In the Jailhouse Now

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:00 AM

This will cause some flak.

Out but not done

B'Quest could have kept sailing even though they did not qualify for the race due to the MOB Requirements.

Those MOB Requirements make sense to any sane sailor. Well maybe Clean is not sane.

It is obvious that Urban did not want to sail to Hawaii with a guy with PTSD, but rather he needed B'Quest to be Refit.

Clean, this little piece of drivel just shows how little you know and understand about sailing and sailing with disabilities.

Please tell me why you have never stayed after the Chi-Mac to join in as a volunteer at the Chicago YC NACC. I think it is a week after.

I think the NACC is the oldest Disabled Sailing Event in NA. I could be wrong but  I'm not far off.

The reason you have not stayed to join in is because "You do not Care" or more likely you have not found anyone to pay your pathetic way.

Clean, have you ever heard of "investigative reporting".

I emailed with Urban before the B'Quest refit to chat about the endevour and it was obvious to me that it was nothing more than a refit for B'Quest.

I think the generous SD community has been taken. $150K could be far better spent than sending 2 guys to Hawaii.

SA has never covered a disabled event in depth, even though there have been 2 IFDS World Championships in the last 10 years in the US.

SA never once covered my expenses at an event, even though I wrote about them.

Though the Community did donate for me to get to the Miami OCR once.....and I thank the Community for that. It was a real eye opener into the International Disabled Sailing World.

The user formerly known as "Dawg" and "Dawg Gonit"

Down but not Out.

#2 VwaP

VwaP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts
  • Interests:Private investigator by day party gurl by night

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:13 AM

they should have asked you to be the third

#3 herbie verstinx

herbie verstinx

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:09 AM

Well, he is a 'journalist' :)................just a very shitty one.

#4 couchsurfer

couchsurfer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,158 posts
  • Interests:...pimping HOOTs
    ...i550 NW circuit

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:41 AM

....the sad ironies continue!

#5 mad

mad

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,865 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:59 AM

and the banning will continue

#6 Terrorvision

Terrorvision

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,832 posts
  • Interests:Taking 'the' out of Psychotherapist

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:04 PM

Why did they pull out? Because of the ban or because of boat issues?

#7 White Cracker

White Cracker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:43 PM

Have they sailed long distances together as a team before this race?

#8 mad

mad

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,865 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:45 PM

Why did they pull out? Because of the ban or because of boat issues?

Have they sailed long distances together as a team before this race?

good point, guess we only got half the story.........................................as usual <_<

#9 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,339 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:16 PM

Out but not done

B'Quest could have kept sailing even though they did not qualify for the race due to the MOB Requirements.

Those MOB Requirements make sense to any sane sailor. Well maybe Clean is not sane.

It is obvious that Urban did not want to sail to Hawaii with a guy with PTSD, but rather he needed B'Quest to be Refit.

Clean, this little piece of drivel just shows how little you know and understand about sailing and sailing with disabilities.

What the hell are you talking about?  I don't write about that west coast shit.  I'm amazed that, after however long, you still can't tell which one of us writes which piece.

As for coverage, you really are a little nuts.  I tried dozens of times to get reports from you about events you were at, even offering to edit them.  I spent three days at shake-a-leg doing profiles on the founder and staff, shit that got posted and tens of thousands of views.  We found disabled sailor chicks of the week. We featured stories from Maureen as often as we could. 

But it doesn't matter.  I am not an investigative journalist, nor a journalist at all.  My duty is to report what I find interesting.  

Your anger comes from the fact that I never covered you, which is very simply because I have always found you angry and bitter about sailing, sailors, and life.  It's not an attitude I subject myself to when I have a choice, and what events I cover is my only real choice.

#10 Kent H

Kent H

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:30 PM

Do you have ANY evidence that indicates that Mr. Urban used a US military Veterans battlefield disability to enrich  himself?   Any indications that warrants investigation of this?   If so please share your observations.  

#11 Editor

Editor

Anarchist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:35 PM

i wrote it and what's the issue? i think tpyc is in the wrong and only you dave would bitch about an article that defends a disabled sailor. jesus christ, give it a fucking rest.

#12 Monkey

Monkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,338 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:14 PM

i wrote it and what's the issue? i think tpyc is in the wrong and only you dave would bitch about an article that defends a disabled sailor. jesus christ, give it a fucking rest.

