19 replies to this topic

#1 maxmini

maxmini

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:09 AM

Not sure if this was posted earlier but it looks like the team got a VERY supportive welcome on their return. Well played by the true NZ fans .

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=D4i8SZEI0Ww

#2 coaster1

coaster1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:20 AM

Agreed - must have been a bit of a lift after the loss.

Can't believe the kiwi fans here haven't posted this with all their zeal.

#3 maxmini

maxmini

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:49 AM

It was bound to get quiet around here .

I think the last gasp were the wild rumors after the event ended .

Once they were proven to be worthless they really had nothing else to go on about .

The good news is that the Kiwis could very well be back for AC 35 which is good news for the real fans and I am happy for them even if we have to deal with the very small vocal minority of the fair weather bois .

#4 coaster1

coaster1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:19 AM

Once they were proven to be worthless they really had nothing else to go on about .

The good news is that the Kiwis could very well be back for AC 35 which is good news for the real fans and I am happy for them even if we have to deal with the very small vocal minority of the fair weather bois .

The simple fact that none of them have shown up speaks volumes about the posters here - no real surprise. Where's Ta Koodie when he should be front and center ? 

I guess in a cave somewhere licking his wounds or off babysitting Deano's kids while he licks his wounds. Lame bunch on SA.

#5 Trafficker

Trafficker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:43 AM

Personally I think the true fans didn't want it to look like we were over celebrating a loss - we have had teams do victory laps before in rugby after losing to NZ.  Anyway it was our fans saying thanks to our almost national team, and besides GA and AB are honorary Kiwis now anyway.  Doesn't need a whole lot of explaining really.

#6 Glenn

Glenn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

The simple fact that none of them have shown up speaks volumes about the posters here - no real surprise. Where's Ta Koodie when he should be front and center ? 

I guess in a cave somewhere licking his wounds or off babysitting Deano's kids while he licks his wounds. Lame bunch on SA.
Wow with 55 post you have been round long enough to know plenty of kiwi fans

Yip we got pant's in the second 1/2 of the AC, , and we /Im gutted!

But really until we know what the next cycle will be and who will be involved, pointless getting to worked up again. No need to dwell on what happened...which in case you need reminding Oracle was 4knts faster up wind and 3 seconds quicker getting up to speed after tacks.

I certainly did not show up at the ETNZ welcome home, but rest assured when one of the crew turn up at the bar after next weeks beer can series, ill shake is hand and let out collective .."buggar"

#7 dogwatch

dogwatch

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,772 posts
  • Interests:Racing in all forms.

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:38 AM

Where's Ta Koodie when he should be front and center ? 

Are you 13 years old?

For starters, as pretty much everybody knows, he has a work pattern which means he comes and goes from here.

#8 minimumfuss

minimumfuss

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:kiwis winning, sports

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

Still here. It has gone quiet, at least there isn't 2000 random new threads to wade through. There is renewed interest in all things sailing with kiwis competing well in lots of other events like the RC44s, RBYAC, 49ers, moths, Extreme Series etc, and hopefully another VOR.

The welcome was cool, and unprecedented in NZ for a losing team. It was the way they conducted themselves that won hearts and minds. As DB said, there wasn't anything more they could have done with what they had. Massive support for another go at grassroots level.

#9 aldo

aldo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:43 PM

Hmmm.  Seems you do have nice people down there.

#10 mad

mad

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,050 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:17 PM

Where's Ta Koodie when he should be front and center ? 

Are you 13 years old?

For starters, as pretty much everybody knows, he has a work pattern which means he comes and goes from here.

If only

#11 burbanite

burbanite

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:38 PM

The welcome home has been talked about and linked multiple times in several threads, I don't recall seeing this particular video though.

Of course many of the replies just beat on NZ'ers for supporting a losing team without realizing that they were just projecting how they would react in the same circumstances. NZ may not have won the cup but hey didn't lose anything.

#12 KestrelSF

KestrelSF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:53 PM

Perhaps they haven't been around because the general reception here has been nothing less than trollish? 

