#1 SIR CLEAN

SIR CLEAN

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • Interests:Integrity.

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

Te Kooti. Since you hate Coutts for leaving a team he could not see winning the cup! Answer this.

If the current management of ETNZ left the company (TNZ) in a financial and asset stripped state and Dean Barker could not see a way to take the team forward with a winning business ( money and resources needed to win)... and as such had to leave the team!...

Would you deny him the chance to sail for another team from another country.

Or would he be a traitor.

By the way. I think ETNZ has been bailed out by the NZ Government because they have been left with no money to carry on. ( to future planning by Dalton)

#2 Tornado-Cat

Tornado-Cat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,703 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:26 AM

Or would he  yankee doodle be a traitor ?

#3 SIR CLEAN

SIR CLEAN

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:04 AM

Where are you te kooti...

Deans waiting to see what his loyal Fans will think if he sails for another country/team.

#4 fifo

fifo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

Ok I'll bite. Kiwis "mexicians with telephones" I haven't had a gig in kiwi for decades. I won't work for nothing why should Dean. If we don't have the coin I would expect nothing else from the team.

#5 Battlecheese

Battlecheese

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, music, physics.

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

If they all went to one (foreign) team, I suspect TK would have an issue.

#6 burbanite

burbanite

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

TEUAE?

#7 coaster1

coaster1

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:14 AM

If they all went to one (foreign) team, I suspect TK would have an issue.

But we'll never know because according to Dogwatch he has a job and can't respond to posts he doesn't want to.

Makes sense to me, as he rarely posts here.

#8 NewDogBalls

NewDogBalls

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

TK - Where are you?  Still eating humble pie?  Then again, you are a lard ass.

#9 chauch

chauch

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:19 PM

Oh FFS, guys, leave the man alone.  He makes his positions and his passions very clear, so answer your own fucking question and agree to disagree.

#10 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Location:I'm in Sunny..-. Warm..& ..Dry San Diego . and your not :-)
  • Interests:Prime + 1 3/4

COUGARS COUGARS & More COUGARS

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:26 PM

TK - Where are you?  Still eating humble pie?  Then again, you are a lard ass.

He's still at the UN getting copies of my "AC-34 Front Page" PIC from each of the Countries  :o  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

#11 Kia Ora

Kia Ora

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Currently - racing in the classics.

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:48 PM

Oh FFS, guys, leave the man alone.  He makes his positions and his passions very clear, so answer your own fucking question and agree to disagree.

+101

TK is around - being a lot wiser than this lot, he doesn't lower himself to get involved in primary school dick matches.

#12 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,444 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:26 PM

+101

TK is around - being a lot wiser than this lot, he doesn't lower himself to get involved in primary school dick matches.

You would certainly know. Don't throw your shoulder out patting yourself on the back.

#13 KiwiJoker

KiwiJoker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:06 PM

+101

You would certainly know. Don't throw your shoulder out patting yourself on the back.

Still shovelling shit, I see.  

Time to lift your game.  

Initial target:  make a positive, informative, insult-free statement at least one per cent of the time,

#14 atefooterz

atefooterz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts
  • Interests:many

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:27 PM

+101

Time to lift your game.  

Initial target:  make a positive, informative, insult-free statement at least one per cent of the time,

Sadly unlike TK you can search all of the soilers posts (on SA) and will sadly come up with zippo.

Only 700odd trolling days till AC35!

#15 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,444 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:53 AM

+101

Time to lift your game.  

Still pissed you were wrong about GD' role (and not the bank tellers) in sabotaging RC at the charity dinner in NZ, and never admitted as much ?

Maybe you should focus on the likes of "Herbie" Gladwell, or johnmoon, or yankeedoodle, or speed deamon if you're looking for those actually shovelling shit.

As long as takoodie places himself in the line of fire with his "drive-by" snipes, he will receive commensurate attention. And just for the record, "stepping away" from the line on occasion to appear congenial doesn't exonerate him and his sock puppets from anything.

#16 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:59 AM

+101

Time to lift your game.  

Sadly unlike TK you can search all of the soilers posts (on SA) and will sadly come up with zippo.

Only 700odd trolling days till AC35!

Gives me a sinister idea !!!  :)

#17 KiwiJoker

KiwiJoker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:54 AM

+101

Time to lift your game.  

Still pissed you were wrong about GD' role (and not the bank tellers) in sabotaging RC at the charity dinner in NZ, and never admitted as much ?

Maybe you should focus on the likes of "Herbie" Gladwell, or johnmoon, or yankeedoodle, or speed deamon if you're looking for those actually shovelling shit.

As long as takoodie places himself in the line of fire with his "drive-by" snipes, he will receive commensurate attention. And just for the record, "stepping away" from the line on occasion to appear congenial doesn't exonerate him and his sock puppets from anything.

Prove I was wrong about the Coutts/Dalton sideshow.  Kinda tough perhaps. I know you weren't there.

You're probably deduced this, you clever thing, but I have the highest regard for Richard Gladwell. 

One of these days you'll acknowledge that Te Kooti and Kia Ora are separate individuals, with different perspectives, writing from different parts of the world. Your unrelenting persistence in linking the two names speaks volumes about your wilful intent to ignore the obvious truth and muddy the waters.

