NautiGirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:17 PM

another Anarchy Wedding!

1001034_10151725972126702_1367809816_n.j

Took today off to get some wedding stuff done. I plan events for a living, so I haven't had much interest in planning our own event after hours.  Add to that a downright hellish year (discovery of bedbugs, moving, throwing out and replacing all of our furniture, the sudden death of Gumby's dad, his mom having open heart surgery and complications that saw her in the ICU for 5 weeks with 2 additional surgeries, an extremely hectic period at work for me that had my doctor wanting to place me on stress leave and losing 15 pounds in 3 months, etc) and planning a wedding was the last of my concerns or stresses. 

But things have finally settled down over the past month or so, and we're proceeding as planned.

The first of the invitations were delivered today (they only arrived on Wednesday, and I had them in the mail Thursday morning).

I haven't posted much lately, but despite its faults, SA has always been a gathering place for people I have come to consider friends, and felt compelled to share our good news in case some of you had missed it since we became engaged in March of 2011.   :)

#2 DaveK

DaveK

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,713 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:28 PM

Wow :)

#3 NautiGirl

NautiGirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:30 PM

Wow :)

I am a very lucky girl.  He's the best skipper I've ever had, and he doesn't make me hide down below. :lol:

(figured I'd get that out there before someone else came along and did it for me ;) )

#4 hard aground

hard aground

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,283 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

Mrs. Gumby eh?

#5 NautiGirl

NautiGirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

Mrs. Gumby eh?

Mrs. Gumby

The Boat Owner's Wife

Mrs. Commodore (or as we call it at our club, the "Commadorable")

I am so excited. Not stressed (despite the fact I have a lot to do in a very short period of time) at all.  And certainly not nervous.

I have never aspired to get married. I haven't attended a wedding in about 15 years.  But this just feels so perfect.

It will be a very nautical affair, with us getting married on the quarterdeck of the last WW2 corvette, and arriving at our evening reception on our boat.  Last week we changed our colour scheme and theme to match our boat (navy blue hull with a silver boot stripe).  Our sailing and power boating friends will join us to travel from our wedding venue to the reception venue in a convoy (weather permitting, of course. And of course, it will :)  )

It will be lovely, I'm sure.

#6 #13

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts
  • Interests:Antrim 27 and Mercury owner

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

Well done, the both of you.  Best wishes and congrats all around!

#7 mainsheetsister

mainsheetsister

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Interests:sarcasm
    and
    the sky

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:51 PM

Congratulations! The husband (mainsheetmister?) and I will celebrate our 25th anniversary on August 26.

Hope the two of you enjoy many happy years together!

#8 NautiGirl

NautiGirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:54 PM

Congratulations! The husband (mainsheetmister?) and I will celebrate our 25th anniversary on August 26.

You know, I've always thought that weddings themselves were over rated (and to a degree, still do).  Anyone can get married, but in this day and age, it's the people that stick together that deserve the celebrating!  

I've read a lot of anti-marriage comments on this forum. Your 26 year marriage makes my heart happy.  When you take your time, marry for the right reasons, and commit to it, you will be successful.  Your hubby is a fortunate man, and you are a fortunate woman. I know he must have, and continues to be, a wonderful support to you. :)  :wub:

#9 NautiGirl

NautiGirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

Well done, the both of you.  Best wishes and congrats all around!

Thank you. :)

One less single sailing chick on the market. ;)

(Which reminds me of a story: about a month ago, we were at the club, and I was sitting with some girls who took the offshore survival at sea course with me. They were with another boat owner, and we were talking about the St. Pierre race last summer, and the delivery home.  the boat owner asked about where we traveled to after St. Pierre, and I mentioned our cruising journey to Newfoundland, and cape Breton.  He asked who joined us to get the boat home, and I replied "Gumby and I delivered it home."  He was incredulous, and said "You did the trip, just the two of you?!". "Yes", i replied, "Just us. It was wonderful".  He then responded "I need to find a girl like you--I only date the skinny girls and they can't grind a winch".  I suppressed my indignation that this man was implying that I was, at 5'6", size 2-6, 120lbs, a "not-skinny" girl and had an internal chuckle.  Next year, we plan to do our first double-handed offshore race. Which is fantastic given how in 2010 I had to practically beg him to take me to St. Pierre for our first offshore race together. :)  )

#10 bugger

bugger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • Interests:sailing

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:07 PM

In case no one else gets it, the signal flags at the bottom of the invitation read:

together forever

That's nice. 