Actually, quite a few of us are bitching about your childish shit stirring. In case you've been spent the past few weeks under a rock, the vast majority of us are laughing at you, and not in a good way.

#13 Icedtea

Icedtea

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:19 PM

Well said Dawg. We miss you!  

#14 Editor

Editor

Anarchist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:20 PM

oh no!! you mean people are complaining about me?? shocking!! please, please love me.....!

#15 Monkey

Monkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,338 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:22 PM

oh no!! you mean people are complaining about me?? shocking!! please, please love me.....!

I guess all of us just didn't know who you were.

#16 Editor

Editor

Anarchist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

oh no!!! you mean i've somehow not met your expectations?? how ever can i win you back?

#17 Monkey

Monkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,338 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:31 PM

oh no!!! you mean i've somehow not met your expectations?? how ever can i win you back?

Aren't you the same guy begging us for money???? One would think you'd give a shit. Of course, that might imply rationality.

So, how long til the fat man owns your ass?

#18 Editor

Editor

Anarchist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:37 PM

ah, so i should grovel at your feet, do exactly what you want so that you will send me money? sorry bitch. you either understand us, meyers and the issues or you don't. 

#19 hard aground

hard aground

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,291 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:40 PM

My duty is to report what I find interesting.  

what events I cover is my only real choice.

That would explain a lot of things.

#20 Bitter Gnat

Bitter Gnat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:42 PM

Maybe this has been said in the other thread, but I'm pretty sure SA would be ripping into TPYC if they had allowed B'Quest sail the race and the emergency scenario described in the TPYC letter actually played out. 

The primary goal of sensationalism in reporting is to increase the audience.  Increased audience allows the media outlet to price their advertising higher and increase profits.  Simple really.

#21 Monkey

Monkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,338 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

ah, so i should grovel at your feet, do exactly what you want so that you will send me money? sorry bitch. you either understand us, meyers and the issues or you don't. 

I do understand you bitch. That is why I haven't, and will never send a single damned cent.

Once upon a time you ran a great fuckin' website. Then it grew a little too much and you and Clean made the mistake of convincing yourselves that sailing needed SA more than SA needed sailing.

Now the wheels have come off, Dan is running you two into the ground, you idiots are the ones begging for money, and yet you continue to insult anyone you can find.

The world is mocking you on your very own website. We know, we know, you don't care. Carry on being awesome (and sued, and begging for money).

#22 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,339 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

Maybe this has been said in the other thread, but I'm pretty sure SA would be ripping into TPYC if they had allowed B'Quest sail the race and the emergency scenario described in the TPYC letter actually played out. 

The primary goal of sensationalism in reporting is to increase the audience.  Increased audience allows the media outlet to price their advertising higher and increase profits.  Simple really.

You can be sure of whatever you want; you don't seem to mind being wrong most of the time.  

If B'Quest got into trouble, B'Quest would be responsible for that trouble.  Unless they have small children or mentally handicapped crews that are unable to understand the nature of their decision to race, they should be left alone to do what they came to do.  If someone dies, so be it.  That's sailing.  If they get into trouble, they get the same access to emergency services that a drunken freighter captain, a cruise ship full of morbidly obese school loan officials, or a deaf solo rower should get.  

We have NEVER and will never be on the side of those that wish to increase responsibility on the part of race organizers or to give them more power to impose their idea of safety over a skippers' determinations.  We firmly believe that the erosion of the fundamental principle that sailors make their own decisions about safety, and that the souls aboard are skipper's responsibility, should be reversed as soon as possible.  Organizers should require insurance from competitors, require inspection to the level that the race they hold actually requires, and then stand the fuck back and help out if asked.  

#23 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,339 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:02 PM

I do understand you bitch. That is why I haven't, and will never send a single damned cent.

Once upon a time you ran a great fuckin' website. Then it grew a little too much and you and Clean made the mistake of convincing yourselves that sailing needed SA more than SA needed sailing.

Now the wheels have come off, Dan is running you two into the ground, you idiots are the ones begging for money, and yet you continue to insult anyone you can find.

The world is mocking you on your very own website. We know, we know, you don't care. Carry on being awesome (and sued, and begging for money).

Thank you for continuing to contribute to our complete dominance of sailing on the web.  It looks like you've clicked on SA more than 300 times over the past 30 days; that puts you into the top 4% of our readers.    It's readers like you who continue to prove to our detractors that we are here to stay, and will continue to grow across more markets.

