17 replies to this topic

#1 kent_island_sailor

kent_island_sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:15 PM

Surprised no one else picked this up. The printed magazine BoatUS sends out to their members (or maybe just insurance cusomers?) REALLY could not say enough good about SA this issue.

BoatUS pretty much gives SA credit for what justice was achieved at Clear Lake. The lawyers that defended Dinius pretty much said SA was a real time research team for them and made a big difference in the outcome. Clean and Ed- you did REAL good here and should be very proud. How about remembering THAT next time you want to organize a meth regatta, run around saying "Do you know who I am" or some other dumb shit like that ;)

I'll scan it in when I get home if you all want to see it.

#2 MikeR

MikeR

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Interests:Own a Pearson 10M

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:38 PM

Surprised no one else picked this up. The printed magazine BoatUS sends out to their members (or maybe just insurance cusomers?) REALLY could not say enough good about SA this issue.

BoatUS pretty much gives SA credit for what justice was achieved at Clear Lake. The lawyers that defended Dinius pretty much said SA was a real time research team for them and made a big difference in the outcome. Clean and Ed- you did REAL good here and should be very proud. How about remembering THAT next time you want to organize a meth regatta, run around saying "Do you know who I am" or some other dumb shit like that ;)

I'll scan it in when I get home if you all want to see it.

Read the article and SA is pretty prominent in its sources. Finally some good news.

#3 kmcfast

kmcfast

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:21 PM

Yeah, them was the days, when SA stood fer us, not agin us.

#4 One eye Jack

One eye Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • Location:Reno,Nv. San Francisco Bay , Santa Cruz,Ca. Tahoe,Nv
  • Interests:Sailing. I shot a man in Reno.. Just to watch him die..

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

What goes around.... Comes around

#5 Gouvernail

Gouvernail

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,836 posts
  • Interests:margaritas, hippie chicks, durable flying discs for retriever dog play

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:12 AM

Any awards or identifying grifters??

#6 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,251 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:20 PM

SA did some good things in the Clear Lake debacle along with Lat 38 and the local San Francisco ABC affiliate and some other folks. Dinius was acquitted, then DA Hopkins and Sheriff Mitchell lost the next election.  I don't know what the status of Dinius's lawsuit against CL is, but I hope he takes them to the cleaners. And Deputy Sheriff Perdock, the man who caused the tragedy, never got as much as a traffic ticket and the last I heard got appointed to a government job again.  KIS, please scan the article and post it here.

#7 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,541 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:58 PM

We spent a lot of time on the phone with the Sheriff's office and Dinius's legal team.  Even got a personal thanks from him after the trial.

That said, it was all you guys who lit the fire under our asses and did all the research that allowed us to keep the pressure on via front page traffic and Facebook.

Would love to see a scanned article if anyone has the time.

#8 jerryj2me

jerryj2me

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:01 PM

Clear Lake incident? Somebody got a link for a quick memory refresh?

#9 Ncik

Ncik

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:08 PM

Clear Lake incident? Somebody got a link for a quick memory refresh?

http://forums.sailin...72984&p=1709294

http://forums.sailin...37717&p=3806448

#10 In the Jailhouse Now

In the Jailhouse Now

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:33 AM

BoatUS pretty much gives SA credit for what justice was achieved at Clear Lake.

Read the article and SA is pretty prominent in its sources. Finally some good news.

SA did some good things in the Clear Lake debacle along with Lat 38 and the local San Francisco ABC affiliate and some other folks.

Lets re-phrase that to the SA Community. As I remember many of the Forum users did lots of foot work.

Clean has already capitulated being an investigative reporter, so we know he is only capable writing on things the he likes or gives his name exposure.

and Scot only regurgitates what people send him with a sprinkling of his nonsense.

It is the Community that matters.

The needs of the many out weigh the needs of the one.

#11 Estar

Estar

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

We spent a lot of time on the phone with the Sheriff's office and Dinius's legal team.  Even got a personal thanks from him after the trial.

That said, it was all you guys who lit the fire under our asses and did all the research that allowed us to keep the pressure on via front page traffic and Facebook.

Clean, Beth wote it.

#12 kent_island_sailor

kent_island_sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

Here you go!

Attached Files

#13 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,541 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:04 AM

Clean, Beth wote it.

that explains much.  tell her thanks for the shout out.  Our association with that case, and the outcome, is one of the things that I am most proud of being a part of in my time here.

#14 nolatom

nolatom

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:49 PM

One of our finest hours, er, years.

Go the Bismarck!!   Even 4kn sb's are within the fold, when attacked by the nonsailing "Man", who either doesn't, or doesn't want to, get it.

#15 UNC Fan

UNC Fan

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:00 PM

SA is definitely the place for "shared outrage".

#16 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,541 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:00 PM

http://sailinganarch...07/26/nice-ink/

#17 bmz

bmz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:See above.

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

About two years ago something similar happened on the South River near Annapolis Maryland. A powerboat ran over a sailboat at night, I believe causing injuries. The police found the sailor to be at fault because he "turned in front of" the powerboat. Apparently, the police based their report on what the powerboater said, After the initial report in local press I have been unable to find any information of subsequent findings or investigations. Does anyone here know any further about this?

#18 Estar

Estar

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:26 PM

From Beth:

"If you want to share this link, it goes to the online version of the current story: http://www.boatus.co...small-stuff.asp

Ive also reposted the original story and the followup with Dinius attoreny on the page for the July issue: http://www.boatus.co...ine/default.asp

Tell them that Paige Kaneb, one of the attorneys in the original case and still involved today, sent her thanks to all of them."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users