395 replies to this topic

#301 dyslexic dog

dyslexic dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:03 PM

Col in 6 (I hate this with all my heart)

Ana in 5

Chi in 6

LA in 7

Clb in 7

Det in 7

Phi in 7

Mon in 6

#302 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,833 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:12 PM

Funny, both former West teams made the Eastern playoffs. I want to see them both do well, this is going to be interesting, two Western teams crashing the Eastern party, that filthy play that is needed out West crashing the net. Or maybe the precise passing of the East just picks then apart?

#303 chester

chester

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:40 PM

NHL History:http://http://www.sp...ealignment.aspx

It's interesting because "the original six" of course weren't original at all.  The "original six" held sway for about 26 years 1941-1967, the same time that the original league was in existence and that at one time had 10 teams. pittsburgh, philly and St.louis all  had teams in those original years and Detoit had two teams before they settled in as the red wings.  similarily there were two or three Toronto teams before they settled as the leafs and the Ottawa senators won three cups. Only the Canadiens have an unbroken, singular history in the 97 year old NHL.  

#304 aA

aA

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:14 PM

col in 5

st louis in 5

ana in 6

sj in 6

bos in 6

mon in 7

pit in 5

nyr in 7

#305 Figment

Figment

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:53 PM

Some of these come more from the heart than the head, but that's hockey...

Bruins in 6

Flyers in 7

Bolts in 7

CBJ in 6

Avs in 7

Blues in 6

Sharks in 7

Stars in 6

#306 Tax Man

Tax Man

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:23 PM

Detroit 6

Rangers 7

Pittsburgh 5

Lightning 6

Colorado 5

Blues 6

Ducks 6

Kings 6

#307 Meat Helmet

Meat Helmet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:41 PM

Avs in 4 - Pains me to go against the home squad but the Avs are playing great hockey right now and Bryz sucks balls

Hawks in 7 - Gonna be a tough series, but the blues are banged up, Miller has sucked in his last 9 games and The Hawks get Toews/Kane back.

Ducks in 6 - Perry and Getzlaf will take over this series.  Lehtenon will be awesome in one game, then sprain his labia.

Sharks in 6 - Best of the West, IMO.  I'd like to see the Sharks make it to the finals this year.  Niemi needs to find some consistency.  Quick will be his usual awesome and may steal the series.....again.

Bruins in 6 - Wings have played them tough this year, but Boston has another gear in the playoffs while the banged up Detroit Griffins don't.

Habs in 5 - I'm picking this number because Bishop is hurt.  If he is healthy and plays it could go the distance.

Pens in 4 - Good on the Blue Jackets for making it, but they just dont have the depth to deal with the Pens.  Malkin comes back game 1 too.

Flyers in 7 - Tough call since they have not won at MSG since 2011.  Should be a good series.  Giroux takes over several games, Mason stands tall.

#308 Figment

Figment

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:08 PM

Malkin is back?    hmmmm that might just be what the pens need.

Without him, I figured that series was mostly about how much BS Bettman would tell the refs to let Cindy get away with.   When they called up Vokoun, I thought they must be desperately scrambling to try to put something together because letang is back but he's not back like they want him to be.   If they're in that mode, the BJs will run right over them.

But with Malkin, it's a different picture.

So many teams are in the same kind of situation this year WRT injuries.  One or two guys coming back early will totally turn the series around.    I think that's why we don't see any sweep predictions and very few 5-gamers above.

#309 Meat Helmet

Meat Helmet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:22 PM

I think that's why we don't see any sweep predictions and very few 5-gamers above.

Ohh, I have two sweeps in my first round picks!

Malkin is "questionable" for game one.  He will for sure play in that series.

#310 b6sfull

b6sfull

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:04 PM

Montreal in 7

Pittsburg in 6   Malkin will play tonite I hear

Anaheim in 6

Philly in 6      The King will get decrowned......

