Any report or tweet that he was on a boat is completely inaccurate.

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,949 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

Then

"Since his plane touched down in Washington at 4 a.m., Secretary Kerry was working all day and on the phone dealing with the crisis in Egypt," Psaki said Wednesday evening. "He participated in the White House meeting with the president by secure phone and was and is in non-stop contact with foreign leaders, and his senior team in Washington and Cairo. Any report or tweet that he was on a boat is completely inaccurate."

Now 

“While he was briefly on his boat on Wednesday, Secretary Kerry worked around the clock all day including participating in the president’s meeting with his national security council,"

--------------

Did Obama and Hillary ever detail what they were doing during Benghazi? Why is it that Obama was around for a photo op when Osama was killed but he and his staff are never around when they are actually needed.

#2 d'ranger

d'ranger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,940 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

ah, long for the good ol days when Bush was debrushing and Cheney was running the government. 

Dr. Sooper Genius, what does Egypt have to do with Benghazi and what should have been done about either?  Neatness and accuracy count.  Please be specific, looking into a hat for answers will not be accepted. 

#3 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,949 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

ah, long for the good ol days when Bush was debrushing and Cheney was running the government. 

Dr. Sooper Genius, what does Egypt have to do with Benghazi and what should have been done about either?  Neatness and accuracy count.  Please be specific, looking into a hat for answers will not be accepted. 

I get the impression this president and those around him are responsibiliphobic, when the &%^$ hits the fan they all hide until it's safe to come out and either blame someone or claim success.

#4 d'ranger

d'ranger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,940 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:39 PM

And more with the personal projections: you just described your entire history of posting in PA.  Personal Progress Through PA Posting.

#5 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,701 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

Well, it was Ansar Al Sharia in Benghazi and they now seem to have an active group in Egypt.

In fact, they have taken up the torch cudgel since Morsi is gone.

#6 Olsonist

Olsonist

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,072 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:15 PM

2634005357_4d86714c42.jpg

#7 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,634 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:45 PM

Anyone who thinks Kerry was not available to communicate with anyone in the entire world at a moment's notice is delusional.

A few years ago I closed a very major deal during a conference call on my cell phone between races at BIRW.

Perhaps Kerry should stay on Nantucket.  It might shave critical days off the sea voyage from the Mediteranian bringing news of what's happening in Egypt.

#8 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,949 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:55 PM

Anyone who thinks Kerry was not available to communicate with anyone in the entire world at a moment's notice is delusional.

A few years ago I closed a very major deal during a conference call on my cell phone between races at BIRW.

Perhaps Kerry should stay on Nantucket.  It might shave critical days off the sea voyage from the Mediteranian bringing news of what's happening in Egypt.

I agree with you that the State dept knows the whereabouts of the Sec State and how to contact him at all times so why did they feel the need to lie about it. 

#9 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,634 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:20 PM

I agree with you that the State dept knows the whereabouts of the Sec State and how to contact him at all times so why did they feel the need to lie about it. 

With everything that is going on in the world right now, I really don't care if he was getting a blow job from Barney Frank out on Nantucket - as long as he had access to his staff (you can try and figure out the referent there) and a phone.

This is just the kind of crap where both sides try to blow things (you can try and figure out the referent there) out of proportion for political gain.

Do we really expect our public servants to be chained to a desk (you can try and figure out the referent there) and not have any personal life? 

What do you suggest, Congressional hearings? 

Edit - The whole "referent" thing was not planned.  I simply read what I wrote and dropped it in there after I picked up on the innuendo (you can try and figure out the referent there).

#10 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,949 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:27 PM

With everything that is going on in the world right now, I really don't care if he was getting a blow job from Barney Frank out on Nantucket - as long as he had access to his staff (you can try and figure out the referent there) and a phone.

This is just the kind of crap where both sides try to blow things (you can try and figure out the referent there) out of proportion for political gain.

Do we really expect our public servants to be chained to a desk (you can try and figure out the referent there) and not have any personal life? 

Edit - The whole "referent" thing was not planned.  I simply read what I wrote and dropped it in there after I picked up on the innuendo (you can try and figure out the referent there).

Exactly Dog! Then kind of crap that was endured for the Bush years. Ridiculous non events used to endlessly bash Bush. You got it so maybe the actual culprits on this forum might get it one day.

#11 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,634 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:41 PM

Exactly Dog! Then kind of crap that was endured for the Bush years. Ridiculous non events used to endlessly bash Bush. You got it so maybe the actual culprits on this forum might get it one day.

