#1 Kenno46

Kenno46

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Sailng....duh

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:37 AM

Hi,

I'm looking for 2-3 crew experienced crew members to help me sail my yacht down from New Orleans to the West coast of Florida. I plan to leave on or around the 16th of September for 10 days sailing. My mission is to get the boat to ultimately Naples Florida but Panama City or Tampa would also do if we run out of time, good weather or enthusiasm. 

My boat is a 46ft center cockpit 1982 Formosa/Peterson sailboat in good condition with all the safety equipment required. I've recently had the rigging replaced all around and the sails reinforced for cruising. I have an Epirb, 2xAIS Mob alarms, dinghy, 4 x wet weather gear etc.

It would be ideal for whoever plans on joining me to arrive a few days earlier to assist in getting the boat ready for the journey. Accommodation on board is 2 x double beds plus 3 other berths in the lounge.

A bit about me. I'm 32 years old and have been sailing for 17 years on all manner of keelboats and dinghys. I'm Australian but I regularly travel to the United States and keep my boat there. I've sailed offshore on several occasions along the Australian Coast and try to get out on the water as much as possible. I've owned the boat for a year now and recently sailed the boat, up the ICW from Houston through the dead of winter. Not an experience I'd like to experience again so I'm hoping to move the boat down to warmer climates prior to Christmas. I'm coming across to view the start of the America Cup finals in San Francisco, hopefully compete in the superyacht regatta and then head down to New Orleans to do a little work on the boat prior to departure.

I'm looking for crew who've had a minimum of 10 days offshore experience and it would be advantageous if they've sailing along the gulf coast before. It will not be a race down the coast and I plan to stop off whenever we can to explore and get a good meal. But there will be a few overnight sails along the way, particularly the big jump from Apalachicola Bay to Tampa. I usually run 3 hr rolling shifts and a sober boat between ports to keep everyone alert. Once we hit town then then rum can flow.

It should be a great experience and we can have a lot of fun along the way. I plan to do this safely and slowly and if things don't work out we'll find a nice port to park the boat at the end of the 10 days.

If you're interested send through your sailing cv and a little bit about yourself to galbraithclan@gmail.com with the subject title "New Orleans to Florida". Given that we'll be occasionally sailing in international waters and this is an Australian Boat you will need to have a passport with you.

Cheers

Ken

(Kenno46)

Formosa 46

"Bear Sniff"

#2 Kenno46

Kenno46

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Sailng....duh

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:09 AM

Thanks for all the responses. All crew positions are now filled.

Ken

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: crew needed, crew, new orleans, florida

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users