Chicago in 7

Colorado in 5

San Jose in 7

Bruins in 4

Bring it on........Playoff time is here........who is growing beards from this group?   B)

#311 aA

aA

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:36 PM

Bring it on........Playoff time is here........who is growing beards from this group?   B)

have center ice, row 9 behind the benches for tomorrow night's opener against the queens... if they win the opener, the razor gets lonely until they hoist the mug or they are eliminated

#312 Keith

Keith

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:12 PM

go Habs go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

#313 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:18 PM

It's on...

BOS in 6

MTL in 6

PIT in 6

NYR in 7

COL in 7

CHI in 7

ANA in 6

LA in 7

#314 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,833 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:10 AM

My doubts ... Minnesota has incredible goaltending, and having lost their regular season series to the Pens, the Jackets can completely ditch their normal game while Pittsburgh has to retain theirs. If Columbus goes to their net crashing then they might upset.

#315 Meat Helmet

Meat Helmet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:05 AM

My doubts ... Minnesota has incredible goaltending, and having lost their regular season series to the Pens, the Jackets can completely ditch their normal game while Pittsburgh has to retain theirs. If Columbus goes to their net crashing then they might upset.

orly.jpg

#316 Mr. Squirrel

Mr. Squirrel

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:49 AM

Habs v Bolts is the first OT game of 2014 playoffs.  That series will be a nailbiter.

CBus v Cindy is tied half way through the 3rd, but CBJ needs to stay out of the box.  Still anybodies game.

MS

#317 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,833 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:13 AM

orly.jpg

The Avs-Wild rivalry makes the Avs-Wings rivalry look like something out of Mayberry RFD. They really hate us.

But it doesn't matter, Harding's story is the most interesting one this season, maybe one of the most interesting stories in sports. Some people with early multiple sclerosis resign themselves to rot away, Harding went out and murdered the NHL with 1.6 GAA. I'm pulling for Harding on a personal level whether he takes the ice in the post or not. I think he can do it, he's supposedly backing up in full pads. If he's in goal, magic will happen and I'll pull for him no matter who he plays.

Regardless, Bryz for now ...

#318 Mr. Squirrel

Mr. Squirrel

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:26 AM

The Avs-Wild rivalry makes the Avs-Wings rivalry look like something out of Mayberry RFD. They really hate us.

You have said some stupid shit in your day, but that might be the dumbest thing ever typed on the internet.

MS

#319 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,833 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:51 AM

You have said some stupid shit in your day, but that might be the dumbest thing ever typed on the internet.

MS

Just my observation, maybe you're right. Are you a Wild fan and don't feel a rivalry with the Avs?

If you're a Wild fan, based on what you wrote up there about this particular Avs fan, you may have supported it. Think about it ... I wrote that I'm pulling for the team that's playing against my beloved Avs because of Harding, and you still wrote that. If that isn't hate, what is?

#320 Mr. Squirrel

Mr. Squirrel

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:04 AM

MS

Just my observation, maybe you're right. Are you a Wild fan and don't feel a rivalry with the Avs?

Born and raised in Detroit and been a Red Wings fan since they were the Dead Wings.  I actually remember a time before Yzerman, Lidstrom, and the rest.  The seven years from 1996-2002 the Wings-Avs rivalry was unrivaled.  Not only did the teams hate each other, but they played each other 5 times in the playoffs and between them won 5 Stanley Cups. 

Maybe if the Avs-Wild ever play for something of meaning the rivalry will begin to have meaning.  Until then it pales in comparison.

MS

#321 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,833 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:26 AM

Born and raised in Detroit and been a Red Wings fan since they were the Dead Wings.  I actually remember a time before Yzerman, Lidstrom, and the rest.  The seven years from 1996-2002 the Wings-Avs rivalry was unrivaled.  Not only did the teams hate each other, but they played each other 5 times in the playoffs and between them won 5 Stanley Cups. 

Maybe if the Avs-Wild ever play for something of meaning the rivalry will begin to have meaning.  Until then it pales in comparison.

MS

Oh. I see what you mean now. Yeah, I agree with that, I didn't mean compared to back in the day, just compared to now. The legendary feud of my childhood was the Denver Spurs vs. Vancouver Canucks, back in the old WHL days, Johnny Canuck was a terrifying cartoon for us kids.

