Flying Great Whites.... ' nuff said:

#2 Monkey

Monkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,394 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

I'm not scared 'til I see a sharknado with fricken' laser beams!

#3 CyberBOB

CyberBOB

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:03 PM

Hah - looks like a cheasy zombie movie, only with sharks - except for the whole 1941 ferris wheel bit.

#4 busymommybee

busymommybee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:22 PM

If you thought it was terrifying the first time - prepare yourselves for: Sharknado II!!!

http://www.huffingto..._n_3610548.html

#5 coelacanth2

coelacanth2

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fishing, sailing gardening and exposing my son to all of the above

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:26 PM

Kid and I watched part of it a couple of nights ago. Hey - sharks flying around in a tornado - how bad can it be?

Pretty bad.

#6 Shaggy

Shaggy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts
  • Interests:This is SA, you figure it out.......

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

Apparently it had the biggest twitter response about a tv show ever.  When it first aired ratings were crap, but 1/2 way through, so many people had tuned in that sifi is airing it again.  Cult status.  Heard today that they are now greenlighting sharknato 2 and having a contest to determine the name or plot or somesouch.......  Crap movie but you gotta love it.

what's nxt??  honey badgernato.....  snakenato?  blackwiddonato??   :D

#7 GHarbor1

GHarbor1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • Interests:Just be nice to each other.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:37 PM

Alpacopolypse. Enough said.

#8 hobot

hobot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,308 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:51 PM

'merica....gettin stupider one show at a time!

*edit* Shark week on Discovery Channel is coming up though.

#9 Ancient_Mariner

Ancient_Mariner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,818 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:55 AM

Bad week for seals...

#10 Liquid

Liquid

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:26 AM

My kids love these shitty, campy movies.  They are SO bad, they are good, or as one reviewer wrote: it's so wrong, it's right!  We've seen Sharktopus, Dinoshark, MegaShark, etc... they all suck but are so funny to watch.  We rip into the shittiness of the film, it's inconsistencies and laugh our way through them.  It's actually quite entertaining as we see them as comedies.  I think I'll need to employ an old collage trick: get high/drunk (your preference) watch these shitty movies with no sound and music on, make up your own dialogue=good fun!

It had a mere $2M budget!  Take that John Carter, After Earth, Lone Ranger, name the recent high budget flop of choice.

#11 Innocent Bystander

Innocent Bystander

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,776 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:41 AM

Looking forward to that. My daughter is an intern doing shark research, currently fossils such as the "megladon". Discovery channel filmed some of their stuff a few weeks back so she might make the show.

I'm ok with the fossil stuff. Not sure I'm ready for the live shark research she plans next spring.

#12 Monkey

Monkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,394 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:22 AM

Bad week for seals...

To be fair... That ad is awesome!

#13 B.J. Porter

B.J. Porter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,081 posts
  • Interests:Hallberg-Rassy 53 "Evenstar"

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:27 AM

Looking forward to that. My daughter is an intern doing shark research, currently fossils such as the "megladon". Discovery channel filmed some of their stuff a few weeks back so she might make the show.

I'm ok with the fossil stuff. Not sure I'm ready for the live shark research she plans next spring.

Where is she doing her research internship?  University of Maryland College Park?  I had a summer job with NMFS like that as a research assistant...one of the best jobs ever.  She'll be fine!

#14 Walt

Walt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:27 AM

Ghost Shark ........ need we say anymore....

#15 Terrorvision

Terrorvision

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,851 posts
  • Interests:Taking 'the' out of Psychotherapist

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:31 AM

Line of the movie: 'We're gonna need a bigger Chopper'.

Hell Comes To Frogtown started all this- Snakes On  A Plane kept it alive and Sharknado is the update.

#16 Black Sox

Black Sox

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

Watched a film called "Dark Tide" recently. Set in South Africa, with Halle Berry and a couple of other faces I recognised. The plot wasn't superb but the tension-building parts had me hiding my eyes behind my hands, waiting for the bad sharks to eat the poor people. Like the sequence in Jaws where the head rolls out of the boat, you know it's coming but that doesn't make it any easier to watch. Most "suspense" films don't wind me up but f**king sharks, now they give me the shits.

#17 Innocent Bystander

Innocent Bystander

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,776 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:45 PM

Where is she doing her research internship?  University of Maryland College Park?  I had a summer job with NMFS like that as a research assistant...one of the best jobs ever.  She'll be fine!

She is a second semester Senior at UMD CP in BIO and a Research Assistant/TA for one of the Dept Chairs who is researching biology of extinct animals. Supposedly, she'll be a "contributing author" on an upcoming publication. This summer she's at Calvert Marine Museum digging fossils out of the cliffs and sharks teeth out of a "Kitty Litter" clay deposit on the Northern Neck of VA and then doing the cleaning, preserving and classifying. The big find at the moment is a whale skull just at the high tide line on the Virginia Potomac shore.  Their "by catch" of common mako teeth, etc ends up in the Children's Museum sand pit so visiting kids can "find" real fossil shark teeth.  She'll graduate in December and has applied at the Bimini Biological Research Station for a 3-4 month stint prior to grad school next year. 