I'll share my recollection of a quote from a book I was reading recently WRT a WW2 General who asked - "Do we really want to commit forces and fight to the death to hold onto this little hill?"

#12 ease the sheet!

ease the sheet!

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:03 AM

i did a search but i couldn't find a happy jack thread titled "president bush reads to school children as twin towers collapse".

now reading to school children is important, but so is being commander in chief.

#13 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,826 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:19 AM

Here's some news to make Simple Jack Happy.  

#14 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,826 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:21 AM

How would you know, Dum Dum? You were not here for all but the very end of the Bush years.  

#15 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,416 posts
  • Interests:Subhuman Mongrels in momjeans

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:22 AM

At least Jack has Benghazi.

#16 d'ranger

d'ranger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,940 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:23 AM

oh snap.  

#17 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,634 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:30 AM

That's a lie worth investigating - the "caused by a video" angle.

#18 ease the sheet!

ease the sheet!

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:36 AM

Here's some news to make Simple Jack Happy.  

mrs kerry must fell very lucky that her husband puts her before anything, or anyone else.

#19 Spatial Ed

Spatial Ed

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,416 posts
  • Interests:Subhuman Mongrels in momjeans

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:38 AM

Let us know when you get to the bottom of it.  A dozen more congressional hearings should do it.  Hows that Fast and Furious thing going?

#20 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,634 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:41 AM

Let us know when you get to the bottom of it.  A dozen more congressional hearings should do it.  Hows that Fast and Furious thing going?

Great.  I love a Government that has no accountability. 

We'll know exactly what happened as soon as Obama institutes that whole "most transparent administration in history" thing.

Keep the faith!  Hope and change, and what not.

#21 Bull Gator

Bull Gator

Anarchist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,280 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:48 AM

Off topic it looks like Kerry's wife is in big medical trouble. In critical condition. They are good people - prayers for him and his family.

#22 ease the sheet!

ease the sheet!

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:58 AM

Great.  I love a Government that has no accountability. 

We'll know exactly what happened as soon as Obama institutes that whole "most transparent administration in history" thing.

Keep the faith!  Hope and change, and what not.

government with no accountability?  priceless!

the were held to account last november.

#23 Dorado

Dorado

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:15 AM

What is that thing ? An Oyster ?

Hell, I'd be on it too. A phone works just as well there as anywhere else.

People talking shit about that is just another sign of the decline of meaningful discourse.

#24 Innocent Bystander

Innocent Bystander

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:24 AM

What is that thing ? An Oyster ?Hell, I'd be on it too. A phone works just as well there as anywhere else.People talking shit about that is just another sign of the decline of meaningful discourse.

Friendship 76. Big flail over taxes when he home ported it in RI. IIRC he eventually paid Mass taxes after being called out over it. I think most of us do a bit of business from our boats from time to time.

#25 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,701 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:41 AM

What is that thing ? An Oyster ?Hell, I'd be on it too. A phone works just as well there as anywhere else.People talking shit about that is just another sign of the decline of meaningful discourse.

Friendship 76. Big flail over taxes when he home ported it in RI. IIRC he eventually paid Mass taxes after being called out over it. I think most of us do a bit of business from our boats from time to time.

Do you lie about it?

#26 Gouvernail

Gouvernail

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,923 posts
  • Interests:margaritas, hippie chicks, durable flying discs for retriever dog play

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:13 AM

Holy shit!!! I didn't realize how bad of is that people go out on boats. I loaned my three knot shitbox boat to the grand kids of one of my buddies to go play all weekend.
Looks as though I may have ruined their lives!!!
Oh double darn!!!

#27 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,634 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:58 AM

Off topic it looks like Kerry's wife is in big medical trouble. In critical condition. They are good people - prayers for him and his family.

My thoughts and prayers are with them as well.  Hopefully John won't let this personal setback delay his trip back to Washington where he'll be able to address the Egypt situation after he spends 4 hours in front of a Congressional hearing to determine how much time he spent on a boat over the weekend.

#28 ease the sheet!

ease the sheet!

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:02 AM

4 hours in front of a congressional hearing?  i suppose they have nothing better to do..............

#29 JBSF

JBSF

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,112 posts
  • Interests:Racing, diving, cycling, flying, pussy, shooting and any other action sports.