The Detroit rivalry is sort of history now even with Roy trying to whip it up again, but yeah. Until you guys moved to the East, Minnesota and Colorado shared the Northwest as the only non-Canadian teams. We kept bopping their playoff runs even with our crap seasons as retaliation for Roy's last season. The funny feud was when Blue Jackets got upset with us over the traitorous ways of Adam Foote. Having a feud with the Blue Jackets is like having a disagreement with an elevator operator ... you're kind of forced into the same place for a bit, but after you get off, you're probably not going to remember anything about it.

#322 Meat Helmet

Meat Helmet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:28 AM

MS

MS

Correct me if I'm wrong, Sandy, but don't the playoffs for the Stanley Cup count as "playing for something of meaning?"  ;)

While I agree that the comparison pales because that was a serious rivalry and some great hockey, the Avs/Wild do have some history.  In the 2003 playoffs, the Wild were down 3-1 to the Avs in the first round and came back to beat them.  It was Roy's last season in the nets.  Wild ended up getting swept by the Giggy and the Ducks in the WCF.

#323 Mr. Squirrel

Mr. Squirrel

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:04 AM

MS

MS

Correct me if I'm wrong, Sandy, but don't the playoffs for the Stanley Cup count as "playing for something of meaning?"  ;)

While I agree that the comparison pales because that was a serious rivalry and some great hockey, the Avs/Wild do have some history.  In the 2003 playoffs, the Wild were down 3-1 to the Avs in the first round and came back to beat them.  It was Roy's last season in the nets.  Wild ended up getting swept by the Giggy and the Ducks in the WCF.

In my opinion, playing in the first round is not meaningful.  Most teams make the first round.  Of the 5 playoff series in question, 3 of those series between the Wings and Avs was in the Western Conference Final to decide who played for the Stanley Cup.  That is meaningful.

Let me put it this way, there are not a lot of non Wild/Avs fans that would know anything about that rivalry.  Every hockey fan knew about Wings/Avs.

MS

#324 Meat Helmet

Meat Helmet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:45 PM

Again, you get no argument from me on the significance of the the Avs/Wings rivalry.  We're in total agreement!

Just to clear this up:  By your standard, "most" of the time the Red Wings make the playoffs it's not really meaningful because they only went to the WCF/SCF 9 out of the last 23 trips to the playoffs?

Huh, I guess I have a whole new perspective.

I'm, of course, just giving you shit and not at all serious.  For the teams that don't make the playoffs all the time its a huge deal.  Watch game three in the CBJ/PIT series.  That home crowd should be nutz.  It's all about perspective.  Your squad makes it all the time and expects to do well, other teams are not so consistent.

#325 austin1972

austin1972

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,633 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:24 PM

Hawks win Stanley Cup in 2. After seeing how awesome they are, the other teams will forfeit.

superfans.png

#326 Keith

Keith

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:25 AM

Round one is the beginning of real hockey, everything before that is, preseason. 

#327 Mr. Squirrel

Mr. Squirrel

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:48 AM

Well MN really shit the bed on that one.

MS

#328 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,833 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:00 AM

MS

Most dangerous lead in hockey. Avs forever.

#329 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:12 AM

Chicago St. Louis is going to be a war. Neither team was playing all that well coming into the playoffs, but the bad blood and intensity was already there last night.  Now we'll see if Babcock can steal one from an on paper much better Boston team. 

#330 Tucky

Tucky

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:30 PM

One of the things that fascinates me about the Stanley Cup is how hard the first round is. Maybe that is because I'm a Bruins fan, but I wonder if anyone has ever looked at it statistically. So many times I've watched a great team that just barely scraped by the first round end up dominating some other great team in the finals, and you think "how did xxxxxx ever take them to overtime in the seventh game of the first round?"

I'm not a big sports watcher, so maybe this is true in other sports as well, but it sure seems true in hockey.

#331 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:45 PM

One of the things that fascinates me about the Stanley Cup is how hard the first round is. Maybe that is because I'm a Bruins fan, but I wonder if anyone has ever looked at it statistically. So many times I've watched a great team that just barely scraped by the first round end up dominating some other great team in the finals, and you think "how did xxxxxx ever take them to overtime in the seventh game of the first round?"

