92 replies to this topic

#1 L Z

L Z

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

Another phenomenal AC sailing and media article on the Front Page - in case you happened to stop by to see it.

I'm at a loss for words to describe how disgusted and sick I am with all the latest articles being posted. If it is not absolutely perfect to SA's liking, it is trash. And let's vocalize it to the world - and the sailors!

If you don't like it, than go do something about it! Trashing and Bashing isn't going to get you and the sport anywhere. Go setup your own "Sailing TV Network" and broadcast if you think everything is so easy and cheap.  Go do your marketing, promotion and see if you can do it any better. Till then...step off the kingdom and let them do what they can do, which is by far better than anything we've ever seen in this sport to date.

Guess Dean Barker's line the other day could be applied here "I think if you didn't enjoy today's racing you should watch another sport,".  Maybe SA should start focusing on those they like and leave the others alone.

Pretty much equals to less and less interest and visits from me around here.  Used to come for the great stories and discussion and lately only finding a trashing to the sport and all those that spend countless hours putting it together and making it happen.

Rant over... AC is coming on soon. Time to go watch it.

#2 167149

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

have to agree with you

#3 Tax Man

Tax Man

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

Racing today - awesome.  Glad I checked this thread, I thought it went Tuesday Thursday.

#4 gr8_Lakes_vibe

gr8_Lakes_vibe

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:15 PM

Totally agree- to me, the tone feels fabricated.

This is sailing establishment, it's most mainstream, so SA has rail against it as loudly as possible. Is it all for show?

Look at the AC forum, there is a lot of talking going on, and all those people are well aware of the event's shortcomings.

#5 1sailor

1sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts
  • Interests:'SuperFly' Audi / Melges 20

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

LZ--- HOW do you watch it ?  It's not on NBC around these parts today, at least not that I can find.  cant find it streaming online either.  Sorry for the thread hijack

#6 billy backstay

billy backstay

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,839 posts
  • Interests:boats, cars, girls....

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:41 PM

LZ--- HOW do you watch it ?  It's not on NBC around these parts today, at least not that I can find.  cant find it streaming online either.  Sorry for the thread hijack

It's on NBC Sports here now.

#7 flatearth

flatearth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:50 PM

NBCSN did not have it on the guide today, but it switched on. I had been hoping to try out the Chromcast though.

#8 dasher12

dasher12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:racing

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

Agreed. Also, the most recent articles don't align with what Alan Block said during his radio interview on the 17th, which was rather positive... I don't get it. Seems like they are just trying too hard to make a controversy when really the last few races have shown us some pretty impressive sailing. I agree there are many issues with how the Cup has been handled but call a spade a spade when it comes to the last couple days of racing....

#9 NewDogBalls

NewDogBalls

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:07 PM

He stirs the pot to attract people to the site to satisfy the advertisers by driving traffic.

#10 L Z

L Z

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:19 PM

Find your NBC Sport Network - not the regular NBC channel.

ETNZ won the first race which was awesome and right down to the last mark!

They are currently in postponement for the second race..

#11 quezal1

quezal1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:42 PM

Whoever wrote the from page article has no respect I'm guessing its clean looking for attention .!?

Yes I know it's a pity there are wind limits but rules are rules and are there as a great sailor was killed sailing these boats .but according to the author he is not to worried

#12 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,123 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:50 PM

The consistent negativity about just about everything on the front page is getting tiresome and indicative of someone with some personal issues.

#13 kmcfast

kmcfast

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:54 PM

Bob, sees the truth again wit his xray US Navy "BCG's" birth control glasses....

The consistent negativity about just about everything on the front page is getting tiresome and indicative of someone with some personal issues.

#14 redviking

redviking

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:02 PM

Isn't that what this place is all about? Slam everything and everyone? All the cool kids are doing it....

#15 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,123 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:06 PM

I'm in a bad mood. My pal Jerry's son, 16 years old, fell over dead during PE two days ago. I know the pain he feels. Jerry works for IMTRA in Seattle.

#16 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,536 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

Agreed. Also, the most recent articles don't align with what Alan Block said during his radio interview on the 17th, which was rather positive... I don't get it. Seems like they are just trying too hard to make a controversy when really the last few races have shown us some pretty impressive sailing. I agree there are many issues with how the Cup has been handled but call a spade a spade when it comes to the last couple days of racing....

Scot and I don't align about a lot of things.  We put shit up on the front page from Huston and from Te Kooti too.  Pretty cool, eh?

#17 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,536 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:21 PM

Go look at it again.  A pile of really interesting race reports, some great videos, some gorgeous pics, and some articles.  And yeah, a few editorial critiques of the Cup wind limits.  Is that really 'negativity about just about everything?"

#18 Flatbag

Flatbag

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,114 posts
  • Interests:Shattering illusions

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:22 PM

Ed & Clean. Grow up.

Admit you got it wrong. This event is a huge success. Sailors all over this big blue planet are loving this event and the high drama it has produced. Sure the score line isn't close, what AC ever was? But the truth is that the racing is close, colourful, exciting and action packed. There have been more lead changes in this AC than ever before and it is gripping stuff to watch from start to finish.

