Primus AIR 40 wind generator for marine use?

wind generator electrical off grid

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 psychosailing

psychosailing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Location:It's here: http://lapossibilitadiunisola.wordpress.com

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:44 PM

Hi all,

we made a mistake purchasing online and we got an AIR 40 wind gen instead of an AIR breeze. There is 200$ between the two and obviously the main difference is that AIR40 is intended for land use while the AIRbreeze is marine grade. AIR breeze is corrosion resistant, aircraft quality paint with a marine grade O-ring seal and stainless steel fasteners. For the rest they are are the same exact generator

I wonder if with a touch of good paint and stainless steel fasteners the AIR 40 is going to do the job. Any opinion about it?

#2 Rasputin22

Rasputin22

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:51 PM

I bought my old Air 303 unpainted for a big savings and sanded, primed and painted it myself for a substantial savings. It had the o-ring and SS fastenings.

#3 _Vegas_

_Vegas_

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,641 posts
  • Interests:Kicking Ass and Going Fast

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:27 PM

Call the manufacturer - Ask what the difference is between the units (in totality) - make a laundry list, order those parts to replace , and give her a fresh awlgrip paint job and go sailing :)

#4 psychosailing

psychosailing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Location:It's here: http://lapossibilitadiunisola.wordpress.com

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:16 PM

The Air40 is already anodized aluminum, that usually doesn't need any painting. I am more worried about the O-Ring, but even a land wind generator should be waterproof in case of rain. Thanks for the suggestions I will try to track down the different parts involved :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wind generator, electrical, off grid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users