#18 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:54 AM

It's the Free-Range Chinese Dragons that's got him on the Run

Rumor has it Free-Range Chinese Dragons slipped through TSA

continually following T-K where ever he goes to this day

something about tossing a wood dowel

into a baby dragon sleeping on the shore just after yet another TNZ loss

#19 Kia Ora

Kia Ora

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Currently - racing in the classics.

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:15 PM

Me thinks there is an inherent fear of the Kiwi sailor amongst many of the Septics.

Rather flattering I think.

Not sure why, as we are only a wee tiny nation.

#20 floater

floater

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

...but I have the highest regard for Richard Gladwell. 

no disrespect to you, but Herbie Gladwell's credibility is shot.

The fact that publishers publish his absurd and ridiculous assertion is an embarrassment

The fact that people actually believe it is even more discouraging.

Admittedly, Oracle must shoulder some of the blame - if it wasn't for the king post - this nonsense would never have seen the light of day

#21 NewDogBalls

NewDogBalls

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

+101

Time to lift your game.  

Why don't you give it a try.  Your sheep shit is pure fiction.

#22 NewDogBalls

NewDogBalls

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

+101

So, are you the new resident expert on how to handle little boy's penis?  

Talk about a stupid post, you sure are an expert on that.

#23 KiwiJoker

KiwiJoker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

+101

Time to lift your game.  

Try saying something intelligent or, fuck off, Newbie

#24 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,444 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:42 AM

Time to lift your game.  

You're lowering your game by the post, my friend, against your own advice.

BTW, what you think of "Herbie" is fine with me. He should take a page or three out of Shirley Robertson's approach to reporting the facts instead of getting sucked into Dana's belief of "drama is news".  He started off ok and went down hill from there as the stakes were raised. Too bad for him, but that is what I will remember of his reporting of AC34, along with the now famous "Herbie" article.

I could care less because it's his image that is tarnished as a result. We now know what and who were dealing with - biased reporting when the chips are down for ET.

#25 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:18 AM

Me thinks there is an inherent fear of the Kiwi sailor amongst many of the Septics.

After reading all the pearl clutching since the great choke, that last sentence should read,
"Not sure why, as we are only a nation with tiny wee's"

#26 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,444 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:57 AM

After reading all the pearl clutching since the great choke, that last sentence should read,
"Not sure why, as we are only a nation with tiny wee's"

Rather flattering, I think.

#27 KiwiJoker

KiwiJoker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:02 AM

Time to lift your game.  

BTW, what you think of "Herbie" is fine with me. He should take a page or three out of Shirley Robertson's approach to reporting the facts instead of getting sucked into Dana's belief of "drama is news".  He started off ok and went down hill from there as the stakes were raised. Too bad for him, but that is what I will remember of his reporting of AC34, along with the now famous "Herbie" article.

I could care less because it's his image that is tarnished as a result. We now know what and who were dealing with - biased reporting when the chips are down for ET.

What's the saying. "wrestle with pigs, get covered in shit"?

I strive for moderation in my posts but I think I'm entitled now and then to show how pissed off I am at imbeciles.

So Gladwell erred in the heat of battle!, Who knows  why?  I don't and you most certainly are ignorant of the facts. The difference between us is that' I'm inclined to cut Richard  a little slack, given all his positive contributions to Cup coverage and this forum. I can't say the same for you.

But I digress.  You have yet to respond to the statement I posted a day or two ago.

"One of these days you'll acknowledge that Te Kooti and Kia Ora are separate individuals, with different perspectives, writing from different parts of the world. Your unrelenting persistence in linking the two names speaks volumes about your wilful intent to ignore the obvious truth and muddy the waters."

So, are you ready to concede you are wrong?

And apologize!

#28 surfsailor

surfsailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Interests:Surf. Foiling. Vintage guitars.

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:38 AM

I strive for moderation in my posts but I think I'm entitled now and then to show how pissed off I am at imbeciles.

So Gladwell erred in the heat of battle!, Who knows  why?  I don't and you most certainly are ignorant of the facts. The difference between us is that' I'm inclined to cut Richard  a little slack, given all his positive contributions to Cup coverage and this forum. I can't say the same for you.

But I digress.  You have yet to respond to the statement I posted a day or two ago.

"One of these days you'll acknowledge that Te Kooti and Kia Ora are separate individuals, with different perspectives, writing from different parts of the world. Your unrelenting persistence in linking the two names speaks volumes about your wilful intent to ignore the obvious truth and muddy the waters."

And apologize!

You think the disingenuous reporting of an utterly false 'story' along with implications of cheating is excusable as 'erring in the heat of battle'? What a great 'contribution' - a useless bunch of speculation, outright lies and excuses.

At least you admit that Gladwell was engaged in a 'battle' - with Oracle Racing. Not sure how that counts as 'journalism', though.

#29 atefooterz

atefooterz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:01 AM

And apologize!

You think the disingenuous reporting of an utterly false 'story' along with implications of cheating is excusable as 'erring in the heat of battle'? What a great 'contribution' - a useless bunch of speculation, outright lies and excuses.

At least you admit that Gladwell was engaged in a 'battle' - with Oracle Racing. Not sure how that counts as 'journalism', though.