What's your problem with wind limits? These boats ain't Shaw 650s ffs, they are on the extreme cutting edge of sailing and a good man died when they got it wrong. Neither you nor I have sailed one of these things in the heat of battle at the upper end of their wind ranges so lets leave that decision to those who have. After all, both teams agreed on the limits. Are you going to tell Dean B or Jimmy S and their highly skilled crews that they are wimps?

My neighbour in the next apartment has cottoned on to this event, probably heard me wahooing through the walls, and his whole family is getting up at sparrows fart here to watch the racing after I showed him how to hook it up to his big TV via his iPad using the free AC app - Guess what, none of that family has ever sailed in their lives, never been on any sort of boat but they are absolutely hooked and he has asked me to help get his three kids involved in sailing at our local yacht club this summer. That alone is a win for the AC. Multiply that by whatever factor you like; this event has drawn new interest in sailing and that cannot be wrong.

The sad thing for you guys is that your huge AC forum participation is about to end and you will see a massive dive in readership that you are going to have to explain to your advertisers. Some will stay for other reasons but you guys have truly screwed your own pooch with all the bullshit negativity.

#19 Glenn McCarthy

Glenn McCarthy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:42 PM

I heard that 75% of New Zealanders were either watching or listening to the Cup today.

#20 White Cracker

White Cracker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,579 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:43 PM

Maybe they didn't get their Press passes punched and they're whining as a way to get attention?

Little kids do it too when their older siblings get more toys.

#21 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,123 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:50 PM

Alan:
I do read the front page, every day and yes there is some very good stuff there.
But there is a bitter mood of negativity there also.
Maybe it's the way you and Scot need to paint SA. I don't care for it.
You can be critical without sounding so petty. (I think you can. I'm still working on it.)

It's that "We are always smarter than you" that I don't much care for.

Like I said, I'm in a bad mood.

#22 Snaggletooth

Snaggletooth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,618 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:04 AM

Thast a lambe asse exscuse foure suche vissioussness!

Sendeng you a virttualle Jamiesons.     :)

#23 tls

tls

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:06 AM

Go look at it again.  A pile of really interesting race reports, some great videos, some gorgeous pics, and some articles.  And yeah, a few editorial critiques of the Cup wind limits.  Is that really 'negativity about just about everything?"

Since you asked... Yes, the front page has become one long rant.  It is spittle-covered and mean-spirited.  It is true that the rant it is punctuated by the occasional positive story or picture of attractive woman, but even in those posts there is often an explicit insult against others.  Scot, and to a lessor extent, Clean seem to be motivated primarily by personal vendettas against particular individuals.  Even when I also have a beef with those individuals I think the insults/nicknames/innuendos go way over the line of being helpful. When the FP bashes someone I respect or who I know personally, then I wonder how long the advertisers will continue to want to have their brands associated with SA.  

#24 zerothehero

zerothehero

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,391 posts
  • Interests:sailing. Duh.

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:07 AM

I miss the days when I would get onto SA in the morning and there would be 10-12 articles that were new that day.  TP52 coverage, mini stuff, Volvo, AC whatever.  It wasn't all bashing, in fact very little was. Oh sure they were edgy but in a different sort of way.  Now I open the FP and I am lucky if there are 3 new stories.  Some days there is nothing.  I get the feeling the mods have pissed off a few to many people in the biz and they have had their hall passes taken away.  Yes there are still plenty of advertisers so that means there is still an audience here they wish to connect with.  The tone here has changed and I don't feel it's for the best.  I am not saying SA has to blow sunshine up our asses but I think the current tactic isn't working, or at least it isn't for me.  I started out coming for the FP and just lurking the forums.  Now I come for the forums and check the FP every few days.  This AC was doomed to lack the crowds that the AC in Europe and NZ had because Europeans and NZ'ers are sailing people.    Here it's a fringe sport.  We get it.  San Fran was sold a load of goods.  

#25 GybeSetŪ

GybeSetŪ

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,221 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:16 AM

Bob, sees the truth again wit his xray US Navy "BCG's" birth control glasses....

i think thats the moral of the story of this thread !

where can I get a pair o dat stylin' ? 

apart from the fact that SA are not in 'cisco :) no prizes for guessing why

#26 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,123 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:20 AM

Snags:
Could you please make that a double?

"It is spittle-covered and mean-spirited."

I think it's the spittle part that I don't like.
I grew up with a bunch of sailors and the only way we communicated was by giving each other shit. But it was good natured shit.

I see bad natured shit here these days.

I have to leave now and go to the dojo so I can whack somebody. In a good natured way.

#27 Sailbydate

Sailbydate

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
  • Interests:Sailing. Classic Yachts. Following what's happening in development classes.

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:31 AM

Thast a lambe asse exscuse foure suche vissioussness!

