too many obstacles.
I am going to keep my computer off as much as possible and try find other avenues to help get my head straight.
This may take some time.

#10 'moondance44

'moondance44

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,165 posts
  • Location:Dodgy Bit Of Stamford, CT and The Cows, Graveyard of LIS where bluefish get blown off wire leaders

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:25 PM

I didn't really need anything. But I ordered a bunch of stuff from everyone, then canceled it.

#11 Steam Flyer

Steam Flyer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,032 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:26 PM

Dawg, nuttin but respect from here.

If you need time & distance, take it. Many of us will be glad to welcome you back when you're ready.

Remember, the purpose of holding a grudge is so you don't get burned twice in the same spot. So it's a useful survival skill, but don't let it kill the joy in life.

Sincerely

Doug

#12 No.6

No.6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

I didn't really need anything. But I ordered a bunch of stuff from everyone, then canceled it.

Somehow I believe this to be true.

#13 VwaP

VwaP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:42 PM

That's a silly thing to do

#14 landloc

landloc

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:48 PM

Good luck, Dawg. Hope to see you back one day. You're always welcome to sail on the right coast, if you're here.

#15 BIAM

BIAM

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:39 PM

good luck dawg...

this site has hit a few speed bumps lately, and losing your technical skills is certainly just one...

and, if you got screwed, you have a right to be pissed...and to warn others to be wary of whatever happened...

just don't let the anger own you...

#16 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,110 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:42 PM

So long Dave and stop by the shack when you are in the PNW.

#17 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,740 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:46 PM

Cheers, Dave.  Thank you for all that you have done to make this place and our sport what they are.  

#18 mad

mad

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,050 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:01 PM

Cheers Dawg, if you still have keys to the front page? It'd make a good article before you leave.

#19 Guitar

Guitar

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,406 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, gold mining, meteorite hunting.

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

Dave,

Take the time out. If you are ever in the Gold Country up north, look me up and I'll buy.

Rick

#20 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,149 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:13 PM

WOW you got un-linked

1. av-3.jpg?_r=1172891474
    Dawg Gonit

Joined on Aug 10 2003 12:21 PM
    Members · 7,543 posts

136,278,014 warning points

You got more warning points than I do  :o

#21 MikeR

MikeR

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Interests:Own a Pearson 10M

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

If they ever reinstate the Robie Pierce and you're on the East Coast and need an AB, I'm available, and trained.

Be well,

MikeR

#22 Rum Runner

Rum Runner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

I have become upset and angry.  I may not have noticed it in the past, but I imagine it has been bubbling up for sometime.
This may take some time.

Think he needs a dozen valium and he will be better in the morning.

#23 On the Hard

On the Hard

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:35 PM

Dawg, good luck to you. Nothing would make me happier than for you to come back and say that things had gotten much better for you

#24 NYBOZO1

NYBOZO1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

I've been hangin around here for close to 10 years....used to be a lot of laughs.

Might be time for me to grow up.

#25 Doug Lord

Doug Lord

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,123 posts
  • Interests:Foiler design and development,.........sailing fast,
    movable ballast systems and..... justice.

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:12 AM

Take care, Dave. I'm still working on a couple of projects you may like. Have some fun, man!

#26 MoMP

MoMP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:33 AM

Dave, take care my friend. Sometimes you gotta step away to find your passion for it again.

#27 'moondance44

'moondance44

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,165 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:56 AM

If they ever reinstate the Robie Pierce and you're on the East Coast and need an AB, I'm available, and trained.

Be well,

MikeR

The Robbie Pierce is kaput? 

#28 'moondance44

'moondance44

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,165 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:05 AM

then I re-ordered, and told them my name was mr. clean.

then I ordered 50 pizzas under the name 'Scott' o be delivered to Scuttlebutt Corporate headquarters 

#29 ramwel2010

ramwel2010

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:11 AM

Dawg, nuttin but respect from here.

If you need time & distance, take it. Many of us will be glad to welcome you back when you're ready.

Remember, the purpose of holding a grudge is so you don't get burned twice in the same spot. So it's a useful survival skill, but don't let it kill the joy in life.

Sincerely

Doug

This.

#30 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,149 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:30 AM

then I ordered 50 pizzas under the name 'Scott' o be delivered to Scuttlebutt Corporate headquarters 

isn't that what eventually happens to all pizza's anyway  :o  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :rolleyes:

#31 Trickypig

Trickypig

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:40 AM

Dawg.

