KIM Dotcom offers to fund TNZ for 35th AC

New sponsor for TNZ

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
104 replies to this topic

#101 Kia Ora

Kia Ora

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:57 PM

Personally I think Kim Dotcom is a perfect fit for the Cup, which has a history of eccentric billionaire competitors (even though he probably isn't a billionaire).

True, but he doesn't have enough money to fund a complete campaign.

He can really only trump up some tide over money.

His agenda is also purely political. He doesn't have the passion to win the cup.

#102 Tony-F18

Tony-F18

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,443 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:18 PM

Personally I think Kim Dotcom is a perfect fit for the Cup, which has a history of eccentric billionaire competitors (even though he probably isn't a billionaire).

His agenda is also purely political. He doesn't have the passion to win the cup.

If his file-sharing business Mega.co.nz goes public $50m might be a drop in the bucket for him...

#103 southseasbill

southseasbill

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:41 PM

If his file-sharing business Mega.co.nz goes public $50m might be a drop in the bucket for him...

If Alcatraz was still operating, they could give him a room with a view of the racing.

#104 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,620 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:52 PM

If Alcatraz was still operating, they could give him a room with a view of the racing.

Not a problem, San Quentin is still taking reservations.

#105 Gibbo_aus

Gibbo_aus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:42 PM

I can imagine Kim Dot Com and Clive Palmer should each put a syndicate in. No one at the official functions would get any food but that is a matter for catering to handle.