Sendeng you a virttualle Jamiesons.     :)

You should get together with Snaerk and talk this over. No, really, you should.  :)

#28 GybeSetŪ

GybeSetŪ

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,221 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:37 AM

totally disagree sailby

Snags is in a different ballpark to the johnnycomelately ( whose time in the sun was ONLY whilst snags was away) 

theres only one boat in that race 

#29 seajay

seajay

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:17 AM

+ 100 

#30 Mung Breath

Mung Breath

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • Interests:Balance in Life

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:53 AM

SA is just another pitiful example of, 'we eventually kill that which we love'.

#31 Vernon Green

Vernon Green

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Interests:Sailing

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:38 AM

Agreed, kinda sick of the front page recently!

#32 Vincent DePillis

Vincent DePillis

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:13 AM

Agree.  I really wish that Scott (if he is responsible for the tone) would sell his baby to someone who could take it to the next level.  The front page really is starting to reek of neurosis.

#33 munt

munt

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:41 AM

This cup has been magnificent both in person and in the media.  The limits of technology and human performance have been redefined.  If you hate it so much then please take the time to explain how you would have done it better.  The last few races where the boats were foiling to weather, trading the lead back and forth, trying to use every tactic and strategy in the book with closing speeds of 80mph...  If you don't think that's pretty damn spectacular, what on earth would you do differently..?

What, you were thinking a couple of majestic schooners doing battle at 6 knots would attract hordes of mainstream attention?  I've seen 3 or four generations of A-cup boats in person and on t.v. and this is by far the most exciting, mindbending, viewer friendly cup ever.  I don't understand the vitriol.       

#34 Multihauler

Multihauler

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:15 AM

I have felt from the beginning and still believe that the bitterness and vitriol is the result of the AC choosing not to do any advertising with SA.

My $0.02.

-MH

#35 hobot

hobot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,154 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:18 AM

"The Status Quo Sucks"

#36 mad

mad

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,072 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

Never realised so many people wasted their time on FP.

#37 Outlaw

Outlaw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:01 AM

I wasn't a big fan with the courtroom cup lead up and thought the big cats might be the ruin of it, but seriously, what an amazing event. Lost for words, if it went back to monohull I don't think I would enjoy it anywhere near as much. Fair play to the designers and sailers. Balls of steel. 

SA sort it out. It's starting to get a bit tiresome. These articles are beginning to act like banner advertising, we know it's there but just don't pay any attention to it.

#38 billy backstay

billy backstay

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,839 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:13 AM

Agree.  I really wish that Scott (if he is responsible for the tone) would sell his baby to someone who could take it to the next level.  The front page really is starting to reek of neurosis.

yeah, Scooter has some serious issues.....

#39 White Cracker

White Cracker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,579 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:48 AM

Maybe he is holed up and posting remotely from a bunker, as he was not allowed a press pass in "Frisco" or whatever he calls it, 

#40 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,536 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:07 PM

I have felt from the beginning and still believe that the bitterness and vitriol is the result of the AC choosing not to do any advertising with SA.

My $0.02.

-MH

Why would the AC advertise with SA?  We have never pitched them and never would.  Another strange assumption.

#41 No.6

No.6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts
  • Interests:Danger

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:11 PM

My $0.02.

-MH

Don't know about that but i do know of advertisers that place ads on SA so that they won't get trashed by ED or Clean.

Sad really when folks feel that is the reason to throw their support behind the place.

#42 Trovão

Trovão

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts
  • Interests:sailing (pretty obvious, uhmm)preferentially on boats with more than one hull ;D

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

absolutely.

it's hard to determine what's worse - the ac negativity or all the dan meyers' bullkshit.

#43 Delta Blues

Delta Blues

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,808 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:12 PM

On today's FP they stir the negativity cocktail again about the wind limit.  Let's see, under the current wind limits, ETNZ almost capsized in one race, and stuffed their bows in during a second race.  Their boat design clearly is already in trouble at the current wind limit, why in the world would they agree to raise it?  Statistics don't lie in this case.

#44 Pokey uh da LBC

Pokey uh da LBC

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:09 PM

The interesting thing to me, is that the SA apologists have not taken over this thread with the lame retort, "if you don't like it go somewhere else", like they have in past threads of this nature.

Maybe the tide is changing.

#45 mad

mad

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,072 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

The interesting thing to me, is that the SA apologists have not taken over this thread with the lame retort, "if you don't like it go somewhere else", like they have in past threads of this nature.

Maybe the tide is changing.

Maybe they just got tired of reading the FP and the whinging threads and've given up reading one or both?

Ignoring the FP is the easiest. :D

#46 Wavedancer II

Wavedancer II

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:40 PM

Posts 1, 12, 13 and 33 are spot on and express my feelings better than I could.

And we all know that the LV Cup didn't work out as hoped, no need to rehash that over and over. Nevertheless, it set the stage for some fabulous AC racing.

Race 12 today was another great one, even without the lead changes.

And to be honest, one race a day is fine with me. I like the affair to last as long as possible, and to drink the good stuff slowly.