I've always enjoyed your posts. But if you are pissed off you'll need a break........

Come back soon ya hear.

#32 Icedtea

Icedtea

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:06 AM

Good luck Dawg, you've done socmuch for this place.

Best of luck in all your sailing

#33 MikeR

MikeR

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Interests:Own a Pearson 10M

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:14 AM

Be well,

MikeR

Haven't heard much about it lately. If you know differently, let me know. Always enjoyed working it.

Cheers,

MikeR

#34 HILLY

HILLY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:30 AM

All the best Dawg. You've been a real foundation for this place, 2 blokes might not understand that, but heaps more do. Maybe time to hit the desert and bang around in the blokart if you still have it??

#35 BIAM

BIAM

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

Dawg,

your post been eating away at me...

life can be rough...but when you put in the time as you did to make something successful, you have a right to be angry when it blows up...

i can only imagine what happened, but after the crap i've see pulled around here, almost nothing would surprise me...

fill us in if it makes you feel better....sometimes the ugly stories are the most valuable.

#36 kmccabe

kmccabe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,096 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:45 PM

It's only effective if you tell them why you canceled and repeated the website's name a few times saying how you and the group you lead (all 6k-10k or so) won't take it anymore.  

#37 kmccabe

kmccabe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,096 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

Mike it was just at AYC and LYC about three weeks ago.  

Be well,

MikeR

Haven't heard much about it lately. If you know differently, let me know. Always enjoyed working it.

Cheers,

MikeR

#38 davidprobable

davidprobable

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Interests:classic collectible sailing and restoring , confronting the silly.

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:26 PM

Dawg.............get a lawyer...........its the only thing they respect......and fear........ DM  will  finance it............

#39 Rusty

Rusty

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:36 PM

So long and thanks for all the fish

#40 dash34

dash34

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts
  • Interests:Sailing my boat, playing bass and classical guitar, flying sailplanes, skiing, cycling and hiking.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:15 AM

Damn shame.  We'll miss ya dude.  Get your head straight and come back - we all lose our perspective on things from time to time.  And remember, what goes around, comes around eventually.

dash

#41 billy backstay

billy backstay

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,839 posts
  • Interests:boats, cars, girls....

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:42 PM

Damn shame.  We'll miss ya dude.  Get your head straight and come back - we all lose our perspective on things from time to time.  And remember, what goes around, comes around eventually.

dash

I used to believe that, but not so much now after Wall Street wrecked the economy and gave themselves bonuses for doing so,  Great bit about it on the Daily Show Monday night..... 

#42 On the Hard

On the Hard

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:13 PM

then I ordered 50 pizzas under the name 'Scott' o be delivered to Scuttlebutt First Marblehead Corporate headquarters Board Room. Told them to deliver to Jaba!

:lol:

#43 Editor

Editor

Anarchist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

This may take some time.

davey - i appreciate that you have expressed yourself this way. i know all about trying to get one's head straight. no luck here...yet! consider this place your friend, and consider me even more so.

#44 Reht

Reht

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:33 PM

Dawg, you will be missed. The community is (obviously) here to help you if you need it.

Have a rest, take a step back, whatever you want to do. I hope to see you back here posting eventually (assuming SA lasts that long).

Until next time,

Reht

#45 hard aground

hard aground

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:18 PM

Thanks Dawg. Do what you need to do to rejuvenate yourself. Peace.

#46 smackdaddy

smackdaddy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:22 PM

Jeez Dawg. I'm really sorry to see you go. You're one of the good guys.

Hang in there dude. You'll come through.

#47 Mambo Kings

Mambo Kings

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:39 PM

I picture Dave turning his computer off one last time, giving the screen a farewell pat, stretching, and rolling to the door of his slightly darkened room. He opens the door and, darn it, the sun is shining outside in the real world.

After a few days of no computer, no SA , no sailing politics and maybe some CA sunshine, he runs into Scot and says "Maybe I'll take that drink now!"

