Seeking Transatlantic Passage

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 smmilke

smmilke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Flying, exploring, skiing, traveling, etc.

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:23 AM

I am trying to get across the Atlantic the most adventurous and cheapest way possible (not counting my own labor as a cost).  I will be upfront in saying that I have no sailing experience.  A little bit about me- 22 year old guy with a B.S. in engineering, finishing up my Masters, born and raised in Alaska, have always been the one having to do trips solo because no one else was wild enough to come along!  I have a decent amount of navigation experience (I'm a pilot and have been flying the Alaskan bush for the last couple years) and I have spent a little time boating and diving in the ocean.  The main reason I want to sail across the ocean isn't financial, it is simply for the adventure.  I have done all sorts of adventures around Alaska and am looking to branch out in the world and learn about sailing.  I can get to the East coast of North America and would like to make it by sea to Europe or Africa doing whatever kind of work I have to or just keeping someone company and swapping stories about adventures.  Alternatively I would be interested in a passage from Alaska to any continent to the West.  The time frame I am looking at is December-February of 2014.  I am up for any trip you might have planned.  If you can't find anyone crazy enough to make some wild sailing trip with you I am your man, I'm very intelligent and willing and able to learn all about sailing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users