I'm not a big sports watcher, so maybe this is true in other sports as well, but it sure seems true in hockey.

It didn't used to be, but IMO the level of parity in the NHL has risen a lot in the last ten years.  Outside of the top 3 or 4 and bottom couple teams, there is not a lot of difference skill wise.  More a case of which team manages to enforce it's will and style of game on the other, gets great goaltending and a few timely breaks and bounces.

#332 Meat Helmet

Meat Helmet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:56 PM

MS

Most dangerous lead in hockey. Avs forever.

Classic Wild hockey.

If they could have picked up a goal on the PP either right at the end of the 2nd or beginning of the 3rd, that might have done it. Terrible attempts to clear their zone at the end of the 3rd was painful to watch and Bryz should have had the OT winner, IMO.

#333 chester

chester

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:14 PM

great game ones across the bracket.   It would great if St.Louis won it.

#334 aA

aA

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:11 PM

well that was a fun night!

260u96r.jpg

looks like the razor collects dust for at least a couple of weeks...

#335 Shaggy

Shaggy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,339 posts
  • Interests:This is SA, you figure it out.......

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:24 PM

MS

It is up there, but remember he defended Weedo since the beginning....  

#336 Keith

Keith

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:25 PM

It didn't used to be, but IMO the level of parity in the NHL has risen a lot in the last ten years.  Outside of the top 3 or 4 and bottom couple teams, there is not a lot of difference skill wise.  More a case of which team manages to enforce it's will and style of game on the other, gets great goaltending and a few timely breaks and bounces.

Yes, all it takes is a hot goalie, (like T. Thomas was, with the Bruins, and Quick had been with L.A.)

and a few injuries, on other teams, to top players, and its over...

Also in the playoffs, if you cannot raise your game to the next level, above the regular season, you wont last long....

#337 Sheethead

Sheethead

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Interests:Sierra Nevada, Harpoon, Bushmills, Mt. Gay, Svedka

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:07 PM

As a native of St Louis, I hope they make it all the way...

As a local in CT, the Bruins are going to kick their ass!

GO Bruins!

#338 chester

chester

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:59 PM

some serious talent on defence in the chicago/st.louis series

#339 Mr. Squirrel

Mr. Squirrel

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:09 AM

Marchand is a fucking piece of shit.  That is all.

MS

#340 Silverbullet

Silverbullet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:13 AM

Not surprisingly those guys had nothing left in the tank.  It was almost comical watching them trying to skate in the 3rd OT.

#341 chester

chester

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:35 AM

Not surprisingly those guys had nothing left in the tank.  It was almost comical watching them trying to skate in the 3rd OT.

pietrangelo, hjarmasson, keith were all more than 40 minutes on the ice

#342 chinabald

chinabald

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,408 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:59 AM

Daytsuk is still the shit.

Wings win game 1 1-0

#343 Mr. Squirrel

Mr. Squirrel

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:59 AM

Take that all you clowns that said BOS would sweep the Wings.  Once again Pav shows he is one of the best on the planet.

Go Wings!  Bruins suck!

MS

PS.  Marchand is still a fucking piece of shit.

#344 Meat Helmet

Meat Helmet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:18 AM

Take that all you clowns that said BOS would sweep the Wings.  Once again Pav shows he is one of the best on the planet.

Go Wings!  Bruins suck!

MS

Slow your roll there Turbo. Remember, the first round isn't meaningful.

#345 Mr. Squirrel

Mr. Squirrel

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:34 AM

Go Wings!  Bruins suck!

MS

Slow your roll there Turbo. Remember, the first round isn't meaningful.

Haha.  I didnt say it was the greatest win of all time.  I said BOS wasnt going to sweep.  And Marchand is a piece of shit.

MS

#346 Keith

Keith

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:51 AM

MS

Absofuckinglutely...... 