A day later Scot starts a thread which begins:

"I would like to apologize to the SA users for having to read my vitriolic FP ranting. I have nothing against Community or Fresno YC really.
I have become upset and angry. I may not have noticed it in the past, but I imagine it has been bubbling up for sometime.
I try to be normal but things are not normal, as much as I'd like to be. I'd like to say over the last 5 years, Sailing Anarchy has been very good to me but since Dan Myers appeared on the scene it has not.
SA is just too damn expensive and there are too many, way too many obstacles.
This may take some time. But I'm going to start by hanging out with my old friend Dawg, remembering the good days.

User, formerly known as Editor "

#48 smackdaddy

smackdaddy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

I picture Dave turning his computer off one last time, giving the screen a farewell pat, stretching, and rolling to the door of his slightly darkened room. He opens the door and, darn it, the sun is shining outside in the real world.

After a few days of no computer, no SA , no sailing politics and maybe some CA sunshine, he runs into Scot and says "Maybe I'll take that drink now!"

A day later Scot starts a thread which begins:

"I would like to apologize to the SA users for having to read my vitriolic FP ranting. I have nothing against Community or Fresno YC really.
I have become upset and angry. I may not have noticed it in the past, but I imagine it has been bubbling up for sometime.
I try to be normal but things are not normal, as much as I'd like to be. I'd like to say over the last 5 years, Sailing Anarchy has been very good to me but since Dan Myers appeared on the scene it has not.
SA is just too damn expensive and there are too many, way too many obstacles.
This may take some time. But I'm going to start by hanging out with my old friend Dawg, remembering the good days.

User, formerly known as Editor "

^^^This.

#49 In the Jailhouse Now

In the Jailhouse Now

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:02 AM

A friend told me to check things out and I gotta ask

WTF is going on? I've been working hard with new owners of the BoatYard I work at doing double duty as Office and IT. Yea somethings do not change.

Looks like everyone here has a shovel full of dirt at a Funeral.

What does SA mean to you.

Who are you Really

BLA BLA BLA

If the Community, (not the SA Community), I mean the Community, needs or wants a place, Let me know.

if you want a free place (free of adverts) it costs. you want adverts, There will be Rules.

Just let me know.

You know my email.

#50 R Booze

R Booze

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,621 posts
  • Interests:Postponing my funeral 'til tomorrow....

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:21 AM

Dave, let me know when you gotta a day to play----and I'll cruise on up there and treat you to a day at the range. Kinda like aromatherapy for men----but with gun powder instead of sandalwood.....:lol:

#51 dacapo

dacapo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,586 posts
  • Interests:walks on the beach,a good book,a good cry

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:23 AM

I slept at a Holiday Inn Express............

#52 floating dutchman

floating dutchman

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,882 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:38 AM

WTF is going on? I've been working hard with new owners of the BoatYard I work at doing double duty as Office and IT. Yea somethings do not change.

Who are you Really

BLA BLA BLA

If the Community, (not the SA Community), I mean the Community, needs or wants a place, Let me know.

if you want a free place (free of adverts) it costs. you want adverts, There will be Rules.

Just let me know.

You know my email.

There is a demand and I think that with the respect and skill's that you already have you could have a site going in no time.

Be quick, another site started a couple of days ago and another one has been going for a while,  That's just what I know about, Lot's of folk have left that I haven't seen the same handles pop up anywhere else so I suspect there are more.  But then I have not been actively searching. 

Still haven't worked out why we are seeing so many new posters,  Lot's of them after a dozen or so posts seem to know a lot of the history of the place,   Why the inrush of sock's?

#53 redboat

redboat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,278 posts
  • Interests:none

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:54 AM

This thread sounds like the final Seinfeld or MASH episode.

Will miss you Dave. Thanks for all your efforts and patience. You did much to elevate this place from it's Wild West scribblings on a chalkboard days to the more organized, usable and no doubt profitable playpen it's become.

Fair winds. Be happy.

#54 No.6

No.6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:25 AM

Who are you Really

BLA BLA BLA

Just let me know.

You know my email.

Sailing Dawg has a snappy name Dave.

#55 Christian

Christian

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,368 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:12 PM

Mr Trude - See you on the other side

#56 Rail Meat

Rail Meat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,171 posts
  • Interests:My ride: An OCD designed Class 40

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

Wishing you the best,  Dave.  Rolling away from something that is causing you pain is a smart move, and hopefully the journey helps clear the head and brings peace.  Good luck.

Michael Hennessy

#57 elle

elle

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,259 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:42 PM

i <3 dave :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users