EnglishUS V EnglishGlobal ^ This! haha

#30 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,444 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

Time to lift your game.  

And apologize!

Pretty funny actually.

You never responded to my posts (two IIRC) of several months ago immediately following the charity dinner, but that's ok - the organizers as you claimed (a bank) surely didn't script Grumpy's speech. Love the comment even more now "So what went wrong ?" Maybe RC should ask the same now.

Apparently you missed it when Kia Ora outed himself and Dogwatch busted him immediately. That was funny as well.

You want an apology ? Try again.

#31 maxmini

maxmini

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,972 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

TK has at least two other screen names here , one of them is Kia Ora

sock_puppet_picture.jpg

#32 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,444 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:21 PM

And apologize!

Pretty funny actually.

You never responded to my posts (two IIRC) of several months ago immediately following the charity dinner, but that's ok - the organizers as you claimed (a bank) surely didn't script Grumpy's speech. Love the comment even more now "So what went wrong ?" Maybe RC should ask the same now.

Apparently you missed it when Kia Ora outed himself and Dogwatch busted him immediately. That was funny as well.

Pretty funny actually.

Now you're being downright barmy!

I never said a bank organised a script for Dalton. And I deliberately chose not to get into a pointless shitfight over how the Dalton Coutts tap dance went down.

I read Kia Ora's extensive website and viewed his photos when he referred to it months ago.. I've met Te Kooti, the Prof.  He is not Kia Ora

Yet you continue  to say they are one and the same.

Or have you wised up at last and are now futilely mpting to clamber back to high ground.

Just for you - enjoy.

http://forums.sailin...48784&p=4223730

And be sure to check out the website again;

http://www.poulston.com

Believe what you will - way to many common references in the posts if you read carefully, not to mention a well established history in establishing and making every effort to hide a second identity. Failed miserably with "Hastings" and has also failed with Kia Ora.

#33 KiwiJoker

KiwiJoker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:53 PM

And apologize!

Pretty funny actually.

Pretty funny actually.

I never said a bank organised a script for Dalton. And I deliberately chose not to get into a pointless shitfight over how the Dalton Coutts tap dance went down.

I read Kia Ora's extensive website and viewed his photos when he referred to it months ago.. I've met Te Kooti, the Prof.  He is not Kia Ora

Or have you wised up at last and are now futilely mpting to clamber back to high ground.

Just for you - enjoy.

Believe what you will - way to many common references in the posts if you read carefully, not to mention a well established history in establishing and making every effort to hide a second identity. Failed miserably with "Hastings" and has also failed with Kia Ora.

You are far more seriously fucked up than seems humanly possible.

I venture no firm opinion on a possible Hastings/Kia Ora relationship but I very seriously doubt it.

As for Poulston, the Kruising Katamaran Kiwi, I spent some time reading his website when it was online and mate, he ain't Te Kooti, the prof.i

#34 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,444 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:59 PM

And apologize!

Pretty funny actually.

Pretty funny actually.

Just for you - enjoy.

I venture no firm opinion on a possible Hastings/Kia Ora relationship but I very seriously doubt it.

As for Poulston, the Kruising Katamaran Kiwi, I spent some time reading his website when it was online and mate, he ain't Te Kooti, the prof.i

I see now we're making some progress, you're just about at Indio's level.

Must be a cultural thing :)

#35 KiwiJoker

KiwiJoker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:02 AM

And apologize!

Puhleeze don't put words in my mouth.  The heat of battle line referred to the haste to make a deadline. It had nothing to do with OR vs ETNZ.

I must say I did RG a disservice.  Specifically, he did not err.  Went back and read the highly speculative piece in question.  It was labelled speculation in the headline, to whit: "Speculation on Oracle Team USA's Foiling System."   I didn't pay much attention to the piece at the time and still doubt it's credibility but who knows, events may prove me wrong. 

Should RG have published it. I have no problem with that. If he hadn't, he'd be copping criticism from folks like you for hiding it  :D

#36 Glenn

Glenn

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:06 AM

Fuck me ..ya wander over after a week in the sun, and there are still peoples egos in the way.

Makes it look as if the AC didn't matter for a lot of posters here!!

#37 KiwiJoker

KiwiJoker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:07 AM

Pretty funny actually.

Pretty funny actually.

Just for you - enjoy.

We can drop this largely pointless exchange as soon as you acknowledge that Kia Ora and Te Kooti are not the same individual.

OF course you may have some proof other than the tea leaves in the bottom of your empty cup.

#38 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,444 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:59 AM

>Just for you - enjoy.

lockquote>

As for Poulston, the Kruising Katamaran Kiwi, I spent some time reading his website when it was online and mate, he ain't Te Kooti, the

prof.i

We can drop this largely pointless exchange as soon as you acknowledge that Kia Ora and Te Kooti are not the same individual.

OF course you may have some proof other than the tea leaves in the bottom of your empty cup.

Sorry (only kinda) - he has a long history that dictates otherwise, and has has gone to great extremes to deny it despite being called on it 100's of times.

Why don't you explain why this has taken on such a significant importance to you ? Why do you care what I do or do not believe, seriously ?