#47 Pokey uh da LBC

Pokey uh da LBC

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:08 AM

Dragging this out is playing hell with my productivity at work.

#48 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:20 AM

I'm in a bad mood. My pal Jerry's son, 16 years old, fell over dead during PE two days ago. I know the pain he feels. Jerry works for IMTRA in Seattle.

Bob he is lucky to have a mate like you to help him through. Must be very close to home for you too. I am just going to pop in at home and hug my sons.

#49 In the Jailhouse Now

In the Jailhouse Now

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:06 AM

I tried to record todays racing.

I was busy all day chiping and wire wheeling rust from my trailer.

And when I get home, all is see on the recording is "This channel will soon be available".

Kinda sucks.

What sucks worse is I should be getting a free "Trailer Refurbish" in exchange for advertising on this site that I put 12 years into instead of a bunch of Lawyers getting paid for Scots big mouth and his dick (DM and Divorce).

Oh well, I hope to be sailng next year.

#50 SCANAS

SCANAS

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts
  • Interests:Water and Mud

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:16 AM

The Negativity about the AC stinks. It's like the economy during the GFC, tell everyone it's shit enough and it will be shit.

#51 Vernon Green

Vernon Green

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Interests:Sailing

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:33 AM

I am normally one to step up and defend SA, I used to love the news on the FP and in the forums. Both have gone downhill in the past year or two.

#52 Gouvernail

Gouvernail

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,829 posts
  • Interests:margaritas, hippie chicks, durable flying discs for retriever dog play

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:03 AM

What is front page??

#53 DUBLIN-13

DUBLIN-13

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

maybe if they race the next americas in slow old 12 meters with dodgy rigs they might be happy. yeah the winds a fucking cunt but the racing is good and their getting crowds down on the waterside. bit of a fuck up at the start and fuck all teams , move on old men and get the fuck over it. grumpy old men

#54 Fat Point Jack

Fat Point Jack

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

Ed=Ted Cruze

#55 jasenj1

jasenj1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:06 AM

FWIW, I think this AC deserves ample criticism. From the obscene cost of fielding a team to the real estate shenanigans to the court room drama. There's plenty to complain about.

OTOH, I give Larry Ellison credit for trying something radical and new. The "stadium" racing format is compelling when it works. The AC72s are incredible to watch. Unfortunately, they are also extremely fickle, fragile machines. They're F1 cars that require very controlled conditions. The sea is not a controlled environment. I think that's where opinions split. Should AC boats represent the pinnacle of challenging the sea with all her moods? Or is it enough to have precision machines with limits?

My hope is that this will be a learning year for the AC. There's some really good things to keep and a lot of terrible mistakes to avoid.

#56 Glenn McCarthy

Glenn McCarthy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

I posted this just to let people THINK about it (especially this website owner).  75% of an entire country must think that ths event is pretty good in order to hook into the media and pay attention to it.  If I recall right, I think that New Zealand introduces all kids to sailing during their ealry school years.

What we have in the U.S. is a country that is not hooked into sailing.  And a completely disjointed effort to grow sailing at that.  A very small percentage ever sail in this country.  If our country was paying attention to this AC, it would be on an open TV channel for a much larger audience to pay attention, but alas, it boils down to the citizens focusing on many, many other viewing choices.

We need to introduce millions to sailing in this country, probably closer to 100 million.  Once we get people on boats, a lot of other things will work themselves out.

If the U.S. had 75% of the citizenry tuned into this AC, you'd have nothing to complain about and would look even more foolish attempting it.  Just imagine how the New Zealanders take your complaints!

I heard that 75% of New Zealanders were either watching or listening to the Cup today.

#57 Chuck D.

Chuck D.

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,729 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

From today's FP:

So rather than squawking about what you think is right or wrong about the America’s Cup, or creating faux outrage over some perceived slight delivered by SA, how about you grab your kids or friends and go sailing!

Seriously?  How about a big cup of shut the fuck up yourselves?  Instead of focusing on yesterday's compelling race, the humorous allusion to SA that Ken Read made during the coverage yesterday, or the  interesting revelation / smack-talk that came out of the presser afterwards, SA powers-that-be focus on telling their audience that they're 'squawking' and that their displeasure with the unrelenting negativity coming out of SA is 'faux outrage'.  Way to condescend, jackwagons.

I'm with LZ and dozens of others who have already posted in this thread telling Ed and Clean that they're all wet.  "Fiasco" my ass.  This is THE most spectacular AC ever.  Poseur would-be purist douche-bags may not have anything good to say about this AC, but I am hell of entertained, and so is everyone else who isn't too jaded to be thrilled by watching 72 foot boats do things that haven't been done before, in a format that hasn't been tried before, with technologies that didn't exist before.  "Classic" (err, purist) match racing it ain't.  So fucking what?  This stuff is BETTER.

It seems that the management of this supposedly anti-establishment site has grown too comfortable with their now established status.  They have, by all appearances, become what they were originally so adamantly against.  Yer status quo blows, fellas.