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:31 AM

Then

"Since his plane touched down in Washington at 4 a.m., Secretary Kerry was working all day and on the phone dealing with the crisis in Egypt," Psaki said Wednesday evening. "He participated in the White House meeting with the president by secure phone and was and is in non-stop contact with foreign leaders, and his senior team in Washington and Cairo. Any report or tweet that he was on a boat is completely inaccurate."

Now 

“While he was briefly on his boat on Wednesday, Secretary Kerry worked around the clock all day including participating in the president’s meeting with his national security council,"

--------------

Did Obama and Hillary ever detail what they were doing during Benghazi? Why is it that Obama was around for a photo op when Osama was killed but he and his staff are never around when they are actually needed.

JFC!  SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!  Who cares if he was on his boat?  Its none of our business what the Egyptians do internally.  It can wait till the morning.  FUCK!

#30 craigiri

craigiri

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,340 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Innovation, Web Development, Writing, etc.

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:24 PM

Now his wife is probably dying.

Shame on a 70-something year-old for wanting to be on his boat over the July holidays. This is a scandal....

#31 craigiri

craigiri

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,340 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:26 PM

i did a search but i couldn't find a happy jack thread titled "president bush reads to school children as twin towers collapse".

now reading to school children is important, but so is being commander in chief.

Was that before he hid.....the President of the most powerful country in the world hiding out from a handful of terrorists! You couldn't make up such scenarios.....

#32 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,949 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:28 PM

Nope but I bet you found plenty where the every trivial event during the Bush years was posted. You can't complain now if you didn't complain then. 

#33 Mike G

Mike G

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:32 PM

Nope but I bet you found plenty where the every trivial event during the Bush years was posted. You can't complain now if you didn't complain then. 
The old "I didn't complain back then but I'm complaining now, but YOU can't complain now if you didn't complain back then" ploy, eh?

#34 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,949 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:34 PM

Then

Now 

--------------

JFC!  SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!  Who cares if he was on his boat?  Its none of our business what the Egyptians do internally.  It can wait till the morning.  FUCK!

Bite me. It has always been a lesson in Hypocrisy. I don't care where Kerry goes or what he does either. But they sure did when Rice went shopping. Remember that? So no, I don't think I will shut up. 

Unless...

#35 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,826 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:43 PM

Then

Now 

--------------

Bite me. It has always been a lesson in Hypocrisy. I don't care where Kerry goes or what he does either. But they sure did when Rice went shopping. Remember that? So no, I don't think I will shut up. 

Unless...

Cite please.  You were not here for that, how would you know?  

As usual, you seem to be leaving part of the equation out of the discussion.  It wasn't just shopping for shoes that caught people's attention, it was doing do while so many people were homeless or worse from Katrina.

#36 Chuck D.

Chuck D.

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,510 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

Jeebus, you're pathetic.  Go nail some malarkey, would ya?  Shouldn't be too hard, all you gots to do is look in the mirror to find the biggest most odious hypocrite in your life.

#37 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,949 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

Jeebus, you're pathetic.  Go nail some malarkey, would ya?  Shouldn't be too hard, all you gots to do is look in the mirror to find the biggest most odious hypocrite in your life.

That would be true except for the fact that I have explained the purpose of these trivial sarcastic attacks many times. Of course if you and the rest want to admit you did it endlessly during the Bush administration and that you now understand how silly that was and you are sincerely sorry for being such hypocritical weenies. I would be "Happy" to stop. 

#38 d'ranger

d'ranger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,940 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:58 PM

That would be true except for the fact that I have explained the purpose of these trivial sarcastic attacks many times. Of course if you and the rest want to admit you did it endlessly during the Bush administration and that you now understand how silly that was and you are sincerely sorry for being such hypocritical weenies. I would be "Happy" to stop. 

Since you weren't here then what difference does it make?  Or did your "friend" tell you all about it?  I could go into the psych motivations for your behavior or just go with you are a little man with petty little bitches. 

#39 Chuck D.

Chuck D.

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,510 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

Your childish desire to trivailize the senseless, daily and long-lasting stupidity of the Bush administration aside for the moment, I think you've utterly failed to make any point whatsoever.  The fact of the matter is that 4-1/2 years after leaving office, George W Bush remains reviled as a incompetent, shallow, and ultimately ineffectual head of the executive branch.  I realize that you'd like to try to feel better about supporting him for so long, and long past the time when it was clear that he sucked balls, and that to do so, you'll try to come up with whatever half-assed attempt at a false equivalence you can wrap you lame brain around, but really, pal, it just won't do.  It never will.  You'll never be good enough to make a decent point here.  You just suck.  You always have, and you always will.  Sorry, but sometimes even though the truth hurts, it needs to be said.  Now go make me a sammich, biatch.

