309 replies to this topic

#301 dyslexic dog

dyslexic dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,001 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:03 PM

Col in 6 (I hate this with all my heart)

Ana in 5

Chi in 6

LA in 7

Clb in 7

Det in 7

Phi in 7

Mon in 6

#302 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,776 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:12 PM

Funny, both former West teams made the Eastern playoffs. I want to see them both do well, this is going to be interesting, two Western teams crashing the Eastern party, that filthy play that is needed out West crashing the net. Or maybe the precise passing of the East just picks then apart?

#303 chester

chester

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:40 PM

NHL History:http://http://www.sp...ealignment.aspx

It's interesting because "the original six" of course weren't original at all.  The "original six" held sway for about 26 years 1941-1967, the same time that the original league was in existence and that at one time had 10 teams. pittsburgh, philly and St.louis all  had teams in those original years and Detoit had two teams before they settled in as the red wings.  similarily there were two or three Toronto teams before they settled as the leafs and the Ottawa senators won three cups. Only the Canadiens have an unbroken, singular history in the 97 year old NHL.  

#304 aA

aA

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,358 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:14 PM

col in 5

st louis in 5

ana in 6

sj in 6

bos in 6

mon in 7

pit in 5

nyr in 7

#305 Figment

Figment

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:53 PM

Some of these come more from the heart than the head, but that's hockey...

Bruins in 6

Flyers in 7

Bolts in 7

CBJ in 6

Avs in 7

Blues in 6

Sharks in 7

Stars in 6

#306 Tax Man

Tax Man

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:23 PM

Detroit 6

Rangers 7

Pittsburgh 5

Lightning 6

Colorado 5

Blues 6

Ducks 6

Kings 6

#307 Meat Helmet

Meat Helmet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:41 PM

Avs in 4 - Pains me to go against the home squad but the Avs are playing great hockey right now and Bryz sucks balls

Hawks in 7 - Gonna be a tough series, but the blues are banged up, Miller has sucked in his last 9 games and The Hawks get Toews/Kane back.

Ducks in 6 - Perry and Getzlaf will take over this series.  Lehtenon will be awesome in one game, then sprain his labia.

Sharks in 6 - Best of the West, IMO.  I'd like to see the Sharks make it to the finals this year.  Niemi needs to find some consistency.  Quick will be his usual awesome and may steal the series.....again.

Bruins in 6 - Wings have played them tough this year, but Boston has another gear in the playoffs while the banged up Detroit Griffins don't.

Habs in 5 - I'm picking this number because Bishop is hurt.  If he is healthy and plays it could go the distance.

Pens in 4 - Good on the Blue Jackets for making it, but they just dont have the depth to deal with the Pens.  Malkin comes back game 1 too.

Flyers in 7 - Tough call since they have not won at MSG since 2011.  Should be a good series.  Giroux takes over several games, Mason stands tall.

#308 Figment

Figment

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted Today, 05:08 PM

Malkin is back?    hmmmm that might just be what the pens need.

Without him, I figured that series was mostly about how much BS Bettman would tell the refs to let Cindy get away with.   When they called up Vokoun, I thought they must be desperately scrambling to try to put something together because letang is back but he's not back like they want him to be.   If they're in that mode, the BJs will run right over them.

But with Malkin, it's a different picture.

So many teams are in the same kind of situation this year WRT injuries.  One or two guys coming back early will totally turn the series around.    I think that's why we don't see any sweep predictions and very few 5-gamers above.

#309 Meat Helmet

Meat Helmet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted Today, 08:22 PM

I think that's why we don't see any sweep predictions and very few 5-gamers above.

Ohh, I have two sweeps in my first round picks!

Malkin is "questionable" for game one.  He will for sure play in that series.

#310 b6sfull

b6sfull

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted Today, 10:04 PM

Montreal in 7

Pittsburg in 6   Malkin will play tonite I hear

Anaheim in 6

Philly in 6      The King will get decrowned......

Chicago in 7

Colorado in 5

San Jose in 7

Bruins in 4

Bring it on........Playoff time is here........who is growing beards from this group?   B)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 1 anonymous users