#58 bgytr

bgytr

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:35 PM

This cup has been magnificent both in person and in the media.  The limits of technology and human performance have been redefined.  If you hate it so much then please take the time to explain how you would have done it better.  The last few races where the boats were foiling to weather, trading the lead back and forth, trying to use every tactic and strategy in the book with closing speeds of 80mph...  If you don't think that's pretty damn spectacular, what on earth would you do differently..?

What, you were thinking a couple of majestic schooners doing battle at 6 knots would attract hordes of mainstream attention?  I've seen 3 or four generations of A-cup boats in person and on t.v. and this is by far the most exciting, mindbending, viewer friendly cup ever.  I don't understand the vitriol.       

I agree... somewhat.  Yes the boats and racing are spectacular, pushing engineering and human limits of sailing well beyond any prior cup.  Absolutely fanstastic spectacle.

I do think there is a valid point about number of competing teams that has been raised though.    Would this have been a better Cup with more entries?  I think so, but I won't go so far to claim that everyone involved in the planning phase is an utter moron because there weren't more entries or the wind limits are too low.  Take the whole mix into consideration-  How do you plan such exciting racing and technology and get more entries?  Not an easy question.   Wind limits?  Safety?  Fast boats?  Competing criteria.  As with all water-borne craft, judgement and compromise are the order.  People are in place to weigh these issues, and there is bound to be discussion and criticism with the bleeding edge nature of this game- these guys are doing their best with this stuff, having never encountered such craft before.  Maybe give em a little slack?  Make the criticism constructive in nature and maybe people will listen for the next cycle. 

#59 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,123 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:38 PM

I was skeptical when the series began but I have not missed a race and I find it quite exciting.

I love watching the high speed starting manouvers.

#60 Dag-Sabot

Dag-Sabot

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:My humps.

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

I avoid reading the actual articles.

#61 acatguy

acatguy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

SA probably could not get credentials and felt slighted, and like a child they pouted....  

#62 Glenn McCarthy

Glenn McCarthy

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:06 PM

I've been pondering this "expensive" issue for a while.  Does anyone know what it cost to design and build the most recent J Boat?

119' - 139' long with masts as tall as 165'.  And then imagine the number of sails one would go through (vs. a wing mast that I presume is used once al the way through).

Something tells me that this cup isn't all that different in expense as compared to todays dollars of the J Boat era.

#63 jacksparrow

jacksparrow

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Interests:m

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:06 PM

"It’s not too fragile a limb that we’re on when we tell you that this is the last day of AC34. "

Another brilliant observation from the Eds.

#64 Onrust1368

Onrust1368

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

To me, SA is less fun than it used to be...maybe it has changed, maybe I have, who knows? - but I don't feel much compulsion to read it, or to post comments or questions, any more...I just ask myself "When is the last time I learned something interesting here?" - it's certainly longer ago than the frequent train-wrecks, whining sessions, shit-fights, etc. that I see every day...

#65 J120fan

J120fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:28 PM

If you ever had the misfortune to tune into Scott's mindless radio program, you would understand the PF. He thinks he is a little Keith Obermann.

#66 Grrr...

Grrr...

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,425 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:32 PM

I miss the days when I would get onto SA in the morning and there would be 10-12 articles that were new that day.  TP52 coverage, mini stuff, Volvo, AC whatever.  It wasn't all bashing, in fact very little was. Oh sure they were edgy but in a different sort of way.  Now I open the FP and I am lucky if there are 3 new stories.  Some days there is nothing.  I get the feeling the mods have pissed off a few to many people in the biz and they have had their hall passes taken away.  Yes there are still plenty of advertisers so that means there is still an audience here they wish to connect with.  The tone here has changed and I don't feel it's for the best.  I am not saying SA has to blow sunshine up our asses but I think the current tactic isn't working, or at least it isn't for me.  I started out coming for the FP and just lurking the forums.  Now I come for the forums and check the FP every few days.  This AC was doomed to lack the crowds that the AC in Europe and NZ had because Europeans and NZ'ers are sailing people.    Here it's a fringe sport.  We get it.  San Fran was sold a load of goods.  

At one point, I waited close to 12 hours for the front page to be updated with the day's race results.  The world's most important sailboat race should be front and center.  It's like landing on the moon and posting it the next morning.

Yeah, it's been non-stop negativity.  Even the positive posts still have to get a word in about how something in this AC sucks.  To quote a line from BG:  Most 'reasonable' people understand that in making an event change this major and this fundamentally different mistakes are going to be made.  The organizers are some of the best sailors on the planet combined with some of the best judges, race comittee, and volunteers.  Yeah, there are a lot of screwed up things.  Hindsight is great.  But the front page commentary is shit and smacks of small dick syndrome.

All we need now is for Scott to blame the wind issues on Aliens, and clame someone is pregnant.  Then we could sell the front page at the checkout register next to the other worthless rags.

#67 Pokey uh da LBC

Pokey uh da LBC

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:57 PM

From the FP, "For some bizarre and seemingly irrational reason, there is a 40 minute time limit...".