#39 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,444 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:20 AM

And for the record, here is the history on Gladwell misreporting the facts on who selected the opening video of the charity dinner intended to slam the event yet once again;

http://forums.sailin...36#entry4128262

The fact is Dalton did directly select the opening LE interview video RG commented about in his first article, but neglected to report it accurately, neither of which comes as a surprise.

#40 KiwiJoker

KiwiJoker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:48 AM

>Just for you - enjoy.

lockquote>

As for Poulston, the Kruising Katamaran Kiwi, I spent some time reading his website when it was online and mate, he ain't Te Kooti, the

prof.i

Sorry (only kinda) - he has a long history that dictates otherwise, and has has gone to great extremes to deny it despite being called on it 100's of times.

Why don't you explain why this has taken on such a significant importance to you ? Why do you care what I do or do not believe, seriously ?

Dunno why I should respond.  You still haven't answered my challenge. Best I can tell, you have a strong belief Te Kooti and Kia Ora are one and the same.

For my part, I've met Te Kooti and after viewing Kia Ora/Poulston's extensive web site I know they are two different persons.

Why do I persist. I accept differences in interpretation (ie Coutts/Dalton) and I value the truth.

In the face of blindingly obvious evidence to the contrary you persist in linking Te Kooti and Kia Ora and use it as a cudgel to discredit both. 

I think that is pathetic, if not pathologically wilful. 

#41 Tornado-Cat

Tornado-Cat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,703 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:26 AM

Is that your proof that TK, Kia Ora and Hasting are one and the same ? :unsure:

#42 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,444 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:29 AM

Dunno why I should respond.  You still haven't answered my challenge. Best I can tell, you have a strong belief Te Kooti and Kia Ora are one and the same.

For my part, I've met Te Kooti and after viewing Kia Ora/Poulston's extensive web site I know they are two different persons.

Why do I persist. I accept differences in interpretation (ie Coutts/Dalton) and I value the truth.

In the face of blindingly obvious evidence to the contrary you persist in linking Te Kooti and Kia Ora and use it as a cudgel to discredit both. 

I think that is pathetic, if not pathologically wilful. 

This exchange reminds me of having a Jehovah's Witness at my front door on Christmas day with a Watchtower magazine in his/her hand preaching the gospel and telling me about Armageddon unless I BELIEVE.

While I don't agree with you, you certainly don't find me criticizing you for what you believe in, and further, I'm not sitting here hurling insults at you for that fact.

I'll tell you exactly what I tell the Jehovah's Witnesses on Christmas morning, respect the belief's of others, and get fucking lost and let me enjoy the holiday.

Do you realize how stupid you look attempting to defend one of the best known sock puppets/biased politicians on SA, and referencing a website that doesn't even exist ?

And demanding an apology on top of that ? Get fucking real.

And while you're at it, tell "Herbie" Gladwell to report the facts, no more, no less, not fiction and speculation.

#43 atefooterz

atefooterz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:16 AM

^ Sooo Gladwell is Sailor X ?

#44 surfsailor

surfsailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Interests:Surf. Foiling. Vintage guitars.

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

And apologize!

Puhleeze don't put words in my mouth.  The heat of battle line referred to the haste to make a deadline. It had nothing to do with OR vs ETNZ.

I must say I did RG a disservice.  Specifically, he did not err.  Went back and read the highly speculative piece in question.  It was labelled speculation in the headline, to whit: "Speculation on Oracle Team USA's Foiling System."   I didn't pay much attention to the piece at the time and still doubt it's credibility but who knows, events may prove me wrong. 

Should RG have published it. I have no problem with that. If he hadn't, he'd be copping criticism from folks like you for hiding it  :D

There's no 'deadline' when you are just publishing disingenuous shit-stirring - and I would say that the more outrageous the claim (in this case that OR cheated using an automatic stabilization system) the more corroberation is warranted. The truth is, all Gladwell had to do wss make a phone call - OR has been very forthcoming in describing exactly what they did during the final to improve their boat.

And look at you, still clinging to the bullshit with your 'events may prove me wrong' comment. Newsflash - they already have.

#45 TornadoSail2016

TornadoSail2016

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

I think TK is correct to ignore this cesspool alone and forgotten.

#46 floater

floater

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:04 PM

sailor X = Herbie Gladwell

#47 atefooterz

atefooterz

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

sailor X = Herbie Gladwell

most excellent thanks! :)

#48 KiwiJoker

KiwiJoker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:35 AM

Hey T-C.  Fair question.  Honestly, I don't know for sure and frankly, I'm not very interested. Hastings preceded me on this forum and I haven't followed his relatively few posts since then very closely.  I know there is a wide belief here that they are one and the same but, so what.

Kia Ora and Te Kooti is a different story. I've met one and have read the cruising history and seen photos of the other. Anyone who believes otherwise needs to take some strong anti-juju medication. 

#49 SIR CLEAN

SIR CLEAN

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:28 AM

Te Kooti. Since you hate Coutts for leaving a team he could not see winning the cup! Answer this.
If the current management of ETNZ left the company (TNZ) in a financial and asset stripped state and Dean Barker could not see a way to take the team forward with a winning business ( money and resources needed to win)... and as such had to leave the team!...
By the way. I think ETNZ has been bailed out by the NZ Government because they have been left with no money to carry on. ( to future planning by Dalton)

Well well teKooti...