#347 Keith

Keith

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:52 AM

Great one goal game, bruins wings...going at least 6 or 7

#348 austin1972

austin1972

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,633 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:16 AM

pietrangelo, hjarmasson, keith were all more than 40 minutes on the ice

That game was sick. Some great hockey was played. It just came down to who got lucky first with both sides having empty tanks.

They both had 4 lines they could put in. Total game of attrition.

#349 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:56 AM

MS

Absofuckinglutely...... 

That hockey birth control move Lucic pulled on DeKyser was worse than anything Marchand did, and no call.  To their credit, none of the Wings responded to any of the silly stuff.  Perhaps Boston should think more about playing hockey and using their size advantage in ways that benefit them and less about imitating the Hanson Brothers.  Boston is a great team with an outstanding goalie.  Undisciplined crap like that is bush league, apparently some people disagree

http://www.boston.co...off_hockey.html

#350 dyslexic dog

dyslexic dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:10 PM

MS

Absofuckinglutely...... 

That hockey birth control move Lucic pulled on DeKyser was worse than anything Marchand did, and no call.  To their credit, none of the Wings responded to any of the silly stuff.  Perhaps Boston should think more about playing hockey and using their size advantage in ways that benefit them and less about imitating the Hanson Brothers.  Boston is a great team with an outstanding goalie.  Undisciplined crap like that is bush league, apparently some people disagree

Saw that article too. While there is truth to trying to get in the heads of your opponent, I dont think they will get the desired effect. What a bone head article. "Ok, kill maim piss and shit on someone if it means winning."

#351 chinabald

chinabald

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,408 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:35 PM

MS

Absofuckinglutely...... 

Saw that article too. While there is truth to trying to get in the heads of your opponent, I dont think they will get the desired effect. What a bone head article. "Ok, kill maim piss and shit on someone if it means winning."

It will be interesting to see if DeKeyser's head is on a swivel with Lucic sitting out. I doubt it, but he should be suspended. I doubt it because Patrick Sharpe wasn't suspended after he speared Nik Lidstrom and ruptured one of his testicles in a conference final game. The NHL needs to have one set of rules for the whole year and the playoffs.

#352 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:33 PM

MS

Absofuckinglutely...... 

It will be interesting to see if DeKeyser's head is on a swivel with Lucic sitting out. I doubt it, but he should be suspended. I doubt it because Patrick Sharpe wasn't suspended after he speared Nik Lidstrom and ruptured one of his testicles in a conference final game. The NHL needs to have one set of rules for the whole year and the playoffs.

I don't think the Sharp incident was intentional, they're was no question on the Lucic denutting. Sharp has never been a dirty player, and called Lidstrom after wards to apologize. Lucic, on the other hand was a clear cheap shot from behind.

#353 hard aground

hard aground

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,139 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:25 PM

Who is in charge of good parenting now that Shanahan is the Big Leaf?

#354 Keith

Keith

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:27 PM

Lucic 5 grand fine for the spear... didn't hear if there is a suspension.

Huge cheap shot on Blues Backes today...

Refs really need to call it tighter, too many slashes, head butts, spears, injury potential is huge, i hate too see games decided by deliberate injuring of top players out..

#355 Meat Helmet

Meat Helmet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:47 AM

That whole CHI/STL game was a giant cheap shot.  Chicago especially showed a lack of composure.  Head butts, knee on knee hits and that stupid head shot to Backes by Seabrook.  Totally unnecessary and pretty much cost his team that game.

Hilarious that Lucic gets a $5k fine for chopping DeKeyser's junk but Quinnville get a $25k fine grabbing his own.  :rolleyes:

#356 Mr. Squirrel

Mr. Squirrel

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:29 PM

Marchand is a fucking piece of shit.

MS

#357 Mr. Squirrel

Mr. Squirrel

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:38 PM

Seabrook gets 3 games

http://espn.go.com/c...spended-3-games

http://video.nhl.com...=606797&lang=en

Curious to see how many games Backes misses.

MS

#358 b6sfull

b6sfull

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:09 PM

Go Wings!  Bruins suck!

MS

Still gloating? Lmfao

#359 chinabald

chinabald

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,408 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:18 PM

Go Wings!  Bruins suck!