Scot and Clean are both in the media biz, right? And they've been through at least a few AC cycles before, right?

Does it seem bizarre to limit races to 40 minutes in order to squeeze two races into a two-hour TV time slot? 

Since more than 95% of the AC/LVT races so far have finished well within the time limits, 40 minutes doesn't seem particularly irrational to me. It is actually the statistically rational thing to do.

And finally, most races, including previous ACs, have time limits. Why should AC34 be any different.

All that being said, you gotta feel for the Kiwis for pulling the short end on all three abandoned races.

#68 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,536 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:17 AM

The time slot was created to convince NBC to air the coverage (along with a big check).  NBC opted out of any coverage after the agreed-upon slots on the first weekend.   Hence, no reason for the 40 minute limit anymore, but no one seems to have thought about it.  Just as they didn't think about the effect of getting rid of the mark boats on the 'TV worthiness' of the event.  So 3 to 33 becomes 9 to 19.  Makes the IACC boats look robust and versatile.

#69 Pokey uh da LBC

Pokey uh da LBC

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

Clean,

Your explanation makes sense and would have been well received on the FP. The point of this thread and my post specifically is that descriptors like "bizarre and seemingly irrational", are just ridiculous, and make Scot, SA in general, and by extension, all us anarchists, look irrationally vindictive and mean spirited.    

#70 Regatta Dog

Regatta Dog

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,660 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:00 AM

maybe if they race the next americas in slow old 12 meters with dodgy rigs they might be happy. yeah the winds a fucking cunt but the racing is good and their getting crowds down on the waterside. bit of a fuck up at the start and fuck all teams , move on old men and get the fuck over it. grumpy old men

Maybe if the races were based on skill on the water I'd be following the AC.  It amazes me.  Many of the same people here who eschew anything but one design are the same people who jump behind thier favorite in the AC, where the role of skipper and crew are being minimized by the money poured into technology.

We've always been a sport where regular people from all walks of life have been involved.  Millionaires have plumbers on their big boats, and when that same plumber beats the millionaire skipper in a Laser, they bend an elbow at the bar.  Money is not skill. 

I haven't watched the AC and I won't.  Might as well be two computers playing chess.

#71 Grrr...

Grrr...

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,425 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:39 AM

The time slot was created to convince NBC to air the coverage (along with a big check).  NBC opted out of any coverage after the agreed-upon slots on the first weekend.   Hence, no reason for the 40 minute limit anymore, but no one seems to have thought about it.  Just as they didn't think about the effect of getting rid of the mark boats on the 'TV worthiness' of the event.  So 3 to 33 becomes 9 to 19.  Makes the IACC boats look robust and versatile.

THAT's the kind of thing that needs to go on the front page.  Just like you typed it.  It's factual, and points out a shortcoming.  It's not shit stirring, it makes sense, and it isn't nasty for no good reason.  It'd be a great question to ask directly to the guys running the race at a press conference.

#72 phillysailor

phillysailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:16 AM

You know, there are an awful lot of similarities between the FP's take on AC34 and Hot Rod's response to contrary ideas. If you don't understand or like an idea which challenges your viewpoint, then make fun of it, belittle it, or ignore it. You can't get through to HR'FH, and you shouldnt expect to reach Scott, Clean & the gang.

If you can't enjoy this spectacle, there is something wrong with you. Go into therapy, do some Internet shopping, wank off... I don't care what you do, but I believe at some point your kvetching will piss off sponsors who will FINALLY change your mind, something your lowly readers can likely never accomplish.

#73 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:22 AM

I am at a loss as to how anyone cannot find this AC completely compelling. I paid very little attention to it until this actual cup match began. I am now completely hooked and IMO what we are watching is not just the greatest sailing coverage, but the greatest sporting coverage in the history of media. It is all anyone I know is talking about. The venue, the graphics, the free App, the boats and most of all the racing is just plain sensational. I own a yachting School and charter business and the phone is ringing of the hook with inquires from people wanting to take up sailing because of what they have seen on TV this week. The number of eyeballs this has brought to the sport is huge.
This AC is the greatest advertisement the sport has ever had. Even the Aussie gold rush in Weymouth didn't have this effect on the public.
The only tiny bitch I have is the winey 'NASCAR' type commentary.
Still I guess it is the Americas cup and it is being held in Americia so they had to get an American involved somehow. So nice of that Ellison chap to pay for us Aussies to race the Kiwi's for the cup. Go Oracle team AUS, err, USA!

#74 scott187332

scott187332

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:31 AM

"It’s not too fragile a limb that we’re on when we tell you that this is the last day of AC34. "

Another brilliant observation from the Eds.

It’s not too fragile a limb that we’re on when we tell you that these are the last days of SA.  It's a harsh environment and not fun.  It's not a place to love sailing but a place to love to hate sailing.  Unless its your own Shaw 650 than it's very different and important story.