Thanks again!

#24 Bitter Gnat

Bitter Gnat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:06 PM

Damn.  Was hoping for a warning point.

#25 Monkey

Monkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,338 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

Thank you for continuing to contribute to our complete dominance of sailing on the web.  It looks like you've clicked on SA more than 300 times over the past 30 days; that puts you into the top 4% of our readers.    It's readers like you who continue to prove to our detractors that we are here to stay, and will continue to grow across more markets.

Thanks again!
It's people just like me who have also written to every one of your sponsors that I have shopped with in the past, explaining why I would no longer do business with them at this time. I'm not petty enough to bother the other ones.

I keep coming back because its a hoot watching the train wreck unfold. I also keep coming back because I can't wait to see your Promise's Kept paperwork you promised all of us. Still waiting.....

You are going to publish that, right?

#26 Monkey

Monkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,338 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

They pawned all the warning points they had left.

#27 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,339 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

Thanks again!
It's people just like me who have also written to every one of your sponsors that I have shopped with in the past, explaining why I would no longer do business with them at this time. I'm not petty enough to bother the other ones.

I keep coming back because its a hoot watching the train wreck unfold. I also keep coming back because I can't wait to see your Promise's Kept paperwork you promised all of us. Still waiting.....

You are going to publish that, right?

Sure.  Keep waiting and keep clicking.

#28 Monkey

Monkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,338 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

Promise's Kept info? You'll be happy, I'll drive your hit count up asking for this over and over again. You're not a liar, are you?

#29 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,975 posts
  • Location:I'm in Sunny..-. Warm..& ..Dry San Diego . and your not :-)
  • Interests:Prime + 1 3/4

COUGARS COUGARS & More COUGARS

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:25 PM

I'll trade you 75 warning points for a dark Red Mt Gay hat

#30 Kack

Kack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:26 PM

You guys should go breakdance fight this out in an alley.  

edit:  oops that wouldn't work...

#31 Monkey

Monkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,338 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

You guys should go breakdance fight this out in an alley.  

edit:  oops that wouldn't work...

Sorry man, I'll knock it off. I found a better solution anyway, I put Clean and Ed on my ignore list. Now I can read the forums without blowing a gasket again. Well, as long as I stay out of PA anyway!

Shit, it doesn't seem to work. Damn.

#32 mad

mad

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,865 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:44 PM

Out but not done

I am not an investigative journalist, nor a journalist at all.

No shit, really? Never have figured that one without the hint.

#33 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,339 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:56 PM

Out but not done

I am not an investigative journalist, nor a journalist at all.

No shit, really? Never have figured that one without the hint.

Sorry, was addressing Dawg's post: "Clean, have you ever heard of "investigative reporting"

See, even guys around longer than you still don't get it.

#34 mad

mad

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,865 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

By not being a complete prick............

Too late.

#35 BigBlueSailor

BigBlueSailor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

I have a nifty idea…

For the Members

• If you don’t like the management of Sailing Anarchy, go away.
  • If you don’t like the way Sailing Anarchy has been reporting, go away.
  • If you don’t feel that the legal fund is a worthwhile investment, don’t donate.

For the Management

• If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.
  • Try letting the reading public decide if something is right or wrong…don’t try to be FOX news. Think more BBC.
  • Take a day off, remind yourself why you created this site and what it took to get where you are now. Realize that all that hard work is going to be for not if you keep up the antics and BS. You are about to have one hell of a fight on your hands, it will be more work than ever before…get ready. Remember that this community will support you when needed but you have to respect them, sometimes more than they respect you.

#36 oceaneer

oceaneer

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:racing, fast cruising,
    Vintage cars, Large diesels, steam things...

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

wow big blue thats awesome, 

I am a newbie here but I think you nailed it... 

I hope that they can do it

oceaneer

#37 mad

mad

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,865 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:48 PM

Thanks again!

Saved, thanks

#38 mad

mad

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,865 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:13 PM

<p>
I have a nifty idea
For the Members

• If you dont like the management of Sailing Anarchy, go away.
  • If you dont like the way Sailing Anarchy has been reporting, go away.
  • If you dont feel that the legal fund is a worthwhile investment, dont donate.