Congratulations and best wishes. 

#11 NautiGirl

NautiGirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:11 PM

In case no one else gets it, the signal flags at the bottom of the invitation read:

together forever

That's nice. 

The same signal flags will be displayed at the reception, and hopefully on our boat. :)

Thank you for the kind wishes.

#12 Windward

Windward

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • Interests:Building and managing websites using the Umbraco CMS

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:20 PM

NautiGumbyGirl?

I see a good SA handle.

Congrats, and hopefully all the drama settles down soon.  Sounds like you have had a full plate.

I also got married on a boat, and regrettably some guests got seasick.

#13 NautiGirl

NautiGirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:29 PM

NautiGumbyGirl?

I see a good SA handle.

Congrats, and hopefully all the drama settles down soon.  Sounds like you have had a full plate.

I also got married on a boat, and regrettably some guests got seasick.

I'm not taking his name legally, so maybe for SA I should be Gumby'sGirl. :)

And congratulations for you!!!

(The corvette will be tied up, so no seasickness is anticipated. I just hope it's at low tide so my mother-in-law can get up the gangway with no problems!)

sackbutton.jpg

#14 A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

A_guy_in_the_Chesapeake

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,456 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:39 PM

I hope that you two enjoy the same thrill of waking up every morning and wondering how you each got so lucky that my Wife & I (well, at least *I* do) share.  

Besta luck! 

#15 NautiGirl

NautiGirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:48 PM

I hope that you two enjoy the same thrill of waking up every morning and wondering how you each got so lucky that my Wife & I (well, at least *I* do) share.  

Besta luck! 

You know, i feel that every day as it is, especially with what we've gone through in the past 6 months.

It's been hard. Really, really hard.  And there's not a day that I don't look at him as he sleeps and think "I would have never got through this without you".

I was hoping that this thread would bring out the "I love my wife/husband" folks who have wonderful marriages.  It just make me, who has waited until I was 38 to finally "settle down" feel reassured (not that I really need it, but I read so many posts here about folks who resent or are unhappy with their married lives, and worry that will be us in 10 years, even though in my heart I'm confident it won't be) that people are happy and fulfilled in their marriage.

Thank you so much!

#16 Remodel

Remodel

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,387 posts
  • Interests:Sailboat racing and long distance cruising

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:00 PM

Congrats Nauti and Gumby!

#17 jewing

jewing

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:If you're on this site, probably not that much different than yours

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

Congrats to you both!!!

#18 B.J. Porter

B.J. Porter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,912 posts
  • Interests:Hallberg-Rassy 53 "Evenstar"

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:26 PM

Besta luck! 

You know, i feel that every day as it is, especially with what we've gone through in the past 6 months.

It's been hard. Really, really hard.  And there's not a day that I don't look at him as he sleeps and think "I would have never got through this without you".

I was hoping that this thread would bring out the "I love my wife/husband" folks who have wonderful marriages.  It just make me, who has waited until I was 38 to finally "settle down" feel reassured (not that I really need it, but I read so many posts here about folks who resent or are unhappy with their married lives, and worry that will be us in 10 years, even though in my heart I'm confident it won't be) that people are happy and fulfilled in their marriage.

Thank you so much!

Yeah, I suppose impending nuptials do bring out the happily married old farts to reminisce  - 20 years for my wife and I as of last March and it's better now than it was the first year.

Congratulations and best wishes to both of you!

#19 oldgoatroper

oldgoatroper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,619 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:26 PM

Congrats, NG & Gumby!

:)

Hope someone will be lookin' after the ranch for your mom...

#20 Windward

Windward

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:30 PM

Got a bit of a chuckle over the boats name.

Sackville.

#21 NautiGirl

NautiGirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:30 PM

Congrats, NG & Gumby!

:)

Hope someone will be lookin' after the ranch for your mom...

OGR--we will be in Alberta the weekend after the wedding, and my mother is hosting a small function for us in the middle of nowhere, AB.  I am quite serious when I say that we would love to meet you and have you join us.  If you care to, please forward me your contact information (originalnautigirl {at} gmail {dot} com) and I will have her include you.  Only if you have the time and inclination, of course.  It would be September 14th or 15th.  If not, we will be in AB almost a week after the wedding, so maybe we can try to hook up for drinks. :)

#22 NautiGirl

NautiGirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:32 PM

Got a bit of a chuckle over the boats name.

Sackville.