#75 judge

judge

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:21 AM

I too have been disparaging of the whole AC Catamaran circus, but watching these monsters go round the weather mark and rise out of the water on their foils as they accelerate up to 40 knots is a brilliant spectacle.  It has got me in front of the TV every morning at 6am for the last week.

Although these "boats" are about as relevant to my sort of sailing as the J Class of the 1920's was, it is a delight to watch these highly paid, highly skilled professional sailors with cubic dollars of techno-spend in the locker go the wrong way, miss shifts, and generally making the same errors I do, and have been doing for the last 40 years.

Maybe I'll go over to NZ in 2017 to watch close up. :)

#76 B.J. Porter

B.J. Porter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,018 posts
  • Interests:Hallberg-Rassy 53 "Evenstar"

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

I am at a loss as to how anyone cannot find this AC completely compelling. I paid very little attention to it until this actual cup match began. I am now completely hooked and IMO what we are watching is not just the greatest sailing coverage, but the greatest sporting coverage in the history of media. It is all anyone I know is talking about. The venue, the graphics, the free App, the boats and most of all the racing is just plain sensational. I own a yachting School and charter business and the phone is ringing of the hook with inquires from people wanting to take up sailing because of what they have seen on TV this week. The number of eyeballs this has brought to the sport is huge.
This AC is the greatest advertisement the sport has ever had. Even the Aussie gold rush in Weymouth didn't have this effect on the public.
The only tiny bitch I have is the winey 'NASCAR' type commentary.
Still I guess it is the Americas cup and it is being held in Americia so they had to get an American involved somehow. So nice of that Ellison chap to pay for us Aussies to race the Kiwi's for the cup. Go Oracle team AUS, err, USA!

Interesting to see the cruisers bars down here in Grenada packed with people to watch the cup.  You need to get there early to guarantee a seat in the smaller place we've been watching, especially since some astute proprietors have moved happy hour to start at 4:00 on race days.  About 50-60% of the crowd is pulling for ETNZ; it's tough to tell as they are louder then the rest of us, especially the actual Kiwis and Aussies - they're the only ones that show up with flags to wave.  But you've got people piling into the bars to watch standing room only.

Its a good show, with more people showing up to watch racing every single day.  I didn't watch the LVC, it wasn't shown in so many places and bandwidth isn't good enough to watch it myself.  But this has been really fun to watch.  Heck, I got my mother watching it and she isn't even a sailor or much of a sports fan at all.

Lots of Kiwi fans were frothing yesterday when it became apparent the time limit was going to expire, and the bar generally gives a rousing chorus of boos to every wind delay and postponement.

#77 B.J. Porter

B.J. Porter

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,018 posts
  • Interests:Hallberg-Rassy 53 "Evenstar"

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

Maybe if the races were based on skill on the water I'd be following the AC.  It amazes me.  Many of the same people here who eschew anything but one design are the same people who jump behind thier favorite in the AC, where the role of skipper and crew are being minimized by the money poured into technology.

We've always been a sport where regular people from all walks of life have been involved.  Millionaires have plumbers on their big boats, and when that same plumber beats the millionaire skipper in a Laser, they bend an elbow at the bar.  Money is not skill. 

I haven't watched the AC and I won't.  Might as well be two computers playing chess.

What you are saying can't be farther from the truth, but you'd know that if you'd been watching.

Seeing Oracle get their shit together over a week of racing has shown a real human factor to the whole thing.  With the boats now as closely matched in speed with both teams working well, it comes down to boat handling and tactics.

The America's Cup has never been been an everyman's sport, to suggest otherwise is silly. It's always been rich people and pros.  What you are suggesting is akin to refusing to watch professional baseball because you think your church or company softball team is the real deal.

Your loss, I've found it thrilling to see.  Though I do miss sail changes.

#78 Bob Perry

Bob Perry

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,123 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

"The America's Cup has never been been an everyman's sport, to suggest otherwise is silly. It's always been rich people and pros. What you are suggesting is akin to refusing to watch professional baseball because you think your church or company softball team is the real deal." B.J. Porter

Here here!

#79 billy backstay

billy backstay

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,839 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

Yeah RD; you really should tune in.  I will save the DVR if they have a race today so you can bring over a bottle of cheap Vodka to swill down with me while we watch it... :P  :D

#80 mad

mad

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,072 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

Then WTF are basing your judgement on??

Please tell us its not based on the Front Page or the forums?

#81 In the Jailhouse Now

In the Jailhouse Now

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

Jeez Bob, sorry to hear that. 16 is far too young to pass.

What bugs me about Scot's ranting and I have told him this many many times in the past years is his bashing of peoples belief in something greater than us. there is no doubt that Scot is a very troubled person.

I found this article which covers it pretty well.

http://veilofreality...oulless-humans/

#82 Stanuel

Stanuel

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:18 PM

But the general public, the mainstream press, and a blood-smelling SF press mostly think it’s a sick joke 

WTF? 

Delusional, vindictive, and embarrassing. Clean I met you once in Scow country attending another marvel of sailing, A scows.