#40 Dog

Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,684 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

Your childish desire to trivailize the senseless, daily and long-lasting stupidity of the Bush administration aside for the moment, I think you've utterly failed to make any point whatsoever.  The fact of the matter is that 4-1/2 years after leaving office, George W Bush remains reviled as a incompetent, shallow, and ultimately ineffectual head of the executive branch.  I realize that you'd like to try to feel better about supporting him for so long, and long past the time when it was clear that he sucked balls, and that to do so, you'll try to come up with whatever half-assed attempt at a false equivalence you can wrap you lame brain around, but really, pal, it just won't do.  It never will.  You'll never be good enough to make a decent point here.  You just suck.  You always have, and you always will.  Sorry, but sometimes even though the truth hurts, it needs to be said.  Now go make me a sammich, biatch.

If I may interject some reality. 4 ½ years later George Bush’s ratings are better than Barack Obama’s and improving while Obama’s are falling.

#41 craigiri

craigiri

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,340 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

If I may interject some reality. 4 ½ years later George Bush’s ratings are better than Barack Obama’s and improving while Obama’s are falling.

Ratings?

Are you talking honest-to-goodness historical rankings by people who know stuff? Or "popularity contests" fueled by billions in advertisements, PR, history rewrites, etc.??? There is a difference....

In terms of historical rankings of Presidents, GW is still falling into the bottom 15 or 20% (average is #34), while Obama is averaging out at #14. 

That's the basic difference between success and a miserable failure. I think even GW knows, at this point, how big of a failure he was. 

#42 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,826 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:15 PM

It's been analysed by none other than Nate Silver.  

That's gonna require some pre-processing.  

#43 Dog

Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,684 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

Ratings?

Are you talking honest-to-goodness historical rankings by people who know stuff? Or "popularity contests" fueled by billions in advertisements, PR, history rewrites, etc.??? There is a difference....

In terms of historical rankings of Presidents, GW is still falling into the bottom 15 or 20% (average is #34), while Obama is averaging out at #14. 

That's the basic difference between success and a miserable failure. I think even GW knows, at this point, how big of a failure he was.
I’m talking about public approval/disapproval ratings.
21pwk9puek6vwwozznquqa.gif
how to screenshot on windows 7
Now explain how the average historical ranking for presidents can be 34.

#44 Mike G

Mike G

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

Whew...got away fom THAT uncomfortable subject.

#45 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,701 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

Jumping on HJ is fun.

The fact is that the first response to a direct question was an outright lie.

BENGHAZI

#46 Dog

Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,684 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

That’s ok… Chuck pointed out that George Bush “remains reviled as an incompetent, shallow, and ultimately ineffectual head of the executive branch”. My point is simply that for all his faults (and for me the biggest was spending) Bush is considered today to be better than Obama, so at least he has that going for him.

#47 d'ranger

d'ranger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,940 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:15 PM

That Nate Silver don't know Jack, or Dog.   

#48 Chuck D.

Chuck D.

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,510 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

Dog doesn't like anecdotal evidence.  Unless he agrees with it.  Then he likes it just fine.  

Sorry dude,  W stands for 'worst'.

#49 Dog

Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,684 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:40 PM

Dog doesn't like anecdotal evidence.  Unless he agrees with it.  Then he likes it just fine.  

I'm not disagreeing with you Chuck, Bush does remain reviled bla bla bla... He's just not as bad as Obama in the eyes of the public.

#50 Chuck D.

Chuck D.

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,510 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

I'm not disagreeing with you Chuck, Bush does remain reviled bla bla bla... He's just not as bad as Obama in the eyes of the public.

You're hilarious.  What next?  W is head and shoulders above Hooo-sane with rural, gun-toting, "The South will rise again" types?  Hell, even I like George W Bush about 14% better than I did when he left office, for the simple fact that he ain't there anymore.  Jeebus, apples and road apples much?

#51 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,949 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:19 PM

Exhibit 'A'

#52 craigiri

craigiri

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,340 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

I think Kim Kardahian would come out ahead of Bushman....

Popularity contests? Don't make me chuckle, Dog, we are talking about a real subject here.

#53 Dog

Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,684 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:47 PM

Popularity contests? Don't make me chuckle, Dog, we are talking about a real subject here.