AKA Sackvegas in these parts

#23 oldgoatroper

oldgoatroper

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,619 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:32 PM

The middle of nowhere? Holy crap, that's just down the road from here! We'll see you then...

#24 NautiGirl

NautiGirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:35 PM

The middle of nowhere? Holy crap, that's just down the road from here! We'll see you then...

That would be lovely. I hope we can make it work for real this time.

#25 Bus Driver

Bus Driver

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,822 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:00 PM

Congrats.

Which one of these guys is your future hubby?

http://www.hulu.com/watch/274098

(no idea how to embed Hulu videos)

#26 NautiGirl

NautiGirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:10 PM

Congrats.

Which one of these guys is your future hubby?

http://www.hulu.com/watch/274098

(no idea how to embed Hulu videos)

I can't watch that from Canada, but if it's the vintage SNL I think it is, that was his inspiration for his username.

#27 Charlie Foxtrot

Charlie Foxtrot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,351 posts
  • Interests:Thistle #3130

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:17 PM

Congrats, Nauti -- Condolences, Gumby!.  

#28 NautiGirl

NautiGirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:34 PM

Congrats, Nauti -- Condolences, Gumby!.  

That man has the patience of Job--just ask Rail Meat and his Marblehead crew. :)

#29 chinabald

chinabald

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,483 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:41 PM

another Anarchy Wedding!

Took today off to get some wedding stuff done. I plan events for a living, so I haven't had much interest in planning our own event after hours.  Add to that a downright hellish year (discovery of bedbugs, moving, throwing out and replacing all of our furniture, the sudden death of Gumby's dad, his mom having open heart surgery and complications that saw her in the ICU for 5 weeks with 2 additional surgeries, an extremely hectic period at work for me that had my doctor wanting to place me on stress leave and losing 15 pounds in 3 months, etc) and planning a wedding was the last of my concerns or stresses. 

But things have finally settled down over the past month or so, and we're proceeding as planned.

The first of the invitations were delivered today (they only arrived on Wednesday, and I had them in the mail Thursday morning).

I haven't posted much lately, but despite its faults, SA has always been a gathering place for people I have come to consider friends, and felt compelled to share our good news in case some of you had missed it since we became engaged in March of 2011.   :)

Congrats to both of you.

#30 NACRADUDE

NACRADUDE

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,283 posts
  • Interests:Various women, various boats, and various states of consciousness.

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:31 PM

Congrats to you both.

#31 IrieMon

IrieMon

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:36 PM

Many congrats and your ceremony sounds awesome !   Sept 7 is a great date, but the address was a bit washed-out.. please repost ! 

Just celebrated 20 yrs, so it can be done !      Just remember.... at times there is a thin line between soul-mate and cellmate.   Just go with the flow.....

#32 BobJ

BobJ

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:45 PM

Just remember.... at times there is a thin line between soul-mate and cellmate.   Just go with the flow.....

+1.  In another three weeks (and 17 hrs, 14 min, 23 sec) it will be 29 years for us.

Congrat's.

#33 Thiepval

Thiepval

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:00 PM

Congratulations!

Like the flags, took me a min or two to work out!

Have a fabulous day / life!

#34 Ancient_Mariner

Ancient_Mariner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,635 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:06 PM

Hey there Nauti....had no idea you were engaged back in 2011.  About fucking time to tie the knot don't ya think?  Sorry you & Gumby have had a lot of shit thrown at you recently...but it makes you stronger, right?

4 days to my 48th.  Talk about going through a lot of shit....BUT, we are stronger than ever now.

Wish I could be there to send you off into married married land, but I send my GRATS to you both with great heart.

#35 NautiGirl

NautiGirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:13 PM

Hey there Nauti....had no idea you were engaged back in 2011.  About fucking time to tie the knot don't ya think?  Sorry you & Gumby have had a lot of shit thrown at you recently...but it makes you stronger, right?

4 days to my 48th.  Talk about going through a lot of shit....BUT, we are stronger than ever now.

Wish I could be there to send you off into married married land, but I send my GRATS to you both with great heart.

Ya, well, I'm a little bit of a procrastinator, and a great man is hard to find.  I was pretty quiet about the whole engagement thing.  I don't really like it when people make a big fuss over such things.

And yes, going through a heap of shit with someone really shows you their character.  I've always felt I would never agree to marry someone until I'd seen how we'd a) spent a minimum of 3 days alone on a boat together and b  ) weathered some tough stuff.  Gumby and I have done both beautifully.  