You make bullshit statements right across this forum about Coutts. You make up bullshit stories, are derogatory to Coutts and spout of endlessly about Coutts's ethics and Morals...

Then when a fair question is asked of you, you don't have the balls nor fortitude to front up.

We all now know you are full of shit and gutless.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Pretending to be "high and mighty" has no credibility when you are throwing stones in glass houses.

All the aforementioned posts just re confirmed what I and others think.

#50 Bill R

Bill R

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:sailing

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:59 AM

Is this a bit like the pot calling the kettle black?

Well well teKooti...

You make bullshit statements right across this forum about Coutts. You make up bullshit stories, are derogatory to Coutts and spout of endlessly about Coutts's ethics and Morals...

Then when a fair question is asked of you, you don't have the balls nor fortitude to front up.

We all now know you are full of shit and gutless.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Pretending to be "high and mighty" has no credibility when you are throwing stones in glass houses.

All the aforementioned posts just re confirmed what I and others think.

#51 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,444 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:27 AM

ta koodie has always had highly biased political beliefs about RC supporting other teams, and has wrapped them in inaccurate characterizations that have conveniently omitted the facts of the politics with Blake and the RNZYS, which were clearly spelled out by another poster just recently.

While scripting seemingly diplomatic posts, he is one of the most prolific political trolls here, and his history and hatred of all things US goes back several decades, to a conference in the US when a paper of his was rejected at a US conference about 40 years ago. Ever since, he has carried a strong grudge against the US, and anything we represent, specifically military and health care issues. This also translates to all his issues and complaints about OR, not to mention his incessant rants about Kiwi culture being supreme, which quickly becomes disgusting. 

His history with sock puppets, ie; Hastings is very well known - and his background of the Hastings school is also well known. He has never acknowledged this, but it is far from the secret he would like to keep on SA.

A total political troll with an axe to grind against the US, no more, no less.

#52 SIR CLEAN

SIR CLEAN

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:49 AM

ta koodie has always had highly biased political beliefs about RC supporting other teams, and has wrapped them in inaccurate characterizations that have conveniently omitted the facts of the politics with Blake and the RNZYS, which were clearly spelled out by another poster just recently.

While scripting seemingly diplomatic posts, he is one of the most prolific political trolls here, and his history and hatred of all things US goes back several decades, to a conference in the US when a paper of his was rejected at a US conference about 40 years ago. Ever since, he has carried a strong grudge against the US, and anything we represent, specifically military and health care issues. This also translates to all his issues and complaints about OR, not to mention his incessant rants about Kiwi culture being supreme, which quickly becomes disgusting. 

His history with sock puppets, ie; Hastings is very well known - and his background of the Hastings school is also well known. He has never acknowledged this, but it is far from the secret he would like to keep on SA.

A total political troll with an axe to grind against the US, no more, no less.

Spot on SWS.

There are many delusional kiwis who don't truly understand what happened between Coutts and Blake/sefton/Blackman...

There are many kiwi who are so stupid that they are happy for Dalton and Barker to be reinstated without any challenge, accountability, nor external review.

Yip! That is The kiwi way. Keep backing the losers and cross your fingers.

They even do it with their politicians. Then complain about all the issues they have and all the taxes they have.... then vote the same idiots in again.

That's why they are failures!... they never learn from their mistakes and keep backing losers at the cost of depth, other sailors, and their I declining reputation.

#53 Bill R

Bill R

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:36 AM

So Te Kooti is the same as Yankee Doodle but with differing opinions. Both don't do much for diplomatic relations.

#54 SIR CLEAN

SIR CLEAN

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:04 AM

So Te Kooti is the same as Yankee Doodle but with differing opinions. Both don't do much for diplomatic relations.

William. Instead of replying with inane remarks why don't you try, for once, to refute what I have said with facts? As I do when I reply.

Just playing the man shows your lack of knowledge and general poor understanding of the topic.

Carry on Bill.... you're looking good.

And by the way. Both me and Te Kooti are not diplomats. We both have higher standards!... but you my friend are worthy of such a posting.

#55 Bill R

Bill R

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

The Coutts saga was how long ago? time to give it up.

#56 vij

vij

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Interests:Born Swedish. Lives in Switzerland

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:09 PM

It is surprising that some one that joined SA 25 Aug 2013 can know so much what people was writing before they joined isn't it :-)

#57 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

William. Instead of replying with inane remarks why don't you try, for once, to refute what I have said with facts? As I do when I reply.
Just playing the man shows your lack of knowledge and general poor understanding of the topic.
Carry on Bill.... you're looking good.
And by the way. Both me and Te Kooti are not diplomats. We both have higher standards!... but you my friend are worthy of such a posting.

I. Like the Man Show

Emmm. Girls on a Trampoline :-)

#58 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,444 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

It is surprising that some one that joined SA 25 Aug 2013 can know so much what people was writing before they joined isn't it :-)

Why is that surprising ? You can follow the site without joining - many do. 

And the Coutts situation being mischaracterized and blown way out of proportion by ta koodie is not exactly a secret either. The one thing he has consistently failed to mention is the RNZYS politics of the public trust that led up to his departure. 

So I'm not sure what your point is.