Speculations about how history will view these guys are academic. Approval ratings are real, very real if you're in politics.

#54 ease the sheet!

ease the sheet!

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:17 PM

without doing the search, i will guess you are correct. however are you not doing the same?

face it happy, you have sold your soul to the devil in your attempts at branding others on this forum as hypocrites because, by doing so, you have become exactly what you have tried to point out.

you pick your side and you defend them to the death, even though they do exactly what you attacked the other side for. of course psychologist have a word for this, splitting.

you are lucky that credibility is not a prerequisite for purchasing a computer.

#55 ease the sheet!

ease the sheet!

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:19 PM

Speculations about how history will view these guys are academic. Approval ratings are real, very real if you're in politics.

approval ratings mean jack shit unless its voting day.............

obama has 3+ years to go, and then he is gone. if he is concerned about polls, then he really is a fool

#56 craigiri

craigiri

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,340 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:21 AM

Completely wrong.....

Neither Bush nor Obama needs to run for anything.

The historians who create these ratings are rarely wrong....it's pretty easy to look at things which happened and weigh them out. Anyone who knows about history could not possibly rate GW as even normal or decent. The only way to do so is current partisan fashion, which does not withstand the test of time.

Consider FDR - often rated one of the top 3 - and sometimes #1. The same Bushwackies of today who miss GW say FDR was one of the worst. But no matter how much they do so, it does not affect his ratings. 

BUT, if you want to go to "popularity", check these numbers:
"The new numbers indicate that Obama remains popular, with 79% of Americans saying the president is likable."

That's 2013.....after the "scandals". 

#57 Dog

Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,684 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:15 AM

Completely wrong.....

The historians who create these ratings are rarely wrong....it's pretty easy to look at things which happened and weigh them out. Anyone who knows about history could not possibly rate GW as even normal or decent. The only way to do so is current partisan fashion, which does not withstand the test of time.

Consider FDR - often rated one of the top 3 - and sometimes #1. The same Bushwackies of today who miss GW say FDR was one of the worst. But no matter how much they do so, it does not affect his ratings. 

"The new numbers indicate that Obama remains popular, with 79% of Americans saying the president is likable."[/size]
That's 2013.....after the "scandals". [/size]
Which just goes to show ranking presidents is subjective. Approval/disapproval polls are empirical.

The guy's a failure Craigiri, everything he has done other than authorizing the Bin Laden mission has failed and we are worse off for it. He’s a joke on the international stage and domestically his administration has been shown to be opaque and corrupt. His signature legislative achievement, Ocare, is an unmitigated disaster. Get a grip.

#58 Chuck D.

Chuck D.

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,510 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:09 PM

Completely wrong.....

"The new numbers indicate that Obama remains popular, with 79% of Americans saying the president is likable."[/size]
That's 2013.....after the "scandals". [/size]
Which just goes to show ranking presidents is subjective. Approval/disapproval polls are empirical.

The guy's a failure Craigiri, everything he has done other than authorizing the Bin Laden mission has failed and we are worse off for it. He’s a joke on the international stage and domestically his administration has been shown to be opaque and corrupt. His signature legislative achievement, Ocare, is an unmitigated disaster. Get a grip.

Unless you deny their veracity with quibble over whether or not the sample was representative, eh Poochie?  Seems to me you were one of the folks who bought into the right-wing noisemachine's denial of the Romney's impending defeat because there weren't 'enough' Republicans in the polls that were accurate, relative to the Rassmussen, et al's horseshit, let alone WhackJack's deliberate 'pre-processing' nonsense.

#59 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,826 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:19 PM

Mrs. Ketchup is not in critical condition.  

#60 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,770 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:03 PM

I actually see why Glenn Beck, Dr. Sooper Genius, and others are making hay over this. Boiled down, it's the difference between the analog and digital world. They don't understand that Bush et al had access to older types of communication devices that compelled them to use secure devices in specific locations, the handling of urgent problems could not be dealt with any other way.

Since January of 2009, when Obama was gifted with the Sectera Edge Blackberry, secure conversations became a possibility in any location at any time. These devices are now accessible to anyone with enough money to buy them.

Kerry's communications people are trying to avoid negative publicity because these neanderthals still don't understand the world we live in. The people who are trying to make a big deal out of this, are the same people who get nervous when the microwave counts down to zero.

#61 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,949 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

I actually see why Glenn Beck, Dr. Sooper Genius, and others are making hay over this. Boiled down, it's the difference between the analog and digital world. They don't understand that Bush et al had access to older types of communication devices that compelled them to use secure devices in specific locations, the handling of urgent problems could not be dealt with any other way.