Congrats to YOU and your lovely!  What an inspiration!

#36 Ancient_Mariner

Ancient_Mariner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,635 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:20 PM

90% perspiration, 10% inspiration....lol

#37 Windward

Windward

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:20 PM

Sept 7 is a great date, but the address was a bit washed-out.. please repost ! 

Ha!

I bet she'd love to have this lot showing up for a sendoff.

Lets see now.  I will prepare a SA guest-list.

dde

Booth

Snaggletooth

Sol

BG

dorag (bet he won't come since its a different country)

LeftHook

Regatta Dog

Happy Jack

Swanny

Ed and Clean

Room for more?

#38 NautiGirl

NautiGirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:27 PM

Sure, why not? :lol:

Did I mention open bar, or was that just assumed?

#39 Windward

Windward

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:36 PM

Windward, hawaiifins, landloc, eric e, islandgoat2010, BTV, NUDDY, Pukka, Doug Lord, string puller, Nutta, nimbus, barnone, porthos, SHayes, greasy al, Koukel, SloopJonB, Frenchy in Tampa, chessiebaysailor, pbfxst, Bill Gibbs, notallthere, Bill E Goat, JWR, WHL, hobie17li, Gary B, albanyguy, imakebadjokes, Remote Control, AndreasE_NO, pjh, greenleader, Bob Perry, Dagbar, JEA, RobertMw, Knockonatack, Hank Chinaski, burndoc, Skalpel, Happy Jack, dlinegar, OxyMoron, granti, F-18 5150, George Hackett, christom, sam75, Gorn FRANTIC!!, Jake B, mili, abroad, Kaihoe, waikikin, jonsailor, cruiser79, Crux, lafish, dhawks, Enzedel 92, TROU, dumper, SVPiper, J Keeley, Barnyb, Yuck Fou, rcbrds, Tcatman, kc2684, webfish, Matt DI, Dorado, barleymalt, rob d, PoossynemeGet , Bent Sailor, buffalosailor, knobblyoldjimbo, MrSurly, mustang__1, The Jibber Jabber, The C is Silent, DryArmour, Catalyst, fallsailor, Gong Show, John Ball, Ship o' Fools, ians, VALIS, larso, Fred R, Grey Dawn, Ethan K, Junebug, Danno, Passinwind, Tokyo Trash Baby, 184, funkman, Terry Hollis, rosco08, winchfodder, wristwister, JJD, frostbit, vibroman, Abby Normal, lanikai, DaveK, DayTripper, NYBOZO1, Bastiat, Tranquilo, bones M, skew, Syd, behappy, Capt. K, Mariner, zk.kz, buggo, EWS, Y-rag, itch, Tulosba, Ancient_Mariner, sailcalifornia, Stanuel, elg, Dave Clark, joe.barry, Shotgunn, brian weslake, Across the Pond, JSoup, Later, DngrMs, EarthBM, Dougy the gun, gmanwally, captnjoe

:wub:

#40 landloc

landloc

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:52 PM

Congrats to the both of you. When there are tough times, you can sail on separate boats, That's when you'll find it's a lot more fun together.

#41 Gouvernail

Gouvernail

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,622 posts
  • Interests:margaritas, hippie chicks, durable flying discs for retriever dog play

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:05 AM

#42 Que

Que

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:The great outdoors.

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:50 AM

Congrats!  Sometimes it takes a while to find the right person.  I was lucky and found mine early.  June marked our 20th.

#43 mainsheetsister

mainsheetsister

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
    and
    the sky

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:06 AM

You know, I've always thought that weddings themselves were over rated (and to a degree, still do).  Anyone can get married, but in this day and age, it's the people that stick together that deserve the celebrating!  

I've read a lot of anti-marriage comments on this forum. Your 26 year marriage makes my heart happy.  When you take your time, marry for the right reasons, and commit to it, you will be successful.  Your hubby is a fortunate man, and you are a fortunate woman. I know he must have, and continues to be, a wonderful support to you. :)  :wub:

He makes me feel like the luckiest person on the planet.....hope you can say the same thing for the next several decades!

#44 basketcase

basketcase

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Location:The Committee for the Liberation and Integration of Terrifying Organisms and their Rehabilitation Into Society
  • Interests:recreational gynecology.

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:43 AM

on my way.

good on ya dear.

#45 NautiGirl

NautiGirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:32 PM

on my way.

good on ya dear.