#59 NewDogBalls

NewDogBalls

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

I think TK is correct to ignore this cesspool alone and forgotten.

He's a pussy

#60 vij

vij

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

And the Coutts situation being mischaracterized and blown way out of proportion by ta koodie is not exactly a secret either. The one thing he has consistently failed to mention is the RNZYS politics of the public trust that led up to his departure. 

I know that. I was sort of taking the piss I was more referring to the fact that Mr YD tends to pop up under several different names. I think the last of him I saw was speed demon. If YD was a man with balls he would stand for what he sais and not change name all the time like a little scared boy that can not stand for what he sais.

#61 Tornado-Cat

Tornado-Cat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,703 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

Hey T-C.  Fair question.  Honestly, I don't know for sure and frankly, I'm not very interested. Hastings preceded me on this forum and I haven't followed his relatively few posts since then very closely.  I know there is a wide belief here that they are one and the same but, so what.

Kia Ora and Te Kooti is a different story. I've met one and have read the cruising history and seen photos of the other. Anyone who believes otherwise needs to take some strong anti-juju medication. 

Agreed.

I met TK, he is a nice, educated poster, even though we may not agree with everything.

If you know him, and who is the kiwi sailor behind Kia Ora,  it is pretty clear they are not the same poster.

Regarding Hastings, I don't know either.

#62 KiwiJoker

KiwiJoker

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:52 PM

I know that. I was sort of taking the piss I was more referring to the fact that Mr YD tends to pop up under several different names. I think the last of him I saw was speed demon. If YD was a man with balls he would stand for what he sais and not change name all the time like a little scared boy that can not stand for what he sais.

So you've observed the marked shapeshifter tendencies too.   :D   You're not alone.

#63 SIR CLEAN

SIR CLEAN

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:00 AM

vIJ ya fuck wit! I am not Speed demon.

If you are the man you say you are then give us you're real name too!

Two faced I think. How about arguing the topic rather than the MAN.

#64 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,444 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:08 AM

So you've observed the marked shapeshifter tendencies too.   :D   You're not alone.

Neither is anyone that reads Ta Kooties and Hasting's posts, along with Kia Ora. All very similar despite efforts to differentiate them to mask one's identity.

#65 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:46 AM

How many here are posting under their Real Names ???

the room goes quiet 

#66 vij

vij

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:29 AM

vIJ ya fuck wit! I am not Speed demon.

If you are the man you say you are then give us you're real name too!

Why would you argue? Why not discus like civilised people?

#67 SIR CLEAN

SIR CLEAN

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:02 AM

Vij -
I match my reply to the post! You ignore the topic and fuck with me then I will fuck with you. You debate the topic and I will debate with you.... robustly!!

Debate the topic and I will talk with you.

You get what you give.

Figured it out yet ?

#68 minimumfuss

minimumfuss

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:kiwis winning, sports

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:36 AM

Fuck me ..ya wander over after a week in the sun, and there are still peoples egos in the way.

Makes it look as if the AC didn't matter for a lot of posters here!!

F'n A. Cesspool. YD is like the aerator in a poo pond. What was the topic again?

#69 Tornado-Cat

Tornado-Cat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,703 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:25 AM

The man is the TOPIC.

#70 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

AC-A is a Cesspool that remains while un-needed (when nothing AC is happening)

we have a long wait till the action returns

this thread should be Pinned (to give us something else to complain about)

#71 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,444 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:26 AM

Where oh where is the great Taniwha whisperer anyway ?

Off in a cave in China with no internet ?

Hiding behind his podium in a dark corner wondering where the Taniwha went ?

Speaking for the multiple countries that he arrogantly thinks he represents ?

Babysitting for grumpy's kids while he stumps for money ?

For having such a big presence at the beginning of the cup he sure has vanished, along with Kia Ora and Hastings.

Wonder why ?

#72 ro!

ro!

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,189 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:35 AM

For having such a big presence at the beginning of the cup he sure has vanished, along with Kia Ora

Wonder why ?

The ubertroll sailerboy doing what he does best...trolling for kiwis on a Friday night...
Wonder why ?....

#73 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,444 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:42 AM

For having such a big presence at the beginning of the cup he sure has vanished, along with Kia Ora

Wonder why ?

The ubertroll sailerboy doing what he does best...trolling for kiwis on a Friday night...
Wonder why ?....

Motorcycle broken ? Sailboat beached ?

#74 SIR CLEAN

SIR CLEAN

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:54 AM

Wonder why ?

Wonder why ?....

Te kooti is just a reflection of many kiwi's who frequent forums.they are generally hopeless sailors, with little knowledge, and run to mommy when things get tough.

Just like Barker.

The fact they praise their losers and justifying poor performers with unwarranted praise is a confirmation of their mediocrity. Most live in the past and forget that their best years are gone and were over 30 years ago when their greatest sailor won gold in the Finn class.

Yes! Russ is their best asset but they praise Barker!... a sailor sailing for his own egotistical reason.... mainly to prove he can actually win something.

#75 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

Wonder why ?

Wonder why ?....