Since January of 2009, when Obama was gifted with the Sectera Edge Blackberry, secure conversations became a possibility in any location at any time. These devices are now accessible to anyone with enough money to buy them.

Kerry's communications people are trying to avoid negative publicity because these neanderthals still don't understand the world we live in. The people who are trying to make a big deal out of this, are the same people who get nervous when the microwave counts down to zero.

So you are saying they lied to hide the appearance that Kerry was off playing rather than attending to a historic diplomatic event?  That was my point. 

#62 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,770 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:56 PM

No, I am saying Kerry and other members of government who own a Sectera Edge Blackberry, can do business anywhere at any time, from the helm of a yacht to a portable toilet.  Because there are analog thinkers in our midst, cover needs to be provided for situations that they might not understand.

#63 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,457 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

Lying is ok sometimes - classic.

#64 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,770 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

Think of it more like the 13 Benghazi's that occurred on Bush's watch and not one Republican Senator said a peep.

#65 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,701 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:40 PM

No, I am saying Kerry and other members of government who own a Sectera Edge Blackberry, can do business anywhere at any time, from the helm of a yacht to a portable toilet. Because there are analog thinkers in our midst, cover needs to be provided for situations that they might not understand.

That's absolutely true. In fact, they have other means of communication.

Why did they decide to lie about it?

#66 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,457 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

Because the mouth breathers might not understand how secure communication works. So we lie to them to make it easier to run the country.

George Orwell would be so proud.

#67 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,770 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:00 PM

Yeah, it wouldn't be an interesting world if people like you didn't make issues out of every non-issue.

#68 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,457 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:04 PM

You just don't get it. It was not about where he was at. The issue is the flat out lie hat he was NOT on his boat. Only retracted after a picture was tweeted showing exactly where the SOS was.

That he is never out of touch and can do his job just about anywhere is not the question posed.

#69 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,770 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:10 PM

See post #67.

#70 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,457 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

Sorry post numbers don't show up on my iphone

#71 badlatitude

badlatitude

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,770 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:20 PM

See my last post.

#72 Saorsa

Saorsa

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,701 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:28 PM

See my last post.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

#73 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,457 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:41 PM

See my last post.

Lather, rinse, repeat.
exactly, what a waste of time.

#74 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,826 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:49 PM

See my last post.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

The thread started as just another Happy Jackoff festival.  It doesn't matter what the guy does.  A couple months ago, he was traveling too much.  Now he's spending too much time at home.  Just more Simple Jack crying because his horse came up lame.  Nothing to see here.  

#75 TMSAIL

TMSAIL

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,457 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:36 PM

See my last post.

Lather, rinse, repeat.
The thread started as just another Happy Jackoff festival.  It doesn't matter what the guy does.  A couple months ago, he was traveling too much.  Now he's spending too much time at home.  Just more Simple Jack crying because his horse came up lame.  Nothing to see here.  
. The only aspect of this story was the instant denial that Kerry was on his boat. BL probably is close - they didn't want to give the wrong impression.

As part of the big picture correct a few pixels at best.

Still I get uncomfortable when bald face lies are so easily issued on such a trivial matter

#76 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,826 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:51 PM

See my last post.

Lather, rinse, repeat.
. The only aspect of this story was the instant denial that Kerry was on his boat. BL probably is close - they didn't want to give the wrong impression.

As part of the big picture correct a few pixels at best.

Still I get uncomfortable when bald face lies are so easily issued on such a trivial matter

"He's on his boat in Nantucket this weekend, so stop by and wish him a Happy Fourth of July."  Not sure we're going to get that in this day and age.  Way too many whackos.  It would be nice if they could tell us the truth now and again, but I'd rather have them tell us the truth about why the folks who caused our financial crisis are not in jail, than tell us where the Secretary of State is spending the Fourth.  If we have some major diplomatic crisis that he might help resolve, that would be different.  I don't really think that a military coup in Egypt is something he is going to prevent (nor do I think we should have anything to do with it, including financing it).  

Nah, this was something Simple Jack Drudged up to divide Americans.  

#77 d'ranger

d'ranger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,940 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:53 PM

Nah, this was something Simple Jack Drudged up to divide Americans.  

This. 

#78 Happy Jack

Happy Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,949 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:56 AM

See my last post.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Blather, wince, repeat

0 user(s) are reading this topic