MS

Still gloating? Lmfao
yep wings accomplished their goal of a split in the
Road. The bruins failed at their goal of winning 2 at home.

#360 b6sfull

b6sfull

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:09 AM

Tough "no goal" for Tampa. What say you?

Good call or shite?

#361 Keith

Keith

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:00 AM

I say good goal, PK held the player in the net and price was flailing around, player was driven into the net.. no one was in prices way on the shot...

Tampa misses bishop big time.. 

#362 Plumber

Plumber

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:42 PM

I say goal, and I'm an Habs fan. Although after watching all of the games yesterday, my only conclusion is that refereeing in the NHL is a joke. All of the shananigans after the whistle in the Bruins/Wings game and the Flyers/Rangers game are just ridiculous. Cross checking, taunting, punches....sad. I love the game, but all this crap devalues the game.

#363 Plumber

Plumber

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:44 PM

Go Wings!  Bruins suck!

MS

Still gloating? Lmfao

Marchand, Lucic, and Chara are all pieces of shit...

#364 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:48 PM

Go Wings!  Bruins suck!

MS

Still gloating? Lmfao

No argument on Marchand and Lucic, but Chara?.  Seems to be a solid guy, if a ginormous one.

#365 hard aground

hard aground

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,139 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:53 PM

He's a Habs fan and is pissed about this still:

#366 b6sfull

b6sfull

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:58 PM

That was a flagrant decapitation move for sure.
Made Patch the player he is today. :)

That call was shite IMHO btw. Tampa was screwed out of a good goal for reasons mentioned. Stammers off side call was brutal. Refs are fucking up the playoffs again........

#367 Keith

Keith

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:30 AM

Cooke deliberate knee on knee hurts Tyson barrie, cooke gets 2 mins, barrie could be out for the playoffs. that's fucked up....

#368 aA

aA

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:04 AM

unfortunately for tb, good call per rule 69.3

rule needs to be amended to not allow the goalie to initiate the action in the paint leading to the interference

in other news, what's everyone's take on duncan keith's "wakey wakey backes" trash talk?

#369 Meat Helmet

Meat Helmet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:57 AM

Cooke deliberate knee on knee hurts Tyson barrie, cooke gets 2 mins, barrie could be out for the playoffs. that's fucked up....

He'll get sat down for a few games for that hit, no doubt.

Great game. Keumper played well!

#370 b6sfull

b6sfull

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:43 AM

Add Cooke to that "piece of shit" list

#371 b6sfull

b6sfull

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:55 AM

unfortunately for tb, good call per rule 69.3

rule needs to be amended to not allow the goalie to initiate the action in the paint leading to the interference

in other news, what's everyone's take on duncan keith's "wakey wakey backes" trash talk?

It's just that............trash talk

#372 Plumber

Plumber

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:35 PM

Go Wings!  Bruins suck!

MS

Still gloating? Lmfao

No argument on Marchand and Lucic, but Chara?.  Seems to be a solid guy, if a ginormous one.

You're right. Chara is not as dirty as the other two. He's tough...sometimes nasty, but not a total dick like the other 2.

#373 Plumber

Plumber

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:36 PM

He's a Habs fan and is pissed about this still:

Correct.

#374 Meat Helmet

Meat Helmet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:10 PM

"Offered" an in person hearing.  That's 5+ game for him.  IMO, they should bounce him for the remainder of the playoffs and a few games next season.  Repeat offender and all.  The Wild need to reinforce the chat the Pens organization had with him about his remaining time in the league.

He was taken off the list?

I was really torn when he joined the Wild because all his crap we endured when he played for the Canucks.

The agitator has a place in the league but not when they are out deliberately hurting people.

#375 barleymalt

barleymalt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:50 PM

"Offered" an in person hearing.  That's 5+ game for him.  IMO, they should bounce him for the remainder of the playoffs and a few games next season.  Repeat offender and all.  The Wild need to reinforce the chat the Pens organization had with him about his remaining time in the league.

I was really torn when he joined the Wild because all his crap we endured when he played for the Canucks.