Te kooti is just a reflection of many kiwi's who frequent forums.they are generally hopeless sailors, with little knowledge, and run to mommy when things get tough.
Just like Barker.
The fact they praise their losers and justifying poor performers with unwarranted praise is a confirmation of their mediocrity. Most live in the past and forget that their best years are gone and were over 30 years ago when their greatest sailor won gold in the Finn class.
Yes! Russ is their best asset but they praise Barker!... a sailor sailing for his own egotistical reason.... mainly to prove he can actually win something.

Hi Graham. Still a bitter little twat I see. You never got over Jessie Watson making you look like such a fuckwit did you? My favourite Grahame moment was when Dawg flicked you for two weeks and when you could post again you told everyone that you had been away single handing and couldn't post from the boat. You have done a lot of single handing but you do change hands every 100 strokes. How's work at the paint shop anyway old mate?

#76 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:16 PM

Not answering graham? I might call your boss again. He was very interested about what you did on the interweb from work last time we spoke. You are a tool graham. No mates, no girlfriend and a shitty job at a paint store. Little wonder you are so bitter. How's the flying fifteen? Sold it yet?

#77 aldo

aldo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • Interests:Getting guys to put their white sticky stuff all over my face.

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:41 PM

I think its time you find a female poster to obsess upon.

Not answering graham? I might call your boss again. He was very interested about what you did on the interweb from work last time we spoke. You are a tool graham. No mates, no girlfriend and a shitty job at a paint store. Little wonder you are so bitter. How's the flying fifteen? Sold it yet?

#78 Tornado-Cat

Tornado-Cat

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,703 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

You volunteer ?

#79 aldo

aldo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:07 PM

If you have some sheep fur you can lend me I'm game.

You volunteer ?

#80 Speed demon

Speed demon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

yes well said there Aldo.

I remember that saga well and life buoy 15 aka lonely boy 15 did not come out of that Jessica obsession well along with others.

As for this latest Lonely buoy 15 re incarnation. If you read this latest rants it appears he has not changed and seem to be stalking Yankee Doodle.

In fact he is admitting to the same things he accuses (and only his word on the truth) YD of.

IE name changes, ringing his boss, and constantly saying bitter things of this guy.

And from what I see YD has some good points and as many backers as opposers.

The fact that life Bouy 15 threatens to ring this guys boss again, because of some past issues and/or the current posts about ETNZ, on a website with no real moral standards, shows that Life Buoy 15 is a seriously delude and mentally unstable person.

I would not trust a word this guy say,s based on his sexually explicit immoral comments regarding masturbation (all the time) and his expletive laden posts.

I think Life buoy 15's posts reflect more poorly on himself than Yankee Doodle do.

Just saying!

#81 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:38 PM

yes well said there Aldo.

I remember that saga well and life buoy 15 aka lonely boy 15 did not come out of that Jessica obsession well along with others.

As for this latest Lonely buoy 15 re incarnation. If you read this latest rants it appears he has not changed and seem to be stalking Yankee Doodle.

In fact he is admitting to the same things he accuses (and only his word on the truth) YD of.

IE name changes, ringing his boss, and constantly saying bitter things of this guy.

And from what I see YD has some good points and as many backers as opposers.

The fact that life Bouy 15 threatens to ring this guys boss again, because of some past issues and/or the current posts about ETNZ, on a website with no real moral standards, shows that Life Buoy 15 is a seriously delude and mentally unstable person.

I would not trust a word this guy say,s based on his sexually explicit immoral comments regarding masturbation (all the time) and his expletive laden posts.

I think Life buoy 15's posts reflect more poorly on himself than Yankee Doodle do.

Just saying!

Hi Graham. You are not very good at this are you.

#82 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

If you have some sheep fur you can lend me I'm game.

You volunteer ?

Err thanks for the offer but am I good.

#83 NewDogBalls

NewDogBalls

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:49 PM

TK, still got your head up a sheep's ass?

Come on you blubber mouth, you've got to have something to say.

#84 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,444 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:02 AM

Well te kootie - I see you lurking yet again.

#85 thetruth

thetruth

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:48 AM

I listened to the Vietch/Shoebridge interview and the last question was "will you reveal who has been retained" Shoebridge said there was no reason why that could not happen. I for one look forward to that particularly when he said that only 1 designer had been approached. When will people realise that Dalts and his mates are making comparable amounts as their nemesis Coutts?

#86 Life Buoy 15

Life Buoy 15

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:21 PM

I don't think so mate . If what I heard from a very reliable source about what Slingers has signed for is true. Barker and GD are playing for lunch money.

#87 DA-WOODY

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:06 PM

I don't think so mate . If what I heard from a very reliable source about what Slingers has signed for is true. Barker and GD are playing for  lunch money  WheatBits.

#88 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,444 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:11 AM

It appears some pretty fundamental changes are taking place with ET relative to the way they approached AC33 - several to be exact.

Since te kootie has gone on for years about how RC is a traitor to his beloved TNZ, what is to become of the flintstoner DB if the facebook challengers like Burling knock him out of his role as helm now that GD has awakened and will be pairing off two AC45's to develop competition within the team ?

Looks like grumpy has taken a page out of RC's playbook after having lost the cup.  

But after popping off for three years about Facebookers vs Flintstoners to mock RC, how grumpy and kiwi culture is far superior, and OR have too big a budget to focus on game winning endeavors, I expect te kootie will stay in his cave for some time yet - not enough crow for him to eat.