HOwever, I would say that there has been favorable discussion of the plans and announcements coming from NZ.  Just my $0.02

#13 Titan Uranus

Titan Uranus

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • Interests:challenging idiots since 1993

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:18 AM

Here's a list of the favourable plans for ETNZ... coming from NZ...

There was no "post AC plan" from ETNZ and all of it employee's, but mainly the GM Dalton.

The Government stumps up with cash, despite there being no plan, to retain key millionaire staff.

Dalton is off but hoping people will ask him to return.

Dalton Insists change has to take place as the team cannot do the same things and expect the same result.

barker wants to keep taking the money a d carry on losing....after all it is a Barker tradition!

Meanwhile... in various million dollar mansions in Auckland, the crew relax and wait for the next installment of huge quantities of cash (job offers), lavish world travelling with the odd regatta thrown in, and "goofy eyed" bimbo fans to sing "the teams back! We are saved"¡

#14 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:43 AM

Personally I think the true fans didn't want it to look like we were over celebrating a loss -

Err..ever heard of ANZAC Day?

#15 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:44 AM

The welcome home has been talked about and linked multiple times in several threads, I don't recall seeing this particular video though.

Of course many of the replies just beat on NZ'ers for supporting a losing team without realizing that they were just projecting how they would react in the same circumstances. NZ may not have won the cup but hey didn't lose anything.

Apart from the last 8 races.

#16 jc172528

jc172528

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:50 AM

Well Life Boy we'll see how you guys get on.

Hope the hair loss has slowed  :lol: 

#17 coaster1

coaster1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:02 AM

Some of you guys, a few actually, are really sore losers.

Adds a reason as to why I'm glad OR won, not the right reason mind you, but a reason nontheless.

#18 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

Mate even if we make it to the final and are smashed 9 -zip we will shrug, admit we lost and go have a beer with the winners.
New Zealand didn't lose anything? WTF?
You lost 11 races in a regatta were you only needed 9 to win.
Every property developer and slum lord in Auckland lost their payday.
The kiwi tax payers ( in Australia that expression is a punch- line btw) Lost the millions that the government spent.
The All Blacks Lost the title of the worlds greatest sporting chokers

And Te Kooti Lost a load over his keyboard every time someone posted a photo of Grant Dalton.

#19 minimumfuss

minimumfuss

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:kiwis winning, sports

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

Mate even if we make it to the final and are smashed 9 -zip we will shrug, admit we lost and go have a beer with the winners.
The kiwi tax payers ( in Australia that expression is a punch- line btw) Lost the millions that the government spent.

And Te Kooti Lost a load over his keyboard every time someone posted a photo of Grant Dalton.

The NZ govt, sponsors and all the kiwi businesses in SF showcasing themselves have all said they are more than happy with the exposure and money generated for the country. Ian Taylor from Animation Research said today he thought the country was several hundred mill in the black, with hundreds of thousands of man hours of work generated directly from ETNZ alone, plus work done for other teams. And Auckland property prices continue to soar, they don't need the AC to make a buck. As for the AB's, we don't see them as chokers while holding the World Cup and being ranked #1 in the world. Aussies only 4th. We lost a regatta, barely, that we have won twice before, and lost more than once. Big deal. The welcome was entirely driven by a proud nation.

#20 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

The NZ govt, sponsors and all the kiwi businesses in SF showcasing themselves have all said they are more than happy with the exposure and money generated for the country. Ian Taylor from Animation Research said today he thought the country was several hundred mill in the black, with hundreds of thousands of man hours of work generated directly from ETNZ alone, plus work done for other teams. And Auckland property prices continue to soar, they don't need the AC to make a buck. As for the AB's, we don't see them as chokers while holding the World Cup and being ranked #1 in the world. Aussies only 4th. We lost a regatta, barely, that we have won twice before, and lost more than once. Big deal. The welcome was entirely driven by a proud nation.

So your 'govt' that poured millions into the Challenge have told you it was a good investment and you are millions in the black by losing.
And you believe them. Hey can I interest you in a really nice bridge I have for sale?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users