Shoot me a message on FB and your invitation will be in the mail Tuesday morning.  We're hoping D&P will be joining us, and if you and the Mrs could make it, we'd be thrilled to have you join us. You've always been on our guest list, Doll.

If you can't make it, well, you'd have concrete proof that hell has indeed frozen over.

#46 Point Break

Point Break

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,135 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:29 PM

Mrs PB is without a doubt the best thing that ever happened to me. Even though we're now old retired folks it keeps getting better. Congratulations!

#47 billy backstay

billy backstay

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,715 posts
  • Interests:boats, cars, girls....

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

Congrats NG!!  Wishing you the bestest happiness...

#48 NautiGirl

NautiGirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

All these tales of long and happy marriages make me smile. Looking forward to joining you all! :)

#49 billy backstay

billy backstay

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,715 posts
  • Interests:boats, cars, girls....

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

28 years so far...

#50 NautiGirl

NautiGirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:42 PM

'K.  Passed along your email addy to my mother.

She called me today to talk about what her partner should wear (umm, clothes?).  I guess last year, when his youngest daughter was about to get married (called off because they couldn't come to an agreement on the pre-nup, and it's game over for them), he was very keen to dress in western formal--cowboy hat, bolo tie, etc.  His daughter flatly refused, and instead he bought a run of the mill suit (which they promptly returned when the wedding was called off 3 days later).  Anyhow, my mom wanted to know if it was ok if he dressed that way for our nuptials. And of course it is.  He's born and bread in the west. He makes his living raising cattle.  If that's what he wants to wear, and it makes him feel handsome and good, then that's what he should wear.

My style? No. But I'm sure he'll look great, and I'll be sure to share a picture with you, my western friend.  I have a feeling that hat will spend as much time on my head as it does on his. ;)

#51 Rail Meat

Rail Meat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts
  • Interests:My ride: An OCD designed Class 40

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:18 AM

Congratulations to both of you.  It was great to spend time with you guys in Halifax and to hoist a pint or two.  Best wishes for a long life of hapiness and adventure.

#52 dash34

dash34

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Interests:Sailing my boat, playing bass and classical guitar, flying sailplanes, skiing, cycling and hiking.

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:45 AM

Congrats!  I'm just coming up to 25, the "carbon anniversary" as I keep reminding my wife.  Sails, sailboat, glider, it doesn't matter.

Er, can't help but wonder, what does he fly?

#53 Bump-n-Grind

Bump-n-Grind

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,246 posts
  • Interests:Boats: J35, Chesapeake 20 ,Laser , 47' ChrisCraft Commander, Mainship 34, Volkl P10's 205's, Fischer Big Stix 185's, K2 Recons, K2 Xplorers, Rosi Phantoms, other boats and powder boards to be named later

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:48 PM

together forever

That's nice. 

The same signal flags will be displayed at the reception, and hopefully on our boat. :)

Thank you for the kind wishes.

Feel free to use my signature flags as a wrap for the bouquet when ya get ready to toss it ;)

#54 NautiGirl

NautiGirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:11 PM

Congrats!  I'm just coming up to 25, the "carbon anniversary" as I keep reminding my wife.  Sails, sailboat, glider, it doesn't matter.

Er, can't help but wonder, what does he fly?

Fly?

He flies spinnakers and assyms. :)

If 25 is the carbon anniversary, surely the 1st is the Stratis anniversary, no?

#55 NautiGirl

NautiGirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:13 PM

Congratulations to both of you.  It was great to spend time with you guys in Halifax and to hoist a pint or two.  Best wishes for a long life of hapiness and adventure.

Ah, the fun was all mine!  I owe you an email.  I got myself into a spot of trouble (Imagine!!), so the week after you left I was pretty distracted with that mess. Since then, I've been trying to make up for lost time with wedding planning and such, so have been stupid busy.

But will respond soon, I promise!

#56 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,726 posts
  • Interests:Postponing my funeral 'til tomorrow....

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:05 PM

Just dawned on me that the Nurse & I first hooked up for a quickie twenty nine years ago last month. Jfc, time sure flies when you've been trying to kill yourself with hops for almost three f'ng decades......:lol:

#57 Hatin' life

Hatin' life

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts
  • Interests:Screwing, nailing, other woodworking activities.

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:52 PM

Been married six weeks...
Never thought I would be either. When it's right, it's right.

Congratulations!

#58 NautiGirl

NautiGirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:03 PM

Been married six weeks...
Never thought I would be either. When it's right, it's right.