The agitator has a place in the league but not when they are out deliberately hurting people.

I've always thought a repeat offender (third or worse) should be out as long as his victim. Cooke, Rafi Torres for starters.

#376 Shaggy

Shaggy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,339 posts
  • Interests:This is SA, you figure it out.......

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:08 PM

ockquote>  

The agitator has a place in the league but not when they are out deliberately hurting people.ockquote>
I've always thought a repeat offender (third or worse) should be out as long as his victim. Cooke, Rafi Torres for starters.lockquote>

That tool should have been booted after his 10th suspension let alone his 18th....  Varley stood on his head last night but they shut the boys down.  At one point I swore they were just trying to knock the puck in by pushing varley backwords as they did in gm 2..... I was impressed that they stood strong against the onslaught of physicality that got pushed on em from minute 1..  Patric has em in the right place and I think they are going to demolish the Wild Thursday in the late game.  Opening the fricking door so the sun shines in Varley's face just showed how low they will go. 

Av's in 5

#377 Keith

Keith

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:50 AM

Wow, I'm happy the Habs won (only Canadian team in) but that game was decided by a ref with a soft call with 2 mins and change to go in the 3rd.... too bad...

Also if the Lightning had started their back up goalie, we might have seen a different out come...  great game 4.

#378 Mr. Squirrel

Mr. Squirrel

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:54 AM

Wow, I'm happy the Habs won (only Canadian team in) but that game was decided by a ref with a soft call with 2 mins and change to go in the 3rd.... too bad...

Also if the Lightning had started their back up goalie, we might have seen a different out come...  great game 4.

I was shocked he made that weak ass call.  A shame the ref fucked up what should have been an epic overtime.

MS

PS.  Marchand is a fucking piece of shit.

#379 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,833 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:07 AM

That tool should have been booted after his 10th suspension let alone his 18th....  Varley stood on his head last night but they shut the boys down.  At one point I swore they were just trying to knock the puck in by pushing varley backwords as they did in gm 2..... I was impressed that they stood strong against the onslaught of physicality that got pushed on em from minute 1..  Patric has em in the right place and I think they are going to demolish the Wild Thursday in the late game.  Opening the fricking door so the sun shines in Varley's face just showed how low they will go. 

Av's in 5

Filthy wickedly awesome goal by Granlund, terrific keeping by Varly and Cooke is a piece of shit. With any luck the next ice he'll see will be the one in his drink at the. golf course.

#380 Tucky

Tucky

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:15 PM

I think this is where someone should say "he may be a piece of shit, but he is my piece of shit" in the way the Eagles spoke about their lawyer/manager.

It might as well be me:-)  I've never liked chippy slightly dirty agitator players, and I'm not a fan of Marchand, but he gets a lot more goals and assists than many others of this ilk. and its not like other teams don't have their own. Montreal has had some legendary ones:-)

Lots of smiley faces in a hockey comment- I guess that says something about how I used to play.

#381 Figment

Figment

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:50 PM

Agreed.   I have to respect the agitator who is willing to back up the talk, and even moreso when they can actually play the game.   Marchand and Lucic, contemptible though they may be at times, both meet those criteria.

#382 Tax Man

Tax Man

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:26 PM

Agitation does not include whacking a guy in the balls or crawling off the ice after a near miss.  Those are complete bullshit moves that should be limited to Italian soccer.

#383 b6sfull

b6sfull

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:33 PM

Go Wings!  Bruins suck!

MS

Us clowns are looking pretty smart at the moment

Do your homework..... What is the average goals against for Rask in his last 16 playoff games?
Check it out.

Then ask yourself ........ Who is the real clown here? So far it's not me. :)

Marchand is still a fucking piece of shite

#384 chester

chester

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:34 PM

I hope the Habs realize that the sweep was helped along by quite a few calls that went their way.  not going to be good enough in round two. 

#385 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,833 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:46 PM

I think this is where someone should say "he may be a piece of shit, but he is my piece of shit" in the way the Eagles spoke about their lawyer/manager.