For the Management
  • If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all.
  • Try letting the reading public decide if something is right or wrongdont try to be FOX news. Think more BBC.
  • Take a day off, remind yourself why you created this site and what it took to get where you are now. Realize that all that hard work is going to be for not if you keep up the antics and BS. You are about to have one hell of a fight on your hands, it will be more work than ever beforeget ready. Remember that this community will support you if you when needed but you have to respect them, sometimes more than they respect you.
Wow, all those posts after all these years?? Thanks

#39 mad

mad

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,865 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:14 PM

wow big blue thats awesome, 
I am a newbie here but I think you nailed it... 
I hope that they can do it
oceaneer

Get a room.

#40 Bitter Gnat

Bitter Gnat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

I'll trade you 75 warning points for a dark Red Mt Gay hat

Deal.  Which one do you want?

#41 BobJ

BobJ

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:30 PM

Sure.  Keep waiting and keep clicking.

Yep.  As much as they deserve it, there's no point in hammering away at the Ed and Clean if you're going to keep visiting their site.

#42 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,225 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:15 AM

Technical point - as dawg has a new identity , should he not post some tits?
Discuss....

#43 hobot

hobot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,665 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:14 AM

Discuss....

That is quite the conundrum, however rules are rules!

#44 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,975 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:35 AM

Discuss....

I think he may have the only collection of All Porn ever  posted  deleated

must be a gashtronomical collection  :o

#45 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,225 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:51 PM

Good point woody. Get um out dave! Now back to the Punch and Judy show .

#46 Remodel

Remodel

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts
  • Interests:Sailboat racing and long distance cruising

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:49 PM

Sigh...

#47 In the Jailhouse Now

In the Jailhouse Now

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:15 AM

First let me Apologize to Clean. I had no Idea you were just an "east coast event you found interesting" writer.

As for waiting at Shake-A-Leg, When the F did you do that? Besides it is old news. I wrote about it many many years earlier.

I tried to look the articles up but without a date search you cannot target a specific regatta and date. So I cannot provide a link.

But I did find a fe funny pieces. A Dawg's life and who remembers this shit storm.

After writing the Shake-A-Leg the story why did you and Scot not go after the Governmental agencies that lock down the west coast waterfront access?? You know do some real work?

Because you just want to write and appear cool so sailor chicks think you are cool. But you and Scot are really NOT.

I could care less if you covered me. It is the Event and the people. I have learned that. I hope you and Scot realize the same when you look in the mirror.

Scot, you are defending no one except your and Urban's luancy for not understanding the NOR and complying with the requirements written.

Besides Urban has true disabilities, his crew does not.

Just because I am disabled, you think I am going to jump on a bandwagon because there is another disabled person on it???? You are not a normal thinking person Scot.

If Urban's crew went overboard, he would be dead. Urban could not recover him........PERIOD. Except maybe in the confines of Shelter Island and hopefully before he ran into a docked boat.

I am truly sorry the both of you have lost your way.

I think maybe you should give yourselves a time out to clear your minds.

I am trying to  impose my time out, but after hearing about B'Quest and thinking to my conversations with Urban prior to the B'Quest refit, I had to post.

Like I said, Urban and his crew could have kept going to Hawaii. But I think, this was the game plan all along.

You just do not see it.

Adios

#48 Heriberto

Heriberto

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts
  • Interests:Mount Gay Sugarcane

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:11 AM

Dawg, You are accusing Urban of deliberately defrauding sponsors. Swindling them with false promises of their intentions. Isn't that worse than what you have freaked about Scot and Clean saying regarding Meyers?

#49 In the Jailhouse Now

In the Jailhouse Now

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:16 PM

Dawg, You are accusing Urban of deliberately defrauding sponsors. Swindling them with false promises of their intentions. Isn't that worse than what you have freaked about Scot and Clean saying regarding Meyers?

H, I did not mention Urban and his livelihood in the same sentence while calling him names. Therefore any reference to the DM suit is not justified.

And I have not freaked. I'm just pissed that Scot can be so careless to throw away so much just so he can beat his chest like he thinks he is the big man he isn't.

It is these forums that make this site not Scot or Clean.

Urban has known from the start that there would be no way to show that he would be able to recover his crew safely if his crew went over board.

Therefore he knew that his entry alone would make great press and exposure while knowing that his entry would be rejected on the grounds of not complying with the safety requirements.

So without saying he defrauded (your term) the SD community, yes Urban committed a "Slight of Hand" with a Boat, the Generosity of the Community while knowing that the intended purpose of the Generosity would never be met.