Congratulations!

Cheers to you!  Can't wait until we're on your side of the wedding instead of this one. So much to do!

#59 Rum Runner

Rum Runner

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:35 PM

another Anarchy Wedding!

Mazel Tov!

#60 Genealex

Genealex

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:54 PM

Congratulations! I'm sure it's going to be a memorable day. Wish you both a long and happy life together.

#61 NautiGirl

NautiGirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

3 weeks from today, and woke up to see our photographer threw one of the engagement pics she took of us on Thursday up on her FB page. 

It's coming quick!

998624_10151342891602325_1451649447_n.jp

#62 familysailor

familysailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,774 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:42 AM

Just celebrated our 33rd. Time flies...

So...

Has anyone told Pokey yet?

#63 mainsheetsister

mainsheetsister

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
    and
    the sky

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:29 PM

Lovely photo.  Thanks for posting!

#64 Cruisin Loser

Cruisin Loser

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,639 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, rock climbing, skiing, steatopygia, stuff

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:26 PM

We met when she was 19, I was 20, we've been together for 38 years, 35 of them married come December. I am the luckiest man on earth, and tell her so. She's still the sweet, kind girl I fell for. She's not a great sailor, but is a wonderful shipmate and loves being aboard. She's has done 2 Bermuda-Newport returns (so far). The greatest joy in my life has been spending it with this magical, beautiful woman, and raising our kids together.

Marriage is different from all of your other family relationships. We don't choose our parents, siblings, or kids. We get who we get, hopefully good ones.

We get to choose our husband or wife, out of all the other people on earth. That makes the relationship special, and different from all others. This is a love you choose, not a relative you just get. Cherish each other and the reward will be happiness beyond measure.

#65 NautiGirl

NautiGirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:41 PM

We met when she was 19, I was 20, we've been together for 38 years, 35 of them married come December. I am the luckiest man on earth, and tell her so. She's still the sweet, kind girl I fell for. She's not a great sailor, but is a wonderful shipmate and loves being aboard. She's has done 2 Bermuda-Newport returns (so far). The greatest joy in my life has been spending it with this magical, beautiful woman, and raising our kids together.

Marriage is different from all of your other family relationships. We don't choose our parents, siblings, or kids. We get who we get, hopefully good ones.

We get to choose our husband or wife, out of all the other people on earth. That makes the relationship special, and different from all others. This is a love you choose, not a relative you just get. Cherish each other and the reward will be happiness beyond measure.

What a beautiful way to sum it up, an so accurate.

#66 NautiGirl

NautiGirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:44 PM

792274_10151756800831702_668262519_o.jpg

A little something I made for display at our reception and in out new home after the fact (the boat's colours are silver and navy. hence why it doesn't "match")

#67 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:31 AM

Hey Congrats you two! This year Mrs LB15 and I will celebrate our 26th. I am going to tell her about the Carbon anniversary but I think it might have to be Dacron.
Enjoy and make sure the Bridesmaids get sex on the night.
Good luck!

#68 NautiGirl

NautiGirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:13 PM

Oh, I have no doubt that she'll get lucky. ;)

Hey Congrats you two! This year Mrs LB15 and I will celebrate our 26th. I am going to tell her about the Carbon anniversary but I think it might have to be Dacron.
Enjoy and make sure the Bridesmaids get sex on the night.
Good luck!

Got the proofs from our engagement session today. Can't log on from my work computer, but took a screenshot of my fav from my phone.

:wub:

ephoto2.JPG

#69 ssi

ssi

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:30 PM

Invitation to attend with address struck out.

Engagement session photos?

Pardon me, but that's just attention whoring.

Congrats anyway, good luck to Gumby.

#70 NautiGirl

NautiGirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:44 PM

Invitation to attend with address struck out.

Engagement session photos?

Pardon me, but that's just attention whoring.

Congrats anyway, good luck to Gumby.

Sorry you feel that way.  Excuse me for not wanting the location of my wedding shared with everyone on SA. Those that are invited, know where it is, and let's be honest, you don't really care since you wouldn't come anyway, so not sure why it matters to you anyway that I blurred it out.

I have 40 engagement photos. i posted two. Sorry for my "attention whoring". May I suggest you familiarize yourself with the ignore function if that's how you feel?

#71 JBSF

JBSF

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,865 posts
  • Interests:Racing, diving, cycling, flying, pussy, shooting and any other action sports.