It might as well be me:-)  I've never liked chippy slightly dirty agitator players, and I'm not a fan of Marchand, but he gets a lot more goals and assists than many others of this ilk. and its not like other teams don't have their own. Montreal has had some legendary ones:-)

Lots of smiley faces in a hockey comment- I guess that says something about how I used to play.

It's a pleasure to see the word "ilk" used correctly and unironically on SA.

#386 Meat Helmet

Meat Helmet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:19 PM

Do your homework..... What is the average goals against for Rask in his last 16 playoff games?

Why only look at his last 16 playoff games?

His career playoff numbers are:

38 games played

23 wins

.933 save %

2.04 GAA

4 shutouts

I'll take "doesn't suck at all" for $1000, Alex.

#387 Keith

Keith

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted Today, 01:01 AM

M.Cooke, 7 game suspension.....

And Tuka is a solid goalie..

#388 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,833 posts

Posted Today, 01:57 AM

Dallas, Columbus ... can we get an upset out of at least one of these?

yes ... Jackets. Dallas too?

In DC for work, I must say, Yeungling is delicious for a cheapish brew, not too easy to find out West. Reminds me of old times. Any SAers like this particular swill? Tasty.

Why did Edmonton trade Cogs to Anaheim? How could they possibly think he could be replaced? With Gagner they had some excellent presence that's now ripped to crap. Did they wake up and say "hmm ... let's try to destroy our franchise again today, then we'll order lunch." I guess I'm backseat coaching, Edmonton still has their future.

Dallas looks terrific, 3-2. Hold it, Stars. Another one! Dallas! Guess that Andersen experiment didn't work out, huh Boudreau? He needs another season or two, he'll be good. But between him and Hiller, I like Dallas's chances.

#389 b6sfull

b6sfull

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted Today, 11:52 AM

Cause it cuts his GAA to 1

Not a Bruins fan here, but this guys talent is amazing

#390 Sheethead

Sheethead

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Interests:Sierra Nevada, Harpoon, Bushmills, Mt. Gay, Svedka

Posted Today, 12:55 PM

TUKA! TUKA! TUKA!

Series is 2-1, here we go!

GO BRUINS!!!

#391 mikewof

mikewof

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,833 posts

Posted Today, 02:00 PM

Not a Bruins fan here, but this guys talent is amazing terrifying
Fixed.

#392 Meat Helmet

Meat Helmet

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted Today, 02:22 PM

Agreed.

His stats so far in the post-season:

3 GP

2 W

.976 Sv %

0.67 GAA

1 SO

Granted he has a good team in front of him, but yeah....he's good!

#393 chester

chester

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted Today, 02:32 PM

Agreed.

His stats so far in the post-season:

3 GP

2 W

.976 Sv %

0.67 GAA

1 SO

Granted he has a good team in front of him, but yeah....he's good!

and let's not let this opportunity to laugh at the leafs pass us by:  rask is the best but just one, of a long line of ex-leafs (stempniak, brown, etc,etc) playing for the cup

#394 Tucky

Tucky

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted Today, 02:41 PM

The thing about Rask that surprises me is that he does not seem to have the off-kilter personality displayed by most great goalies . . . . . . or it is deeply buried.

And look at Chad Johnson's record too.

#395 Figment

Figment

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted Today, 03:03 PM

I keep coming back to the "team defense" thing.    Yes Rask is good, but would he be that good if he played for, oh I dunno.... the rangers?   Capitals?  Was Thomas ever really that good or did the B's just make him look that good?

Framed another way:  Imagine you're a solid goalie, been in the league a few years, really coming into your own.   If you could pick which team to have in front of you, which one would it be?

Seven games seems really light for Cooke.  Are there rules between the league and the NHLPA that limit the suspensions or something?

#396 Tucky

Tucky

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted Today, 03:50 PM

I agree, and think Johnson's record makes the point- the Bruins live or die on team defense, and every line and defense combo does it- look at how they swap in players on penalty kills. They are very good and allowing mostly shots that are easy saves, and avoiding broken play improvisation for great scorers. They are keeping Detroit's good scorers at bay, and scoring themselves with their bottom lines.

So far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users