Now, Urban and Dave could have kept sailing to Hawaii just to make the point. The boat was Refit, provisioned for the trip and all the pieces were in place to get the boat back to SD.

That would have really made a great story.

#50 axolotl

axolotl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Camping

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:49 PM

Oddly, since the boat got back to San Diego Wednesday it hasn't been touched.  The jib's still hanked on lying on the deck and the main's off the boom lying on the doghouse.  The hatch is open (even during the brief rain we had Thursday) and various pennants are still flying from the shrouds.  Hopefully they'll get all that stuff out of the sun soon.

#51 Kenny Dumas

Kenny Dumas

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

So why did they quit? Anybody ask them?

#52 VwaP

VwaP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:40 PM

Maby the one guy left and forgot to tell the other dude they were back at the dock.
Good on dawg for calling it like it is.
Would like to hear Dawgs take on the single handed trans pac
Btw who took Dawgs job on this site?

#53 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,975 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

Has anyone seen or heard from Urban ?????????????

#54 billy backstay

billy backstay

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,728 posts
  • Interests:boats, cars, girls....

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:43 PM

Maby the one guy left and forgot to tell the other dude they were back at the dock.
Good on dawg for calling it like it is.
Would like to hear Dawgs take on the single handed trans pac

Don't think that anyone did......

#55 mad

mad

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,865 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:44 PM

Nobody, and it shows.

#56 In the Jailhouse Now

In the Jailhouse Now

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:14 AM

Thanks Guys, I'm glad they made it back safely. No doubt the support team was not ready, but there is no excuse for leaving sails to receive UV damage.

I'm sure there will be an ambulance chaser (lawyer) filing a suit against the Organizing Authority.

as for the person in charge, I have no idea.

If you really want some place to chat besides here, let me know. Everyone knows my domain. all emails come to  me.

The unfortunate thing is everyone now knows (Thanks to my hard work)  that Sailing Anarchy is where the chat is.

Like the piece that Scot wrote a while back, the first sentence says it all.

I got to get back to a Star Trek rerun!! :)

#57 Editor

Editor

Anarchist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

from facebook: David Trude and Craig Leweck are now friends. 

how fucking perfect! i don't believe further comment is necessary.

#58 Editor

Editor

Anarchist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:32 PM

Nobody, and it shows.

if "it shows" you mean the site no longer crashes, the forums run beautifully, load time is good, graphics, plug-ins, video, links and content never better, traffic at an all-time high, problems fixed immediately, etc. then yes, it certainly shows that dawg is no longer working on the site.

#59 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,975 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:49 PM

I'v been FB friends w Craig & Tom for a long time

That and 5 nickles will buy you a quarter

but a quarter these days are only worth a nickle

and FYI (and completely unrelated to this years situation - as it's like 37 years old) 

from Tom's FB page  :lol:

969513_10151794788873628_625288748_n.jpg

#60 In the Jailhouse Now

In the Jailhouse Now

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:22 PM

Nobody, and it shows.

if "it shows" you mean the site no longer crashes, the forums run beautifully, load time is good, graphics, plug-ins, video, links and content never better, traffic at an all-time high, problems fixed immediately, etc. then yes, it certainly shows that dawg is no longer working on the site.

For someone who says you are my friend it sure seems like you don't.

Crashing and down time were caused mostly by your cheapness in hosting packages.

I told you many many times that I was not a server admin. But you decided on the cheap route.

So please Scot, don't pretend like you know what you are talking aobut when it comes to computers.

Remember how long it took to teach you to even create a web page, and how about the pirated software you used for how many years??

#61 Editor

Editor

Anarchist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

hey trude - a "friend" doesn't shit on me with virtually every post, so you can drop that phony bullshit now. as far as the site running better than ever, i simply took your advice and added some much needed infrastructure. thanks for the tip. now i'd say we're done here. maybe you can go to work for craig lackey. then you'll really discover the meaning of the word "cheap."

#62 Heriberto

Heriberto

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

No Dawg, "defraud" isn't my word

Websters:

De`fraud´

v. t. 1. To deprive of some right, interest, or property, by a deceitful device; to withhold from wrongfully; to injure by embezzlement; to cheat; to overreach; as, to defraud a servant, or a creditor, or the state; - with of before the thing taken or withheld.