You seem stoked on the C cats, and well, they are now exhibiting direct tech derived from the big fellas in the AC.

Ya, really? The event and boats suck? Time to pony up dude, and embrace the change.  

#83 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,536 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:56 PM

Who said the boats suck?  The boats are fucking incredible.

But the vast, vast majority of the press and public think the restrictions are a joke, and because of them, the event is a joke.  Go to the AC News thread for details.

#84 Monkey

Monkey

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:43 AM

But the vast, vast majority of the press and public think the restrictions are a joke, and because of them, the event is a joke.  Go to the AC News thread for details.

Odd, most people here find the AC pretty cool. Take a stroll around the forums. It's mostly you and Scot that's the joke. Not the AC.

#85 MR.CLEAN

MR.CLEAN

Anarchist

• Reporters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,536 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:04 AM

Yeah, that's cute and all but 'most people' are unfortunately not on SA. The people who read this site are an easy reach for the AC. Larry didn't spend 100M on tv development, broadcast services, and air time to reach you - he knew he'd have you with whatever he put out there.  

#86 scott187332

scott187332

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:21 AM

Yeah, that's cute and all but 'most people' are unfortunately not on SA. The people who read this site are an easy reach for the AC. Larry didn't spend 100M on tv development, broadcast services, and air time to reach you - he knew he'd have you with whatever he put out there.  

There is a reason MOST people are not here!  Please listen and make an adjustment.  FUCK!!!!!

A few years back this site had something going.  It was still an intense place but it had some balance.  

The FT10 could not have developed with out this place.  It die by the same sword it was born from.  It didn't have to be that way.  Mr Perry deserved better in my opinion.

This is such a sad place to check into.  Thank goodness that some of the forum posts are well thought out it's your saving grace.

#87 NoStrings

NoStrings

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,044 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:24 AM

Wait, I thought the stats said that 'most people' came here for their sailing fix? You're better than this Alan. You don't have to hitch your wagon to gimpy, wasted, horses.

#88 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:55 AM

The vast majority of the public think the event is a joke? Clearly the pot you have been scoring in cup village is no joke. Sounds like it is great stuff. The restrictions on the wind limit are understood by everyone - sailors and non sailors alike except you and a few other world weary hacks, pulling your snouts out of the 'AC paid for' trough long enough to try and get some air time by making stupid statements. I think 'the vast majority of the public' aint watching this hoping to see the boats crash or flip and another person killed. I think that is more your NASCAR crowd. As for the time limit, well every 'round the cans' yacht race has a time limit. Sports need rules otherwise it just becomes Anarchy. Oh I get it now!  Without the time limit the cup would be over and 'The vast majority of yachting hacks' wouldn't still be squaring up to the free buffet again tomorrow morning. Who gives a fuck what the yachting press think anyway. Their job is to report on the event not to run it. If the AC is a circus then the press are the clowns. 'The vast majority of the public' are simply enjoying what is the greatest sporting event in history.

#89 No.6

No.6

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts
  • Interests:Danger

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

Here is a news flash for a bunch of you folks. No one cares about what Scot and Alan put up on the front page. I mean sure, some people actually read it, and some people actually get their smalls all knotted up over it, but the vast majority are here IN SPITE OF "The Management" and their sensationalized headlines. The FP, for all intents and purposes, is nothing more that The National Enquirer of sailing.
It is the forums, the mostly anonymous participants to be specific, that make this place what it is.

#90 On the Hard

On the Hard

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:43 AM

Agree.  I really wish that Scott (if he is responsible for the tone) would sell his baby to someone who could take it to the next level.  The front page really is starting to reek of neurosis    necrosis.

Fixed...

#91 BIAM

BIAM

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:09 PM

AC coverage by SA has been awful...I don't even bother to look at the "articles"....they are nothing more than ego-driven bitch fest.

When ever clean puts on his journalist hat, just rub his face in the AC coverage...

Funny thing is that they are trying to make the C class coverage worthwhile....and it is interesting, although thoroughly amateurish...but I'll give them props for trying.

And I'll at least give props to clean for sticking his neck out.....even though it is promptly chopped off in most cases....the Ed, on the other hand appears AWOL

#92 White Cracker

White Cracker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,579 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

Funny indeed. Here's the biggest sailing event in years going on a few hundred miles from Sailing Anarchy World Headquarters, and where are they?

"Mr. Clean" goes to the foggy, windless coat of the UK to cover the C Class. Not that the foiling "C"'s are not worth an in depth look, but cripes -history is being made right around the corner, using modern boats that break all the "rules" , and all we get is bitching and complaining that "they don't get it."

SA survives in spite of the ownership, not because of it. And I'm not sure how much longer it will survive (unless you pay them a "donation" of course).

#93 BIAM

BIAM

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:00 PM

holy shit...just tuned into to NBCsports extra to watch the racing today.....wow..

WTF are these assclowns bitching about? 

honestly, as much fun as it is to watch the C class....it really can't be compared to what I just watched

and some advice to clean....stay out of camera view....and don't talk...ever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users