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

Nauti - 1st of all.... HUGE congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!  He's a lucky guy.

2nd of all - there's still time for us to have a quick fling before you are officially "taken".  Let me know, and I'll book the airline tix and fly in for the weekend.  ;)

#72 NautiGirl

NautiGirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:07 PM

Nauti - 1st of all.... HUGE congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!  He's a lucky guy.

2nd of all - there's still time for us to have a quick fling before you are officially "taken".  Let me know, and I'll book the airline tix and fly in for the weekend.  ;)

I was thinking of you a few weeks ago, actually. I was invited to a flight suit party, but I was in contrition mode for my post-marblehead race nights on the town so thought it best I stay home.

You're very kind, but I am arguably quite taken now, so I will have to decline your kind offer. :)

#73 JBSF

JBSF

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,865 posts
  • Interests:Racing, diving, cycling, flying, pussy, shooting and any other action sports.

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

I was thinking of you a few weeks ago, actually. I was invited to a flight suit party, but I was in contrition mode for my post-marblehead race nights on the town so thought it best I stay home.

You're very kind, but I am arguably quite taken now, so I will have to decline your kind offer. :)

Its probably just as well..... racing season starts in less than a month and a trip to Canada would eat into my training days. 

If you change your mind though, let me know.  Your finance is welcome to join in or watch.... just sayin' :o

#74 NautiGirl

NautiGirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:29 PM

Its probably just as well..... racing season starts in less than a month and a trip to Canada would eat into my training days. 

If you change your mind though, let me know.  Your finance is welcome to join in or watch.... just sayin' :o

My stagette is Saturday night, if you wish to come put on a show for some lovely (sailing) ladies. ;)

#75 hard aground

hard aground

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,283 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:09 PM

792274_10151756800831702_668262519_o.jpg

A little something I made for display at our reception and in out new home after the fact (the boat's colours are silver and navy. hence why it doesn't "match")

So first you post the "I need a pilot" and "I want to communicate", then when JBSF chimes in you pretty much tell him to go away???  :lol:  :lol:

#76 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:24 PM

Your finance is welcome to join in or watch.... just sayin' :o

What could possibly go wrong?

#77 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,726 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:31 PM

Your finance is welcome to join in or watch.... just sayin' :o

What could possibly go wrong?

Absolutely nothing. Unless of course, you are one the two weddees-2-be.....

#78 On the Hard

On the Hard

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

I just feel bad that Gumby is apparently being relegated to "finance"

I know some women marry for money, but that's kind of harsh, don't you think?

Just kidding - Best wishes!!

(By the way, weren't you posting on the weight loss thread a few months ago? You look like you can't spare a pound! And I, for one, enjoyed the engagement photo. Thanks for posting it)

#79 NautiGirl

NautiGirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

(By the way, weren't you posting on the weight loss thread a few months ago? You look like you can't spare a pound! And I, for one, enjoyed the engagement photo. Thanks for posting it)

Ya, I lost a ton of weight (15, almost 20 lbs?) after a spring and summer of serious stress and upheaval. But as Wallace Simpson said, you can never be too rich or too thin, and since me and my "finance" don't have to worry about the too rich part, might as well enjoy being a bit too thin!

#80 R Booth

R Booth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,726 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:40 PM

Ya, I lost a ton of weight (15, almost 20 lbs?) after a spring and summer of serious stress and upheaval. But as Wallace Simpson said, you can never be too rich or too thin, and since me and my "finance" don't have to worry about the too rich part, might as well enjoy being a bit too thin!

What's that olde saying? Some wives count calories, and some wives count money?..... :P

#81 NautiGirl

NautiGirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

I count neither

#82 On the Hard

On the Hard

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

I count neither

I knew I liked your style.

I count both and neither seems to be working, so what's the point!

#83 On the Hard

On the Hard

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:58 PM

By the way, 26 years married last May and it may be the only thing I've ever gotten right in life.

I think we both feel like we contribute 55% to the marriage. We've never had one of those "score-keeping" arguments about who does what around the house and it just keeps working. (I mention this as a little voice of experience advice) I'm pretty sure she could have done better, but I'm damn glad she settled for me!

#84 pipe dream

pipe dream

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:30 AM

Hope today is fantastic for you Nauti.

Put some pics up when you get a chance.

#85 Tunnel Rat

Tunnel Rat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:05 AM

Apparently the alignment of Mars and Venus is making this the most auspicious day of the year to get married in Denmark!!! I heard it on the BBC so it must be true!