You said that they knew beforehand that they wouldn't be doing the race, and that they wouldn't even qualify and didn't even try. You said they went into this "sleight of hand" with the sole purpose to fund their boat refit by deceiving people into thinking they were going actually intending to complete the race as a handicapped two person team. So "defraud" would be your words, not mine. That is a very serious allegation and you have shown NO evidence to support it. If what you said is true, that isn't just tacky behavior, it is a prosecutable crime. You really don't know the difference? Lance Armstrong's calling, wants your advice on his issues.

You've gone off the deep end Dawg.

#63 Terrorvision

Terrorvision

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,832 posts
  • Interests:Taking 'the' out of Psychotherapist

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

Nobody, and it shows.

Can you make front page links open in a new window?

#64 BobJ

BobJ

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:20 PM

Say what you want about Dave, but this damned board drops batches of posts, most recently in Gear Anarchy.

#65 Editor

Editor

Anarchist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

the only way posts get 'dropped" is if people delete them.

#66 BobJ

BobJ

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:18 PM

Three of us in a row didn't delete our posts, and it wasn't a topic that would have caused you guys to delete them.

Good luck living in denial.

#67 VwaP

VwaP

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:48 PM

The moderator that replaced Dawg probably deleated them.

#68 BobJ

BobJ

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

I suspect the OP started two threads with the same name and the one with the replies got deleted.  Whoever deleted it wasn't paying attention to what they were doing.  Par for the course around here these days.

#69 amro

amro

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:29 AM

it would be really funny if dawg got called on as a material witness against they who think they do no wrong.

#70 In the Jailhouse Now

In the Jailhouse Now

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:59 AM

it would be really funny if dawg got called on as a material witness against they who think they do no wrong.

I don't see that happening and I don't think it would be funny.

Unless DM won and wanted me to stay on.

As for being Phony, you are no one to talk Scot.

Remember last year at SWYC, you came by and we had a drink? It was all good and the only issue I have

is that I introduced you to the Paralympic Medalist, Jen French, in the Skud Class and a Paraplegic Surgeon , Rick Doeer, who sails in the Sonar Class.

Rick also has did the European circuit and is a Paralympic Sailor.

I really had hoped to read at least one paragraph about your visit to the First US Disabled Championships on the West Coast.

After all it is where you live.

So please do not talk about phonies. You cannot write or report.

The only thing that made and makes this place is the forums.

You should thank your first partner, for suggesting them, my hard work and paying the license fee for 4 years, for making it happen.

Phony

I gotta go, please ban me. unless you really are a phony.

#71 mad

mad

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,865 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:06 AM

Nobody, and it shows.

Can you make front page links open in a new window?

Can he get the search function to work? and can we have animated Gif's back for the avatars?

#72 Heriberto

Heriberto

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:52 PM

Challenged America Press Release (from Facebook):

B’QUEST RETIRES FROM 2013 TRANSPAC RACE – QUESTIONS TPYC

San Diego, Monday, 15 July 2013; Transpac competitor B’Quest arrived back in San Diego On Wednesday, July 10. Having had their entry unilaterally revoked at roughly 6:00 p.m. Sunday evening, the double-handed team of disabled veterans decided to return to San Diego Tuesday, July 9th. After sailing for roughly 16 hours and reflecting on ...their status, Urban Miyares and David Hopkins decided to return to San Diego in part because their participation was clearly unwanted despite earlier congratulations and support by Transpacific Yacht Club (TPYC). The B’Quest crew now wants to clear the record concerning their status as an entry.

From the time of its entry in January, 2013, B’Quest made clear that they intended to sail as a double-handed crew with a blind skipper, Miyares and a David Hopkins, a hearing impaired veteran. Initially, B’Quest was one of several double-handed entries.

On June 23rd, a safety inspector from TPYC came to San Diego and conducted a safety inspection of the vessel. Some items were not present at that time but he was shown receipts that proved the crew had ordered the equipment. The inspector raised the issue of the required Man Over Board (MOB) test. A discussion of MOB took place between David Hopkins and the inspector because Miyares was working at a boat show at the time. The TPYC inspector told Hopkins that the missing items would need to be on the boat when they arrived in LA. The inspector asked Hopkins to have Miyares call him and left.