#89 maxmini

maxmini

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,972 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:27 AM

It appears some pretty fundamental changes are taking place with ET relative to the way they approached AC33 - several to be exact.

Since te kootie has gone on for years about how RC is a traitor to his beloved TNZ, what is to become of the flintstoner DB if the facebook challengers like Burling knock him out of his role as helm now that GD has awakened and will be pairing off two AC45's to develop competition within the team ?

Looks like grumpy has taken a page out of RC's playbook after having lost the cup.  

But after popping off for three years about Facebookers vs Flintstoners to mock RC, how grumpy and kiwi culture is far superior, and OR have too big a budget to focus on game winning endeavors, I expect te kootie will stay in his cave for some time yet - not enough crow for him to eat.

He did like to go on and on about how OR had too much money and too many distractions IE: Jimmy's ride in the Fighter jet . I would love to hear his take on the big bad US military especially our big Nuke carrier which will be supplying support for those in dire need from the typhoon in the Philippines

#90 aldo

aldo

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:21 PM

He did like to go on and on about how OR had too much money and too many distractions IE: Jimmy's ride in the Fighter jet . I would love to hear his take on the big bad US military especially our big Nuke carrier which will be supplying support for those in dire need from the typhoon in the Philippines

The US Has 10 nuclear Carrier anchored battle groups.

#91 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,444 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:28 PM

But he only tells one side of any story and carefully omits anything that doesn't suit his agenda, so you certainly can't expect anything close to objective from him.

Ironic as I thought that was one of the underlying principles of education.

#92 NewDogBalls

NewDogBalls

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:51 PM

But he only tells one side of any story and carefully omits anything that doesn't suit his agenda, so you certainly can't expect anything close to objective from him.

Ironic as I thought that was one of the underlying principles of education.

SWS - it's called being a tenured professor.  You can be as big a liberal POS as you want to be and get away with it.  And, I hear it's worse in NZ then what you can get away with here in our US of A.

#93 floater

floater

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:12 PM

Not that it's particularly relevant - but TK's repetitious statement that ETNZ would win and "save the Cup" always left me perplexed (and mildly vexed).

I think it arguable that ET in fact did save AC34 - simply by providing the world with an AC competition for the ages.

But if ET prevailed - would the cup be "saved"? WTF.

#94 SW Sailor

SW Sailor

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,444 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:51 AM

Not that it's particularly relevant - but TK's repetitious statement that ETNZ would win and "save the Cup" always left me perplexed (and mildly vexed).

I think it arguable that ET in fact did save AC34 - simply by providing the world with an AC competition for the ages.

By "saving the cup" he meant killing the obviously worthless ACWS, a return to monoslugs (which I confirmed during the finals), 100% nationality rules, and trashing the facebook vs flintstones concept, the one that proved accurate three years ago despite his constant childish jabs at RC, and of course few have mentioned the obvious loss of the fantastic development work by Stan Honey with Liveline Graphics that would have happened because ET couldn't have afforded it. By "saving the cup" he actually meant sending it back 10 or 15 years, which was grumpy's plan had he won. 

The part about the ACWS I find most interesting, because bench strength with the sailing team was an obvious weakness I pointed out several times early on, and had he gone with 2 AC45's, he would have likely been better prepared for the AC 34 finals.

Grumpy's new approach (may have to start calling him smiley), being open (which he was not before), acknowledging he's moving forward to secure funds to launch an AC35 campaign (which he refused to acknowledge for months after entering AC34), announcing he's signing up for two AC45's (despite dissing them before in favor of SL33's), putting the helm position as one earned, vs a god given right for DB, etc. effectively undermines all his previous comments during AC34. The irony in this is it's left all his SAAC sheeple high and dry on a rock with everything they posted over the last three years.

Funny how things worked out.

#95 maxmini

maxmini

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,972 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:33 AM

By "saving the cup" he meant killing the obviously worthless ACWS, a return to monoslugs (which I confirmed during the finals), 100% nationality rules, and trashing the facebook vs flintstones concept, the one that proved accurate three years ago despite his constant childish jabs at RC, and of course few have mentioned the obvious loss of the fantastic development work by Stan Honey with Liveline Graphics that would have happened because ET couldn't have afforded it. By "saving the cup" he actually meant sending it back 10 or 15 years, which was grumpy's plan had he won. 

The part about the ACWS I find most interesting, because bench strength with the sailing team was an obvious weakness I pointed out several times early on, and had he gone with 2 AC45's, he would have likely been better prepared for the AC 34 finals.

Grumpy's new approach (may have to start calling him smiley), being open (which he was not before), acknowledging he's moving forward to secure funds to launch an AC35 campaign (which he refused to acknowledge for months after entering AC34), announcing he's signing up for two AC45's (despite dissing them before in favor of SL33's), putting the helm position as one earned, vs a god given right for DB, etc. effectively undermines all his previous comments during AC34. The irony in this is it's left all his SAAC sheeple high and dry on a rock with everything they posted over the last three years.

Funny how things worked out.

TK is one of several cocky members on this forum that are feeling the results of the age old adage :)

71ac01790c.jpg

#96 mad

mad

Anarchist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,507 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:51 AM

The constant Taniwha (sp?) and Maori referrals didn't help either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users