I do genuinely hope it works well for you guys.

Getting hitched was the best thing I've done in my life.

#86 Throatwarbler-Mangrove

Throatwarbler-Mangrove

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,132 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:48 PM

Congrats and best wishes to both of you!

#87 mainsheetsister

mainsheetsister

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
    and
    the sky

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:26 AM

Hope your day was beautiful!

Congratulations!

#88 Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,118 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:35 AM

Congrats!  

#89 NautiGirl

NautiGirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:17 PM

Thank you everyone.  It was a perfect day, and I am so blessed to have an incredible brand new husband!

1176279_10151547906636213_390523910_n.jp

1235114_10151547907276213_1730462636_n.j

Nothing like arriving at your reception by boat, being piped off the marina, and having your closest friends and family there to greet you as you come off the dock.

Once i have more pictures, I'll share them.

Right now I just need a nap!

#90 On the Hard

On the Hard

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

beautiful pictures! Beautiful bride!

Congrats and warmest wishes to you both

#91 Rail Meat

Rail Meat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts
  • Interests:My ride: An OCD designed Class 40

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:52 AM

Congrats to both you and Gumby.  Here is to many happy years together.

#92 bugger

bugger

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • Interests:sailing

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:29 PM

That's a lovely photo.  Congratulations. 

And it even looks like a nice day!  Not the usual rainy windy foggy Halifax!

#93 NautiGirl

NautiGirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

It was rainy and 10° on Thursday. We had no back up plan for bad weather so we really lucked out. Our sail to the yacht club was perfect. We should have some really lovely pictures.

Thursday we leave for Alberta to celebrate with my mother's friends.

We are so blessed.

#94 Ozee Adventure

Ozee Adventure

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,541 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:22 AM

Congrats to you both Health, Wealth & Happiness always

OA & lydia xxx

#95 Walt

Walt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:28 PM

may you have many, many years of happiness together.   Congrats

#96 NautiGirl

NautiGirl

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:18 PM

This was the meat of our ceremony:

"For centuries, sailors have fallen in love with the sea and in many ways; the sea is much like love itself. It is in a state of constant change, motion and evolution, forever adapting to its environment. And yet at the same time, like love, the sea is ancient and unchanging. 

William Shakespeare wrote “My bounty is as boundless as the sea, my love as deep. The more I give thee, the more I have, for both are infinite.” 

And like the sea, love inspires us with its beauty, comforts us with its gentleness, awes us with its strength and challenges us with its tempests. 

Like the waves of the ocean, love has its highs and lows. You will go through many of them in a lifetime of marriage. Remember that one wave is a fleeting as another and that all of them will one day pass. 

Cherish every high point and every day that your sea sparkles in the sunlight. Remember them as you help each other weather dark and difficult storms together.

Marriage is the bond of loyalty that will give you the strength and determination to weather the storms that will inevitably come. 

Marriage makes a crew of two individuals and becomes the ship that will carry them over the highest waves and safely across the deepest seas. 

Like any ship, a marriage must be cared for. Of the many duties that demand time in your lives, prioritize none of them above tending to this ship that is your marriage. Make time to give it the care it needs, treating both the sea and the ship with the awe and respect that both deserve. 

A well-tended ship will stay afloat and weather the storms of her passage. Whereas a ship that has been ignored and left to decay cannot withstand the challenges of the sea and will eventually break apart. 

Let your ship be the example that others look to and may the care of this ship not be a chore to you, but a labor of your love. "

#97 yowie

yowie

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:49 AM

Just Wow! Congratulations to both of you. 

Cant help thinking a few SA selfies and you'd have had this done years ago:)

Lucky Gumby. Lovely words.

We are almost up to 23 years.

Like wine, marriage gets better with time; keep it cool and make sure the cork doesn't go off.

Cheers!

#98 JBSF

JBSF

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,865 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:52 AM

Congrats Nauti and new hubby!  Serious best wishes to you both.  Hopefully there's good stories and naked pics of bridesmaids from the after-party to be posted soon :D

#99 b6sfull

b6sfull

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:45 PM

A beautiful story to follow with an amazing finish.
Your new life begins together now, enjoy.

Jenn and I are planning a trip to Halifax and area early October. Perhaps we all can have a cocktail one evening.

Cheers

Stuart

#100 Tax Man

Tax Man

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

Congrats.  Using the Sackville is a nice touch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users