Upon arrival in LA, B’Quest was again inspected. Roby, who was introduced as the lead safety inspector for the TPYC to Miyares and Hopkins, conducted complete safety equipment check, questioned Hopkins on MOB, and received the medical information form and SAT phone number. According to Hopkins, “Roby told me he does not see many vessels as well organized with their safety equipment as B’Quest.” When he was done, according to Miyares, “he asked me to raise my right hand and then jokingly told me to “… solemnly swear that, upon crossing the Diamond Head Transpac finish Line, to drink as many Mai Tai’s as I wanted.” With that oath, the safety inspection was concluded and B’Quest was led to believe that it had passed.

Unfortunately during this stressful time, Miyares did not get much sleep before the race. When he went to pick up the transponder, a couple hours after completing Sunday’s (July 7) required Safety at Sea all-day seminar (with his crewmate Hopkins), Miyares was handed the attached letter from Dave Cort dated 7/7/13 stating TPYC would not accept their entry in the 2013 Transpacific Yacht Race. This letter (not on official TPYC letterhead) was provided fewer than 24 hours before the scheduled start on 7/8/13 and . Severely upset, especially after the priors day’s emotional roller-coaster ride of events, to include receiving the official TPYC Skipper’s Package and having his and David’s photo taken at the Transpac before-race gala the day before (Saturday, July 6), Miyares immediately left the Shoreline Yacht Club’s room where David Cort was stationed and other Transpac skippers were getting their transponders.
When Miyares returned to the Shoreline Yacht Club where the Team Challenged America transponder was assigned to him, Miyares signed the agreement stating he would return the transponder upon completing the Transpac Race. This again put the team under extreme stress and sleeplessness just prior to a long distance offshore race, which they were now being told they could not participate in.

With regard to the failed email test, Hopkins tried several times to do the e-mail test and it did not go through. When he inquired of the race personnel about it, Hopkins was told that TPYC was having problems with their computers receiving the tests. Hopkins believes he did get one through and that the requirement was completed.

B’Quest decided to start the race the next day with its protest flag flying. At the start line the race committee gave a “thumbs up.” When David Hopkins announced the protest, TPYC Race Committee told them they were not a participant and to stay off the course. B’Quest continued its course towards Hawaii although they were fatigued from the stress of the previous weeks and months of preparation. As they continued, the B’Quest crew realized that they were not really sure if they wanted to complete the race after being shown a very unwelcome attitude by TPYC. This was no longer a “fun” and “enjoyable” race.

They believed they had completed all that was required and did not agree that the TPYC had any right to question Miyares’ abilities as skipper of the vessel, especially because, as far as they knew, they were the only entrant who was asked to demonstrate MOB abilities. This was not in the Notice of Race, nor written anywhere in any of the race instructions or requirements for entrants, which they had applied for and accepted by TPYC months previously.

Hours after the July 8 start, around 4:00 a.m., Miyares and Hopkins hove to and reflected on whether to continue or not. They realized that the mission and objective in doing the Transpac had dramatically changed, and their desire and competitive spirit had left them. Being fatigued as they were, B’Quest made the decision to retire from the race and proceed to San Diego under jib. They arrived in San Diego at 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday. A Challenged America team member notified Dave Cort by e-mail they had retired.

Challenged America has dedicated its organization to getting those suffering from a handicap into a therapeutic program involving sailing. Urban Miyares, a disabled and blinded Vietnam veteran has dedicated his life to this effort, with safety being first and foremost in all of his training of his students. He is a very experienced offshore competitor and a veteran of 2 other TransPac races. He was very instrumental in bringing the annual VA Summer Sports Clinic to San Diego which enables severely wounded war veterans to compete in Sailing, Surfing, Cycling, Track & Field, and Kayaking as part of their rehabilitation. He has been recognized by many, to include US SAILING, for his efforts in advancing rehabilitation and advancing the sport of sailing to youth, adults and veterans with disabilities.

David Hopkins, also a disabled veteran, is a lifelong sailor and surfer. He joined the team at Challenged America as a volunteer 7 years ago and works to raise money for the organization through boat donations. He has dedicated the last year to getting the B’Quest fit and ready for the TransPac race. His dream was to compete in the race, double handed, with Urban. They have a long history of sailing together and he has dedicated the past year to getting the B’Quest fit and ready for the TransPac race. He took particular pride in all of the safety aspects of preparing for the race. Safety is most important to Challenged America mission working with disabled sailors.