#18 Monkey

Monkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,394 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:12 PM

Hell Comes To Frogtown started all this- Snakes On  A Plane kept it alive and Sharknado is the update.

You need to watch "Megashark vs. Giant Octopus" to bring the week home. It has to be the absolutely worst movie I've ever seen, which is why it's awesome!

#19 hobot

hobot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,308 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:32 PM

Everything pales in comparison to the Mothra vs Bagan battle.

#20 VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:20 PM

SyFy is rerunning Sharknado tonight.

#21 busymommybee

busymommybee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:46 PM

Confession time...definitely have it queued on the DVR.  Anyone else not ashamed to admit it!!?

#22 Terrorvision

Terrorvision

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,851 posts
  • Interests:Taking 'the' out of Psychotherapist

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

You need to watch "Megashark vs. Giant Octopus" to bring the week home. It has to be the absolutely worst movie I've ever seen, which is why it's awesome!

Downloading........

#23 Innocent Bystander

Innocent Bystander

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,776 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:04 PM

Confession time...definitely have it queued on the DVR.  Anyone else not ashamed to admit it!!?

After all the hype, my 18 YO son and I decided it needed to be on the DVR so count us in.  His mother and older sister think we're crazy.  

#24 IrieMon

IrieMon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:25 PM

Accuweather actually found it necessary to "debunk" Sharknado !?!   The gall of them to question the internet-accepted phenomena known as SHARKNADO !  

http://www.accuweath...culous/15181031

#25 Bus Driver

Bus Driver

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,054 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

Did some summer research there with Brett Kent.  way cool time and spent loads of time in Solomons, up and down the Patuxent gathering data, and on the Bay.

#26 Bus Driver

Bus Driver

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,054 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:31 PM

She is a second semester Senior at UMD CP in BIO and a Research Assistant/TA for one of the Dept Chairs who is researching biology of extinct animals. Supposedly, she'll be a "contributing author" on an upcoming publication. This summer she's at Calvert Marine Museum digging fossils out of the cliffs and sharks teeth out of a "Kitty Litter" clay deposit on the Northern Neck of VA and then doing the cleaning, preserving and classifying. The big find at the moment is a whale skull just at the high tide line on the Virginia Potomac shore.  Their "by catch" of common mako teeth, etc ends up in the Children's Museum sand pit so visiting kids can "find" real fossil shark teeth.  She'll graduate in December and has applied at the Bimini Biological Research Station for a 3-4 month stint prior to grad school next year. 

Good for her.  Sounds like a great opportunity.  May swing by the CMM when we get to Solomons on Saturday.  Don't worry, I won't even look for her.  It's just a tradition with our crew to get some culture between the feeder race and SPLC.

#27 Monkey

Monkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,394 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

Downloading........
Excellent. You'll regret it in a wonderfully delightful way!

#28 Innocent Bystander

Innocent Bystander

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,776 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:52 PM

Good for her.  Sounds like a great opportunity.  May swing by the CMM when we get to Solomons on Saturday.  Don't worry, I won't even look for her.  It's just a tradition with our crew to get some culture between the feeder race and SPLC.

One step ahead. She will be in College Park this weekend. Girl grew up around sailors.

#29 Bus Driver

Bus Driver

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,054 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:04 PM

Smart girl, ya got there.  But, you already knew that.

#30 Kaptainkriz

Kaptainkriz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, duh!
    Tanzer 25 #28, Akoni
    Capri 30 #11, Rock Lobster (sold)
    http://www.tqci.net/~jkriz/Tanzer25.html

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:25 AM

Epic sharknado!

#31 Kaptainkriz

Kaptainkriz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
    Tanzer 25 #28, Akoni

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:03 AM

Somehow I feel my IQ just got drained....

#32 Innocent Bystander

Innocent Bystander

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,776 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:07 AM

Careful. Some of us just started it off the DVR. IQ dropping by the minute.

#33 Kaptainkriz

Kaptainkriz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
    Tanzer 25 #28, Akoni

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:46 AM

Lol......ok, no spoilers from me. :)

#34 Innocent Bystander

Innocent Bystander

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,776 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:28 AM

Lol......ok, no spoilers from me. :)

How could you spoil that?  I think my intellect is permanently damaged.   

#35 Cruisin Loser

Cruisin Loser

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, rock climbing, skiing, steatopygia, stuff

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:28 PM

So, for the sequel, how about Sharknado meets Hot Tub Time Machine?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users