Miyares and Hopkins are dejected that they were refused a start after they had filed and paid for an entry, solicited donations and undertaken the year long preparation for sailing to Hawaii. The B’Quest crew wishes good luck to their fellow competitors and they hope that all arrive safely and enjoy the Aloha of Hawaii upon their arrivals. Challenged America and B’Quest will await the outcome of their protest against TPYC. B’Quest does not agree with the TPYC’s allegation that B’Quest failed the safety inspection or the specifics of TPYC’s allegations. B’Quest will await the results of the protest and any subsequent appeals to ISAF.

Miyares, Hopkins and the entire Challenged America Team are understandably disappointed that their year long quest to win the double handed division was refused. Regardless of the reasoning or goal of TPYC, its last minute decision and spurious allegation that B’Quest failed the safety inspection were simply unnecessary actions. From the beginning, Challenged America and B’Quest sought to be treated the same as any other entry - equally. If TPYC had required a MOB demonstration from each competitor, B’Quest would have complied. Challenged America, like any disabled person, simply sought to be treated with equal dignity.

Challenged America’s many supporters, sponsors, and donors, both here and in Hawaii are also disappointed. They stood by the team and made sure their goal to race was achieved. None of B’Quest’ sponsors, suppliers or supporters ever questioned Miyares’ ability to sail the race with Hopkins. Those who know and supported B’Quest know the crew’s abilities and commitment to safety.

Challenged America thanks its individuals, sailors, maritime businesses, and government supporters. Despite TPYC’s statement that B’Quest failed its safety inspection, Challenged / B’Quest was not allowed to race because they did not perform a MOB demonstration, a requirement which was not forced on any other competitor.

Ken Guyer – Communications

Challenged America 2013 Transpac Team

#73 In the Jailhouse Now

In the Jailhouse Now

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:27 AM

Sounds like Inspector Roby did not know that the MOB Test was ever satisified at the first inspection.

Seems to me that the TPYC need to look over it's procedures.

And Urban needs to have (pay) someone to make sure all requirements are met when taking on a huge endevour like a double handed transpac

The question still remails.

Why did Urban and Dave knowing they had to perform this test think they would get an approved entry without performing it??

#74 flatearth

flatearth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:26 AM

Why did they remove the post from Facebook?

Did they have the document aboard that the crew performed a MOB drill in the last year, as required by the OSR Rx? There is no requirement to show a safety inspector a MOB drill, just that the crew has completed one.

#75 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,975 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:52 AM

Just a question:

really sounds like BQ is playing the Disability Card to whatever degree for whatever reason ???

the question, what percent disability does one have to have to be considered disabled ??? 

I mean beyond what others just suck up and consider a part of growing old or a part of life ??

I Say "What" many times in conversation with people all the time

And have trouble reading text in low light

Yet - I don't feel I have a card to play

I Guess, I'm just not as Good as I once was - But I'm at least as Good Once as I ever was  :)

I don't get the controversy about the only 2-Up team being treated differently from all the fully crewed teams

fatigued ???

I have no doubt Urban was in Bed early every evening after all the work was done.

and Dave did whatever he had to do !!

Well I just hope it all works out.

This Sport Does NOT NEED More Drama 

And The Lawyers Should Be Racing FULLY CREWED (to give back) not plunking off the low lying frute

#76 axolotl

axolotl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

Oddly, since the boat got back to San Diego Wednesday it hasn't been touched.  The jib's still hanked on lying on the deck and the main's off the boom lying on the doghouse.  The hatch is open (even during the brief rain we had Thursday) and various pennants are still flying from the shrouds.  Hopefully they'll get all that stuff out of the sun soon.

Finally got buttoned up yesterday, all sails down, cover on main.  Could be that the sails being grey taffeta covered 3DL are pretty sun-resistant. 

#77 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,975 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

Finally got buttoned up yesterday, all sails down, cover on main.  Could be that the sails being grey taffeta covered 3DL are pretty sun-resistant. 

just a sign of the level of commitment 

would love to hear Urban's words "off the record" rather than published statements provided

And then - Only to know how Urban is doing - the only part of the that matters

#78 axolotl

axolotl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:24 AM

Talked with David H. today and Urban is none the worse for wear.

#79 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,975 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:28 AM

would love to hear Urban's words "off the record" rather than published statements provided 

Talked with David H. today and Urban is none the worse for wear.

No Thank you

"That" can Not be relayed through anyone

nor reported here or any where else

#80 axolotl

axolotl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

Well, it's been 3 months now and except for the Crew of Two race in August (placed poorly because it was mostly jib and main), I haven't seen the boat move.  What a waste of resources from a lot of people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users